First LED Grow Ever

Good to hear everything is going good. Congrats on the on being so close on what you wife would probably say is the greatest grow you two have done, and when they are ready you dont even have to dry and cure them to enjoy them.

UPDATE TIME!!

Ok Everyone. Update on the Blue Dream. Today is day 57 of flower. We should still have another 2 weeks left. Most the trichomes except the ones on the amber hairs are still clear to cloudy. I hope i see more going cloudy soon as i really wanna chop in 2 weeks.....BUT i will leave it up to the plant to tell me.

PPM - 725
water temp - 69.00
Ph - 5.8 - 6.0
room temp - 74.9
humidity - 45% max - i added a mini dehumidifier as it started creeping to 60%

IMG_055324.JPG
IMG_055421.JPG
IMG_055825.JPG
IMG_055927.JPG
IMG_056121.JPG
IMG_056222.JPG
IMG_056315.JPG
IMG_056424.JPG
IMG_056523.JPG
IMG_056626.JPG
IMG_056724.JPG
IMG_056823.JPG
IMG_056926.JPG
IMG_057022.JPG
IMG_057122.JPG
IMG_057728.JPG
IMG_057827.JPG
IMG_057922.JPG
IMG_058026.JPG
IMG_058130.JPG
IMG_058231.JPG
IMG_058330.JPG
IMG_057628.JPG
IMG_057535.JPG
IMG_057424.JPG
IMG_057223.JPG

Well thats it for these ladies. I really want a usb microscope so i can shoot trich pics but for now that all i got!! Buds seem quite sparkly to me. I hope this stuff is quality lol

Looking great man! How are they smelling?

They smell so good its hard not to rip em off and shove em in the bong........ lol so I went and picked up some xxx og from the clinic to suffice lol........

Is it normal that you dont get the "SMELL" until you touch it? I mean there is a smell in the air but its not a dank smell until i touch the plant. Is this just how it is? Does it not smell "on its own" until I cure it?

They smell so good its hard not to rip em off and shove em in the bong........ lol so I went and picked up some xxx og from the clinic to suffice lol........

Is it normal that you dont get the "SMELL" until you touch it? I mean there is a smell in the air but its not a dank smell until i touch the plant. Is this just how it is? Does it not smell "on its own" until I cure it?

LOL, can't wait till I'm at your stage in the growing process. I've noticed my hands really smell after touching the plants versus just being in the room, but mine are still very early into flowering. Maybe you're getting used to the smell?

From the bits and pieces I've been reading, smell and flavor will really start to show depending on how well your cure goes. Crazy to see so many comparisons towards the world of craft beer when it comes to aging/storing. I can't comment because I've personally not gotten this far yet, but under the right storage conditions, your bud will become even more flavorful and potent months down the road. I've read on another site someone popping the top on buds he had stored from 2009! I would love to see the difference between buds that have been cured and stored over various amounts of time to see if they're really is a noticeable difference. Looks like I'll be experimenting once my first harvest is done.

LOL, can't wait till I'm at your stage in the growing process. I've noticed my hands really smell after touching the plants versus just being in the room, but mine are still very early into flowering. Maybe you're getting used to the smell?

From the bits and pieces I've been reading, smell and flavor will really start to show depending on how well your cure goes. Crazy to see so many comparisons towards the world of craft beer when it comes to aging/storing. I can't comment because I've personally not gotten this far yet, but under the right storage conditions, your bud will become even more flavorful and potent months down the road. I've read on another site someone popping the top on buds he had stored from 2009! I would love to see the difference between buds that have been cured and stored over various amounts of time to see if they're really is a noticeable difference. Looks like I'll be experimenting once my first harvest is done.

Thanks for the kind words, it has been a long process lol cant wait for the next one. Yea i'm gonna order the cvault jars like stealthgrow has. Did quite a bit of research on reviews of that product and its seems to be just what im looking for :)

mrrobert, Buds really looking good! They are starting to get big and trichomes everywhere!

I am noticing a lot of fox tailing going on though. Do you have a fan circulating the air in your box? And proper ventilation sucking old air out and new in? Fox tailing can be caused by heat and poor ventilation or hot spots.

Also, just thought i would mention to you. You can also just order the 62% boveda packs and put them in mason jars. After researching and researching i finally decided on this. The paks are pretty cheap and it works just as good.

But of course the CVaults are nice and would be a great addition to your collection if you have the extra cash for fancy jars!!
:thumb:

mrrobert, Buds really looking good! They are starting to get big and trichomes everywhere!

I am noticing a lot of fox tailing going on though. Do you have a fan circulating the air in your box? And proper ventilation sucking old air out and new in? Fox tailing can be caused by heat and poor ventilation or hot spots.

Also, just thought i would mention to you. You can also just order the 62% boveda packs and put them in mason jars. After researching and researching i finally decided on this. The paks are pretty cheap and it works just as good.

But of course the CVaults are nice and would be a great addition to your collection if you have the extra cash for fancy jars!!
:thumb:

Yea i had heat issues for probly the first 5 weeks of flower but has been good for the last 3 weeks. Looks like i am reaping the rewards of poor environment control. Thats why i cant wait for the next round lol so i can erase my mistakes from this first run. My buddy came over and checked it out. He thinks 3 oz when dried so that great for my first time but well see lol.........

I have a large green hydrofarm fan pulling hot air out of both boxes and i have two fans at each air inlet pushing A/c air in. Plus i have one fan blowing air inside the box. so essentially i have 4 fans per box moving air now. But like i said only been working in unison for about 3 weeks.

Just looked these up and am going to order a large one. I'll let you know how it works out... Thanks for the tip!

Just pulled the plug and ordered some myself too since im getting close. Dont wanna be stuck with a cut harvest and no where to cure lol......i got this pack of small, med , large and 1 xl. Last thing i need is a trim bin - those bad boys look super awesome.

hunter thanks for the info on boveda packs i fgured that would work thats how the clinics in my area of so cal all do it. Button top mason jars and boveda packs - I just really like how they dont look like weed jars from the outside and since i have a munchkin on the way were really doing our best to hide everything lol (kinda funny since my mom works for CPS lol - she is cool though i tell her everything she has no issues lol)

i got this pack
combo3_1.png

Hi Robert.

That's the same package set of CVaults that I got. I also ended up buying the mega vault, it holds between a pound or two depending on the density of the buds.;)
They are great, you won't regret the purchase.

Hi Robert.

That's the same package set of CVaults that I got. I also ended up buying the mega vault, it holds between a pound or two depending on the density of the buds.;)
They are great, you won't regret the purchase.

Got them in this weekend - yea i will probly need the mega vault soon lol - great container though!

We'll Trichs are half amber half cloudy just like I want. Been flushing for 5 days. Should I continue to flush since they are ready or cut them down. How much does a long flush matter ?

If they are ready then you should cut them down. You have a small harvest window when they are ready. Five days in my opinion is plenty. I say HARVEST!!! Cant wait for the pictures! Just remember the important part... Drying and curing! Try and dry them at 70 degrees and 50-55 RH. Once the outside starts to feel dry you can jar them! After 3 days i took some of the buds and put in a jar with a humidity meter to see where they were at. I do this every day until they got in the correct curing window. You want the buds to be around 60-65% RH. You can always let them dry more but you cant start the cure back if over dry the buds.

When I harvest I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, They come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Titanium Micro Tip Easy Action Scissors No.5

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

Well, Since harvest kinda crept up on me i was not able to flush a full week like i wanted. But the trichs were already where i wanted them for 4 days and they needed to come down........ Considering all my issues this grow I must say I am at leasy happy to cross the finish line. Hopefully I have knowledge and skills in place enough to have decent run next :)

But this run had its last hoooraahhh with me this week. The in-laws who are government workers were coming over to visit. So i shut the box down for 30 mins or so. NO AC, NO LIGHTS, NO Pumps...... Well they leave after 30 mins - I tell the computer to turn everything back and I plug the A/C back in. I did not look at my plants for another 24 hours. When i came back i found out i plugged the ac unit back in did not turn it ON!!!!!!! perfect temp for 4 weeks and blow it the last night.

119 degress my box got to for a total of 4 hours............ according to my computer.......... All my precious nugs were laying down and the stem seems like it practically collapsed and turned into a cooked spagetti noodle.

Crisped A LOT of the leaves. Looks like everything is all right but dang......... nothing like almost losing the whole thing one day before the chop.......... so here is the pictures, wish they didn't look so mangled from the pizza oven they sat in for a few hours..... LAME..... Thats what i get for being high sometimes hahaha
IMG_063323.JPG
IMG_063526.JPG
IMG_063619.JPG
IMG_063925.JPG
IMG_064024.JPG
IMG_063128.JPG
IMG_063221.JPG
IMG_064625.JPG
IMG_064926.JPG
IMG_065530.JPG
IMG_065630.JPG
IMG_065824.JPG
IMG_066326.JPG

Wow! 119 degrees! Thats crazy..... Talk about fast drying! Hopefully it didnt affect the buds in those few hours. Try and dry them at 70 degrees and around 50-55 RH.

You can see how you like to harvest and it may work for you but i would have cut most of those leaves off before you hung them. I left some leaves on my last grow and never again lol... Took me 10 hours to trim the buds. After about 24 hours all the leaves start drying out and the drop down and get all over the bud and get so small.

Those buds you have look good! Cant wait to see your next grow with your knowledge now! Get them all dried and post us some finish product!! Im excited to see.

Great job and great documentation on this grow! Keep up the good work.... and of course

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST HARVEST!

:thumb: :bravo::Namaste::cheer::party:

Wow! 119 degrees! Thats crazy..... Talk about fast drying! Hopefully it didnt affect the buds in those few hours. Try and dry them at 70 degrees and around 50-55 RH.

You can see how you like to harvest and it may work for you but i would have cut most of those leaves off before you hung them. I left some leaves on my last grow and never again lol... Took me 10 hours to trim the buds. After about 24 hours all the leaves start drying out and the drop down and get all over the bud and get so small.

Those buds you have look good! Cant wait to see your next grow with your knowledge now! Get them all dried and post us some finish product!! Im excited to see.

Great job and great documentation on this grow! Keep up the good work.... and of course

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST HARVEST!

:thumb: :bravo::Namaste::cheer::party:

Thanks Hunter - Its has been great getting to know you. Its great making friends on here and you have been a tremendous help for me!!! Everyone has THANK YOU!!!!!

Yea some of the back nugs by the fan dried too much to bud wash so i just placed them in the trim to blow some wax. I left larger leaves on if they had ANY trichs so they would be washed as i used some pest management solutions pretty late in flower. I wanted to wash it all off. As a day or so has gone by i am noticing the larger fan leaves shriveling next to the buds lol so thank you for confirming this will suck hahahahahaha....... I just wanted to make sure everything was washed lol..... well see how much i regret that hahaha

Back
Top Bottom