BID 5.1 Digital Dual JDL 600s - 4x4 - Organic Coco Perpetual

Re: BID 5.1 Digital Dual JDL 600s - 4x4 - Blue Planet Nutrients - Organic Coco Perpet

,im not happy with the way supercropping is working for me in particular in flower, i have actually always prefered the gentler approach of lst bonsai and screen,less if any slow down when done alone, be a while before i supercrop again unless its an emergency

Hey bid, looking very nice, finally caught up and made it here.
I'm with you on the supercropping - I've done it a fair bit now and I'm getting the impression it hinders rather than helps. Good in an emergency when height's an issue, but I'm not that keen on it now either.

Re: BID 5.1 Digital Dual JDL 600s - 4x4 - Blue Planet Nutrients - Organic Coco Perpet

Hey bid, looking very nice, finally caught up and made it here.
I'm with you on the supercropping - I've done it a fair bit now and I'm getting the impression it hinders rather than helps. Good in an emergency when height's an issue, but I'm not that keen on it now either.

i have seen it work well for other growers but for me not so much i much prefer LST, topping, with those i can shape and create what ever i need the plant to do and recovery time seems much better,i have had plants never fully recover from supercropping, i figure i dont need to injure them with lst to get what i want so why do it? i have no plans to do sc again, glad your here , i have been busy building hanging doors and building walls in my typical cripple with power tools resting every ten min fashion, making sure my grow is 100% in compliance just stuff i been meaning to do, i finally did lol,
g-night all my 420 fam:Namaste:

Cruisin by to say hi old friend...Big brother is on his own again and home by himself...if he decides to make it is his decision..Got buds all over my outdoor girls! I will try some time this next month to get up and see you two...:Namaste:

I agree; it's been really noticeable on my current grow - I supercropped a couple of tops that were shooting ahead of the others to keep the canopy even. From being solid growth outstripping everything else, after sc everything else overtook them massively and they became weak secondary growth under the canopy that I ended up cutting out a few weeks later. I think it's an as needed technique if you have major height issues, rather than something that benefits growth/development.

Always good to get all the stuff done you've been meaning to do for ages, and DIY stuff's particularly satisfying. One of the nicest things is sitting at the end of the day looking at everything you did. Hanging doors is always a bit of a ball ache though!

Cruisin by to say hi old friend...Big brother is on his own again and home by himself...if he decides to make it is his decision..Got buds all over my outdoor girls! I will try some time this next month to get up and see you two...:Namaste:
excellent i should have at least a taste of gdp ready, ,you gonna be in your new supafly ryde?

I agree; it's been really noticeable on my current grow - I supercropped a couple of tops that were shooting ahead of the others to keep the canopy even. From being solid growth outstripping everything else, after sc everything else overtook them massively and they became weak secondary growth under the canopy that I ended up cutting out a few weeks later. I think it's an as needed technique if you have major height issues, rather than something that benefits growth/development.

Always good to get all the stuff done you've been meaning to do for ages, and DIY stuff's particularly satisfying. One of the nicest things is sitting at the end of the day looking at everything you did. Hanging doors is always a bit of a ball ache though!
it seems to work much better in hydro with regular nutes, but thats no guarantee either,,i find i can control height issues better with lst its adjustable and somewhat reversible and topping is another favorite of mine,
yeah it felt good to finish a semi big project,we literally have hundreds of home projects to do this summer,but being able to lock and secure the garden was a biggie, its not a pretty job i used what was laying around the property but it works and the door closes and latches perfectly (i have hung many doors i was a matainance man at a large hotel chain for 2yrs)i have all the right tools and a system so its old hat to me:thumb:,

excellent i should have at least a taste of gdp ready, ,you gonna be in your new supafly ryde?
Hoping to get her re-wired this week depending on what curves get thrown at me by my big brother..The plan is to get up early and work before the heat really sets in. :cheesygrinsmiley: I do want to cruise it this Summer...lots! :slide:

Hey bid, if the ph was correct on soil and water, what would you start looking at?, I know my water is hard, but I haven't had any issues.....My physical condition dosen't allow for packin around a bunch of water....LOL....or my finances.....I don't know anyone locally using ro water, could that be a problem with those nutes? I might be willing to trade those nutes for some soil........

Hoping to get her re-wired this week depending on what curves get thrown at me by my big brother..The plan is to get up early and work before the heat really sets in. :cheesygrinsmiley: I do want to cruise it this Summer...lots! :slide:
sounds fun sseems everybody is just busy busy everywhere i look i see shit to do, literally every w-h-e-r-e!!! well except spiffy shes perfect no need to fix anything on her, (and im going to omit the trashy lewd remark about tweaking stuff under her hood)
hopefully your brother will be so happy to be home he is a good boi and hab had a positive effect on him!! no not "hopefully" im sure thats how it will be im just gonna be 100% positive there!! :thumb:

Hey bid, if the ph was correct on soil and water, what would you start looking at?, I know my water is hard, but I haven't had any issues.....My physical condition dosen't allow for packin around a bunch of water....LOL....or my finances.....I don't know anyone locally using ro water, could that be a problem with those nutes? I might be willing to trade those nutes for some soil........
im not sure there bud , if all tests are in the green zone i would be wondering about my ph meter, i have 4 ways to test ph so i "know" my reading is right, i always do an enviro check,pests,disease, etc, i had a problem a while back that was making me nuts i was having die off rapid, yellowing and necrosis overnight every test was good ,then i was sitting there watching my blueberry gums die before my eyes, i looked down at the tea bucket water fresh and still and i noticed "oil rainbows" on the surface then i noticed the lower 1/3rd of the 5 gal homie bucket was discolored upon close examination i discovered the plastic was deteriorating evidently releasing toxic thalytes or bpa or something oily, so i swapped out for a new one and after a few days things got better, so my guess these was something toxic to plants was leeching into my tea, now i get a new bucket everytime it starts changing color, ultimately i am going to get some food grade plastic or better yet a couple glass 5 -7 gal carboys (used for beer brewing) hmm i just remembered i have a 5 gallon fish tank, perhaps i should use that,
as far as i know using ro water should not be a problem ,but if you do see a calmag type issue its good to add a little calmag, i always use a little garden lime the stuff from homie d, and i use tap water, im growing in coco so there are some specifics for use, i dont know if your in soil or coco, if soil what brand? as for trade i dont really have any soil beyond some "earth gro" cheapo from homie d, i use for veggies outside, , are you using root magic or some other form of mykos, to break down the organic nutes? they will not perform well without them,
i think if you started a few plants out following the bpn schedule in a good quality soil or coco, you would be pretty happy with the results, thats when i really saw how good they are was a fresh start new beans/clones,soil,follow the plan, and a little communication with corey and i was a happy camper, hope that helps and you get it all ironed out:thumb:

sounds fun sseems everybody is just busy busy everywhere i look i see shit to do, literally every w-h-e-r-e!!! well except spiffy shes perfect no need to fix anything on her, (and im going to omit the trashy lewd remark about tweaking stuff under her hood)
hopefully your brother will be so happy to be home he is a good boi and hab had a positive effect on him!! no not "hopefully" im sure thats how it will be im just gonna be 100% positive there!! :thumb:

im not sure there bud , if all tests are in the green zone i would be wondering about my ph meter, i have 4 ways to test ph so i "know" my reading is right, i always do an enviro check,pests,disease, etc, i had a problem a while back that was making me nuts i was having die off rapid, yellowing and necrosis overnight every test was good ,then i was sitting there watching my blueberry gums die before my eyes, i looked down at the tea bucket water fresh and still and i noticed "oil rainbows" on the surface then i noticed the lower 1/3rd of the 5 gal homie bucket was discolored upon close examination i discovered the plastic was deteriorating evidently releasing toxic thalytes or bpa or something oily, so i swapped out for a new one and after a few days things got better, so my guess these was something toxic to plants was leeching into my tea, now i get a new bucket everytime it starts changing color, ultimately i am going to get some food grade plastic or better yet a couple glass 5 -7 gal carboys (used for beer brewing) hmm i just remembered i have a 5 gallon fish tank, perhaps i should use that,
as far as i know using ro water should not be a problem ,but if you do see a calmag type issue its good to add a little calmag, i always use a little garden lime the stuff from homie d, and i use tap water, im growing in coco so there are some specifics for use, i dont know if your in soil or coco, if soil what brand? as for trade i dont really have any soil beyond some "earth gro" cheapo from homie d, i use for veggies outside, , are you using root magic or some other form of mykos, to break down the organic nutes? they will not perform well without them,
i think if you started a few plants out following the bpn schedule in a good quality soil or coco, you would be pretty happy with the results, thats when i really saw how good they are was a fresh start new beans/clones,soil,follow the plan, and a little communication with corey and i was a happy camper, hope that helps and you get it all ironed out:thumb:

I have multiple ways to check Ph also, All my nutes have living cultures in them, and the soil is packed with them from the mfgr. I use mostly dr earth products......soil....nutes....the only brand I ever found with a guarantee. The plants are still losing the leaves that were originally affected...........Plants are doing ok, but I'm sure I lost some time and yield.............I have been adding the liquid blue to some of the pots with no adverse effects, I also have a plant that I started on the new sns nutes.....IT IS LOVELY!, not a blemish so far! I'm just hopin ta get this one done as gracefully as possible and I'm goin to less plants in bigger pots. It takes a while to find the right combination between pot size, space limitations, optimal lighting configuration.............I have optimal environment in all my spaces.....I got luck as heck on that one.

i dont know if losing some leaves will affect yeild i mean i do alot of defol and there are growers that strip heavily and proven time and again yeild can be increased when done right, bassman is a prime example, so unless the whole plant was affected i doubt youll see any major loss, some loss is natural and to be expected plants use up leaves and kill them off on their own, i have never used dr earth stuff, i dont know how they can make a guarantee, with gardening there are so many varibles that have nothing to do with soil and nutes, have you ever tried to get a reimbursment?, im sure even dr earth stuff can be used wrong, not saying that you have or even meaning to play devils advocate here, im just wondering how would that even work, would you send them a box of dead plants and soil? lol seems crazy to me, but im just thinking out loud here, i dont worry about leaf loss unless its massive 1/3rd the plant or so, i just had a skunk11 go south on me i just check it off to a glitch on my part most likely, anyway your plants look good i wouldnt worry:thumb:

so somtimes i wonder if im actually any good at this, ya'll remember the crappy skunk#11,purple power and recent blue dream harvest that was dismal, well my big gdp mama is doing the same thing (all the fan leaves are turning crispy, no yellowing but you touch them and they turn to dust, still green the sk11 did get pale, but i figgered that was just an isolated incident but now my big beauty is going to hell fast!, so what i know is this its in the same coco mix as the others that had probs, i tested the ph of the nutes about to go in....8.9!! i fixed to 5.8 but i know that kills off the mykos, the runoff from that was 7.2 ,so how do you do organics if you have to do massive ph adjustments? 8.9 is insane even in soil! the ppms were right at 900 and 200 of that is that tap, so im left with a hard choice, and this is what i have decided to do for now, im switching back to the bpn 3 part elite with all the extra goodies to follow the "high yeild system" this way i can stay on top of ph, this is a step backwards to me, and depressing, but i gotta do what i know works, i had great results with this system before in coco, and i know it will produce big yeild and tasty meds, i have been avoiding sharing this news for several days now while i tried to find another resolution, honestly i feel embarassed and like ive let you guys down that follow for the organics part of it, but it is what it is,
the good news is im seeing good things in both tents since switching back, the plants are growing faster,are greener, and reaching up to the lights ,the had been growing slow,and just kind of sitting there, so now im questioning organics in coco, im going to put a plant in soil and feed organics as a test/control subject, i can compare the results of growth,yeild,taste potency etc, so anyone wondering why i have not been as posty as normal ,there you go been working out a dilema,that and doing some construction, oh and im yet again considering another hydro ,,a gdp most likely bubble bucket, sub pump and at least 2 airstones, i found a recipe to keep the res clean with miniscule amounts of bleach but thats just a thought right now, i have decided to go with less and larger plants for sure tho, im thinking 5 gallon pots minium ans lots of topping and lst, and only having 4-5 flowering, having lots of little plants is just more work,small harvests, and goes against the plant count rules this way i can have a couple for breeding, and not be pushing it all the time, lots of thinking going on lol:thumb:

man that sounds like salt lock out to me but I aint knowbody:) hope you get it figured out so I know what to look for brother.

I was just reading that doc bud was talking if you flush periodically with yucca extract(mixed with enough water lol) that it will reduce salt build up but thats all I got:)

just dont know where the salt comes from in organic nutes and low ppms, but who knows, she looks better after giving her some salt nutes go figg
just reading that salts can accumulate in manure and other natural ferts. but you are one of my growing heroes so I trust that you know what you are doing. just some input:)

I use mostly dr earth products......soil....nutes....the only brand I ever found with a guarantee.

All my AN nutes and supplements are guarenteed.
image1637.jpg

i dont know if losing some leaves will affect yeild i mean i do alot of defol and there are growers that strip heavily and proven time and again yeild can be increased when done right, bassman is a prime example, so unless the whole plant was affected i doubt youll see any major loss, some loss is natural and to be expected plants use up leaves and kill them off on their own, i have never used dr earth stuff, i dont know how they can make a guarantee, with gardening there are so many varibles that have nothing to do with soil and nutes, have you ever tried to get a reimbursment?, im sure even dr earth stuff can be used wrong, not saying that you have or even meaning to play devils advocate here, im just wondering how would that even work, would you send them a box of dead plants and soil? lol seems crazy to me, but im just thinking out loud here, i dont worry about leaf loss unless its massive 1/3rd the plant or so, i just had a skunk11 go south on me i just check it off to a glitch on my part most likely, anyway your plants look good i wouldnt worry:thumb:

IMHO, Milo is the real deal!, I never had any complaints to ask for the guarantee........if the soil is good, there's no way unless you try to grow in a hurricane or in the dark that you won't succeed.....the products make the soil good, and the soil is good to start with . Milo was the first mfgr to innoculate soil with life. I checked it all out pretty good, and it's worked. The only messed up thing in the equation is me!.....LOL

took som pics last night i will post today,i think today is a be lazy and heal day, other than needing to water, my knee is really bad after last week and the weekend being so busy , im thinking ill laze about & play video gamez all day,drink coffee and get caught up on journals,
I KNOW the feeling...gonna try to not do much of anything after yesterday's fiasco. I will be lucky to do so...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom