Experiments With Blue Cheese - Brassic Style

Hi everyone,

just so there's no confusion here. Plant #1 is the one at back in the last pic above. She suffered the damage first time round as a vegging F1 seedling. She went on to harvest (about 1 oz ). I kept her going after a root ball trim and repot (doesn't always work). Now she's the plant that is our current subject in my ghetto bloom box at the start of the thread. I'm guessing at about 4 oz currently as bud growth seems to have not got bigger this last week. Friday will complete 35 days. Anyone rate PK 13/14 ?

High there Brit
Last time I revegged some flowering cuts I noticed the ones that got stripped early of as much of the bud and old growth vs the ones that kept more used material grew slower in the beginning but by week two were well on the way to passing the others but by 30 days it was no competition. I look fwd. to seeing those get it on again :)

Hi s1igblade,

Interesting observations. Did you go on to flower them out ? Yields ? Smoke potency ?

Plant #3 is in perpetual veg and seems to have no problem coming back even when I hack her to bits !

BB

Congrats...

Hey Everybody,

Sorry I've not been reporting much lately. It's been a hectic few weeks with other commitments and some major stress over lack of grow space preparation for my next adventure. Hope to get a full update with pics done in next day or two. Thanks for now.

BB

Heya, BB :ciao:

Can't wait to see the new pictures.

Every time I see your big girl I try to picture what one of mine will look like in ~10 months. I think I'm going to try revegging my Loretta (Trainwreck) if I can keep her alive til harvest. :laughtwo: I just love her 3-leaf trait and don't want her to ever die. I'm going to try my hand at cloning too.

Here's a toke from me to you :passitleft: Don't let the stress get to you!

Hi Guys n Gals,

It's picture time !

I never gave this girl a name so now I pronounce her Gloria (cos she's a survivor.)

So what's Gloria been up to. Its hard to see a difference when you're checking in on your girls everyday, but a few side by side pics reveal all. The comparison pics are from 14 days ago. Now I never expected much from this grow, as first time round her buds were on the small side and so the genetics are for more of the same.

However she's throwing up surprises as we move along. Take a look. We are now at 42 days.

P10100451.JPG

Out across the canopy

P101006312.JPG

P10100619.JPG

P10100472.JPG

A few cola comparisons

P101002418.JPG

P101006610.JPG

P10100511.JPG

And another

P101002121.JPG

P10100523.JPG

It's hard to determine what effect low power side lighting has on a grow. She is certainly busy down under.

P10100585.JPG

I kinda wanted to dive in there with the scissors and tidy her up sort of lolly pop style, but the jury is still out about stressing your girls after 12/12. So I played safe. I'll be wondering for ever more though if a good trim would have made her put more effort in at the top. There is a lot of tiny popcorn stuff under there, that must be consuming resources.

Another thing is the speed of progress. This is an 8 to 10 week strain. First time around I had red light at dark issues and believe it dragged things out for sure. Proof now seems assured, as Gloria looks like she only has 2 to 3 weeks to go. Her pistils are mostly on the turn with very few new ones appearing. In an ideal world I would love her to get that final bud fattening growth sometimes seen at the end. Alas as I have done nothing to get more I can only expect a tad more than she's giving now.

So possible harvest in a few weeks. Will be watching those tric's

Peace to All

BB

A quick point on that popcorn. As a lot of it is immature and still rather lively on the pistil front, there would be little to lose on a two stage harvest no ? If time allows (I need the space) I shall crop the tops and see if she's willing to finish the small stuff off. I suppose I could move her for this as she'll be somewhat smaller by then. We might stress her to pollinate as an interesting aside. Could do with the seed.

Anyone care to guess yield ? That's for the whole BTW.

BB

Hi s1igblade,

Interesting observations. Did you go on to flower them out ? Yields ? Smoke potency ?

Plant #3 is in perpetual veg and seems to have no problem coming back even when I hack her to bits !

BB

Sorry I've been caught up, its beg a bile and I can't remember thy exact weights any measures but it wasn't horrible, f I remember right it was close.

As for raising her skirt i take off a little each day and haven't had any issues after flip, hope that helps

I told you Id be here soon Brit. Those buds are jumping right off the screen! I'm trying to grab one.

Stress free repotting for Dummies (like me)

Apologies for the picture quality, I think my camera is having a bad day. I don't take credit for the following method as I saw it on someones thread. Can't remember who but thanks to them anyway.

This should work for most soil type mediums. Works great for the coco/perlite I'm using here.

It's time to repot some cuttings so I loosely fill a larger pot about half full with fresh medium. Then position the smaller pot noting where the surface level will be.

P10100863.JPG

Then infill until inner and outer surfaces are level. Water the fresh media with PH adjusted water.

P10100872.JPG

Remove the cutting to leave a nice cup shape impression.

P10100884.JPG

Carefully release the cutting from her cup

P10100895.JPG

Gently place her in her new home

P10100905.JPG

Firm as necessary.

P10100912.JPG

Job done. My girls are ready for a few more weeks of veg.

P10100921.JPG

Hey KJC,

I found some time to come over here and see what's happening in your part of the world. I've read through both your journals and it seems you're quite the popular guy.

On the plus side there is a veritable smorgasbord of great growers and thinking minds who's input should make anyone's grow a resounding success.

However I am somewhat dismayed that those great minds with some notable exceptions are not making themselves heard in helping get some serious issues sorted over here. I'm sure John, you for one would love some positive input to get your girls back to a picture of health. Come on people do I have to say it those plants are still seriously stressed the upturned saw toothing on some leaf edges is a classic sign. Cutting off badly damaged fan leaves along with silly comments like "they're looking great KJC" has not resolved the problem.

In my view the basic functioning of the plants has been impaired in some way. Most likely light stress causing the plants to lose the ability to respire properly. So a new look at lighting at least to be ruled out first. Now guys you can jump on and bury me now. Or you can start banging your heads together and help John get those poor plants back to a proper state of health. Nuff said. Peace all.

Hello Brassic Brit AND . . . . :thanks: FOR SHARING YOUR GROW WITH US . . . . :cheesygrinsmiley:

I MADE IT . . . . :geek:

I SEE CLASS HAS ALREADY STARTED . . . . . :reading420magazine:

Subscribed + REPS . . . . :passitleft: . . . . . Brassic Brit THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME . . . . :Namaste:

Thanks for dropping by Isearch,

That's a refreshingly wacky thread you got going over there. Will be pleased to help in any way I can.

In other news. I am patiently waiting for chop day on my big girl Gloria. Her skunky stench has been overpowering these last few weeks. But its now mellowing down some to a nice fruity blueberry aroma. Again this tells me she is close to finish. No great action on the bud front, but I can hope. Winding down on the nutes also, soon she'll be getting just water. A few of her fan leaves have also started turning yellow over the weekend. I'm hoping the timing will be just right to get my next three girls straight into flower. They will be my first clones to go the whole way, and I am both very pleased with myself and quite excited about the next grow.

After much experimenting in adverse summer conditions I finally perfected a cloning method that worked 100% for me. Its a shame that all the work ultimately ended up in the bin as I had nowhere to put them to mature. I shall share my method with you along with a photo tutorial when I do another round in the near future. It's nothing fancy, I just kept on trying to iron out the pitfalls in the simplest way possible. No special equipment is required either it's a simple cut, dip, set and forget. As they say less is More.

See ya round.

Back
Top Bottom