Carestaker's - Hybrid LED / HPS Powered 4x4 - Various Strains

happy new year to you and your loved ones CS :)

you know im never unsubscribing off my favourite threads even when they are complete

that way its easier for me to find them and reminisce :laughtwo:

Knock, knock. :wood:

Hey there pal. Just dropping by to thank you for your recommendation and info that you had passed along regarding the HSO Amherst Sour D. I'm sure glad that I heeded your advise and included this one in my current run.
She's been a very vigorous and healthy plant since day one and it's looking like she's going to be a real winner. Thanks again!
:Namaste::thanks:

Knock, knock. :wood:

Hey there pal. Just dropping by to thank you for your recommendation and info that you had passed along regarding the HSO Amherst Sour D. I'm sure glad that I heeded your advise and included this one in my current run.
She's been a very vigorous and healthy plant since day one and it's looking like she's going to be a real winner. Thanks again!
:Namaste::thanks:

:high-five: That's awesome Uncle C, glad she's behaving. She's a nice strong girl. I've been smoking her for about 6 months, and she's still treating me right. I have 3 more beans of her, so I'll grow her again, but I've just lucked into some SSSDH, which I'm hoping will as good or better. The next run is looking to be a Chemfest....dawgs and dawgs fur daze. I can't wait to have my home girls lined up and pretty. Your tent is looking bomb brother - real tight. :Namaste:
:passitleft: High Care....:circle-of-love:

High D! :circle-of-love:

I saved a little Purple Train Wreck ...:passitleft:

Mine didn't come out that well, and I think she grew some balls and dropped a little pollen, so I ended up with about 30 or so seeds. Those new crosses from the ASD and PTW are being sampled now, and they are legit strong. Wonder if I got a recessive gene or what - but the testers are quite good. If not for your love for the strain, I probably wouldn't have given them to a friend to grow out. Although, I hear you are becoming more of a sativa lover....ahaha, welcome to the bright side of things! :circle-of-love:

:high-five: That's awesome Uncle C, glad she's behaving. She's a nice strong girl. I've been smoking her for about 6 months, and she's still treating me right. I have 3 more beans of her, so I'll grow her again, but I've just lucked into some SSSDH, which I'm hoping will as good or better. The next run is looking to be a Chemfest....dawgs and dawgs fur daze. I can't wait to have my home girls lined up and pretty. Your tent is looking bomb brother - real tight. :Namaste:

That's one helluva' strain selection brother. I'll definitely be looking forward to peeking over the fence with this upcoming grow.
:nomo:

Hello CareStaker!

Great strain choices yourself my friend. I'm super happy I found you're journal. Pulling up my lazy boy :cheer:

Happy to have you here Dr. I'm hoping that if I'm able to give them the attention they deserve, and don't muck anything up, that it will be worth the price of admission. :)

Getting caught up w/ everyone.
You got some nice strains in the wind!

Happy for the drive by Cajun, great to see you here. You got some great stuff going on yourself! Peace brother. :Namaste:

That's one helluva' strain selection brother. I'll definitely be looking forward to peeking over the fence with this upcoming grow.
:nomo:

Thank Unc! I'll try to make it worth the 'peek', and I look forward seeing what I can do with them. :Namaste:

:thanks: You guys are way too kind, thank you. :Namaste: I anticipate that I can be up and running at some point in the nearer future. I'll send an invite out to my friends list, and anyone that was so kind as to request one.

Renovations to my building are taking longer than expected, and I might be getting a new downstairs neighbor, so I'm working out the logistics, especially with all the stink I'm expecting from the selected strains. :surf:

---
The good news is that here's a small garden that I help out with, which I call the farfar garden, and some strains have been started there. The 707 Truth, ECSDH, ASD, are sprouted. The Skywalker Kush, sadly didn't germ.

I'm thinking of running five in a journal, here or in a new one, with the understanding that one might not make it. I think I prefer 4 to a light, but like variety.

Chemfest 2016

Bubba's Gift from fem seed. (Bubba Kush X God's Gift)

SSSDH from fem seed. (Super Silver Haze X ECSD) x (Super Silver Haze X ECSD)

SSD from fem seed. (Strawberry Cough x ECSD)

ECSDH cutting from fem seed. (ECSD x SSSDH)

707-Truth cutting from fem seed. (707 Headband x The Truth)

My take on Sour Diesel. It's an east coast strain. If it's got the DNL in it, it's the original Sour D, or East Coast Sour Diesel. They are synonymous. There were some versions happening out west, but they are not the same. I don't know whether they came first, or last, but it really doesn't matter. The DNL genes are what make the plant different, and you'll certainly know that you've got something special, if you ever get it. Most websites, like s'finder, show the DNL parent, and after Sour Diesel, they add aka ECSD. Crosses like the Amherst Sour D I just ran, are more like original Diesel, or NYCD - totally different, but still real nice.

My take Chem genetics. To me they are all worth the grow, if you have a good environment, and can manage them. They aren't the easiest to grow in small spaces, or with certain styles, but they almost always turn out to be some fine smoke. Another issue, is that Chem seem predisposed to producing male primordial stamens (bananas), and they aren't usually sterile. I have yet to have one full on hermie on me, but most of the crosses I've run, develop a few sets of bananas around the lower 1/2 to 1/3 of the plant early on, which hide between the flower and stem, where the branch and petiole meet at the stalk. They will also throw bananas on the tops, when they are about ripe. If stressed, I would assume that other more intersexed traits would emerge. Oh, and some can take 12/13 weeks or so to flower - so almost 2 runs of an Afghani.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement. :green_heart:
Can't wait to have some nice green girls going, so I can share them with y'all. :cheer::volcano-smiley::Namaste:

ditto what my friend bright said

cant wait for the CS comeback :)

You should consider Big Buddha Sour Chiesel bud. I've never grown sour diesel, but the smell described is exactly what I got with the sour chiesel. Now that it has cured a bit, it smells almost like orange sherbert. It is the best smelling strain I've ever had. A sweet citrus, sour smell. I can't smell any cheese in it. Just the sour candy smell. I'm not sure how many phenos this strain will produce, but from one seed I got a plant that is almost all sour diesel, but it is a medium sized plant that is a breeze to grow.

You should consider Big Buddha Sour Chiesel bud. I've never grown sour diesel, but the smell described is exactly what I got with the sour chiesel. Now that it has cured a bit, it smells almost like orange sherbert. It is the best smelling strain I've ever had. A sweet citrus, sour smell. I can't smell any cheese in it. Just the sour candy smell. I'm not sure how many phenos this strain will produce, but from one seed I got a plant that is almost all sour diesel, but it is a medium sized plant that is a breeze to grow.

:thanks:Blaze. I like the Buddah, I'll check it out. :high-five: I'll need some easy girls after this next run of sour brats. :volcano-smiley:

Once you chase that smell, it's all over man. You'll be Chem this, and Chem that. Sooner or later you'll end up with a whole tent full of different Chems. :)

I know them feels bro! Hoping my freebie Superb OG expresses itself heavily on the chem side.

When we getting this started again? I'm excited to see those strains.

Me too brother, me too. This is the longest break I've had in a while. You know the feels. Soon as it's safe. Hopefully within 2 weeks. I'll post a link here, and will send you and invite. :Namaste::high-five:

Same here

Thanks B, I'm hoping my run comes out as good as your last one. :Namaste: I'm excited to see your SuperbOG too. It certainly aligns with my Chem and Kush diet of late. :) If she stinks like Skunk in early-mid Veg, she's probably leaning Chem. Or, if you smell limes/diesel over the kushy fruitberry funk. I'd be fine with a true hybrid of the two too, as that Hindu is has a lot of UP to her too. Should be an awesome strain. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom