Experiments With Blue Cheese - Brassic Style

Well a heartfelt thank you to all who dropped by my journal tonight. The community spirit on 420mag is second to none.

Next up in my 'experiments' will involve these lovely ladies

P10100309.JPG

I got something in mind for the first three at the the back. Suggestions please for the girlies in the foreground.

Peace to All

BB

Oh BTW all are clones of plant #3 (just out of shot) who is still around from Jan. I know she's looking a bit spent, but she's a survivor. I cannot let her go. I've had to bin more Blue Cheese clones than a man would die for, but hey wadda girl !!!

Thank you so much Sir great to have ya around :thumb:

BB

Capn,

while things were quiet over here I took a swing down over to yours for a few hours. That's some mighty fine info you're sharing over there my friend. As we will see shortly I am using your latest method in its most simple form. Some of your other threads have answered a bunch of problems I had in the past. Hats off to you Sir brilliant work:welldone:

Lets move on guys

BB

Glad to hear you found some use from them... I've spend 100's of hours writing those so it is great to hear it.

I really like your grow cabinet and your vertical lighting, and of course the grow cubes. Looks like it's going to be a nice yield for florescent lights. I saw what you said about this plant going thru a mishap. Interesting enough, my biggest yielding plant ever... I did the same thing. It was nearly dead. After a couple months of nursing it back to health, it came back better than before. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but maybe I should try purposely ALMOST killing a plant and see if I can reproduce it. ha ha! I'll be watching your journal.

That's right, get that paper work. What you know means nothing without the papers to back it up. Trust me; I know.

That's right, get that paper work. What you know means nothing without the papers to back it up. Trust me; I know.

Will get back to you on that one Reg. I hope I've got some pic's from way back when. I know you like the proof.

Cheers for now.

BB

I believe I may have been misunderstood here. I meant going to school to get the paper work you need to get paid correctly in the job market for your skills unlike I did.

I believe I may have been misunderstood here. I meant going to school to get the paper work you need to get paid correctly in the job market for your skills unlike I did.

Blimey Reg, you're so off the wall sometimes. I'll get used to ya sooner or later. Brilliant all the same :rofl:

BB

Good day to All

@21 some of you may note that I've moved to a coco/perlite mix. It's cheaper and certainly easier to deal with than the croutons. The back 3 plants are about ready for a repot now so I shall get some root shots up as I go through the process. Hope you will be watching Capn, its my medium of choice from now on.

I intend to flower these girls out in my stealth grow box which shall be retro fitted from my spring grow with 4k/Kelvin fluoro' tubes. The box is about 42" x 23" x 47"h (106 x 58 x 120cm). Temps and RH are pretty much under control at this time of year. First time round in this box I made some big mistakes. I think the worst was busting up the dark period when I hadn't considered the red neons and leds of equipment in the space. For sure that prolonged the flowering time to around 12 weeks. However the yield was astonishing for such small light input. I can't believe nearly 6 oz dry came off the three plants with only around 160w of lighting. That's around a gram per watt people from a noob who didn't know what he was doing ! If I can find some pics I shall post later.

So the quest here is to find out about what it is about small light to big yield.

The new (used) tubes in the box will total around 180w at 4k/kelvin. Possibly some supplementary 6500Ks also.

Heya :ciao:

She's a true beauty. :thumb:

I plan on keeping one of my first plants as a reveg for sentimental reasons if nothing else.

Ah sentiment seems to win the day always. Aren't they beautiful.

Thanks for looking in Dresny, if ya need some advice on how to keep her alive just ask.

BB

Hey Capn

Back to the grow cab. I was really up against it (still am now) as the summer closed. So I got to thinking how am i going to save a plant without spending mega bucks. I went surfing at the local DIY store and came up with the following.

What is the cheapest sheet material you can buy ?

Plasterboard was the answer. Inert, reasonably strong and dead easy to work with.

I grabbed 5 sheets and some 3/4 x 1 1/4 timber and some drywall screws for less than £30.00 ($48.00). Cheaper than the nearest tent, although the base is not included (3/4 chipboard) had it lying around. Construction was simple (ask if you need instructions). A budget box for all grows. Just needs some imagination.

Boxes mean light enclosure. Something I believe in.

Good day to All

@21 some of you may note that I've moved to a coco/perlite mix. It's cheaper and certainly easier to deal with than the croutons. The back 3 plants are about ready for a repot now so I shall get some root shots up as I go through the process. Hope you will be watching Capn, its my medium of choice from now on.

How dare you, Double B! ;-) I have found I have ZERO PH issues when using the grow-cubes and RO water. Can you explain more on this, as to why you switched away from the cubes? I understand the coco is cheaper, needs less watering, and easier to dispose of when the grow is over. In flower, an automated watering system is necessary when you're using cubes. Any other reasons?

I intend to flower these girls out in my stealth grow box which shall be retro fitted from my spring grow with 4k/Kelvin fluoro' tubes. The box is about 42" x 23" x 47"h (106 x 58 x 120cm). Temps and RH are pretty much under control at this time of year. First time round in this box I made some big mistakes. I think the worst was busting up the dark period when I hadn't considered the red neons and leds of equipment in the space. For sure that prolonged the flowering time to around 12 weeks. However the yield was astonishing for such small light input. I can't believe nearly 6 oz dry came off the three plants with only around 160w of lighting. That's around a gram per watt people from a noob who didn't know what he was doing ! If I can find some pics I shall post later.

So the quest here is to find out about what it is about small light to big yield.

The new (used) tubes in the box will total around 180w at 4k/kelvin. Possibly some supplementary 6500Ks also.

I agree about the LED lights. My local hydro store owner laughed at me when I was talking about LED lights in the grow room. He says there is no UV light coming from them and they do NOT interrupt the dark period. I disagree. Back when I first got my 24/7 tri-meter, I had some plants in flower that reverted to vegetative growth. By the time I realized it, I was in the same boat as you, and it took 12-13 weeks to finish.

It sounds like you had a really nice yielder on your hands. Did you save that strain?

Hey Capn

Back to the grow cab. I was really up against it (still am now) as the summer closed. So I got to thinking how am i going to save a plant without spending mega bucks. I went surfing at the local DIY store and came up with the following.

What is the cheapest sheet material you can buy ?

Plasterboard was the answer. Inert, reasonably strong and dead easy to work with.

I grabbed 5 sheets and some 3/4 x 1 1/4 timber and some drywall screws for less than £30.00 ($48.00). Cheaper than the nearest tent, although the base is not included (3/4 chipboard) had it lying around. Construction was simple (ask if you need instructions). A budget box for all grows. Just needs some imagination.

Boxes mean light enclosure. Something I believe in.

Another "Do it your-selfer". I like it. Maybe at some point you could build another one, and post a step by step tutorial, including your vertical lighting and so on. Small, inexpensive grows like this are REALLY popular on the forums, and I know a lot of people would love it.

Some photo history peeps

Back in mid February. The nursery where #1 is recovering from her nasty accident :oops:

2013-02-23_13_19_30.jpg

The three girls doing their stuff in the grow cab. It got kinda crazy in there.

2013-03-27_15_32_37.jpg

#3 at harvest. She yielded a bit over 2 oz dry. Best of the bunch. Current mum to all those clones.

P10008951.JPG

#1 and #2 back in the nursery for reveg. #2 gave up shortly after, but she had some high stress in flower.

P10009011.JPG

High there Brit
Last time I revegged some flowering cuts I noticed the ones that got stripped early of as much of the bud and old growth vs the ones that kept more used material grew slower in the beginning but by week two were well on the way to passing the others but by 30 days it was no competition. I look fwd. to seeing those get it on again :)

Back
Top Bottom