Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's First Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Str

They look great. I'm in here as well. We are here to help with what we can bro. I agree with the water droplets becoming magnifying glasses on the leaves and the light burns the. They seem to have bounced back from that anyway. You read KingJohns entire thread....kudos to you my friend! Are you going to train them at all... scrog, lst, lollipop, topping? I'll see you around. :passitleft:

Re: Arteekay's First Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Str

Those are so pretty!

Those are so pretty!

Good, then it's not just me. I'll thank this forum, Crop King Seeds, and the Twilight Spider x4 for them being as healthy as they seem, and the cfl for making the pictures look like something.

I'm absolutely thrilled with them so far, though I think they may be getting creeped out with me staring at 'em all the time.

They look great. I'm in here as well. We are here to help with what we can bro. I agree with the water droplets becoming magnifying glasses on the leaves and the light burns the. They seem to have bounced back from that anyway. You read KingJohns entire thread....kudos to you my friend! Are you going to train them at all... scrog, lst, lollipop, topping? I'll see you around. :passitleft:

Excellent news, thank you Mello136.

I honestly didn't think the cfl was powerful enough to burn 'em even with the water droplets. But regardless, I'm done misting. Really it was just a method of pretending I was helping without overwatering too horrendously.

Not just KingJohns entire thread, I've been consuming this forum non-stop for weeks now.

I've of course been giving training a lot of thought. The original plan was to get 'em in the dirt and get something, anything, to harvest. The original plan was also going to be a small grow cabinet with a single cfl, but that morphed into a 4x4 grow tent and the spider pretty quickly, so I'm in unplanned territory. I'm going with the conventional wisdom on autoflowers. I'm following A-Train's autoflower mythbusting thread with great interest, but not willing to take any real risks with this first grow. I'm guessing some tomato cages, under the assumption they'll get at least 3 or 4 feet tall, and just use that to do some very light spreading of the canopy. Still looking for a good tutorial on tying down tops as well, since I've only got about 4 feet maximum between the top of the pots and the bottom of the light.

Once these first 6 girls put out for me, I'll be getting right into playing with our remaining autoflower seeds while doing up some photo-period strains my cohorts are insisting we have to try.

Moving from tap to RO bottled water for their next cycle, and debating if it'll be straight water or another 1/4 strength feeding. I'm still not clear on exactly what I should expect out of new Sunshine #4. I've read everything from it's devoid of any nutrients, enough for one or two waterings, all the way to I shouldn't have to worry about it at all until well into flowering. Fairly certain at four days since their feeding that if nothing else I didn't burn them, and now I'll lose whatever tds was in my tap water. Opinions more than welcome.

Great job, looks like they are quite happy.

Millertm

Tonight's pics, a little earlier than usual.

Gave the Revolver another 500ml of straight water, she's get her first good soaking a couple days from now. Otherwise I'm sitting on my hands trying not to bother 'em for the next day or two.

Seems to have been a good weekend for growth.

They are loving it!!!! Now their roots are stretching out into the pot, seeking out books and crannies. Always remember, as below so above. The roots match what's up top, in fact sometimes the roots are bigger and that's what we want. A huge root system to give all the nutes to the leaves and buds above. Your auto needs to grow these roots now because when she starts flowering she will switch to bud production and mostly rely on the root system she has.

You are doing great. I'm sitting here in the corner smoking a fatty with a big smile on my face.

Lol I did same thing read king john c journal and all of twilight groups journal bought me the spider 4 cob led grow light man this thing is awesome my plants love this light im running it with a 600 watt mars hydro led grow light with 2 autos and in dwc but the spider 4 seems be good light your plants look great im fixen to pop 2 more autos in air pots as soon as they arrive now that I see you got 4 going under it and a 125 watt cfl I bought some snow storm ultra to to use on them like renagade and king john c just got 2 more weeks then I'll start using it but your set up nice I don't have space to throw up my 4x4 x7 tent so I have to grow in a 2.5x2.5x6.5 area at the moment when I do set my tent up I will purchase another spider 4 cob led so I can run 2 in my 4x4 I think that be perfect for the space

What lenses from Twilight are you using?
A good method is to veg under the wider lenses, than flower under the 60°.
The Sunshine mix needs nutes. But don't overfeed. What nutes again?

What lenses from Twilight are you using?
A good method is to veg under the wider lenses, than flower under the 60°.
The Sunshine mix needs nutes. But don't overfeed. What nutes again?

I bought from a Canadian company that uses Twilight to manufacture it's line, so i can't mention it here. But, I'm told they are the 90° lenses and I don't currently have access to any other angles. They are currently 21 inches from the tallest tops.

I'm not opposed to dropping another couple hundred on lighting in the near to immediate future if need be. The original plan was just the single cfl, so we're already a good step up from that, but I'm hooked now on meaningful improvements even to my maiden grow.

It's a 4x4x~6.7 foot tent, suggestions for improvements are welcome.

My on hand nutrients are what the local hydro store guy told me would be just fine, Dutch Nutrient Formula Grow A+B and Bloom A+B, as well as 2-0-0 Calmag+. Again, not at all fussed by suggestions on improving this, but figure I may as well use these up now that I got 'em.

So far the four original girls have had one small 1/4 strength feeding in 18 days, on Wednesday of last week and nothing since as the pots are still pretty heavy. The other two that are a week or so behind haven't had anything but tap water so far.

Switching to RO for the next drink though, so I figured I'd go 1/4 strength again since I'll be losing the tds from the municipal water system.

You have 10x420 posts as of your reply here. That's somehow awesome I think. ;-)

I'm absolutely thrilled with them so far, though I think they may be getting creeped out with me staring at 'em all the time.

They're girls! I am sure they rather enjoy the attention ;) I talk to my plants during the day LOL

They're girls! I am sure they rather enjoy the attention ;) I talk to my plants during the day LOL

As do I. Talking, singing, music, staring, fondling, feeding, etc etc etc lol :passitleft: :rofl: :rofl:

As do I. Talking, singing, music, staring, fondling, feeding, etc etc etc lol :passitleft: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm probably legally blind from staring at em under the lights.

We're still at the staring at each other across the schoolyard stage, and if I get too close they just may run away.

Forgot last night's family pics:

And tonight:

Better angle on the brood

Sitting on my hands for another night, considering doing a little LSTing to the big Candy Cane, worried it's gonna be a big gurl soon.

Not at all happy with my tent, and I'm a little concerned with trying to flower even 4 of these 6 with just the spider.

So, hoping to summon SmokeSara to sell me a Canadian Mars tent and light. Not sure if her being a Sponsor means I can PM her before having 50 posts.

Thanks Shig, I've just done so. Hopefully she'll get back to me before my current impulse to spend spend spend subsides.

lookin good buddy. just think of the 4x4 as an adventure lol

i agree with watering the entire pot and letting it dry out, weight seems to be the easyest way to tell once you get used to the difference. and im really glad you didnt end up placing the autos in a solo cup lol they would have ended up tiny more than likley. and finally with sunshine #4 i think you can go 2-3 weeds with not nutes but def want to go with 1/4-1/2 strength nutes for most of veg (nute copanys always seem suggest way to much). i love the grow and how detailed you are with the info man im subb'd for this one for sure :popcorn:

PS: im sure sara will be able to work some magic and brighten that room up :circle-of-love: i love all my mars LED products

and i may be able to assist with a suggestion with a Mars LED light, i grow with only there panels. what is the wattage from the wall that the Spyder pulls? usually you want to have a min of 35 watts per square foot and can wont see much of an improvement over 50 Watts sq/ft

Back
Top Bottom