Gavita 1000e Series - A Doc Bud Journal/Review

The space is actually a 6x8 and is only 6ft tall. So I would say my footprint is close to 4x4 or maybe slightly bigger. I have a medium size A/C window unit cooling the room. So what size and type of light would you recommend? I really am new but have been reading these journal's for about a month now and really wanted some advice from this site. I also would love some HB, but I'm 45 post from being able to order..LOL.. Thanks for your help

The space is actually a 6x8 and is only 6ft tall. So I would say my footprint is close to 4x4 or maybe slightly bigger. I have a medium size A/C window unit cooling the room. So what size and type of light would you recommend? I really am new but have been reading these journal's for about a month now and really wanted some advice from this site. I also would love some HB, but I'm 45 post from being able to order..LOL.. Thanks for your help

Check my thread 'D'.

Yup. Duggan's got a similar situation. I'd say you definitely want LED in that type of space.

Yep!

Picture_001356.jpg
Picture_012230.jpg

I've got two of these covering a 4x8 tray. As of right now, I've only got six plants under the lights. I'm still testing the environment and tweaking controls but so far the lights seem to put out very little extra heat, when compared to vented HID's or even some LED's!

They cost about 450 to 500 bucks each, including the bulbs. Ballasts are already attached.

The lights can be linked together with a Gavita Master Controller, which will turn them on/off individually and auto-dim if temps get too high. This auto-dim feature is absolutely fantastic!

They put out so much light I actually believe I could get a sunburn under them!

Picture_017140.jpg
Picture_016147.jpg
Picture_015183.jpg
Picture_014208.jpg
Picture_013208.jpg
Picture_020128.jpg
Picture_010256.jpg
Picture_008264.jpg
Picture_007292.jpg
Picture_006312.jpg

As I get more plants ready to place under the lights, I'll update accordingly.

Folks, these lights are in another league....

I thought I'd take a second to say a few things about these lights AND a few things about the sponsor who provided the lights: Growitbest - Hydroponic Garden Supplies at Huge Discounts

Grow It Best was founded in 2012 by two Humboldt County gardeners with over 20 years of combined experience. Their motto was give exceptional customer service and great deals to each customer and they'll be much more likely to come back, and it's worked. Growitbest.com offers thousands of hydroponic gardening supplies just above the wholesale costs. As always, the is no sales tax, shipping is fast and discrete!

Feel free to browse our huge inventory of nutrients and supplements from General Hydroponics, Roots Organics, Botanicare, Humboldt County's Own, Humboldt Nutrients, Fox Farm, BioAg, General Organics, Nectar for the Gods, and many more.

We also carry tons of indoor gardening equipment including reflectors, fluorescent lights, Metal Halide and HPS bulbs, LED fixtures, inline and oscillating fans, carbon filters, smart pots, containers, jars, titan controllers, co2 regulators, magnetic and digital ballasts, hydroponic pumps, tubing, rockwool, coco, soil, perlite, and TONS more!

This company understands our needs. They provide excellent products at rock bottom prices and on top of that they have customer service! I love Growitbest.com.

Look at these deals:

Gavita Pro 6/750de Flex 383.90!!:thumb: Free shipping! :thanks:

Gavita Pro 1000e DE $464.20!!

Gavita Master Controller EL2 Use this to control several lights all at once, and use the auto-dim feature (included in every Pro de series) so that if your temps get high, the lights automatically dim (NOT SHUT DOWN) until temps are in range again.

There are other lights and controllers as well. I highly recommend perusing this fantastic sponsor's website and encourage everyone to check their prices and shipping policies BEFORE purchasing elsewhere. These guys know who we are and what we do!
Hey Doc.
I know this is an old thread but i just purchased one Gavita 1000w. Pick it up tomorrow, so stolked.
My grow room is 1.2m wide by 2m long. I will be using the back 1.5m to grow in and the other 0.5m is to stand and work in. My question is will the 1 light be enough?
Many thanks.

Damn man, I wish we got stuff like this here in SA. I would be all over it like a rash.

Subbed
You do now mate Gavita is in SA!!

Well, larger pots would perhaps be a good idea. Someday I'll get off my lazy ass and buy some larger pots.

Feeding on the heavy side will also help a bit, although these landrace strains do better with less. Foliar feeding is also critical with these.

So far, so good!
How far into flower would you use a foliar spray?
I guess not to far in.

Hi GB! Thanks for reading this old journal!

The last time I spray is usually 3 days before harvest. Study up on budwashing.
Budwashing it is then.
Thanks doc!!

Back
Top Bottom