derek910

Grow Day 21

I am going to run 5 different strains and I’m going to run 4 of them in my 4x8 and 1 in a 3x3. The 4 going in the 4x8 will be Bubba's Gift, Star Doggie, Cinderella 99, and Honeysuckle. In the 3x3 will be Pineapple Chunk. The 4x8 has 2 425W Timbergrowlights 4VS, 2 tower fans on both ends, a small oscillating fan moving air in the center of the canopy, 1 small oscillating fan underneath the canopy, and 1 small stationary fan underneath the canopy. There is an 8" exhaust fan pulling the heat out and sucking in fresh air. The 3x3 has 1 600W Viraspecre LED, 1 oscillating fan for the canopy and a 6" exhaust fan to recycle the air. All the plants are in FoxFarm's Ocean Forest/Happy Frog mixture with perlite. I got a late start on this journal. Enjoy the ride and I look forward to hearing your input.

They all got transplanted in the 1 gallon fabric pots today.

Top Left - Bubba's Gift
Top Right - Star Doggie
Center - Pineapple Chunk
Bottom Left - Cinderella 99
Bottom Right - Honeysuckle

The Pineapple Chunk is actually a couple weeks older than the rest of the plants. The seeds are pretty old and I think that may be why the leaves look a little weird. Plus I left it in the solo cup a little too long too. The new space should make her happy. They all got watered in with 1 gram of MC ph'd to 6.3. I slowly watered through the original root ball and a little bit outside of that to promote horizontal root growth.

IMG-2383.jpg

heya friend,, a little light reading that might interest you,,

cheers

heya friend,, a little light reading that might interest you,,

cheers

Thanks. Hopefully I won’t have any of those issues.

Grow Day 25

So far so good. They haven't drank up the pots all the way yet, but I believe they will be dry tomorrow. Once they dry out they will get 2 grams of MC in a gallon ph'd to 6.3. I'm probably going to water the outside of the pot only to try and get those roots to chase the water and grow horizontally.

IMG-2419.jpg

Pineapple Chunk

Since PC is a little bit ahead and has already been topped. I went ahead and tied down 3 of the 4 branches that are long enough. Once my other tent is freed up in a few weeks I will move 4 of the plants in there and put a SCROG net over this one in this 3x3.

IMG-2420.jpg

Grow Day 53

I know it's been quite a while since I posted an update, but I've been pretty busy. All 5 plants have been uppotted into 3 gallon fabric pots. These will be their final home. All 5 plants have been given 3.5 grams of MC and I added 1 tsp of Cal/Mag because I'm getting what I think as a deficiency on one of the plants. A pic will be posted below

From left to right
Cinderella 99
Honeysuckle
Star Doggie

Bubba's Gift

IMG-2517.jpg

Honeysuckle

This is the plant showing the deficiency. Ya'll let me know what you think? I think it's a magnesium deficiency with the spotting on the lower leaves and there is also a few rust spots on some of the newer growth which tells me a cal deficiency. All of the other plants look healthy.

IMG-2518.jpg
IMG-2519.jpg

Pineapple Chunk

This plant is in the 3x3 all by herself. She is already showing her female preflowers. I'm going to give her one more wet/dry cycle then she is getting flipped. I put the SCROG over her today so she should fill it in good enough over the next few days and definitely will during the stretch.

IMG-2520.jpg

Trans Day 2, Grow Day 77

I went back and figured out how old the Pineapple Chunk actually is. Plus I flipped her two days ago so I'm going to track her on her schedule and the other plants on theirs. She looks happy and she seemed to like the 4 grams of MC she got on her last watering. She will get 5 on her next watering which will most likely be tomorrow morning. After the transition period is done which will be approximately 2 weeks in total the flower clock of roughly 56 days will start.

Pineapple Chunk

IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg

Grow Day 57

The 4 plants will stay in veg for about another 10 days or so. I want to let the roots grow more into the new soil before I flip them to flower. I also want to let these ladies fill in the net some more.

In order of appearance left to right

Cinderella 99
She seems to be happy and healthy. The two longest branches are barely above the net.

Honeysuckle
She is still showing some deficiency on her lower leaves, but it did improve after I upped the dosage to 4.5 grams of MC on their last watering. She is the fastest grower at this point. Going to be interesting keep an even canopy with one plant growing so much faster

Star Doggie
She is happy and healthy as well. Two of her branches are above the net and hopefully the other two will be soon.

Bubba's Gift
This lady is a slow grower, but she still looks happy and healthy. She is very bushy which is great, but I need her to fill in the net!!

IMG_0007.jpg

Trans Day 12, Grow Day 87

She done growed up a little bit! I removed a bunch of branches that weren't going to do much and removed everything below the net. I did only have 1 light in there, but since she filled out the way she did and these lights aren't very good I added another one. Got about 492W getting drawn from the wall with both of them. I haven't run anything with two of these lights in this tent so I'm curious to see if I get some better density. We'll see. She is getting 5 grams of MC right now ph'd to 6.3.

Pineapple Chunk

IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg

Trans Day 9, Grow Day 70

Flipped these ladies a few days after I flipped the PC, and they are all doing well. They filled the net in pretty well and still have some stretching left to do. They may start slowing down, but I'm pleased with what I have. I cleaned up underneath the net, but I am going to wait about another week to remove any branches that won't do anything and leaves that are blocking good bud sites. Not much to report on these other than the Bubba's Gift is growing horizontally more than vertically. I had to take her out from underneath the net and raise the stand I have her on. Now she is up above the net without falling back underneath. These are all getting 5 grams of MC ph'd to 6.3. No issues so far from any of the plants with this amount of nutes. Guess we'll see how they do around week 3 or 4 of flower. Seems to be when issues like Cal/Mag def show up for me.

