Barney’s Farm With The Mars Hydro

Two down, 8 and a runt to go. Its still crowded but two more should be ready by Saturday, with most of the rest in the next week. A couple of these are big and full, I really didn't expect such big autos, got lucky. Its day 71 and the 3 talls probably have 2 plus weeks to go. Itll be nice for them to finish out by themselves.

Those giant swords in the second pic! What is she? She's beautiful!
The garden looks great stinker! They all look quite immaculate. And as Otter pointed out, the big cola swords on them too! You'll have a lovely selection of bud to enjoy from your gardening efforts this grow!

Those giant swords in the second pic! What is she? She's beautiful!
Thank you Stone. In the 2nd pic, back rt is a Strawberry Cheesecake and on the back left is a Watermelon Zkittlez.
The garden looks great stinker! They all look quite immaculate. And as Otter pointed out, the big cola swords on them too! You'll have a lovely selection of bud to enjoy from your gardening efforts this grow!
Variety is nice, this morning I tried some of the pink Runtz, its good. After a cure it'll be better. Thank you.

This morning I broke down the green Runtz and wanted to show how hollow the stems are. The pink was the same. :peace:

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

This morning I broke down the green Runtz and wanted to show how hollow the stems are. The pink was the same. :peace:
Wow, that's really pronounced. Yesterday, I pruned off a couple of yellowing larfy stems and noticed both had similar hollow centres. Once I've had my breakfast I'll go dig out some arborist goo and fill them up as I don't want any bugs going in them.

Wow, that's really pronounced. Yesterday, I pruned off a couple of yellowing larfy stems and noticed both had similar hollow centres. Once I've had my breakfast I'll go dig out some arborist goo and fill them up as I don't want any bugs going in them.
I wouldn't want them exposed if growing. Good call filling them up.
Any idea what makes them hollow?
There is conflicting information. Some say its a boron deficiency while others say its beneficial. The plants were healthy and strong to me. If anyone has any input or info on what causes hollow stems I would be interested to know more.

Your tents are full of well cared for beautiful plants and buds.. and thanks, I've been trying to improve the pics. :cool:

I appreciate the compliment West, thank you. This many plants is a first for me. Its work.

Your DWC girls look amazing. I've only ever grown in soil and have been watching you guys for awhile. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Always been slow to try new things.
-----------

Two down, 8 and a runt to go. Its still crowded but two more should be ready by Saturday, with most of the rest in the next week. A couple of these are big and full, I really didn't expect such big autos, got lucky. Its day 71 and the 3 talls probably have 2 plus weeks to go. Itll be nice for them to finish out by themselves.

I included a pic of the Runtz runt, its doing okay for not getting as much light. :peace:

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG
Stinker, they're getting absolutely massive!! :goodjob:
They're beautiful.

Stinker, they're getting absolutely massive!! :goodjob:
They're beautiful.

Thanks Nick. They surprised me with their size.
-----------

Today I jarred 48 g of the pink. I think two more will come out at lights on, another Runtz and a Watermelon Zkittlez. :peace:

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

Two more were taken today, the last Runtz with orange pistils and the first Watermelon Zkittlez. They will be put in the dark for a day maybe two.
Wow really pretty! Every one of your's looks great, solid colas. They should give you a rewarding choice of experiences when it comes to smoking/vaping up and enjoying it.
Thank you, Stunger. Everything is dense and solid. Tasted the pink today, its going to be nice. Growing is nearly as rewarding as consuming I think.

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

Stinky! Wow! Wow! Wow! Idk what plant I am wowing but just wow. I am in love with this grow you have had and are having!

Stinky! Wow! Wow! Wow! Idk what plant I am wowing but just wow. I am in love with this grow you have had and are having!
:) Thank you! This has been a good grow.
I agree Krissi, every one of stinker's grow is looking picture book.
:Namaste:
------

Its day 75, yesterday I chopped the first Zkittlez. A couple more will be ready later this week. Happy grows :peace:

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG
Any idea what makes them hollow?

Hi stinker & Stone!
The stems are looking normal and tissue pith looks healthy.

Thought I’ll write this up as I’ve been wondering the same before.
This may not be the exact broscience, but makes sense for me.

So first of all, thats normal for autoflowers. I think it is because of the ruderalis genetics.
As autoflowers generally photosyntesize and mature faster than photoperioids, so I’ve understood the more ”hollowish” stem is like an advantage for the plant. Autos needs to move relatively more Carbon dioxide through the plant (roots - leave stomata) more and faster than a normal plant would.
Google for ”pith autolysis” for more information regarding, if interested.

There is conflicting information. Some say its a boron deficiency while others say its beneficial. The plants were healthy and strong to me. If anyone has any input or info on what causes hollow stems I would be interested to know more.
Yes Boron deficiency makes the stems and branches weaker, but not particulalry hollow. Boron and Calcium works together and their more complex to explain. But if B or Ca is lacking that will make the stem inner tissue (see your pic - the inner white tissue) weaker and therefore stems might be more weaker. For example my current DWC plant has been Calcium and Boron defient, if you want to see how the foliar/plant symptoms look like.

And for example this the stalk of my previous Purple Punch autoflower I grew in dwc. It has been drying there for like 5-6 weeks now and the and the hollow stems have dried up. When I cut those branches at that time I could have pushed a pen inside the shaft.
0EA4CE3B-AB25-4135-88CC-60DE3930D0BB.jpeg

And heres one autoflower (Blackberry Kush) I grew in soil:
The closer to the main stalk I would have cut the branch, the more hollow it would have looked.
B3ABAA0D-C268-4C12-A244-1D109BEE874A.jpeg

I’d say totally normal for autos.
And GZ for the harvest!! :)

I’d say totally normal for autos.
Thanks Verbalist for the info and sharing your experience. I didn't see any deficiencies and the stems seemed to hold up the weight of the buds without sag. There are 2 more hanging now, curious to see if they have hollow stems as well.

At risk of repeating myself, great gardening stinker! They look as they ideally should look, picture book! :yummy:
You are really too kind, Stunger. I do my best to anticipate the needs, the plants do the rest. :cool:
-------------

I cant say enough good things about the Runtz autos, they were fast to finish and are very potent. Growing with the strong @Mars Hydro FC-4800 and @Remo Nutrients were a great combo.

I started the morning with a taste of the pink Runtz, its dank and strong. It will be amazing after a bit of a cure. :peace:

P1020057-crop.jpg

The bud smell has been getting more noticeable in the house for the last couple days. My carbon filter is fading fast. Rather than order another and wait, I'll make the 40 min drive and pu a new one. Usually I just order everything except for soil.

The last three shorter plants should be ready by the weekend. There is also a Runtz runt. The taller 3 will be another few weeks. :peace:

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1539.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

Stinker, somehow calling that Runtz a runt doesn't seem fair.

She was grown among bohemoths through no fault of her own. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom