CascadianDank's Redemption

I did the same thing in my blackout kush #2 journal because I had bud rot. I didn't notice a change in flavor, but my buds were a little darker than before they were dipped. they got dark after the second washing I did (I washed twice because that white mold came back)

Thanks Shotta. I try to be as thorough as I can and explain what Im doing in hopes that future 420 subscribers can learn from my mistakes and from the things I actually get right. I have only been growing 4 years now and the first 3 were in Hempys with GH 3 part so I consider myself a newb still and Im tryin to learn as I go. Things can only get better as I learn more from people like yourself and the others who have helped me along the way

OK so DAY 2 of Harvest is done.
Yesterday the wife and I enjoyed some fresh air and cold KONA beer while harvesting the 2 unknown Purples and BD2 out by the garden.

According to Trichs they probably coulda went longer but Im worried about loss to Bud Rot that seems to be poppin up more every day. This is my first time harvesting by Trichs so I could be off but theres a little amber and mostly cloudy with a little clear so I think theyre good. Theyre sticky as f*ck too.

So I wasnt impressed with the 2 Purps cuz one was super frosty but tiny buds and the other supposedly Tangerine Dream was bigger buds but not very frosty at all or so I thought. After the wife trimmed them both up I was surprised that they were both decent sized and the TD was actually frostier than I thought but far from what Id like it to have been.

Blue Dream 2 was/is the frostiest plant I have personally seen or trimmed. I had to clean my trimmers 4 times for 1 plant. I have a ball of scissor hash that filled my pipe and Ill be smokin on it all day after half of yesterday too and it tastes sooooo sweet.

Today we will be harvesting Blue Dream 1 which is also very frosty but BD2 might have it beat in that department. BD1 is the biggest plant I have grow so far and Im very proud of it so I will be entering her as my first ever Plant of the Month entry.

Enough yappin lets look at some pics

First up is BD2 before any choppin
DSCF83372.JPG
DSCF83381.JPG
DSCF83391.JPG
DSCF83401.JPG
DSCF8341.JPG

Unknown Purp strain supposedly Tangerine Dream but I have yet to see or read anything suggesting TD to be Purple
DSCF83431.JPG
DSCF83452.JPG

Unknown Purp Strain 2 said to be Paranormal which I have yet to find any info on such a strain
DSCF83461.JPG
DSCF83471.JPG

2 Purps side by side Paranormal on left TD on right
DSCF83421.JPG

Top of BD2
DSCF83511.JPG
DSCF83531.JPG

Here are the buckets with each plants pull which I weighed by weighing an empty bucket to tare the scale then set each filled bucket on the scale for the weight. This is not the most accurate way but its what I did to get an idea of dry weights.
DSCF83591.JPG

Top bucket was the BD obviously which weighed in at 1 LB 2 OZs wet weight including stems so Im gonna guess Ill get 4 OZs maybe a little more from her
Bottom left was the so called TD that weighed in at 5 OZs wet with stems and I figure dry will be around 1.25 to 1.5 OZs

Bottom right was so called Paranormal which weighed 4.5 OZs wet with stems and I figure somewhere between 1 and 1.5 OZs from her.

Heres a shot of my trimmers before I scraped them the last time. They looked like this 3 other times too and my wife had a pair that was just as bad
DSCF8357.JPG

OK gonna make a 2nd post with the rest of the pics

congrats dude. amazing job, amazing photos! I think that plant is purple just because its starved lol. ill be flushing 2 weeks prior to harvest to try and promote color like this.

oh yeah. fuck fungus.

Congrats

Hi Cascadian, awesome gardenzz. bravo!
I have been reading your journal and the one of 300w led..I have the same model and had the same issues in flower!
Now, I am using it in the veg room and the grow is slow and seem that the "burn" of the leaves start again.I am sure it is the light. I have put some plants under a Cfl and they are doing much better (same soil/water) and the flower room under hps also. I am really disappointed with this light and I hope you do better.
I will be following your results closely with this unit.
thanks for posting this nice photos.
salu2

Hi Cascadian, awesome gardenzz. bravo!
I have been reading your journal and the one of 300w led..I have the same model and had the same issues in flower!
Now, I am using it in the veg room and the grow is slow and seem that the "burn" of the leaves start again.I am sure it is the light. I have put some plants under a Cfl and they are doing much better (same soil/water) and the flower room under hps also. I am really disappointed with this light and I hope you do better.
I will be following your results closely with this unit.
thanks for posting this nice photos.
salu2

Thank you and Welcome.
I really believe most of my issues were due to over feeding but thats interesting that you have the same issues. Im gonna give the light another shot in a closet in my flower room soon and see what I can get.

Theres a member here by the name of Bassman who used the 600W unit, have you seen his journal. I believe it was his first one and he had good results using it.. I bought mine because it was from a sponsor here but they are no longer and their website is gone also.

If you like LED and need a new panel that seems to work great and is super cheap check out our new sponsor TopLED. There are a few journals going right now with a few of their models by some great growers you might wanna check out too.

Thank you and Welcome.
I really believe most of my issues were due to over feeding but thats interesting that you have the same issues. Im gonna give the light another shot in a closet in my flower room soon and see what I can get.

Theres a member here by the name of Bassman who used the 600W unit, have you seen his journal. I believe it was his first one and he had good results using it.. I bought mine because it was from a sponsor here but they are no longer and their website is gone also.

If you like LED and need a new panel that seems to work great and is super cheap check out our new sponsor TopLED. There are a few journals going right now with a few of their models by some great growers you might wanna check out too.

yes, bassman had good results with the unit (if I remember, the unit is the bloom spectrum) in the dwc setup. the company disappear and I believe our units are still under warranty..:hmmmm:

what is the distance you keep the light from your babies? what are your temp in your led room?
sorry to bother you but, as you have the same unit and almost same setup as mine at the moment vegetating, we can compare and see what happen :blalol:

I ve been checking a lot at topled (jon with the cob, Bid with the Mars II..etc...) they are very tempting. cola quote me good price for the mars 900 but shipping here from China cost almost an another light...I am in negotiation with wife to break the bank lol...(Summer is coming here very soon and I don't want the same results I had last year with the gsl300)...
salu2
:Namaste:

Congrats Canna, I got a chuckle when I read that you went and bought a new TV and computer after Harvest. I plan on doing something similar.:) Its good to reward yourself after the 3-4 months of work, and it is work. Good work that we all enjoy, but still work.:ciao:

yes, bassman had good results with the unit (if I remember, the unit is the bloom spectrum) in the dwc setup. the company disappear and I believe our units are still under warranty..:hmmmm:

what is the distance you keep the light from your babies? what are your temp in your led room?
sorry to bother you but, as you have the same unit and almost same setup as mine at the moment vegetating, we can compare and see what happen :blalol:

I ve been checking a lot at topled (jon with the cob, Bid with the Mars II..etc...) they are very tempting. cola quote me good price for the mars 900 but shipping here from China cost almost an another light...I am in negotiation with wife to break the bank lol...(Summer is coming here very soon and I don't want the same results I had last year with the gsl300)...
salu2
:Namaste:

NO bother at all I just wish I could help you more with your issues but I dont know anything about LED lights and the only reason I bought mine was because I lived in an RV and theres was no way I could have kept temps in check from an HID light. I chose the LED because they were a sponsor and I figured to be a sponsor here you had to be a legit company with good Customer Service and a great product. I was disappointed honestly. I dont blame 420 in any way nor do I mean any disrespect but I feel they should do a better job lookin into their prospective sponsors, especially when it comes to a product with such a high price tag. I guess I just figured them being a sponsor was a kind of security blanket and I didnt need to fear being screwed over because of it since we are encouraged to promote sponsors and all.

I never measured the distance of the light and dont remember how it was set up in the RV but Im sure I had it too close then and this time I had it 3 feet or more above the plants. The node spacing was so tight I didnt even know they were growing at all til I defoliated and saw 6 or 8 little shoots all within a couple inches. I think theres a pic in this journal of that. I just got tired of lookin at plants that small and changed over to my 400W MH which got them growin and now Im running out of room which is why Im gonna set up a couple plants in the closet under the LED to flower.

As far as temps go, again I dont remember what they were in the RV and this time I didnt have a thermometer in that tent while it was on. One reason was I had the A/C on and the house stayed between 65 and 75 depending on time of day and the other was that my thermmeter was in the flower tent because that tent to me was more important than the veg tent with an LED that dont give off alot of heat like the 1K Watt HPS.

I really want this light to work for me and thats why I have to give it a shot in flower. I might do a separate journal just for that project in the near future but I will be starting a new one soon once I get my new seeds goin so stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom