Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

Here's what I've noticed having these two beasts of LED's over a 3x6 tray:

The plants are exhibiting outdoor like characteristics. The leaves are much thicker, resin is more dense, buds are heavier (by far) than at any other time I've grown this strain, and the buds have a bit more leaf than usual---typical for outdoor plants.

Triches are still all clear....we're at 10 weeks. I normally chop these at 12 weeks, which seems about right. I'm gonna just state it because I know it's true:

These two Platinum P1200's are going to out yield 2 1000 Watt HPS that used to light this tray. I don't mean they'll out perform as in grams per watt.....which they will.....I mean I'm going to get more total yield from these lights than I ever did with 2000 watts of HPS over the same tray, growing the same plants. Oh, and that's at about half the electricity.

Picture_02598.jpg

Picture_02488.jpg

Picture_02394.jpg

Picture_021110.jpg

Picture_012196.jpg

Picture_011201.jpg

Picture_010218.jpg

Picture_009224.jpg

Picture_008224.jpg

Picture_007246.jpg

Picture_006267.jpg

Picture_005286.jpg

Picture_004299.jpg

Picture_003306.jpg

I really like this one. This one best describes how they look in person.
Picture_001308.jpg

Here's what I've noticed having these two beasts of LED's over a 3x6 tray:

The plants are exhibiting outdoor like characteristics. The leaves are much thicker, resin is more dense, buds are heavier (by far) than at any other time I've grown this strain, and the buds have a bit more leaf than usual---typical for outdoor plants.

Triches are still all clear....we're at 10 weeks. I normally chop these at 12 weeks, which seems about right. I'm gonna just state it because I know it's true:

These two Platinum P1200's are going to out yield 2 1000 Watt HPS that used to light this tray. I don't mean they'll out perform as in grams per watt.....which they will.....I mean I'm going to get more total yield from these lights than I ever did with 2000 watts of HPS over the same tray, growing the same plants. Oh, and that's at about half the electricity.

Picture_02598.jpg

Picture_02488.jpg

Picture_02394.jpg

Picture_021110.jpg

Picture_012196.jpg

Picture_011201.jpg

Picture_010218.jpg

Picture_009224.jpg

Picture_008224.jpg

Picture_007246.jpg

Picture_006267.jpg

Picture_005286.jpg

Picture_004299.jpg

Picture_003306.jpg

I really like this one. This one best describes how they look in person.
Picture_001308.jpg

Wow doc those are some impressive plants and the best thing oout the whole thing is u said they out performed your 2 1000 watt hps so I think we can now say these lights are the truth. What size are u growing them in and how long did u veg?

That last pic is especially stunning. The plant looks like it's firing on all cylinders, giving you everything it possibly has to give. :thumb:

I know you are always pushing for greater plant health, but short of GMO, there has to be a limit as to a plants natural potential right? And don't you feel like you are getting pretty darn close under these sun inducing LEDs? ;)

That last pic is especially stunning. The plant looks like it's firing on all cylinders, giving you everything it possibly has to give. :thumb:

I know you are always pushing for greater plant health, but short of GMO, there has to be a limit as to a plants natural potential right? And don't you feel like you are getting pretty darn close under these sun inducing LEDs? ;)

There is always room for improvement!

Seriously, I've learned so much about the soil....enough now that I realize my life won't be long enough to learn all there is to know. I'm learning through trial and error what makes our plants really work....I'll need ten more years at least to feel like I've got a good handle on that.....and we haven't even touched the surface on the following:

1. grounding medium to the earth. (assuming you're not planted in the earth)
2. methods of planting that utilize/emphasize electrical fields
3. companion planting, insects, etc.
4. Water! This one is HUGE! What would happen if I only used rainwater? What if I used glacial run-off? Etc.

We're still heavily influenced by prohibition. (fuck the prohibitionists.....jerks) When we can come out of the shadows and apply our minds as free men, exercising our God-given right to pursue happiness, we'll take it to another level or two.....or three.

WE CAN AND WILL DO BETTER!

Until then, I do enjoy my progress so far.....

Absolutely spectacular doc!

I went to a soil health field day last week and there were some great talks on cover crop and beneficial mites and insects. They really focused on no-till methods due to agricultural soil degradation and runoff here in the islands.

That's the next step I would like to try, high brix no till with cover crops in very large fabric pots or a bed

Absolutely spectacular doc!

I went to a soil health field day last week and there were some great talks on cover crop and beneficial mites and insects. They really focused on no-till methods due to agricultural soil degradation and runoff here in the islands.

That's the next step I would like to try, high brix no till with cover crops in very large fabric pots or a bed

A 10x10x3 soil bed, for a single plant.....soil tested every year, re-amended. 4-6 pounds of the very best from a single plant....easy.

That's what I think about when I let my mind wander off....

Sheesh yes!

These look "fatter" than your usual crop, Doc. There's more color and they're as frosty as usual, but everything looks fatter. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice improvement. That's gotta be hard at your level - congrats! :laughtwo:

A 10x10x3 soil bed, for a single plant.....soil tested every year, re-amended. 4-6 pounds of the very best from a single plant....easy.

That's what I think about when I let my mind wander off....

I had a similar thought dealing with aqua ponics.
Digging my own pond with an island in the middle (just big enough for one plant) making its base out of brick so its stable and drains well, then using a nice mix for the soil.
stock the pond with fish and let them do the hard work for you.
Its a bit more in depth and detailed than that, but thats my rundown of a day dream =p

Beautiful girls you got there...I'm a new grower and just put together my room a few months ago so I never have to buy from people and can get some oil....anyway beng a newbie I did not know any better so I started with CFL and a cheaper Chinese LED square unit (Taotronics I think) I grew 7 Autos in 1.25 GL buckets (hempy) and yeilded a disappointing 92 grams of kinda light fluffy not too dense bud (MY feeding wasnt dialed in either) A fter doing more research I came across the Platinums and got myself one and went with 6 autos in 2 GL buckets (same 3x2 area...yes tight fit I know! :) ) so I did and harvested a whopping 337 grams with autos! These lights make the plants grow like nothing Ive ever seen.....Im extremely happy and in love.....all hail PlatinumLED
20150205_153148.jpg
20150108_101138.jpg
20150206_190609.jpg
20150205_230957.jpg

Newbie my ass, bro, really? Look at all those buds. I have platinum as well, week 5 of flower on my first grow. Something like this would make mamma very very happy....:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom