Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

That's what I'm talkin' about! :high-five: I'll be right over to help you sample. :laughtwo:

Reps for that. Wow! Excellent work.

Jaybiz has been busy rolling joints for the last hour or so, samples are on deck!

We averaged 50% higher yields across the first 6 plants from this grow over our first. Very happy with that.

Freaking awesome harvest!!! Yay for you!

Thanks CM, as much work at it all is, never have I had a more satisfying hobby. :high-five:

Very nice numbers there gentlemen! The lemon skunk made some very beautiful nugs!
That PK looks ready for sure has she begun flowering yet or are you waiting for one more square outward?

Thanks Shigs, good to see ya man. This place sure slows down over the summer.

PK was still in veg at 20/4, but we flipped her tonight. Thanks for the push. Hopefully her flowering stretch will fill the scrog up.

June 8 (Wednesday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 57, Red Poison is 43, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 27, and Early Miss 3 is 13 days old. Temp was 84 today with RH at 53%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 11-24 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 64 days old (starting her first day in 12/12). Temp is 80 and RH is 49% at the canopy, 80 and 51% at the top. She is 13 inches from her light.

• Cheryl (AH) got soaked with third strength grow nutes (6 liters with 22.5 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 6 ml of calmag+) at 732ppm and 5.8 PH @ 70 f

Our first Purple Kush photoperiod was flipped to 12/12, she'll be in the dark from 3am to 3pm. I'm hoping her flowering stretch is decent so we can fill up the scrog a lot more.

I had to take a pair of branches off Cheryl, our first Amnesia Haze auto, to maintain the rectangular shape we shoot for. She's a bushy little thing, and I want to make sure she's not too thick on her narrow side.

Otherwise, an easy night.

EM3 at 13 days (14.51 lbs, down from 16.30 yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 27 days (10.86 lbs down from 13.91 yesterday, 24.30 lbs after watering tonight):

RP at 43 days (18.86 lbs, down from 25.97 after watering yesterday):

C3 at 57 days (12.58 lbs down from 17.16 yesterday, 25.23 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 64 days, first day at 12/12 (26.77 lbs, down from 29.36 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

C3 is looking great. Very impressive numbers, those LED'S work well it seems. I'm sure JBizz and you have nothing to do with those numbers. I can't imagine how much time you guys spend under LED lights. Great job.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

I just figured it out. I'm drawn by the consistency of the training. This is the same thrill I get when I visit Graytail's garden in full swing (damn, I miss those regular Monday night dates!). It's the reason I mentored with him, to be able to duplicate his consistent training of photos. In the same respect, I hope to learn to mimic your style of managing autos.

You two underestimate the effect you're having on us all. This is really a breathless experience, stopping to admire your handiwork every day. It actually causes me heartache to find myself at three in the morning so tired I can't see anymore and knowing I'll have to swing through here later. :laughtwo:

I can tell you have put some hard work into making your grow beautiful. It's not surprising from you though. Good job on those ladies!

Jaybiz does the heavy lifting, which is unfortunate because it's me that really needs the extra exercise. I greatly enjoy the organization and planning part of training, and I've had no sign that Biz is unhappy with the way our plants have been turning out since I got so heavily involved with training. That said, I really need to jump up and grab some trips up and down the stairs with some full buckets, for my health.

Every time I come here this song starts going through my head ... youcantube Looney Tunes Factory Theme Music AKA "Powerhouse" by Raymond Scott Performed by Carl Stalling

You should patent your system before ACME does :)

Ok, I'll admit I had to google that, but it took no more than the first couple of notes to get pulled back 30+ years. Excellent reference. :)

I'm really liking the every two week schedule. Firstly it's just cool to look in and see 4 or 5 all two weeks apart, the changes that occur within 14 days is just astounding. Seems to work very well for workload and space as well. In our first grow we had 6 in the 4x4 all at the same age, so by day 60 or so it was incredibly tight and a ton of work every day.

C3 is looking great. Very impressive numbers, those LED'S work well it seems. I'm sure JBizz and you have nothing to do with those numbers. I can't imagine how much time you guys spend under LED lights. Great job.

I'd say we average about an hour a night we spend downstairs on the girls, excluding any builds or reconfigurations, but most of that is thankfully outside the tents at the desk I take the pics on.

Good to see ya bud, been a while. Summer.

I just figured it out. I'm drawn by the consistency of the training. This is the same thrill I get when I visit Graytail's garden in full swing (damn, I miss those regular Monday night dates!). It's the reason I mentored with him, to be able to duplicate his consistent training of photos. In the same respect, I hope to learn to mimic your style of managing autos.

You two underestimate the effect you're having on us all. This is really a breathless experience, stopping to admire your handiwork every day. It actually causes me heartache to find myself at three in the morning so tired I can't see anymore and knowing I'll have to swing through here later. :laughtwo:

You are really far too kind and sweet, Sue. I still feel your praise is undeserved, but it never fails to bring a huge smile to my face, which of course causes a session of medication and a quick trip downstairs to once again confirm they really are down there and look as good as they do. See, I don't really believe my own eyes even, or at least expect to wake up soon to a stale jar of roaches as my only immediate source.

I'd say I'll try and get my daily update out earlier for ya, but I'll fail on that promise. :)

I'm pretty happy with how our training plan is going overall, but I still struggle with what and how much to remove. I need to get back to being a bit more aggressive when lollipopping. I didn't do any to our Red Poison, just didn't have a clue what to expect out of her. Next one.

Since it's been going so well, it's time to try something new. Our first CKS Train Wreck auto went into a 4.6 gallon airpot rather than our usual 5 gallon fabric. Jaybiz is going to build a 36x15 inch frame level with the pot, then string it just across the narrow width. I'm not ready to try a scrog on one yet (particularly not one we haven't grow before), but it'll be great to have a a solid framework to tie down to and a predefined perimeter.

Unfortunately that's going to mean my lights need to move up and all the rest will have to be lifted up to compensate, so for now she's in the flowering tent with our Purple Kush on 12/12. That'll do until she sprouts, so I've got a day or two at least.

June 9 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 58, Red Poison is 44, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 28, and Early Miss 3 is 14 days old. Temp was 80 today with RH at 48%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 13-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 65 days old (day 2 since flipping to 12/12). Temp is 80 and RH is 39% at the canopy, 80 and 39% at the top. She is 13 inches from her light.

Family pics:

EM3 at 14 days

Cheryl (AH) at 28 days

RP at 44 days

Missed her today dammit.​

C3 at 58 days

PK at 65 days (2 days in 12/12)

Back in the tent:

Ok, I'll admit I had to google that, but it took no more than the first couple of notes to get pulled back 30+ years. Excellent reference. :)

I'm really liking the every two week schedule. Firstly it's just cool to look in and see 4 or 5 all two weeks apart, the changes that occur within 14 days is just astounding. Seems to work very well for workload and space as well. In our first grow we had 6 in the 4x4 all at the same age, so by day 60 or so it was incredibly tight and a ton of work every day.

That's it! I'm starting a petition for a new emoticon here.. "two weeks" has become such a standard answer here :rofl: I'm thinking something like the mask separating from Arnolds head, or better yet when he/she is pulling at his/her mouth.

At any rate, .... two weeks ... heh, has been my standard staggering routine as well for many years. Things got a bit out of whack and chaotic over the last year or so, but we're getting back to that. :high-five:

That's it! I'm starting a petition for a new emoticon here.. "two weeks" has become such a standard answer here :rofl: I'm thinking something like the mask separating from Arnolds head, or better yet when he/she is pulling at his/her mouth.

At any rate, .... two weeks ... heh, has been my standard staggering routine as well for many years. Things got a bit out of whack and chaotic over the last year or so, but we're getting back to that. :high-five:

We started this grow back on Jan 1 with five all at the same time, but figured out the trick before they all finished.

I'm looking forward to Halloween night, we'll officially be growing for a year that night. Can't wait to be able to say "for a few years" when talking about our experience.

I know, I've only been here 19 months, growing for only 17 of those months. Someday I'll be able to say "Oh, about ten years, to my recollection. :battingeyelashes: "

I need to get that "every two weeks established. I've missed it again. I may be at the point now where I start to pay closer attention. Too many distractions, and the tents sorta run themselves after a point, don't they?

I have to admit, it makes me chuckle when you miss one and the notation includes that little exasperated "dammit!" :laughtwo: I feel the same way. Lol!

June 10 (Friday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 59, Red Poison is 45, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 29, and Early Miss 3 is 15 days old. Temp was 81 today with RH at 48%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 13-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 66 days old (day 3 since flipping to 12/12). Temp is 81 and RH is 39% at the canopy, 81 and 40% at the top. She is 13 inches from her light.

• C3 got soaked with 75% strength bloom nutes (5 liters with 18 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 5 ml of GO CaMg+, and .9 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 697ppm and 5.8 PH @ 66 f

Missed most of the extra data on yesterday's post, and tomorrow will be the first in a long time without a daily post. I'm out of town overnight for a family wedding, so Jaybiz will be taking care of them alone for the day. I haven't been away from for more than 24 hours since Christmas. hehehe

Family pics:

EM3 at 15 days (11.73 lbs, down from 12.32 yesterday):

Cheryl (AH) at 29 days (14.68 lbs, down from 19.08 yesterday):

RP at 45 days (20.97 lbs, down from 25.79 yesterday after watering) Yeah, I lost control of that one top. Much too late to do anything about it now:

C3 at 59 days (14.60 lbs down from 18.77 yesterday, 25.40 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 66 days (22.90 lbs, down from 24.64 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Your PK's almost there. Please tell Jay he needs to post so I can rep him for the framework idea. It sparked a creative cascade. You guys are really tempting me to go with autos.

I was admiring the flow you've created, as well as the prowess you display with training, errant cola notwithstanding. :laughtwo: The beauty of running them two weeks apart is beginning to catch my attention. This is a great use of space you've evolved to. Very attractive arteekay, in great part due to your consistent documentation and presentation.

I admire that control. I'm all over the place spontaneous. Not much chance I'll change that part :laughtwo: but it wouldn't hurt to get to my own perpetual style now, would it? Lol.

I'm thrilled you got away for even a weekend. Missing it something dreadful, aren't you? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Your PK's almost there. Please tell Jay he needs to post so I can rep him for the framework idea. It sparked a creative cascade. You guys are really tempting me to go with autos.

I was admiring the flow you've created, as well as the prowess you display with training, errant cola notwithstanding. :laughtwo: The beauty of running them two weeks apart is beginning to catch my attention. This is a great use of space you've evolved to. Very attractive arteekay, in great part due to your consistent documentation and presentation.

I admire that control. I'm all over the place spontaneous. Not much chance I'll change that part :laughtwo: but it wouldn't hurt to get to my own perpetual style now, would it? Lol.

I'll mention it to him for sure. I'll be by shortly to check out how things are going over in your journal. I expect I'm a good half dozen pages behind by now, it has been over 24 hours. :)

We're looking to expand a bit to run more photos, but our auto tent/room will be perpetual for the foreseeable future. It's just going too well there, keeping us in constant new product on a regular schedule. That in turn frees us up to play with more photos.

I'm thrilled you got away for even a weekend. Missing it something dreadful, aren't you? :battingeyelashes: :love:

It was absolutely fantastic, always good to see the whole family, or at least one side of it. Open bar, and we did our best to drain it before the license expired. Got close enough. :)

I was absolutely shocked at the changes during my absence. I'm used to seeing them morning, afternoon and evening every day, but thankfully I'm in a co-grow so I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Thanks Hozona, always good to have ya 'round.

Looking great bro!

Hey Krypt, been a while. Thanks for checking in. Things have been going pretty well for the last few cycles.

These looks delicious.
Subbed

Awesome! Welcome Jarr0c1 and sorry I haven't been around to welcome the new users in a while. Always nice to see new members join in. You'll find nowhere better than this community.

I have to admit, it makes me chuckle when you miss one and the notation includes that little exasperated "dammit!" :laughtwo: I feel the same way. Lol!

I take 'em all out to weigh and photograph them, and try to get to the ones that'll need water so Jaybiz can start mixing. Unfortunately I get distracted and end up spending time playing with one or two, then have to rush so that I don't end up spending the entire night down there. Friggin' hate it when I miss one. :)

June 12 (Sunday) Update.

Autos: Candy Cane 3 is 61, Red Poison is 47, Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 31, Early Miss 3 is 17, and Train Wreck is 2 days old. Temp was 83 today with RH at 51%. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 13-24 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 68 days old (day 5 since flipping to 12/12). Temp is 84 and RH is 41% at the canopy, 85 and 41% at the top. She is 13 inches from her light.

Yesterday

• TW got 180 ml of bubbled tap water down her stem at 153ppm and 5.8 PH @ 70 f
  • Cheryl (AH) got soaked with full strength grow nutes (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 7.5 ml of calmag+) at 894ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Today

• EM3 got 4 liters of bubbled tap water at 147ppm and 5.8 PH @ 73 f
  • RP got soaked with 75% strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 22.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1.1 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 792ppm and 5.8 PH @ 70 f
  • C3 got soaked with weak quarter strength nutes to start her 9+ day flush (6 liters with 7.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B) at 347ppm and 5.8 PH @ 70 f

First, some pics Jaybiz shot for us yesterday:

TW at day 1:

Cheryl (AH) at 30 days:

RP at 46 days:

PK at 67 days:

Today's stats and pics:

TW at 2 days (9.90 lbs, down from 10.26 after her first watering yesterday):

EM3 at 17 days (9.43 lbs down from 10.75 yesterday, 18.11 lbs after watering tonight):

Cheryl (AH) at 31 days (17.64 lbs, down from 24.56 after watering yesterday):

RP at 47 days (11.27 lbs down from 16.30 yesterday, 24.60 lbs after watering tonight):

C3 at 61 days (15.80 lbs down from 20.88 yesterday, 25.57 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 68 days (19.05 lbs, down from 21.34 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Back
Top Bottom