H00k's Not So Hillbilly This Time Grow - Girlz 2017

Just a thought.... being up North and taking 1 attempt.... are you going to put all your eggs in one basket? I have no doubts your soil will work very well. Still, I'd be inclined to run a couple in exactly what you did last year. Then again, I'm super conservative in just about everything I do.

I think you should pop them magic beans now! They won't stink for a month and who needs a kitchen anyway!

I'm sorry I hadn't read up your journal... I usually just look at pics and don't read much. And I feel kind of stupid about not knowing what I was saying about your Mother.. Sorry guy. I can say that least you got to know your mother. I never got to know mine,, but I think of things like this,, as long as she's in your thoughts,, she's not gone.
Looks like you got your hands full getting prepped for the gardens.. I use to use a cement mixer fo damn near everything,, from mixing your soils, to cleaning grow rocks. I'm doing the same here,, cept I don't go thru all the cooking thing. I haven't done compost for awhile. Well hope the best for ya,, GL and Keepem Green

Quick update...watered an topped the stage 1 auto's yesterday...and lowered the pots a couple inches...liking the structure of the OG... PE is a lil' more bushy than I prefer at this point...but... it's still early...3 weeks......Got ceiling painted yesterday and cleaned up the girlz portion of shed...

...Pineapple Express...
P10602501.JPG

...West Coast OG(not GWS)...forgot to spin the the label marker...
P10602491.JPG

hoped to have the new LED's hung today...company today, put a halt to that...no biggie ...I have time..left my 70 watt

wall pack's in the room......should more horse power be needed...got 500 watts worth ready to go...projected layout...
P10602481.JPG

P10602471.JPG

...the space in the middle on each side will be filled with 65 watt(2700k) CFL's during veg, switching to 85 watt(6500k) after flip...

...1 Viparspectra 450...200 actual watts...
...2 Roleadro 400 COB's...200X2 actual watts...
...4 Kingplus UFO 300's...140X4 actual watts...
...2 CFL's...65X2 actual watts...then 85X2 actual watts...

...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Just a thought.... being up North and taking 1 attempt.... are you going to put all your eggs in one basket? I have no doubts your soil will work very well. Still, I'd be inclined to run a couple in exactly what you did last year. Then again, I'm super conservative in just about everything I do.

I think you should pop them magic beans now! They won't stink for a month and who needs a kitchen anyway!

That thought did cross my mind too...but I think it should be fine...seedlings will be in conventional soil in 4 inchers before going to 1's...then 7's/10's? in the new blend...will get the beans going in a week or so...that should work for them getting outside in the shed by the end of the month...the auto's are currently in the same soil mix...only difference, I didn't let it cook...so far, they seem to like it...I'm pretty conservative too, but not too worried about this endeavor...even if it all went south...stash could almost get me to next year...lolooll...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

I'm sorry I hadn't read up your journal... I usually just look at pics and don't read much. And I feel kind of stupid about not knowing what I was saying about your Mother.. Sorry guy. I can say that least you got to know your mother. I never got to know mine,, but I think of things like this,, as long as she's in your thoughts,, she's not gone.
Looks like you got your hands full getting prepped for the gardens.. I use to use a cement mixer fo damn near everything,, from mixing your soils, to cleaning grow rocks. I'm doing the same here,, cept I don't go thru all the cooking thing. I haven't done compost for awhile. Well hope the best for ya,, GL and Keepem Green

No probs Woodie...and yeah lots of good memories...cement mixer...I've eyed them up when they go on sale, but can't justify the purchase for my once a year grow...not sure if the cooking is necessary...but given the temps here...I have the time to give it a whirl...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey there Doc.. sub'd for the flowers...

Organic soil is my thing... lemme know if you have any questions.

Best thing to do is get your soil mix tested at the local/county extension.. usually tests are cheap and done thru your state university system. The soil test will tell you EXACTLY what you need or don't need.

Love the shed bro.. you have a log cabin to go with?? Props on the DIY lighting. :thumb:

Also ... sorry about your mom... that's one of the toughest things to live thru... your dad feels it every second.. show him your love. :Namaste: My prayers are with you and yours.

Thanks bob for stopping by...appreciate it...no doubt I will have some ?'s regarding my foray to a organic style and will ask if I have concerns...almost any reading I've done also recommends soil analysis...but seem to refer to amending natural soil...north of the 49th parallel here and not sure if I can find such a service locally, although we do have a univernsity...will be looking into that!...My thinking in building a soil is based on a lot of reading...and a lot of differing opinions on what/what not to add...ultimately, ended up with my recipe...any thoughts on my recipe?
... Yes..the shed matches our house done the same color...thanks also for my DIY light build comment...turned out OK...think it will be sufficient for the stage 1 auto's once they move out to their lil' corner of the shed...
...Thanks also for thoughts on Mom and Dad...Ya know it's inevitable...but...definitely numbing when it happens...neither my Dad or myself are touchy/feely types...but there have been more hugs in the last 3 weeks than probably the last 50 years...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Evening!...quick update...got the LED's hung in the main room and wired in a couple receptacles above the lights which will clean up spaghetti wiring somewhat ... and got the lil' grow room built for the stage 1 autos, for when they're ready to o outside and my DIY fixture installed in that...may get pics and details up tomorrow evening...most likely Monday...Celebration of Life weekend...family in from across Canada...a silver lining!...Dad is doing well...as am I...appreciative of all family that traveled for the celebration...

Anyway"s...pics and details up in a day or two...Cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Thanks Improv!...and welcome...well...given the amount of family showing up today...thought it would be prudent to move the stage 1 autos out of the basement out to their own lil' room out in the shed...at least till sundown...decided fork it...they need some horsepower light...lets play it out...out there...at 7:30 p.m. Eastern...temp/RH in their room was basically 70/70 under just the DIY light...gonna need some heat tonight as forecast low is 2C...considering the humidity is high...and my ancient dehummer throws a lot of heat...gonna try running just that in the shed instead of plugging in a little heater...will find out in the morning how this decision goes!??...will prolly get pics up tomorrow hopefully...To all the 420 Mom's...Happy Mothers Day!!...Hope it was Great!!...got some of Mom's ashes today...gonna reflect on the best possible way to utilize them...a friend makes garden stone castings...that could add a vibe to our vegetable/flower gardens(She loved growing tomatoes, cukes,beans and gladiolas)...don't think she would approve of being out in the shed...anyway...long day...Cheerz!...h00k...:hookah:

Update with some pic's this time...

whats this?...
P1060256.JPG

a nice lil room for 2 autos to curl up in...
P10602711.JPG

it's about 27X42 inches and a more passively ventilated thus far...I have 2 4" holes near the bottom that I'm pushing air from the remaining area that isn't used for growing with a 8" fan...inside is also a small cube heater/fan combo on the floor and a 6" clip fan above the light at this time to circulate air out some 80 1/2 inch holes in the ceiling...this is working so far...with daytime temps maxing around 15C and overnight, 2 to 9C...

Two nights ago at 9:00 p.m. eastern...first pic outside...next inside...
P10602662.JPG

P10602622.JPG

That was with my ancient dehummer and only the inlet fan going...the following morning temp/RH was about 76F/47%...however...said dehummer is acting up and can't rely on it...this morning it was running but not working...damn!...
P10602731.JPG

Thats why I added the heater/fan today and can control till bedtime...I can work with that, but as temps/RH outside will be raising, I may have to get aggressive with ventilation...considering getting a 6 or 8 inch fan/filter unit for the main girlz room, and then do something with the 4 inch over there...I dunno...we'll see...the PE in the little room...
P10602721.JPG

A few shots of the main grow area with the lights on...20/20 hindsight...would have got a couple more cobs rather then full spectrum...but the lights were attained over quite a period of time and they were the last to purchased...gonna take a lil' time to get used to all the lights fan noise until the carbon filter gets fired up...oh!...and some dark sunglasses!...lolool...
P1060278.JPG

P1060276.JPG

P1060277.JPG

Thats about it for tonight...gonna go check things in the shed(currently 88%RH on the deck)...Have a great evening everyone!...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey there Dr.. looking BRITE in the grow room.. sub'd for plants! :smokin:

Auto's look good... getting big... that's A LOT of RH.. 88%... is it raining? good thing lights help keep the RH down. I'm on the East Coast USA and tis the season for humidity and temps.. was 99F in my flower room today and 94F outside. Pretty hot.. went from high 50sF to 94F in 2 days. I'm not used to the heat, but my ladies looked like .. hey about time!

Whats in VEG ??

Evening bob!...yeah...been raining off and on, foggy too!...bout' a thousand miles NW of Toronto...humidity shouldn't be a problem one would think!?...but come summer it can be...last year was unusually high...thats why I found a dehumidifier...a small(5000BTU) window shaker AC unit could also find its way into the mix this year...Whats in VEG?...well I'm a few days behind on that...should be determined in the next day or two...thinking about 8 plants/4 strains in the big room(knowing me...will prolly be 9 plants...lolool)...I will go thru inventory and decide on strains and get that info and the next stage started before the weekend is over,,,cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

...So...9 seeds went between the sheets yesterday...7 from Ace Seeds...and 2 from MJseeds.ca...

...2 Lilly's

...2 Sugar Loaf

...2 Purple Mexican

...1 Orient Express(freebie)

The above from ACE

...2 Malawi Gold

ordered from MJ Seeds(supplied by Crop King)

Kewl surprise today!...stopped by local feed/farm supply to get some seed potatoes and other stuff...Lo and Behold...a small display of Crop King Seeds and their paraphernalia!...was tempted to get some Green Crack seeds(same price as online)...but...didn't...also have some nutes that were only accessible online in these parts previously...

...Stage one auto's got a seaweed foliar yesterday...and a watering today..last week was a fish emulsion feeding...and the week before that just a watering...West Coast OG is throwing pistils...Pineapple Express was thinned a bit tied down some to open sites up...she's more squat and bushier than I prefer...hoping she gets some legs and gets some height...pics to come in the next day or two...

...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom