Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With High Brix

Another question that i'm sure was probably already asked. (sorry!)

Do you let your bud dry before picking the seeds out? And around how long should you let the seed sit before you can germinate?
We have waited anywhere from 1 week to a month with success. Usually around 2 - 3 weeks is best but if you have a bunch of new seeds, drop em whenever you are ready lol.

Do you let your bud dry before picking the seeds out? And around how long should you let the seed sit before you can germinate?

They may germinate better if they go through a cold/dry spell,...2-3weeks. :)

if mature and ripe, they will usually protrude..

I planted a seed just a couple days after it dropped out of a freshly dried bud and it sprouted within 24 hours.

:thumb:

I agree with the posts above, but I usually prefer to let them get a little dry before I separate the seeds. Hell I still have a few pint jars with seeded buds in the refrigerator from 2 years ago that I was simply too lazy to separate.

I germinated seeds within a week of harvest with good success. It really depends on the maturity of the seed IMO.

Just a suggestion that made removing the seeds fairly easy for me. I took a flat surface with a lip on it on 2 corners at least. (I used a long standing mirror). Since I didn't care about maintaining the consistancy of the buds, as my goal was to just get the seeds and pretty much toss the shake as it contained too many non mature white seeds to make smoking it any fun. (maybe an edible would have worked) :)

Anyhow all I did was I raised 1 side of the mirror up, so it sat on about a 5 degree angle towards me, maybe 10 degrees at the most. After that I was able to just roll the buds in my fingers breaking them up and the seeds would drop and roll to the bottom of the mirror, where the plant material would just stay directly below my fingers. This worked quite well for quickly removing the mature seeds and once I had a pile of ground up biomass on the mirror I would just stir it around with my hand/fingers and the mature seeds would roll out of it, the immature ones would stay with the shake.

Worked pretty well for me and I used dried buds, very dry made it easy to crumble them into tiny bits.

I would say this method probably collected a good 70% of the mature seeds and only about 30% of them I had to pull from the biomass.

Just a suggestion that made removing the seeds fairly easy for me. I took a flat surface with a lip on it on 2 corners at least. (I used a long standing mirror). Since I didn't care about maintaining the consistancy of the buds, as my goal was to just get the seeds and pretty much toss the shake as it contained too many non mature white seeds to make smoking it any fun. (maybe an edible would have worked) :)

Anyhow all I did was I raised 1 side of the mirror up, so it sat on about a 5 degree angle towards me, maybe 10 degrees at the most. After that I was able to just roll the buds in my fingers breaking them up and the seeds would drop and roll to the bottom of the mirror, where the plant material would just stay directly below my fingers. This worked quite well for quickly removing the mature seeds and once I had a pile of ground up biomass on the mirror I would just stir it around with my hand/fingers and the mature seeds would roll out of it, the immature ones would stay with the shake.

Worked pretty well for me and I used dried buds, very dry made it easy to crumble them into tiny bits.

I would say this method probably collected a good 70% of the mature seeds and only about 30% of them I had to pull from the biomass.
Just move the crumbled up buds with a playing card and gravity does the rest. Seeds roll to the bottom. Old school way of breaking up weed to get the seeds out.

this im my Dinachem I mentioned a few pages back.

showed pods in 17days.

MG35_CD_bw_4_pods.jpg

LMAO...call me old-school, but I have a 35 year old 165g Frisbee I still use to separate my stuff. Crumble, tilt agitate with my fingers and it separates nicely. I use a business card to scoop out the plant material and a spoon to scoop the seeds.

sts or cs? how did you do it?

i used CS.
the stuff I used was 240 on the bottle and I mixed it 50/50
and started to spray the day I transplanted and flipped 12/12.

Just move the crumbled up buds with a playing card and gravity does the rest. Seeds roll to the bottom. Old school way of breaking up weed to get the seeds out.

Just don't use your Drivers license ;) I've heard stories of folks making that mistake :rofl:

lol It looks like I did by accident what you guys are trying to do. Its my second grow and 5 weeks into flower I discovered my ac was blowing directly on one of my g13/haze girls in the back of the tent and she had popped nanners all over the back branches.I put her in the veg tent and checked the rest plenty of seed pods on the 3 g13s next to her but no nanners.and a few pods on the 2 ww .
So I thought I may as well let them go the distance and hope for the best you know ,well I am in wee 9 of flower and the trichromes still ane not where I would like them and the buds are still fattening up anyway my questions are.
will all the seeds be female ?
what is the best way to salvage the bud left from the seeds?
Will the bud still be potent ?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom