Cultivators 7200w Build And Grow Perpetual

I have that same question....this is actually what was making me think about mediumless DWC. So How do you transplant like that?
Cult, when you clone with neoprene disks, how do you then transplant to DWC, do you do it without any meduim such as Rockwool or Root Riot? And just use clay pebbles? Sorry if you;ve already answered this. saves me hiking through pages :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Cult,

I can't stop loving your journals mate! Always top notch advice too.

I have a quiestion for you.

Currently i have a Green house Cheese grow

15 plants.

Early in seedling stage they got heavily burned by very powerful LED (light burn) and that stunted them and slowed there growth.
Majority have yellow leaves and started recovering, but i managed to EC burn them so that was a major setback.

So mainly i think i am straggling with EC i got my PH spot on and grow room too, but EC is my weak area due to my personalitly (more+better) i know its not true. Moving on

So few EC questions if you don't mind I am using Canna Aqua and my background EC does not get registered by my Bluelab EC PEN

Say you starting a grow from seed what sort of EC would you use to start them off? Possibly ML per liter? Then if things go OK how would you start upping EC on them? At the moment they about the size of your cuts, but some leaves are yellow they are not looking there best.

1) Week 1 to Week2 EC?
2) Week 2 to Week 4 EC?
3) How about if you had damaged plants and recovering from something what EC would you set it at?
Veg cycle.

Do you have some kind of rule of thumb with regards to feed? Does More EC equal better yield ? how much would i compromised if i kept the grow on low EC ?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a few of them and that is how big they are, they are starting to perk up and it looks like the new growth is Green again?
What kind of EC would you set them at? or ML per L

Thanks again

PS its a DWC grow

PPS sorry for clogging up your thread
2014-02-21_13_52_51.jpg
2014-02-21_13_52_56.jpg
2014-02-21_13_59_02.jpg
2014-02-21_14_07_09.jpg
2014-02-21_14_10_39.jpg

hey google im not sure how cult does his and im sure hell tell you when he gets back
I just split a rooting plug (like rapid rooter) open and stick it in hold it close with some toothpicks l
do this because ive tried to just stick it in the netpot and bury it with hydroton it doesn't hold itself up so well in the beginning when you still need the roots to establish itself in the netpot and bucket
it holds itself up a bit better with the rooting plug
just what I do

Thanks Croniche! That's exactly what i'll be doing next time i clone then, i'll just split the plug and cocktail stick it :) I'm looking forward to being able to see it happening using the my aerocloner!

EC is what they get their ppm measurements from
mostwonted you might wanna add some cal mag looks like you have have some mag deficiencies
maybe even nitrogen too

Happy Sativaday Cult :thumb:

E.C is "electrical conductivity".....all nutes are salt based and therefore "conductive". So meters read in PPM (Parts Per Million) or EC. In effect it's how much nutes are in your water :) Hope that helps?

EC is what they get their ppm measurements from
mostwonted you might wanna add some cal mag looks like you have have some mag deficiencies
maybe even nitrogen too

Happy Sativaday Cult :thumb:

The reason they look like this is cos of light burn from LED I know it may look like a deficiency, but it is not. I have been foliar feeding them with Cal Mag as a precaution and that did not do anything. Nitrogen unlikely as my PH drifts from 5.6 all the way to 6 so correct PH band is used for Nitrogen which is best absorbed at 5.8 and above.

ok that was just my thoughts as none of my led light burns look like that

..lol so we have a debate! Lol....i wonder if their are picture on the webs showing the difference of each type of problem that could go wrong with the problem pointed out through the pictures

KingJohnC provided me with a couple of these. You can find links on oage 2 of my journal :) plant problem solver, nite deficiency chart, pest problem solver too

ok that was just my thoughts as none of my led light burns look like that

Hey Cronichemphog,
Yah i thought that too, but its not the case at EC 0.6 they still did not recover so i dropped it to 0.4 just in case. My PH very stable. It is an LED burn as this is my second grow first attempt they got toasted completely and i was clueless as to what it can be. But this attempt we put them in the grow room then bang after 2 days they started to deteriorate, so i thought what if its the LEDs, after changing the LEDs for less bright once they started recovering, but very slow at EC 0.5 so i thought how about if i bump it up to 0.7, so i did and this is the result they got LED burned then Nute burn as you can see from Crispy edges of the leaves. Led light burn on older plants looks like purple bleaching when it gets close to them right?

PS would you happen to have a pictures of the LED burn by any chance?

Before i open a debate on room temp water temps ect i will give a quick run down of the stats.

Room temp 22C RH 50%

Water temp is consistanly 19C never goes above.

Nut contentes

Canna A+B
Cannzym 1ml per L
Liquid Silicon 1ml per 3L
Beneficial bacteria like great white shark
Current water EC is 0.4 as of today.

Thanks

Cult if you could give an idea of how you managed your grow and EC fro seed, that would be greatly appreciated

E.C is "electrical conductivity".....all nutes are salt based and therefore "conductive". So meters read in PPM (Parts Per Million) or EC. In effect it's how much nutes are in your water :) Hope that helps?
Yes, it really helped.

The reason they look like this is cos of light burn from LED I know it may look like a deficiency, but it is not. I have been foliar feeding them with Cal Mag as a precaution and that did not do anything. Nitrogen unlikely as my PH drifts from 5.6 all the way to 6 so correct PH band is used for Nitrogen which is best absorbed at 5.8 and above.
How close is the LED panel to the plants? Could it be they're too close? I've read they don't need to be as close as other types of lighting.

Yes, it really helped.

How close is the LED panel to the plants? Could it be they're too close? I've read they don't need to be as close as other types of lighting.

I had the 600W LED lights custom built and ordered 60 degree lens, what a nob!i am! Hehe biggest mistake i could have done. Led lights where all the way UP, but that did no good.:thumb:

No, i dont smoke at all these days. Not because i train and fight but because i have a huge work load on my shoulders and i cant afford to slip or get paranoid. I miss it at times but it makes me too paranoid, i just cant do it.

Fair play I say! Doing what you need to do to get the job done! F**king inspiring actually!

Fair play with the fighting too, that's one hell of a work out! I used to box, I loved the warm up, the pads, that big bag, and i mean the big bag, not just any bag, that fuck off bag! Then i did the ligaments in my right hand and wrist (my back hand) and now training is just frustrating, knowing i cant hit anything hard haha! But I miss the boxing more than i'd miss weed, so keep it up, and keep those wrists healthy mate haha! Good way to guarantee a good night sleep too ;) keeps a healthy mind!

Back
Top Bottom