Growing 6 Plants - Vegging For 4 Months

joedaddy805

So today i just put 6 seeds in soil to start my next grow. I have them in a dome with a heating pad under neath it. I sprouted some seeds like this before so I thought I would keep doing it. I'm gonna be growing in fox farm soil outside. What I plan on doing is veg'ing these till April when the time changes and using the sun for my 12hrs of light then put them in my tent for there 12hrs of darkness. My tent is outside but it works for me. I do my grows a lil different cause I'm a cheapskate. Plus i don't have room to put it inside cause its a real big tent. So i also plan on topping them just twice or maybe once not to sure yet. But i'm not gonna top it like my other plant I got a lil crazy with that one I think I topped it 10 times. So i'm hoping i can get these plants pretty big and get a good amount of bud off of them. So for now not much else going on i'll post some pics when they sprout then update about once a week.

Oh I don't know what kind of seeds they are. I got some from my last plant that hermied, and 2 of the seeds are from a friend that gave them to me. Hopefully after they flower someone can tell me what they are.

Any input would be welcomed i'm new to growing so all the help I can get is helpful and i'm grateful for all help.
I love this forum all the other suck ass.

20131229_152137.jpg

Re: Growing 6 plants (Vegging for 4 months)

I just woke up this morning to find out 5 of the 6 have sprouted already. I'm thinking by the end of the day the last one should (break on through to the otherside)looks like im gonna have all my seed sprout. I wish i could clone as easy as sprouting some seeds.

so how soon should i start giving these babies some nutes. i have fox farm big bloom,grow big and cal/mag.i guess for the first 3 weeks I'm suppose to use big bloom then go the rest of the time with grow big while using cal/mag the whole time since I'm using RO water. If this doesn't sound right please let me know so i don't mess these up.

Also how do you stop plants from stretching i have the light real close to them but they seem to just keep growing. when it comes time to transplant can i just put the stem a lil deeper in the soil. so that way its not so tall.

is it good to use fox farm happy frog and ocean forest together a 50/50 mix. i bought some today and thought about using this mix when i put my babies in a lil bigger pot. i plan on going up in pot size real slow as to give if fresh soil as the roots grow. that way they get some nice soil that is strong every time the roots reach out every time i transplant .

yea its probably beter you mix happy frog with ocean forest 50/50
ocean forest is hot for seedlings
as far as when to start feeding you need to wait a bit don't need to feed right away
listen to the plant it will tell you when you should start feeding it
sounds corny but its true theres things in the soil to help support the plant without feeding right away
like my ogk clone grown straight in ffof but it was a rooted clone not a seedling
its still on straight water in flower haven't used any nutes yet maybe some to help the buds get bigger might have helped but the plant in itself is doing well just on the soil, and also when it is a seedling it can support itself for a bit without nutes
but with the soil your using it will get nutes just from the soil
as far as the nutes your using im not sure best I can tell you is go to the manufacturers website
and see if they have a feed schedule most nutrient companies have feed schedules
for stretching it all depends on the plant if its a reg seed a male will stretch and grow out faster than a female usually but not always
best you can do is keep the lights as close as possible
once you switch to 12/12 they will stretch more so dependent on how big you want them is when you flip

Would it hurt the plant if I place the stems a Lil deeper in the soil when i go to transplant them? Will it rot out the stem from being under soil? That way they aren't sitting so high in the pot. Since u say the ffof is a Lil hot for them should I just use the happy frog only for now

should be ok if you mix them up or if your too worried then yes start them in the happy frog when you transplant them then into a 50/50 mix
but I think the 50/50 would be fine to start with
it should also be fine if you bury the plant a little deep when you do transplant

I like the coke cooler lol
Happy Tokerday Joe :thumb:

I have another question what is the coldest these seedling can get without hurting the. the temp got to 45 last night but they don't have any wind or frost hitting them. i have my lil cooler outside and i have too leave the door cracked all the time so the temp stays around 75 when the lights are on and drops to 45 when the lights are off.

wow that's a big drop man
don't know about how that kinda of temp diff affects plants
need one of these frozen people to answer
in fact I think most of the country is freezing their asses off now

Hey Joe, from my experience, that temp won't hurt your plants, but it might slow them down a bit. I would definitely try to keep them above 60 degrees at night if you want fast growth. At the very least, try to avoid freezing temps.

Back
Top Bottom