Catman's I Hate Winter LED Auto Grow

Double-digit negative wind-chill predicted for Friday. As it stands today the wind-chill is 3. Closet humidity goes way too low with the heating vent uncovered in the office where the closet is. Temp falls too low during lights out with the vent covered.

Opting for better RH and crossing my fingers the Ladies don't object to the cold.

Saw pre-flowers on both plants last night. First nutes and training to come...

Long day at work today - come home in the dark - Starting to really hate my job LOL and it's not just winter

:peace:

Ello ello, Vaped crusader !!!!!

Great start to ya new journal my friend :high-five:

If that pineapple express gets anywhere near the pineapple i get, your in for a treat matey...

Good luck with the temps

:high-five:

Thanks Budworshipper and Welcome :cheer:

I have no idea about these plants - this Pineapple Express looks nothing like photos I've seen of the plant (??) We'll just have to wait and see what she's like at the end. Hopefully these Ladies will make it through flowering! As it stands I have to keep choosing optimal RH or optimal Temp. I've been going back and forth with it.

Hope to see another grow from you my friend - looks like your cabinet treated you well last time! :high-five:

LOL not today welshman not today! Ice covered snow - temp 18 windchill 7 - the kids get a 2 hour delay from school, so that could be a bonus!

:cheesygrinsmiley:

i hope the weather starts picking up for you buddy.....i must admit i dont even monitor the rh in my tent but i know a lot off people do...i dont as my space is small and if there was a problem with it i have no room to put something in to adjust it....

i hope the weather starts picking up for you buddy.....i must admit i dont even monitor the rh in my tent but i know a lot off people do...i dont as my space is small and if there was a problem with it i have no room to put something in to adjust it....

Yep. Pretty much the same here. I don't have the space or money for an Excellent set up. I cut up and used an old telephone cord to train down the ladies.

The thermometer I got at Wally World has RH on it as it came anyway. This RH/Temp thing only has me all jacked up because the heating vent is right next to the closet so it just dries the whole thing out. But if I cover the vent the temp in the closet gets to low for cannabis LOL

I started down this whole road knowing that the investment would be the lights. Otherwise the plants are gonna need to manage the best they can! Well, and also put up with me trying to take care of them LOL

Yep. Pretty much the same here. I don't have the space or money for an Excellent set up. I cut up and used an old telephone cord to train down the ladies.

The thermometer I got at Wally World has RH on it as it came anyway. This RH/Temp thing only has me all jacked up because the heating vent is right next to the closet so it just dries the whole thing out. But if I cover the vent the temp in the closet gets to low for cannabis LOL

I started down this whole road knowing that the investment would be the lights. Otherwise the plants are gonna need to manage the best they can! Well, and also put up with me trying to take care of them LOL

sometimes less is more mate...im sure you will have some lovley ladies mate...

Looks like you have a couple of pretty girls there, Catman!! I have similar concerns with my closet being on an outside wall and the floor vent within a few feet. I don't have the outside temp concerns though. In fact, we haven't really had a winter to speak of out here. I have a little Harlequin seedling going from our silver project and you've inspired me! Think I'll drop an auto today. Stay warm Eeyore!! Glad you're journaling again! :green_heart:

I think a hygrometer is like 15-20 bucks unless im mistaken its been awhile since I bought mine it doesn't have to be anything fancy
and I use old leftover house wiring that's insulated to tie stuff down or weigh it down even to hold it up

Looks like you have a couple of pretty girls there, Catman!! I have similar concerns with my closet being on an outside wall and the floor vent within a few feet. I don't have the outside temp concerns though. In fact, we haven't really had a winter to speak of out here. I have a little Harlequin seedling going from our silver project and you've inspired me! Think I'll drop an auto today. Stay warm Eeyore!! Glad you're journaling again! :green_heart:

:cheer: Thanks and Welcome Ms Magic :cheer: Good to see you :cheer:

I would love to live where "we haven't really had a winter to speak of" LOL :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good luck with your Harlequin :yummy: I hear that's a really, really useful strain. Glad to be an inspiration for an auto run. Autos are weird in that you never know if you're gonna get something screwy or good. But they're fun because they just shoot up and go.

I have one photoperiod freebie I'm looking forward to planting, I guess I want to wait until I move to pop it, but that may not be for a while (???)

Hope your grows stay Green and Good Ms Magic!

I think a hygrometer is like 15-20 bucks unless im mistaken its been awhile since I bought mine it doesn't have to be anything fancy
and I use old leftover house wiring that's insulated to tie stuff down or weigh it down even to hold it up

Haha cayman. It's what measures your room RH

P_C_20_.jpg

Yeah Chronic and Am4zin - I didn't know what it was called, but I got this back on my first grow. I am trying to keep the closet at least above 50% RH during veg. If I keep the heating vent next to the closet open it drops down as you can see on the reading. I think during flower the RH can be lower.

In the past and at the beginning of this grow I added stuff like a wet towel, containers of water, etc - but that didn't raise the RH enough to warrant the work involved IMHO

Well, like I said though - I'm running the seeds last on my list from my last order figuring I'll do what I can for them this winter, but my best may not be up to what's needed

It's 10 degrees out this morning F*ck winter - Just sayin' :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Im all subbed in. Got my blanket and my cup of cocoa and watching with interest. :) Your lil darlins look great.

Back
Top Bottom