Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, when you have some time, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Strain: Southern D'Light (SoCal NL#5 X ChemD). Day 13 (veg) approx. 5" tall showing it's 6th set of leaves. Numerous side branching occurring between each set of leaves. Started in my soil mix, but have been using your method/kit for nutrients, drenches, etc. It seems to be getting "top heavy". For example, today after spraying it with Brix, it started to go over so I stuck a small dowel rod for support. The stem seems "stiff" and it's thicker at the soil level as one would expect. This is my first grow so I'm a little "nervous" about what might be going on. Other than this, it's been doing quite well. I'm pleasantly surprised by the secondary growth inside the plant, if you know what I mean.

IMG_020842.jpg

View image in gallery

Thanks Doc. I knew that too...OG loves salt...You had talked about this a couple of times .I should have known,my fault.Not to worry ...they are loving the last 3 TBLSPOONS they've had of epsoms! I'l tone it down now ,like you say to teaspoons and keep giving it to them per insructions.This is when it gets looking reeeaaal nice ,from week 4 or 5 ...on.Lots of fun, and loving your kit Doc.I'l have a "Stella" for ya ! Cheers eh!

Yes Duggan Be careful MIT der Salt, it not toooo good, so make like a moose in the deep cold snow ...........
Tread Lightly ?
And at end of day Stella

Doc, what would be the plan to remove MITES , so we all know with your heads up !
And is adding bat quano a bad scene ?? During any phase of grow - bloom ? If No ..... Why?
What do you think of molasses as a treat, blackstrap of course.
Prosit Bulldog
Hey BD!

I added High P organic guano last OG run and they turned out really well. I do it when I need to lower brix and wreck the soil for the salt loving strains. This run I used steamed bone meal and I'm having mite problems on the OG and GSC. The high brix plants right next to them are untouched.....pretty cool.

So I'm going to spray with a product called Azatrol. It's like Azamax, a neem oil derivative. About 4 days later I'll spray with "Take Down" by Monterey. These two product should do the trick.

The high brix plants have always had mites, but they never did any damage so I never sprayed for them. Now that I've got a whole tray of "low brix" soil I've got an issue.

It's the price I have to pay if I want the kind of flavor people expect from those strains, but I much prefer strains that grow well in the best soil.

Generally speaking, that means strains that haven't been crossed too many time. Landrace strains do very well.

Partly true? De-stress good for cuttings with no roots, or cuttings with roots in rapid rooters. Broad spec minerals and PGRs I believe; I'll go out on limb and say it's probably good for small cuttings regardless of medium.

For High Brix cuttings, if you spray them with half strength D-stress they root faster and stay very healthy in the cloner. Only in a solid medium, however. I wouldn't do it in an aero cloner.

Doc, when you have some time, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Strain: Southern D'Light (SoCal NL#5 X ChemD). Day 13 (veg) approx. 5" tall showing it's 6th set of leaves. Numerous side branching occurring between each set of leaves. Started in my soil mix, but have been using your method/kit for nutrients, drenches, etc. It seems to be getting "top heavy". For example, today after spraying it with Brix, it started to go over so I stuck a small dowel rod for support. The stem seems "stiff" and it's thicker at the soil level as one would expect. This is my first grow so I'm a little "nervous" about what might be going on. Other than this, it's been doing quite well. I'm pleasantly surprised by the secondary growth inside the plant, if you know what I mean.

The sprays, amendments and drenches in the kit probably won't work too well with another soil. I'd transplant them into high brix soil and let everything work together. At that age the stems should be surprisingly stiff and strong. It looks like you might be over watering a bit, and possibly your soil holds too much moisture so you could very well have underdeveloped roots, which might cause the flimsiness.

Just get it into the real stuff and it should get better.

High There Doc,
I was wondering if you think the S. Mites (Damn F.ers) get resistant to the HB way of growing? I guess what I am asking is if you see a difference as time goes by because if my memory serves me still I could've sworn in the past I have heard HB growers claiming the mites can't survive or don't thrive on HB plants.
No matter what I hope your S Mite apocalypse is a success

High There Doc,
I was wondering if you think the S. Mites (Damn F.ers) get resistant to the HB way of growing? I guess what I am asking is if you see a difference as time goes by because if my memory serves me still I could've sworn in the past I have heard HB growers claiming the mites can't survive or don't thrive on HB plants.
No matter what I hope your S Mite apocalypse is a success

The high brix plants right next to these have no problem whatsoever. High Brix deals with the mites. I haven't had any trouble at all for nearly two years with mites. Only with the dumbed down OG soil is there a problem.

If you have insect pressure, something is wrong. I have no trouble when the plants are in the good soil.

Doc, good luck with the Willie run, I'm planning to chop my Haze x Thai today, day 142 since the flip to 12/12. My experience has been largely positive, except for the too-small container choice.

Just as a heads up, my plant didn't want to finish in kit soil until I lowered the light to 10/14; Willie also has those SE Asian genetics in her. My plant never responded well to Brix, but LOOOOOOOVES De-Stress.

Very excited to see how your sativa grow progresses...and/or overgrows your room!

Doc , so bat organic guano is acceptable to our type of organic growing, But it will Lower the Hi Brix, so it is Not a Good weekly staple to add, much like black strap molasses you don't want to add it as a weekly diet ( right?)
And No on has ever heard of B.C. Big Bud ?

Have a good 1 , Bulldog

QUOTE=Doc Bud;2027076]Hey BD!

I added High P organic guano last OG run and they turned out really well. I do it when I need to lower brix and wreck the soil for the salt loving strains. This run I used steamed bone meal and I'm having mite problems on the OG and GSC. The high brix plants right next to them are untouched.....pretty cool.

So I'm going to spray with a product called Azatrol. It's like Azamax, a neem oil derivative. About 4 days later I'll spray with "Take Down" by Monterey. These two product should do the trick.

The high brix plants have always had mites, but they never did any damage so I never sprayed for them. Now that I've got a whole tray of "low brix" soil I've got an issue.

It's the price I have to pay if I want the kind of flavor people expect from those strains, but I much prefer strains that grow well in the best soil.

Generally speaking, that means strains that haven't been crossed too many time. Landrace strains do very well.[/QUOTE]

Doc , so bat organic guano is acceptable to our type of organic growing, But it will Lower the Hi Brix, so it is Not a Good weekly staple to add, much like black strap molasses you don't want to add it as a weekly diet ( right?)
And No on has ever heard of B.C. Big Bud ?

Have a good 1 , Bulldog

QUOTE=Doc Bud;2027076]Hey BD!

Generally speaking, that means strains that haven't been crossed too many time. Landrace strains do very well.
[/QUOTE]

I don't recommend adding mollasses to high brix growingl It doesn't fit into the picture at all, because we want our microherd to eat rocks, not sugar.

I don't recommend adding mollasses to high brix growingl It doesn't fit into the picture at all, because we want our microherd to eat rocks, not sugar.[/QUOTE]

Doc Bravo ! There is a deep education in what you just spoken, Listen up all the folk in this group, this is roots education !
The Only element I plan on improving on is the water, the concept of using barley grain seed and letting it germinate until there are sprout root come out, then we take the sprouted seeds to a blender with Pure water and blend the seeds , seperate the mash and the juices through a kitchen screen thing and collect the juice for the plants soil or hydro, it results in a high enzyme food. The juice needs to be used ASAP as extended storage degrades the organic positives of the entire project.

I don't recommend adding mollasses to high brix growingl It doesn't fit into the picture at all, because we want our microherd to eat rocks, not sugar.

Doc Bravo ! There is a deep education in what you just spoken, Listen up all the folk in this group, this is roots education !
The Only element I plan on improving on is the water, the concept of using barley grain seed and letting it germinate until there are sprout root come out, then we take the sprouted seeds to a blender with Pure water and blend the seeds , seperate the mash and the juices through a kitchen screen thing and collect the juice for the plants soil or hydro, it results in a high enzyme food. The juice needs to be used ASAP as extended storage degrades the organic positives of the entire project.[/QUOTE]

That sounds really interesting. I'll bet there are all kinds of PGR's in that mix.

Bulldog!! Bc Big bud is more of a comercial strain, not top shelf! It is a mostly sativa hybrid with a bit of indica(big bud).Short flowering (8to 9 weeks) It has ok reviews but i think it's mostly for people who are concerned more with quantity than quality! That aint me...although it's nice to get both eh:):)Pick your strains very carefully for H.B..The less a strain has been messed with ...the better .I would love to try Mazar in docs soil,but you can't get fems of it yet and i just don't have the time or space to grow ,then sex my plants.As soon as Dutch Passion starts making fems of Mazar, i'm getting them...what a yummy afgani plant it is!Later BD,hope that helps. Cheers.

Greetings to all my brothers an sisters.
The Ethiopian Highland Pure landrace ! was first grown in the highlands of Tanzania, where in my opinion the strain had different characteristics from what it is today. The strain was brought to Ethiopia in the time of the emperor Haile Selassie I's rule and was cultivated and inbred in and around the city of Shashemene by the Rastafari. The plant starts life with characteristics of indica genetics with large leaves and gradually starts to transform into the sativa traits, finishing with spear shaped buds which range from different colours from light greens, dark green with redish orange tints.
There are two distinct phenotypes in this strain, one growing tall with far in between nodes an producing slim buds. The other grows short with indica traits, usually produces more weight on the buds and end result is a much better smoke. Rastafari brothers who bring the herb an seeds across the border. This sativa landrace can be considered one of the shorter variety from the other taller growing African sativas. The loss of height could be due to the highlands of Ethiopia and cold climates forcing the plants to take on indica traits.

Now the Mission is to find the seed !
Have a good 1, B.D.

I love you bulldog :) The roots of education!

If you guys are looking for landrace seeds you can check world of seeds. Most of their seeds are pures or really close. I have some obsession seeds that im probably gonna crack next.

If you guys are looking for landrace seeds you can check world of seeds. Most of their seeds are pures or really close. I have some obsession seeds that im probably gonna crack next.

Second that on world of seeds. I absolutely love my wild thai from them.

Back
Top Bottom