First Grow - 3 x Candy Kush Autos - 400W

As Promised! Sorry if I'm posting too many pictures....i can't help myself haha.

Day 56 (approx 4 weeks into flowering).

Took away some of the totally yellow fan leafs to allow for better light penetration and just gave her a 4l feed with nutes. I'm hoping she really bulks out over the next few weeks as she's looking a little twiggy just now. Don't expect ounces off her or anything but it would be nice to have something that'll last us a wee while! :yummy:

rsz_11199006_10153275720924096_751121274_n.jpg
rsz_11198772_10153275721239096_387971335_n.jpg
rsz_11198621_10153275721119096_1568949351_n.jpg
rsz_11198621_10153275720849096_907786059_n.jpg
rsz_11158034_10153275721364096_550481818_n.jpg
11119066_10153275721444096_1914407095_n.jpg

Looking really good GT24, you must be proud. And you are not posting to many pictures. :cheesygrinsmiley: :high-five:

Hey my friend you have done a great job on your first grow. I s\foresee great grows for you in the future. Don't sweat the yellow leafs. This is totally normal no matter whether it's a tomato plant, melon plant or pot plant. The plant appears to me to be slowly transitioning from the active aggressive flowering stage to the late flowering stage. It will then go into senescence. The yellowing of the leaves is just simply the plant beginning to shut these leaves off from the plant. It does this because the plant is slowly beginning to spend less of it's energy in photosynthesizing and is instead beginning to utilize the energy that it has stored in it's roots.
As it begins to go into late flowering it's calyxes will begin to swell as she wonders why no male pollen has shown up to fertilize her. Remember her main goal is to procreate. As the calyxes swell they actually get stickier and frostier in an effort to trap any pollen that is out there! Great news for us.

As she begins to go into senescence her calyxes continue to swell...her pistils begin to die off and turn from white to whatever color the
variety dictates....her stems and branches go from actively growing and become more brittle and woody. I know that the impulse in late flower is to pack on the nutes. But for the most part it's a waste of money to add nutes in the senescence time period.

Again best of luck you have done a great job! Get a bunch of the important stuff done that you have coming up. Because pretty soon you may have a few kicked back unproductive days coming up as you get that Kush couch lock!! BTW I have 3 of the Auto Seeds Kandy Kush popped right now and your grow has me excited about those!!

Hey my friend you have done a great job on your first grow. I s\foresee great grows for you in the future. Don't sweat the yellow leafs. This is totally normal no matter whether it's a tomato plant, melon plant or pot plant. The plant appears to me to be slowly transitioning from the active aggressive flowering stage to the late flowering stage. It will then go into senescence. The yellowing of the leaves is just simply the plant beginning to shut these leaves off from the plant. It does this because the plant is slowly beginning to spend less of it's energy in photosynthesizing and is instead beginning to utilize the energy that it has stored in it's roots.
As it begins to go into late flowering it's calyxes will begin to swell as she wonders why no male pollen has shown up to fertilize her. Remember her main goal is to procreate. As the calyxes swell they actually get stickier and frostier in an effort to trap any pollen that is out there! Great news for us.

As she begins to go into senescence her calyxes continue to swell...her pistils begin to die off and turn from white to whatever color the
variety dictates....her stems and branches go from actively growing and become more brittle and woody. I know that the impulse in late flower is to pack on the nutes. But for the most part it's a waste of money to add nutes in the senescence time period.

Again best of luck you have done a great job! Get a bunch of the important stuff done that you have coming up. Because pretty soon you may have a few kicked back unproductive days coming up as you get that Kush couch lock!! BTW I have 3 of the Auto Seeds Kandy Kush popped right now and your grow has me excited about those!!

Hey brother, thank you for your kind words and for going into the trouble of sharing your knowledge with me...absolute legend! Everything that's happening with her at the moment totally ties in with what you are saying. She's really bulked out the past few days and the frost she's throwing up now's getting ridiculous. I gave her one last nute feed last night then my thoughts were to just give her water from no on in?...maybe add a little calmag on her next feed or something though.

Amazing to hear man...When i planted my aim was to have her done right as my end of year exams finish, so i can kablaze until my hearts content hah :p Aw brilliant mate, that will definitely be a grow i will be following closely if your'e making a journal? I ordered candy seeds because I'd heard they were quite a resilient strain and boy are they that!....I fried them when they were wee by having the hps too close & lost two seedlings. Really didn't expect her to bounce back from it the way she did!...i was sure i would have stunted her etc.

(sorry for the late response, heads been buried in cardiorespiratory system books for days)!

Some snaps taken from last night. (Day 60 today).

rsz_20150429_235759.jpg
rsz_20150430_000506.jpg
rsz_20150430_000532.jpg

Hope everyone's well,

GT :tokin:

thats a winner man, its already there now. Time the only thing you need

primo medicine

Hey Green Thumb! Thanks for your kind words. My whole life has been nothing but growing stuff and I love to help newer growers out. Our daughter is entering grad school this fall to become a clinical psychologist so I know all about the need to crack the books. My Dad was a doctor of botany/plant pathology and a chemist so I have tons of respect for the effort it takes to achieve these degrees. Me I'm just a farmer!! But I love it. From looking at your girl I would say that she really doesn't have time to metabolize the calcium it takes a while. You are getting close to flush time but make sure you give her enough water to continue swelling her buds in the final stages of growth. Also make certain that she has some air movement to prevent and mildew problems as she continues to swell. Lastly I find that a reduction of night time temps helps speed up this final decline into senescence. It mimics what she would find naturally. Again... a fantastic first grow and you have my hearty congratulations! I am in negotiations with my Bride to allow me to post pics on here she is reluctant to allow that.
I would love to show the folks on here my use of cloches in growing. Again best of luck in your studies

Hey Green Thumb! Thanks for your kind words. My whole life has been nothing but growing stuff and I love to help newer growers out. Our daughter is entering grad school this fall to become a clinical psychologist so I know all about the need to crack the books. My Dad was a doctor of botany/plant pathology and a chemist so I have tons of respect for the effort it takes to achieve these degrees. Me I'm just a farmer!! But I love it. From looking at your girl I would say that she really doesn't have time to metabolize the calcium it takes a while. You are getting close to flush time but make sure you give her enough water to continue swelling her buds in the final stages of growth. Also make certain that she has some air movement to prevent and mildew problems as she continues to swell. Lastly I find that a reduction of night time temps helps speed up this final decline into senescence. It mimics what she would find naturally. Again... a fantastic first grow and you have my hearty congratulations! I am in negotiations with my Bride to allow me to post pics on here she is reluctant to allow that.
I would love to show the folks on here my use of cloches in growing. Again best of luck in your studies

Anytime man. Blown away by all the help I've been given throughout the whole grow....definitely made the right choice using 420 magazine as the site to share my grow venture on. Offt nice, she must be a smart cookie! That's so cool mate, I bet he passed on some amazing info! My dad has really strong views against cannabis as a whole so there's no chance i'll be sitting sharing a bowl, & chatting grow stuff with him anytime soon hah. I see. You reckon i should just stop the nutes altogether now or should i continue for a another couple of feeds before starting the flush? I've already got a fan in the tent at the moment but i think the motors reached its demise (cheap crap). Will try and pick up something over the next couple of days...would be painfully horrible if mildew got to it! I stay in Scotland so a reduction of night time temps is something that happens every day, (its always cold and wet haha). I've taken to opening the windows in the room for a few hours each night to allow more fresh air at her. Thank you man, you're a top guy. Aw I'm sure you can get her to come round, we'd all be missing out on here if we couldn't follow a journal of yours! I was pretty eager to start up my next grow as this one finished but my girlfriends not having any of it n said I've to wait a couple months. (maybe she'll change her mind when she tries some of the candy hehe).

Thanks again mate!

thats a winner man, its already there now. Time the only thing you need

primo medicine

Cheers 420 brother, Super excited to harvest!

GT:tokin:

Hello GT. Getting on great i can see with ur delicious plant:bravo: another crutial oint since ur almost there is Curng and drying (but not too much):) Here a guide i recently bumed into 'Curing' i dont know about the Hygrometer part of it, but the steps are generly good and straight foward:D
And Cannafan's one Cure Your Buds
Uptheholler2 sounds like uv got alot of exerience and backup with ur gardening :high-five: Iv been into non MJ plants a few years now and getting more into it, like bonzais and likes. Be nice to see ur ladies and progress, and inhale some of ur facts;)
Goood luck in the exams man and have a well deserved blaze after :roorrip::lot-o-toke:

Thank you my new found friends! Hey some people were raised by bankers and stock brokers......they learned how to make money and investments...... Some folks had parents who were coal miners or truck drivers and they learned those trades
. I happen to be raised in a family of sodbusters and ag scientists so I know how to grow stuff. I make my living by growing to feed folks in my little corner of the world. I am more than happy to help out where ever I can.
But remember everyone has their own ways of doing things... It's only natural for them to think that their way is best. So please always keep in mind I will tell you what works best for me. Also Since I am a farmer... I am a tight wad!!! I have developed over the years a lot of effective cheap skate tricks to get results at the lowest input cost possible. As I always say... " No Farmer thinks that he has an ugly daughter!!"

Thank you my new found friends! Hey some people were raised by bankers and stock brokers......they learned how to make money and investments...... Some folks had parents who were coal miners or truck drivers and they learned those trades
. I happen to be raised in a family of sodbusters and ag scientists so I know how to grow stuff. I make my living by growing to feed folks in my little corner of the world. I am more than happy to help out where ever I can.
But remember everyone has their own ways of doing things... It's only natural for them to think that their way is best. So please always keep in mind I will tell you what works best for me. Also Since I am a farmer... I am a tight wad!!! I have developed over the years a lot of effective cheap skate tricks to get results at the lowest input cost possible. As I always say... " No Farmer thinks that he has an ugly daughter!!"

Amen to that man. The worlds lacking in people like you these days! People in today's society are, generally speaking out for themselves (well in my experience anyways). It not often you meet someone willing to help someone off the niceness of their own back. karma will be good to you!

On a greener note, she's continuing to bulk out and is still throwing out silly amounts of sugar. Going to give her another feed later to keep her hydrated. I've noticed that since flowering's started her water intakes has gone through the roof!

Hello GT. Getting on great i can see with ur delicious plant:bravo: another crutial oint since ur almost there is Curng and drying (but not too much):) Here a guide i recently bumed into 'Curing' i dont know about the Hygrometer part of it, but the steps are generly good and straight foward:D
And Cannafan's one Cure Your Buds
Uptheholler2 sounds like uv got alot of exerience and backup with ur gardening :high-five: Iv been into non MJ plants a few years now and getting more into it, like bonzais and likes. Be nice to see ur ladies and progress, and inhale some of ur facts;)
Goood luck in the exams man and have a well deserved blaze after :roorrip::lot-o-toke:

Thank you for your kind words indochronic, and for the information on drying and curing! That will most definitely be coming in useful in a couple of weeks. Wish I could share a bowl with you's when she's ready!

Cheers brother, still got a couple weeks to go. After that I'll be freeeeeeeeeee!

Some snaps from this morning,
Happy Saturday ladies & gents, keep it green!

rsz_20150502_183419.jpg
rsz_20150502_183233.jpg
rsz_20150502_183429.jpg
rsz_20150502_164748.jpg

(made some ashtrays from recycled juice cans earlier)!

GT :tokin:

Well done man, can't wait to see your dry yield ! These autos are actually super powerfull once stressed and produce a lot more than imagined. Nice grow man, Keep up
:peacetwo:

What do you mean by stress? I have four going right now and I've done two in the past. I love the smoke, it'll be a regular. So any tips on that strain are much appreciated... Thanks, feel free to check my spring fling journal and comment.

Your killing it greenthumb, very motivating!

Back
Top Bottom