Dwc

Which strain next?

• Total voters
Re: SouthernWeed Swims Again.DWC/H&G Nutrients

OK, for the last week or so, seems like it's just been me and HypoHippie here. I finally got the weather working with me and I still have a good bit of good old fashioned shovel work in front of me, so I'll be busy with that for the next few days...maybe a week not sure, I'm digging out some huge holes.

Plants are healthy and strong. I removed a massive amount of canopy coverage on Legs. I'll watch how she reacts for a few days before doing the same to the Runt.

When I can find some time, I'll update, but I wouldn't be looking for anything in the next few days.

OK, for the last week or so, seems like it's just been me and HypoHippie here.

I'm here! :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm sure I'm not the only one lurking...

Didn't know what to say about the leave pruning, but I'm glad you're trying it - I think these cabbage like indicas might need it, but I've been too chicken to try until the last week of flower.

OK, for the last week or so, seems like it's just been me and HypoHippie here. I finally got the weather working with me and I still have a good bit of good old fashioned shovel work in front of me, so I'll be busy with that for the next few days...maybe a week not sure, I'm digging out some huge holes.

Plants are healthy and strong. I removed a massive amount of canopy coverage on Legs. I'll watch how she reacts for a few days before doing the same to the Runt.

When I can find some time, I'll update, but I wouldn't be looking for anything in the next few days.

I had some plants that were also ultra bushy, with tight internodes and large fan leaves.

What I did was change the photoperiod to 15/9 a week before onset of 12/12. It opened them up just a bit, then they stretched into proportion upon making the switch.

I'm here! :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm sure I'm not the only one lurking...

Didn't know what to say about the leave pruning, but I'm glad you're trying it - I think these cabbage like indicas might need it, but I've been too chicken to try until the last week of flower.

You ever been in a bit of a hurry and posted something you didn't read over? Well, that's the explanation for that post...sounded like a little bitch...wasn't how I meant to come off at all...as for leaves, read on.

I had some plants that were also ultra bushy, with tight internodes and large fan leaves.

What I did was change the photoperiod to 15/9 a week before onset of 12/12. It opened them up just a bit, then they stretched into proportion upon making the switch.

I just did a 2 week veg on these two to get a feel for the nutes, and I've been in 12/12 for three weeks so I can't shift around now...but it's a good idea to keep in mind for the future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legs certainly showed no ill effects from being pruned out, in fact, she has just exploded in new bud sites pretty much everywhere light hits. With that knowledge in the bank, I removed a massive amount of canopy from The Runt as well. I'm not saying this should be a routine practice, but the fan leaves were so large, they were killing off bud sites and secondary leaves from a combination of lack of light and being constantly soaking wet. I'm still a bit nervous about the whole thing, but I had very little choice.

Now, I said in the very early part of the journal that I would be slavishly copying the recommended 2 week veg, normal strength nutrient program. Problem is, the plants need more food than that is providing. So this week, I went exactly halfway between the normal and aggressive feed program. For those that haven't looked in on the nute calculator I'll tell you the only thing that changes is the amounts of Aqua Flakes A&B...all additive amounts stay the same.

Week 6 Nutrient list

Aqua Flakes A 47ml
Aqua Flakes B 47ml
Bud XL 15.2ml
Drip Clean 1.6ml

We dropped Multi Zen and Root Aceleratuer this week. Added Bud XL which enables the plants to process sugars from the leaves to stimulate flowering. It's this week I've been told the nutrients will really start to impress. Honestly, I've been pretty impressed so far with the performance of the H&G line to this point. There is a learning curve to be sure, but it's manageable if you pay attention to what's going on. The next weeks will be a complete learning experience for all of us, as we put some of the top end bud boosters to work...some of the NPK numbers are pretty spooky...look up shooting powders, they're pretty hot. Especially when used right behind the Top Booster, which is basically a PK13-14 blend.

So we are now into the good stuff. I've got 12 holes done and hope to finish the rest this afternoon and tomorrow and then...after the plants have a few days in the new buckets, I'll post some pics that ought to make for some interesting comparisons.

Y'all have a great day.

POLL CLOSING UPDATE

One week to go and VK still has a one vote lead...every two new votes split this week...this is a tight one folks...you're vote here really matters.

FWI...the 3 LA Women are by far the bushiest plants in this cycle. prob close to the bushiest Ive ever had ever. Im diggin the plants

FWI...the 3 LA Women are by far the bushiest plants in this cycle. prob close to the bushiest Ive ever had ever. Im diggin the plants

Yeah, they're pretty cool, but I've grown autoflowers that were taller by a fair bit. One thing to note though...all the remaining leaf structure, and there's still quite a bit, is standing straight out an starting to reach for the light. That's the first time since the pump crapped out.

If I clear 2 oz per plant I'll be happy this go round...the next one I'm going to free the beast and let fly with both barrels if the VK takes the win...her love of a high PPM/EC enviroment are well known. If the Purple Wreck wins, I'll still hit them alot harder, but not nearly what I'd do to the VK.

I was going to wait until tomorrow to post some updated pics, but I worked my ass off yesterday finishing my holes and had some time this morning to go in and get some pics.

First let me tell you what I did and what you'll see in a couple more days. As soon as I realized that removing the volume of canopy coverage I did had no negative impact...quite the opposite, it seemed to cause a sudden surge in the number of budsites...I removed a few more large leaves on Legs, and removed a proportional amount on the Runt as I did on Legs the first trim. I'll watch the Runt like I did Legs, and if I get the same response, and it already appears that I am, I'll take a few more big leaves off her in two or three days.

Running the PPM up has really geared Legs up and she is growing vertically for the first time in I don't know when. The Runt is lagging behind on the vertical, but I got a dollar that says it'll be going up by tomorrow.

Pit...lay the juice to 'em, they can take it. I've taken the gloves off here and for the remainder of this grow, I'm going to be quite a bit more aggresive in the amount of food they get.

Pics of Legs...

100_2224.jpg

100_2227.jpg

100_2229.jpg

100_2231.jpg

100_2230.jpg

Now there's not as much to see on the Runt yet, she's about three days behind Legs right now, but these pics will be more interesting in a few days when I update pics, and y'all will get a nice comparison view to what I've seen the last several days.

100_2233.jpg

100_22341.jpg

100_22371.jpg

100_22381.jpg

100_22391.jpg

That's where we're at y'all, let me know what you think.

Y'all have a great day.

Comin along SW... So have you started contemplating possible tattoo sites yet? ;):biglaugh:

Glad your instinct about the pruning worked out.
I didn't chime in on it because I wasn't sure how it would go, but definitely looks like the right choice.
growth spurts always warm my heart ;)
good call brother

Thanks SS, I sweat bullets trying to decide what to do, but in the end there wasn't really any choice. They were refusing to gain any height to allow any light into the plant. Like I said, I don't think this would be somehing I'd do with every grow, but in this situation, it seems to have worked out pretty well.

Comin along SW... So have you started contemplating possible tattoo sites yet? ;):biglaugh:

Center of a backpiece. Ivan, my tattoo artist, says the whole thing ought to take about 150 hours, so I'm going to be dropping some serious coin on this one.

those plants look fantastic

Thanks Brother, I'm back to being happy with them. When that pump died, it really threw a wrench in the works, but she's back on track now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, I'm impressed. These things are like two completely different plants. Both are gaining some vertical height...not alot but some, but the budsite developement is mind boggling. There's still a bit of leaf structure that will need removal at some point down the road, but for now all is well.

The amount of water/nutrients taken up is just this side of unbelievable. I'm now adding over a gallon per bucket in the morning and 1/2-3/4 of a gallon in the afternoon. Never in any of my hydro grows have I had plants take up so much in a day.

Smell is really coming on fast. Legs has a very skunky smell, The Runt is different...kind of like cat piss, a very amonia like skunk smell. Ought to make for an interesting smoke.

So we're doing pretty damn good right now folks. I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks as we see the H&G stuff do it's thing.

Poll closed

Violator Kush is our winner

Stay tuned for the next grow

Y'all have a great day.

Looking good SW, I just got caught up. Good call on the prune, very interesting. I'll stick around for the rest of the show. Let's see these sexy bitches EXPLODE!!!! Good Luck bro!:thumb::thumb:

Looking good SW, I just got caught up. Good call on the prune, very interesting. I'll stick around for the rest of the show. Let's see these sexy bitches EXPLODE!!!! Good Luck bro!:thumb::thumb:

Well, like I said, I wouldn't do it every single time, but in cases like this with leaves literally longer and wider that the vertical height of the plant, extreme measures were called for.

After a talk with Pit, I've decided to move the PPM from 1400 to 1600 with the mid week bucket change, they may be midgets, but they are fat and are eating like Joey Chestnutt out in front of Nathan's on the Forth of July.

Next three weeks are going to be really interesting as the Bud XL, Top Booster and Shooting Powders are all coming into play to drive bud production...a cool show for sure.

Legs has a very skunky smell, The Runt is different...kind of like cat piss, a very amonia like skunk smell.

:rofl:

You should be employed by those high-end wine companies. You know to write the scent descriptions, of course!

Lovin it!
SF

:rofl:

You should be employed by those high-end wine companies. You know to write the scent descriptions, of course!

Lovin it!
SF

I'd rather be employed by a top end breeder writing discriptions of his/her work...after ample study of course.

Good morning all. These days are the ones I love...good news everywhere.

First off, the news on our two current plants. Legs is absolutely going nuts with flowering...just completely insane. I topped off the water in the buckets and realized a 50% drop in PPM. Dumped out those buckets and replaced the with 1660 PPM nute solution...really jamming my boot up their butts right now.

The Runt is right behind Legs by three or four days, and her trim job will continue today...got 6-8 large leaves left to take off on her. She's displaying the same hunger as Legs and the bud formation on her is well underway.

So all goes well with the current show...now for news of the next.

First, I'd like to thank everyone who voted in the poll. Purple Wreck was out to an early, rather large lead, but the Violator Kush came storming back to take the win in a very close finish.

So with that being the case, 5 Violator Kush beans were just put in to soak about 15 minutes ago. As soon as they sink, they'll go into paper towels until they crack and will be placed in starter cubes and placed in my old tub res to begin their veg. Once they get going, I'll move them into the large tub for the grow.

I'm not going to post the very early veg on this grow. I thought it important to show this grow from the very beginning to demonstrate the performance of these nutrients, but my plan with this grow is to veg them until my two LA women are done and then move them immediately into flower after the chop.

So with 4-5 weeks left on the LAW, I feel that is long enough to veg these 5 VKs with a reasonable target of 4 oz per plant...give me 20oz of Violator Kush and I'll be a happy country boy.

That's where we are today folks, I'll get some pics up tomorrow and I believe y'all will be suitably impressed...maybe I'll top 2 oz per plant...hard to say with such a short veg and no real experience with these nutrients, but it's a reasonable goal.

Y'all have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom