GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Hey GG7.. How you going mate?
Hope all has been well and youre enjoying your Easter break:) Whats news buddy?? When you get a chance youll have to LOAD US SUM PICS!
And mate - THANKING YOU SO MUCH!!:thanks: For the BPN gear bro, I believe that Lucy is liking this shit ay:) I broke her neck the other day and patched her back together, fed her some Liquid Blue and Seaweed and she s still kicking it and is showing great fresh green growth all around atm - I hope she stays this way. BUT CHEERS - Youre a champ!!
All the best and let us know how youre going ok.. Take care - Smokemup

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Guys I believe he s ok... He will probably just be takin some time for himself atm.. Chat soon GG;)

Guys I believe he s ok... He will probably just be takin some time for himself atm.. Chat soon GG;)

Hey guys!

Yep! I'm still alive! Just been really busy sorting out my Dad's estate and crap like that. Been down in So Cal for the last 3 weeeks and just got back yesterday.

Here are the latest photos of the project!

CS Seed Project Photo Update:

P10104322.JPG
P10105271.JPG

You can see that the male flowers are mixed in with normal female looking flowers. I am assuming that these buds will pollenate themselves?

P10105292.JPG
P1010530.JPG

Photos taken this morning of the untreated GDP clone that I pollenated with the GDP pollen that TC sent me. Looks like seeds are starting to develop on all the bud sites I brushed it onto. Sorry that the focus isn't the best on all these. I was having trouble getting the old camera to focus on the right spot, but you get the idea!

P10105312.JPG
P10105333.JPG
P10105321.JPG

The other two clones in the bathtub space still under the 18/6 light cycle. All the small pots to the right are my 2013 Jalapeno pepper crop. Just planted those last week and am waiting for them to pop up in the next 7-10 days.

P10105352.JPG
P10105364.JPG

GDP #1 moved outside!
I needed to make room in the bathtub grow space for my peppers, so GDP #1 had to come outside. Hopefully the light levels are long enough at this point that it doesn't start going into flower mode like what happened last year.

P10105374.JPG
P10105382.JPG

So there ya have the latest!

I also wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to sell my Classic Volcano Vaporizer kit! I just don't use it enough to justify keeping it, and I could definitely use the cash! PM me if you are interested. I have all the various accessories including 4 of the Easy Valve bags with three of those still factory sealed and unused, the owners manual etc. etc. eetc.

I would like to get $400.00 for it if I can. It only has about 4 sessions on it since I bought it new back in Feb. of 2011. I figured I would give my 420 Mag buddies first crack at buying a brand new very lightly used Volcano for a good price from someone you know! :)

Will be putting it up on eBay a week from today if no one here is interested.

Thanks for keeping this thread going while I was away you guys! Much appreciated! I will try to sit down and get caught up on what I have missed on here and will reply accordingly during the coming week.

Cheers guys! :thumb:

glad to see all is well gg the cs plant should create seed but the very best seeds will be if you collect pollen from it and dust a normal female, man that gdp mom got big! ,i just got a grip of feminized blue cheese and blue mystic beans, im working on some blue dream and gdp next:thumb:

Thanks Man!

I am waiting for those flowers to get a little larger before I try to get pollen out of them. They are much smaller than your typical male flowers as you can see from the photos. Short of chopping the bud off and using it as a paint brush to hit the remaining buds on the untreated GDP female, I don't know how to collect the pollen from them. Not much there so far.

All in all I think the CS process is more trouble than its worth. I can see the value if you have no other way to get seeds from a strain, but since Tactical Grow sent me some of his GDP male plant pollen, it has taken the urgency out of this whole thing.

The untreated GDP is definitely producing seeds from that pollenation, so I will be getting some Ken's GDP seeds that way!

Welcome back my friend... Good to see your GDP outside, looks like a great mother.. Take care and will chat soon ok buddy! Oh and guess what - The BPN Vita Blue and Seaweed kicks butt - Lucy is showing nice fresh growth fairly rapidly everyday - even after me snapping the stem. Cheers mate, Smokemup

Good to see ya back GG!
Damn that's a huge mum.
:cheer:

REALLY good work getting the male flowers!! Plus rep to ya.

Remember, the buds treated with the CS you CANNOT smoke. I know, I know. I don't need to tell **you** that, but anyone following along, will see the male/female flowers together, and someone might attempt the save the bud for consumption.

Remember, the buds treated with the CS you CANNOT smoke. I know, I know. I don't need to tell **you** that, but anyone following along, will see the male/female flowers together, and someone might attempt the save the bud for consumption.
agreed however it does not have to be wasted
defo not for smoke or vape, but in edibles its ok i have been doing it for 2 years the silver oxide that can be harmful is not created when they are in browines n such, also its ok for topical balms n such or any direct consumption not involving direct heat or flame ,untill then its still just regular old colloidal silver in very trace amounts good looking out J:thumb:

Welcome back my friend... Good to see your GDP outside, looks like a great mother.. Take care and will chat soon ok buddy! Oh and guess what - The BPN Vita Blue and Seaweed kicks butt - Lucy is showing nice fresh growth fairly rapidly everyday - even after me snapping the stem. Cheers mate, Smokemup

Thanks Man!

Glad to hear that your plants are doing so well now! Good job! :)

Good to see ya back GG!
Damn that's a huge mum.
420-cheerleader.gif

Thanks Vick! YEah! She definitely revegged nicely!! I have had to top that plant four times over the last two months cause my lights in the bathroom are as high as they can go, and I have just been watching the hours of daylight waiting until it was relatively safe to put her outside without her trying to go into flower mode! Then there is also the frost threat too.

Although it has been a lot warmer than normal this time of yeaer, we just had a low pressure system move through the Sierra that dropped the lows into the high 30 last night! The plant was fine, and I hope that helped to kill of the spider mites that were starting to multiply on that plant when it was indoors. Don't know where the hell those things come from!

Seems I spray and spray and they still manage to make a comeback eventually! :( One thing I have leared over the years thogh, is that if you can get the plant outside while we are still having relatively cold overnights, the low temps seems to kill the buggers off and then you can go the rest of the season mite free.

I really feel for indoor only growers! Must be a royal pain keeping the Spider Mites from taking over the entire plant!

I HATE THOSE THINGS!!

Hey Jandre!

Thanks man! YEah... I read all about the dos and don'ts of using the CS stuff. I had no plans to consume those flower buds in any capacity. I am still somewhat unsure how I am going to get that CS generated pollen off the flower tops and onto the untreated GDP female. I did leave a few of the bud sites untouched so I could hit those with the CS generated pollen if I actually ended up with any.

I used Tactical's GDP pollen on the main cola and all the secondary colas, but everything below those upper tips is still unfertilized.

Do you guys think I should just snip the flower tops off and use them as a paint brush and smush the flower top into the bud sites that have yet to receive any pollen?

P.S>... Don't forget to ask around to see if you know anyone in the market for a mint condition Classic Volcano vaporizer! Does 420 have a classifieds section? I thought it might be easier to sell that to someone on here since most folks know who I am on here, and I can of course provide my usual high res photos of the unit and all the stuff I am including with it. I think $400.00 is a real good deal and I never sent in the warranty card either!

Let me know!

Like I said... If I haven't gotten any bites on it here by Saturday night, I will be listiung on eBAY on Sunday.

I am still somewhat unsure how I am going to get that CS generated pollen off the flower tops and onto the untreated GDP female. I did leave a few of the bud sites untouched so I could hit those with the CS generated pollen if I actually ended up with any.

I used Tactical's GDP pollen on the main cola and all the secondary colas, but everything below those upper tips is still unfertilized.

You can go about collection a few ways. Before I go into that, though, Has that pollen gotten wet at all?

Now as far as the collection goes, I recommend the following:
A) DEFOLIATE a collection site on the male.
B) Dispose of leaves that got dusted with pollen in a pail of water.
(water will kill most of the pollen as well as keep it from floating around to any other plants you may have)
C) Carefully bag up the male flowers while still on the plant.
D) Snip the branch off below the bag.
E) Shake the holy crap out of the flowers inside the bag.
F) Remove the stem and flowers from the bag, and dunk them into a pail of water.
GG7) Use a small paintbrush to very carefully dab the pollen onto the buds you want to pollinate.
H) Bag up treated buds for 30 min, then remove bags and mist with water to kill any loose pollen.

Pollination, and fertilization of the ovum takes mere minutes in cannabis. Any female flowers that received pollen that was active and if fertilization was successful, the pistils will recede and turn color within 24 hours.

Pollination facts for those reading that would like more info:
When a pollen grain lands on or is carried to the receptive tissue of a pistil known as the stigma, the flower has been pollinated. But this is only the first step in a complicated process that, if successful, leads to fertilization. The pollen grain contains two cells- a generative cell and a tube cell. The generative nucleus divides to form two sperm nuclei. The tube cell grows down into the pistil until it reaches one of the ovules contained in the ovary. The two sperm travel down the tube and enter the ovule. There, one sperm nucleus unites with the egg. The other sperm nucleus combines with the polar nuclei that exist in the ovule, completing the process known as double fertilization. These fertilized nuclei then develop into the endocarp, the tissue that feeds the embryo. The ovule itself develops into a seed that is contained in the flower's ovary (which ripens into a fruit). In gymnosperms, the ovule is exposed (that is, not contained in an ovary), and the pollen produced by the male reproductive structures lands directly on the ovule in the female reproductive structures.

Here ya' go, Brother:

[video=youtube;xpBgHGu_FEs]
[/video]

I don't believe :420: has a classified section to help protect its members. :Namaste:

Hey GG so glad your back. I went a different route and added CS to my DWC res and it started to show nanners and producing seeds. havent had any male flowers/ball sacks show up though. Ill do the regular misting as you did on the next clones. Your GDP 1 is huge. Nice mother plant. :)

Thanks guys!

More crap I have had to deal with. Sorry for not getting back sooner.

The pollen flowers on these CS flower tops is really small, so it isn't like a normal male plant. They haven't gotten wet, but I am giving them more time to develop before I try to dust them onto the non treated female plant in that same space.

I will keep you guys posted as soon as I can.

Need to go back down to So Cal, so I will be offline for the next week. Will post a photo update when I get back.

Talk to ya then! :)

Thanks guys!

More crap I have had to deal with. Sorry for not getting back sooner.

The pollen flowers on these CS flower tops is really small, so it isn't like a normal male plant. They haven't gotten wet, but I am giving them more time to develop before I try to dust them onto the non treated female plant in that same space.

I will keep you guys posted as soon as I can.

Need to go back down to So Cal, so I will be offline for the next week. Will post a photo update when I get back.

Talk to ya then! :)

Take care bro, no hurry.......:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom