Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Quit showin off Doc!!! :)
Fantastic job!!!

LOL, sorry but I just saw this post again and had a sudden l'esprit de l'escalier ...

Showin' off or settin' a standard? Heheh, someone's gotta be best, eh?

Doc is that OG in pure HB soil or dumbed down? Also, for growing salt lovers, what's the difference/best practice between using bonemeal/guano vs Epsom?

haha.....you're thinking the same way I am.

The OG's are in dumbed down soil. This particular run I wrecked my soil useing 1/4 cup steamed, organic bonemeal in the lower half of the pots. The cycle before this I did the same with high P Bat guano.

Mind you, this hardly counts as science, and with only 1 try each we barely have anecdotal evidence as to which is more effective, but here's what I'm noticing:

1. The guano plants looked healthier throughout the growth cycle than the bone meal ones.
2. the bone meal plants definitely out did guano in terms of yield
3. Bone meal is more potent and has better "OG" flavor.
4. Guano had fewer mites....but the bonemeal was present after the mites had months of free food from the guano

Next run I'm going to split the difference and use both.

I only use the Epsom when needed. I don't incorporate it into the mix.

Doc... is it just the og that you adjust the soil for, or do you mess with it for any other strains? Although my MK Ultra is 1/2 og, i don't think i want to "dumb down" my next run of it cuz they look so good despite the leaves going all funky late in flowering. I want to keep the brix as high as possible to get all the H.B. benefits, smell, taste,buzz,etc. They grew perfect up until a couple weeks ago.Looking at them now...i really don't think they could be much better Doc. I don't mind adding some epsoms during flowering for mg , flavour and to satisfy the salt need.I feel that adding stuff to your much worked on soil is actually going backwards in are quest for perfection.Hopefully in the future strains will start to go back to there roots (before prohibition) and not need all the high ppm's.These true H.B. plants have something very special i've never experienced before.Just the smell and looks alone tell me i'm in for something special.Oh..btw great pics of your latest group Doc,looking fantastic as usual:) Cheers eh!

Bah.. This is asian sheet all over again.. They tempt you with what they can produce.. But you'll never get the secrets. You'll run around with miracle grow while they laugh. I'd like to try it doc- but if you pick and choose who can have the kit what's a brother to do..

I guess I won't be in your little circle. I'm busy anyways and like a crackhead I'll probably produce something that blows this out the water within a year lol Have fun guys..

haha.....you're thinking the same way I am.

The OG's are in dumbed down soil. This particular run I wrecked my soil useing 1/4 cup steamed, organic bonemeal in the lower half of the pots. The cycle before this I did the same with high P Bat guano.

Mind you, this hardly counts as science, and with only 1 try each we barely have anecdotal evidence as to which is more effective, but here's what I'm noticing:

1. The guano plants looked healthier throughout the growth cycle than the bone meal ones.
2. the bone meal plants definitely out did guano in terms of yield
3. Bone meal is more potent and has better "OG" flavor.
4. Guano had fewer mites....but the bonemeal was present after the mites had months of free food from the guano

Next run I'm going to split the difference and use both.

I only use the Epsom when needed. I don't incorporate it into the mix.
Well, i have a blueberry og that id be willing to put up for research next! I really wanna get that one right. Its supposed to purple up nice and have a creamy berry flavor :)
I got a question mr. Bud. Is there a reason you just let your plants grow the way yhey grow? Do you top or lst? If youve talked about it before then i must be blind cuz i cant recall you mentioning it. And if you dont top or lst...why not?
Oh and another thing....tomorrow dont be surprised to see me in your grow room rubbing your plants on my nipples. Thanks bud!!!!! :)

Bah.. This is asian sheet all over again.. They tempt you with what they can produce.. But you'll never get the secrets. You'll run around with miracle grow while they laugh. I'd like to try it doc- but if you pick and choose who can have the kit what's a brother to do..

I guess I won't be in your little circle. I'm busy anyways and like a crackhead I'll probably produce something that blows this out the water within a year lol Have fun guys..
The "little" circle you talk about ,isn't little any more! Good luck with your grows...oh wait...luck has absolutely NOTHING to do with H.B. growing.I don't think Doc would refuse anyone a kit!Have fun!