Left to Right

Cinderella 99, Honeysuckle, Star Doggie, Bubba's Gift

IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg

Flower Day 15, Grow Day 101

Pineapple Chunk

She looks happy and healthy even though she has some weird discoloration on some of the leaves, but that just may be genetics. She's been on 5.5 grams of MC for about 10 days or so and she seems to be liking it. Buds are growing everyday and she is starting to push out more and more trichomes as well. Got about 40 days left on this lady give or take a few days. She seems to like the two lights as well. We'll see how the end product turns out.

IMG_0088.jpg

Flower Day 12, Grow Day 87

The large tent is looking good too. All 4 plants are healthy and happy. They are all getting 5.5 grams of MC ph'd to 6.3. They are all drinking up their 3 gallon pots in a little over 48 hours. I am going to need to rethink my fans after this grow because the plants on the ends are getting a little wind burn from being too close to the fans.

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Bubba's Gift

She is happy and healthy. Definitely a bushier plant and didn't stretch much compared to some of the others. I removed some of the branches to give the best branches room to breath. Looking forward to trying this out when she's ready. I've read on some sites that this strain is done in 6 weeks which is why she is on the end so I can remove her without compromising the SCROG. That would be nice to finish that fast, but we'll see.

IMG_0076.jpg

Star Doggie

I don't know much about this strain either and I got them because the seed bank didn't have any Green Crack when I ordered it so they offered me a couple different strains. Typically I don't pay attention to price of seeds, but these were almost $40 a piece and they offered me 6 of them for the price I would have paid for the Green Crack which was a lot less so I went with them. Everything looks good so far. I can't find much information on these and I wonder if they are close to the strain Star Dawg.

IMG_0077.jpg

Honeysuckle

I grew this strain from a freebie I got a few years ago and I liked it. I ordered some more seeds and decided to give it another go. I don't remember much from the first grow, but she's been pretty easy so far. I do remember having a lot of sex when my fiance and I smoked this the first time so yeah, there's that

IMG_0078.jpg

Cinderella 99

This will be my 4th run of this strain and I must say I like it a lot and so does everybody else. Great strain for day time and an easy strain to grow. This will be my first run with MC, but none of my other methods were any easier than MC that's for sure. Love this stuff as far as ease. We'll see how the taste, smell, and potency work out after this run.

IMG_0079.jpg

Grow Day 28

They got 2 grams of MC in a gallon of water ph'd to 6.3 on Thursday and they seem to be loving it. These plants look happy! The Pineapple Chunk seems to be recovering with the added space and all of the weird leaves are going away.

IMG-2445.jpg
IMG-2446.jpg
I’m seeing some innovation in that tent!! As many hacks I have going on in my gardens I have yet to think of the one your using lol! I use buckets but now seeing how your collecting runoff I’m digging!! Changes being made here soon thanks Derek910!!(I’m referring to that oil drain pan I seen!!) :blunt:

I’m seeing some innovation in that tent!! As many hacks I have going on in my gardens I have yet to think of the one your using lol! I use buckets but now seeing how your collecting runoff I’m digging!! Changes being made here soon thanks Derek910!!(I’m referring to that oil drain pan I seen!!) :blunt:
The oil pan is convenient under one or two plants. They hold four gallons so it takes a while before you have to empty them. I was going to have one under each plant in the large tent, but it's a lot easier to get Turkey pans in and out for emptying. They are about 20-25 bucks I believe.

Flower Day 41, Grow Day 127

Pineapple Chunk

Buds are swelling and the white hairs are starting to turn. Won't be much longer now. Smells good every time I open the tent. I decided to stop the MC because it has caused a lot of issues in late flower for my other plants. I flushed her with Sledge hammer and I have started back on the FoxFarm trio, open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching. Only nute line I haven't had problems with.

IMG_0120.jpg

Flower Day 38, Grow Day 113

The MC has caused all kinds of problems late in flower for these plants so I decided to stop it. I found hermies on the Honeysuckle a couple weeks ago so I chopped her and got rid of her. The MC is great until about mid flower then I got all all kinds of problems. I flushed all of the plants with Sledge hammer and I've decided to go back to FoxFarm nutes with these as well. It's the only line I haven't had problems with.

IMG_0116.jpg

Bubba's Gift

She just started pushing out new hairs a day or two ago. The buds are getting heavy and I've had to tie some of them up with plant yo-yos. I've read in different places that this plant is supposed to finish at 49 days, but we'll see. This plant has been the least affected by the MC, but I a few of the buds have some foxtailing. Probably from too much nitrogen. We'll see if the different nutes helps.

IMG_0117.jpg

Star Doggie

This was a beautiful plant until the nitrogen toxicity hit. Now the leaves are shiny and clawing. Since I've flushed her and added nutes with less nitrogen we'll see if that changes. There is a couple foxtails on the buds too. Very frosty though so I'm hoping she'll fill out more without the foxtailing. We'll see

IMG_0118.jpg

Cinderella 99

She is pushing out new hairs as well. This is another strain that I've read where she is supposed to be done in 50 days. I don't see her being finished that soon, but we'll see.

IMG_0119.jpg

The oil pan is convenient under one or two plants. They hold four gallons so it takes a while before you have to empty them. I was going to have one under each plant in the large tent, but it's a lot easier to get Turkey pans in and out for emptying. They are about 20-25 bucks I believe.
Nice Work Brother! Beautiful bit of engineering there! Gorgeous Plants! Love the Variety! Good Luck on your grow!

Back
Top Bottom