H00k's Not So Hillbilly This Time Grow - Girlz 2017

Nice thought...Prolly won't happen Gaz...she has not been able to verbalize much post op...pre op dementia has been amplified and response to stimulus has been minimal to none...tho' at one point telling my sister...tapping her finger to her head saying"not good up here...tired of living" ...hence the move to palliative care...sister has medical power of attorney and is a RN...as is missus h00k..family meeting last night including my Dad concluded it was the best option given present circumstance and past convictions by Mom...I apologize for bringing this journal down with personal issues...wasn't my intention...will try to stay on track here...but...thank all for thoughts/concerns/prayers...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Nice thought...Prolly won't happen Gaz...she has not been able to verbalize much post op...pre op dementia has been amplified and response to stimulus has been minimal to none...tho' at one point telling my sister...tapping her finger to her head saying"not good up here...tired of living" ...hence the move to palliative care...sister has medical power of attorney and is a RN...as is missus h00k..family meeting last night including my Dad concluded it was the best option given present circumstance and past convictions by Mom...I apologize for bringing this journal down with personal issues...wasn't my intention...will try to stay on track here...but...thank all for thoughts/concerns/prayers...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Please don't apologize, Thanks for sharing, I know its hard.
Don't want to bring you down so I will just end with She is in my Prayers

Best wishes for your Mother... Hope she makes a fast recovery... I never knew mine, she died when I was 4. GL and Keepem Green

Thanks Woodie! ...recovery doesn't seem like an option...makes the pill harder to swallow...my concern is now shifting to my Dad...taking it's toll on a vibrant young 92 year old!(just approaching 67 years married to Mom)...will put up a pic or two soon on the stage one auto's soon...Hope your health concerns are in check...cheerz!...h00k...:hookah:

Good afternoon...just a quick update on the the two auto's...they're doing fine...been 12 days since the sprouts hit the dirt...Temp/RH varies from about 75/45 to 82/30...they are in my utility/laundry room, so if I do a load of clothes...RH will raise to 50ish...have a 6 inch fan blowing up from the floor...when they get a bit taller, I'll get a cross wind going...will prolly get a drink on the weekend with a lil' humic acid added to the water...anyway...a few pics...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

West Coast OG...
P10602251.JPG

Pineapple Express..
P10602261.JPG

Top dressed the girlz with some EWC/Compost mix...soil had settled some...also lowered the pots about 2 inches...
P10602271.JPG

Low Tech Humidifier...lolool...soaking these paper towels, with fan blowing on them will raise humidity about 8% for a few hours...once these 2 go outside the problem becomes higher RH...won't be for a while tho'...2 inches of snow last night, after 2 daze of ice storm...took me over an hour and a half to get into vehicles and make them driveable(think 1 "of ice on entire vehichles!)...
P10602281.JPG

Just doing a drive by... The slowest part of a grow is when she don't have any leaves.... Yet..
GL and Keepem Green

Quick update...spending some time in the shed cleaning...modifying...also started a spot for these 2 stage one auto's...also slapped together a shade for a small light array...hopefully get it wired up and the new ceiling in the GR painted on the weekend, and a batch of soil mixed and started cooking for the second stage of the grow...Day 18 since the girlz hit the dirt...looking good...although shorter than I'm used to...but, that's autos I suppose...

...Pineapple express...
P10602291.JPG

...West Coast OG...
P1060230.JPG

...Sad news...Mom passed last evening...silver lining...with the exception of the past 2 weeks, she was able to remain at home...

...So thats it for today...if I get some things accomplished this weekend...will put up some pics...cheerz..h00k...:hookah:

...Sad news...Mom passed last evening...silver lining...with the exception of the past 2 weeks, she was able to remain at home...

...So thats it for today...if I get some things accomplished this weekend...will put up some pics...cheerz..h00k...:hookah:

Sounds like she may have passed peacefully in Her sleep, I hope so.

Here is a poem I was given when my Mother passed a few years ago
and it did help a little so I will pass it along to you

I Have a place in Heaven

Please don't sing sad songs for me,
Forget your grief and fears,
For I am in a perfect place,
Away from pain and tears...
I'm far away from hunger,
and hurt and want and pride.
I have a place in Heaven,
With the Master at my side.
My life on earth was very good,
As earthly lives can go,
But paradise is so much more
Than anyone can know...
My heart is filled with happiness,
and sweet rejoicing, two.
To walk with God is perfect peace
A joy forever new.

Thanks Guy's...means a lot to me that virtual friends can share in my situation and I really appreciate your messages...not the way I intended this journal to go...but in reflection...it is a journal...and as such...should document things that affect the grow...this has slowed things somewhat...but not stopped it...

Nice poem Gaz...first two lines sums her up...as per her wishes...there will be no service...but rather a celebration of life, on Mothers day weekend and what would have been her 90th birthday...ironic? that family from western Canada were already scheduled to arrive that weekend...cosmos at work?...I was raised with religion...kinda let it slide over the years...but...a life altering event May 1st 2011 and subsequent occurrences have left me more spiritual than religious...but that's a story for another time and place...could prolly keep rambling all night...but I wont!...Mucho Gracias to all..If You Can't be With the Ones You Love...Love the Ones You're With...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Evening Buckaroo's(ettes)...good day today...made up some ground today on progress...my DIY hillbilly light fixture(can't help myself) is done...and werkin'!...stage 2 soil is mixed and cookin'...looking at the end of the month to get that goin'...tomorrow should see the ceiling painted...maybe some Leds hung ...we'll see if life intervenes!??...on to some pics...

...hillbilly light all wired up...front view...
P1060232.JPG

...back view...
P1060233.JPG

...LEDs on...
P1060234.JPG

...LEDs and CFLs...
P1060235.JPG

true watts...
P1060236.JPG

Pics were taken outside this afternoon...looking forward to getting it hung to see footprint and LUX readings...basically free...scrap wood on hand...the lil' LEDS were bought last year from a scratch ticket win...electrical components were courtesy of my pre retirement occupation...got a shout out out to my Bud who filled my position ...with a shopping list to replenish inventory...lolool...morally...it's compensation for unpaid overtime...truth!...

Soil mixing...I was originally inclined to go with Doc's kit...but...being a stubborn SOB...decided to try my hand at going it my style...my mix is ...
4 bags Promix HP with myco
30#s EWC
1 bag CIL potting mix with myco
2 cups bone meal
2 cups blood meal
2 cups gypsum
2 cups glacial rock dust
3 Tbs of humic acid to 5 gals of water for wetting mixture...

a few pic's...the line up...
P1060238.JPG

...pre mix...
P10602412.JPG
...post mix...
P1060242.JPG

...bout 70 gallons of mixed soil cooking now...
P10602431.JPG

P10602441.JPG

I'm winging it...any suggestions, concerns...greatly appreciated...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom