Away's Second Grow - DIY - Mars II TopLED 400W (80x5W) - 2015

Pictures from last night... gave her a defoliation again, fed her cal/mag + veg nutes and started slowly reducing the light hours... going towards 12/12 ^^ I'm planning on taking a clone when she's stretched a little.. gonna be my first so that'll be fun :)

IMG_37689.JPG
IMG_377210.JPG
IMG_37697.JPG
IMG_37708.JPG
IMG_37716.JPG

McD's on the training Away.

Looking good Away, after you get the 4'x4' you'll need a 2'x4' for veg. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking good Away, after you get the 4'x4' you'll need a 2'x4' for veg. :cheesygrinsmiley:

For sure! :)
but yeah that'll be in the future.. Im a broke ass, so im gonna be buying up the 4x4 tent, then i'll need to wait a month to buy ventilation lol.. just to afford it. So the first couple of months im probably just gonna use my closet as the veg chamber ;)

It looks great Away, it looks like your practicing up on your Bondage. :thedoubletake: :cheesygrinsmiley: :laughtwo: :rofl:

So this morning i took my very first cutting, trimmed it for fan leaves, scraped the part that is going in the soil to induce root growth. Finally i dipped it up nicely in rooting hormone (using powder) was generous with it. Then i placed her in the ground and added my homemade humidity dome as you can see.
oh before i put the humidity dome on i also trimmed half of the leaves that were left as you can see, so that she focus her growth below soil rather than above.

IMG_38008.JPG
IMG_38016.JPG

leaves don't focus on growing when theres no roots
the plants gonna feed off them till theres enough roots to sustain itself
and its growth so just don't even take too much green away or there might not be anything left green to grow when there is roots

leaves don't focus on growing when theres no roots
the plants gonna feed off them till theres enough roots to sustain itself
and its growth so just don't even take too much green away or there might not be anything left green to grow when there is roots

Thanks for that...
I feel like i left enough for it to sustain, considering i see other's cloning their plants with 2 fan leaves... i let her keep the 3rd as well, cause i didnt wanna take it all :)
Why do people cut half of their fan leaves when cloning? what does it do?
i heard that it helps keep focus on the roots rather than leaves. i dont know though, what do you think?
And does it help?

Have a nice day bro's, here its an indoor day.. :lot-o-toke:

Thanks for that...
I feel like i left enough for it to sustain, considering i see other's cloning their plants with 2 fan leaves... i let her keep the 3rd as well, cause i didnt wanna take it all :)
Why do people cut half of their fan leaves when cloning? what does it do?
i heard that it helps keep focus on the roots rather than leaves. i dont know though, what do you think?
And does it help?

Have a nice day bro's, here its an indoor day.. :lot-o-toke:

they cut it cause the leaves transpire its also why with old cloning methods they like to put a humidity dome
so instead of moisture going out the leaves its moist enough the leaves will intake the moisture
ive noticed with my dyi bubble cloner I don't need a dome its not even an issue
the stem is always wet enough its almost like sticking it in a cup of water but it gets more air
helping it root faster and it just feeds off the leaves so the leaves slowly yellow and start to die off until theres enough
root structure for it to eat from the res by which time I usually have a very light amount of veg nutes in there

Back
Top Bottom