The "little" circle you talk about ,isn't little any more! Good luck with your grows...oh wait...luck has absolutely NOTHING to do with H.B. growing.I don't think Doc would refuse anyone a kit!Have fun!
Yeah, we're not children here and doc wouldnt refuse a kit to anyone. Just keep on him :)

You told me you weren't growing legally and I told you I wouldn't support you in breaking the law. If you want to call that "picking and choosing" so be it.

I "pick" to work with legal growers, and "choose" not to support those breaking the law.

Well, i have a blueberry og that id be willing to put up for research next! I really wanna get that one right. Its supposed to purple up nice and have a creamy berry flavor :)
I got a question mr. Bud. Is there a reason you just let your plants grow the way yhey grow? Do you top or lst? If youve talked about it before then i must be blind cuz i cant recall you mentioning it. And if you dont top or lst...why not?
Oh and another thing....tomorrow dont be surprised to see me in your grow room rubbing your plants on my nipples. Thanks bud!!!!! :)

Yep. I top. It's all in the "in the lab" thread.

Yeah, we're not children here and doc wouldnt refuse a kit to anyone. Just keep on him :)

When someone tells me in a PM that they're growing illegally, I don't support them. Period.

I would have gladly sold him a kit for vegetable growing, but he was dead set on using it illegally and I told him I wouldn't sell it to him.

But he'll blow this out of the water in a few months.

Hey now! I had no idea bro!
Ok, about that topping thing...did you top that plant under the led? Ive read all your work doc and like i said, i dont recall. Some stuff ive actually read a few times just to make sure lol
I looked at my girl yesterday and shes packing on amber trichomes!!! I dont think shes ready but i dont want couchlock herb. Shes about half clear/amber and half cloudy (more cloudy than clear and amber)
Any idea doc? Im wicked confused about what to do lol

If he can't understand that you still need to CYA Doc, then it's best he doesn't use your products. It's not rocket science folks. Cannabis is still illegal across the US and they still do arrest people for having/growing it. It looks like the tide is finally turning, but it's like turning a big oil tanker...it takes time...

Another thing I was thinkin about was the burnt tips before harvest. It seems like everyones getting it but if you look youll notice that it didnt happen with cursos plants. He was using bubbled tap water. Think that had something to do with it or is it just a strain thing or maybe a combination?

Hey Doc first post

Read in the Lab and finally caught up on this journal, amazing stuff, was wondering if you could pm me about a kit. Thanks

Another thing I was thinkin about was the burnt tips before harvest. It seems like everyones getting it but if you look youll notice that it didnt happen with cursos plants. He was using bubbled tap water. Think that had something to do with it or is it just a strain thing or maybe a combination?

My LED plant doesn't have burnt tips either, compared to the HID. I don't worry too much about it....

Hey Doc first post

Read in the Lab and finally caught up on this journal, amazing stuff, was wondering if you could pm me about a kit. Thanks

Check your box!

Well if youre not worried than neither am i :)
Im gonna go with bubbled tap water on this one i think. If it worked for curso it should be ok for me. I looked up the water report for my town and it appears ill be ok with doing it. The only concerns i have is the chloramine. We'll see i guess

Well if youre not worried than neither am i :)
Im gonna go with bubbled tap water on this one i think. If it worked for curso it should be ok for me. I looked up the water report for my town and it appears ill be ok with doing it. The only concerns i have is the chloramine. We'll see i guess
Hey Canuck, Have you tried using distilled water that comes in those 5 gal. clear plastic bottles?That's all i ever use for my plants...no guessing ...it's only H2O.All the crap in the water can't be that good can it? The minerals and good things in tap water are in the soil and doc's kit stuff.I'l post some pics tonight of my MK Ultras with crappy looking leaves but the buds are ...well ,you be the judge.The bottled water suites me because i'm only growing a few at a time ,so the expense is well worth it.I like it because i know that it's ONLY water!My 2 cents Canuck, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom