GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

I sure hope you win that bet. And it's real legalization, not a depressing control and money grab such as has been happening in too many other areas

He's only just been elected, but already I feel much, much less paranoid about the two little plants I'm growing :) It just seems insane to me, that this plant, with so many marvellous qualities, is so despised and controlled and vilified. Growing it has made me respect the herb even more and the older (and creakier) I get the more I respect its calming and pain relieving abilities.

Woo hoo looking good over here GG! Congrats on the sticky trim collections and the prime minister guy lol. Take it easy

Just found your grow journal GlimmerG. Pure awesome I have to say. You have done a magnificent job and my hats off your tenacity and care with those beautiful young ladies. Subbed.

I have been a member to this site only a couple months, and had decided immediately I was going to do my own grow. So after reading some grow journals, I bought the Early Miss Auto from my local head shop. Five seeds, and made what I now know is the mistake of planting them all as I was afraid of how many would germinate. Well here's to 100%. Its for this reason, I was looking for an idea of the size my Early Miss girls will get, and how I stumbled on your journal.

They are 3 weeks this past Thursday, and getting bigger by the day. I have made my own home made grow box out a large closet packer, but realize I might have to flower them sooner, or go big time to get a tent. My problem is the space I have to grow, is in the storage of the stairs, and it would limit the size of tent I can get. I knew I was being over-zealous, but convinced myself they would not germinate or I would have to pluck males or hermies, so it would be best to grow them all.

Any idea of the height vs yield and if I stunt them could I get away with keeping them where they are? At just three weeks, I didn't take pictures or start an online journal until on Thursday I saw pre-flowers on two and now today two more. Oy-vey. What a wonderful problem.

cheers on the grow, and if anyone has advise. I promise I have learned my lesson. lol.

Just found your grow journal GlimmerG. Pure awesome I have to say. You have done a magnificent job and my hats off your tenacity and care with those beautiful young ladies. Subbed.

I have been a member to this site only a couple months, and had decided immediately I was going to do my own grow. So after reading some grow journals, I bought the Early Miss Auto from my local head shop. Five seeds, and made what I now know is the mistake of planting them all as I was afraid of how many would germinate. Well here's to 100%. Its for this reason, I was looking for an idea of the size my Early Miss girls will get, and how I stumbled on your journal.

They are 3 weeks this past Thursday, and getting bigger by the day. I have made my own home made grow box out a large closet packer, but realize I might have to flower them sooner, or go big time to get a tent. My problem is the space I have to grow, is in the storage of the stairs, and it would limit the size of tent I can get. I knew I was being over-zealous, but convinced myself they would not germinate or I would have to pluck males or hermies, so it would be best to grow them all.

Any idea of the height vs yield and if I stunt them could I get away with keeping them where they are? At just three weeks, I didn't take pictures or start an online journal until on Thursday I saw pre-flowers on two and now today two more. Oy-vey. What a wonderful problem.

cheers on the grow, and if anyone has advise. I promise I have learned my lesson. lol.

Welcome GTechie. I'll leave the official hello to the lady of the house, but I was curious as to whether or not you've considered starting your own grow journal? There's no faster way to gather a group of eager advisors and to become more enmeshed in our community.

I don't know anything about the strain you chose, but as a fellow cultivator working in limited indoor spaces I know you're in trouble if you don't either cull a couple plants out or do some rediculous training and defoliation. With rediculous training and defoliation you may pull it off, but ask yourself if you'll have as much fun as that sounds at the outset? :laughtwo:

Good luck. I look forward to watching you grow in stature as a member of our virtual neighborhood. Someone will be along with just the answer you seek. It's that kind of helpful group, particularly around here. I think it might be the Canadian air. :battingeyelashes:

Hey, guys! So my husband and I are on the road, taking care of business, and we're sitting in a bar in Toronto :) I now have a sec to upload the photos I took before we left.

Here are the girls under the LEDs:

IMG_60703.jpg

And here they are on the SWICK I made using a 10 gallon Rubbermaid tote, that measured about 14' wide, 24 inches long and 8 inches deep.

IMG_60745.jpg

They are still a thicket, even though I removed mostly everything on the lowest 7 inches of the plant and culled a number of small flower stalks to thin things out. I know that my next grow will be tidier, because I plan to have more access to the lower part of the plants earlier :)

When we left the temps were pretty steady between 69.4 (lights off/night) and 74.9 (lights on/day) and and the RH was between 61 and 64%. The lights are 18/6 on/off, the plants have plenty of circulation, I checked practically every leaf and no signs of insects/mold/strange sex organs.

I feel really odd not being able to check on them every day. I worry about what we're going to come home to!

Also, I miss them :love:

They were smelling SO good. It's really different from dried/cured bud smell, at least to me. It's a vibrant, ALIVE, green smell full of promise :)

Thank you, my friends, for stopping by!

Hey Glimmer!! Hope you and the hubby are having a good time on the road! I just spent quite a few days away from my garden, and I had proper withdrawals. So I'm feeling you there!

Your girls look amazing, and are really flowering hard. You must be such a proud mum!! I can almost smell them from here.

Happy travels Glim, you get back to your :420: family safely. We will miss you!!

Holy cow those plants look tasty already! Safe travels friend!

Hi, lexort -- thank you! I think they're looking good, but most of the photos I see of blooms show huge colas right before harvesting :) I love those journals and sites that show me all the stages so I have a better idea what to expect :)

The trip is going well, but it's really hard being away from the girls! Thanks for the good wishes!

Hey Glimmer!! Hope you and the hubby are having a good time on the road! I just spent quite a few days away from my garden, and I had proper withdrawals. So I'm feeling you there!

Your girls look amazing, and are really flowering hard. You must be such a proud mum!! I can almost smell them from here.

Happy travels Glim, you get back to your :420: family safely. We will miss you!!

Oh my goodness, WS -- it's killing me to be away from them. Yesterday was their 9 week-above-soil birthday and I hated not being able to tell them how marvellous they are :)

I wish I could monitor everything long distance -- there should be an app for that. Hook up your temps and humidity and water level and have a camera ... I suppose a series of web cams trained on different things would work in a pinch. WHY DIDN"T I DO THAT????

heh heh heh

Hey Glimmer, these do look awesome. What kind of light did you have before? We are having trouble with our LED, just curious, it's suppose to be full spectrum. Is your new light full spectrum, or does it have one switch for veg and a different switch for bloom? Thanks for your help.:Namaste:
Morrum

Oh my goodness, WS -- it's killing me to be away from them. Yesterday was their 9 week-above-soil birthday and I hated not being able to tell them how marvellous they are :)

I wish I could monitor everything long distance -- there should be an app for that. Hook up your temps and humidity and water level and have a camera ... I suppose a series of web cams trained on different things would work in a pinch. WHY DIDN"T I DO THAT????

heh heh heh
Great idea Glimmer, it would be an excellent app.
We all invest time, energy, and luv into them plants.

heh heh heh

You need to copywrite an idea like that Glim! You could be sitting on a million dollar phone app!!

they look great!.
need some more info on the swick system please

The link is in my signature Brewer. We're still working out the particulars, but many of us have used it to great success.

And may I take the time to welcome you to our virtual neighborhood. I believe you'll find the :420: community unlike any other. If we can help you settle in please let us know your needs. It's a very friendly neighborhood and my Canadian friends on this thread even more so. :battingeyelashes: Are you growing? Planning to grow? Thinking of starting a journal? I can tell you, and many in this room can testify, it's the best way to help yourself to a healthy harvest and make a bevy of new friends in the process.

heh heh heh

Actually this is being worked on. Skybound is probably the 420 member who has done the most research on this. Check out his automation thread if you're interested. I haven't checked it for a while so not sure what he is up to these days but last I checked he was doggedly working at it from the ground up, armed apparently with nothing but the internet and a brilliant mind. I think JoJo has done some work in the direction too, and there are many commercial efforts to make this idea a reality. I don't have time to make a diy version but if a secure option ever came available for sale I would love it.

hi sue, ive got one grow complete, and started another couple of seeds about 2 weeks ago.......ive got a journal in here somewhere

Hey, guys! Thanks so much for checking in while I've been on the road! Sorry again I haven't been able to really attend here.

We're spending our last night in a hotel before heading home tomorrow. I am praying to an unspecified power (possibly Cannabia, the goddess of home growers) that my plants have survived their 10 days in their room on their swick in some kind of way. It's really hurting not to have been there to care for them as their buds fatten. I feel like a bad mum -- I just hope they're alive!

I also hope my reshipped package from Herbies shows up. My first one has been in Canadian Customs for almost a month -- I think it's seized :) Herbies has been great about it, though! It's got my Humboldt Blue Dream auto and my Sweet Dark Devil auto for my next grow :)

See you soon! Update tomorrow evening!

Back
Top Bottom