Heirloom's A Little Bit Of Everything - 2016 Journal

James, you're too far away. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I knew when I married Dale that his body was a ticking time bomb. The last twenty years were a non-stop run to stay ahead of death, filled with all the joy and passion we could pack into every available minute. I thought I was prepared for the end. I learned quickly that there's no way to prepare for losing such a vital part of who you are. I'll be honest, if Graytail hadn't held my hand the entire time I might not have made it. His attentiveness and the loving embrace of this community at large carried me through and still does. It took me nine months to discover mindful breathing, which pretty much got me back to a stable emotional foothold, and even that I found through the suggestion of Rob, our site owner.

It's one of those things we wish we could spare you but which must be endured. But by letting yourself be held in the loving embrace of this community that cares so deeply for you, your soul can find the means to express the pain instead of internalizing it. You're obviously capable of articulating the pain. We're capable of listening and loving you back to a place of peace. :love:

Wait... what just happened. JTG first off I want to say good luck and many many more days & years with your best friend Yarrow. Such a beautiful name for I'm sure a beautiful woman.

Your post about Yarrow's health issues hit me on many levels, brought tears to my eyes and also happiness in that you are in the here and now and are dealing with the challenges with a positive light and know at the end of the day, she's going where we all will go. How we get there that's the road we all must follow. Hold Yarrow's hand and she will lead you to the promised land. Remember it will be her time and maybe not yours. So come on back to the rest of us if we are still here if you're not done this mortal venture. As I write this my tears are welling up again, and I want to wish you and Yarrow all the best. Much love! :Namaste:

Then I got hit with the Colchicine info bomb and that hit me again... I have a Shar-Pei dog with Shar-Pei fever and Colchicine is the treatment to keep him alive. My buddy would have died several years ago (age 7) if not for this wonderful Colchicine treatment, he's 14 now and extremely healthy.

Yeah so James I want to thank you for sharing your life experience with this small crowd here on 420mag. I wish you many many more years with your friend Yarrow. She will always be with you my friend, that I can promise you.

Hello heirloom,

I'm late but am enjoying the spirit of this thread tremendously. I love the loving tone.

Plus I haven't seen gold marijuana since the 70s. Hope it's ok that I hang out here!:love:

You Know HL, When My Mentor Did His, I Was There Watching The Whole Thing, He Did Do 100 Seeds To Be Exact, Of These 92 Survived. The Others Never Opened And Were Disposed Of. But The Remaining 92 Seeds We Got Roughly 18 Females, And About 12 Males, So 30 Out Of 92 Seeds Germinated In The Colchicine(I STILL HAVE THE VERY OLD JOURNALS I KEPT FROM YEARS AGO, AND THIS IS WHAT LETS ME KNOW THE NUMBER OF PLANTS, FEMALES, MALES, AND HOW MANY TURNED POLPLOIDY OR NOT, TRY TO KEEP GOOD NOTES, IT IS IMPORTANT!!!), Became Polyploidy Seeds, Of These, As Already Stated, 18 Girls And 12 Boys, The Rest Were Diploid, Not Soaking In The Colchicine, So 62 Diploid Plants Altogether. He Of Course Did Not Do This Only Once, He Did It To Other Seed Strains As Well. He Used As Many Polyploid Females That He Could Get To Transfer Over Successfully, In His Garden. I Do Not Use Colchicine Myself, For Many Years, Yarrow Used To Be Given A Prescription Of It For About A Year, That She Never Took, So For A Few Years I Grew, I Used The Colchicine. Not Being Much Of A Crocus Masher, When The Scripts Ran Out, I Just Grew My Plants Without It, And Everything Worked Quite Alright!!! Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!!

BobBrown, Or Bob, Thank You For Your Words, Yarrow Is Actually My Wife Of Almost 22 Years, But SHE Is My Best Friend As Well, But I Think Of Her As My Wife, Than As My Best Friend, Which She Is Also, So Many People, Get Frantic When Searching For A Mate, That They Forget That When It Is Meant To Happen, It Will, You Do Not Have To Search For It, It Comes To You. I Have Tried To Explain This To My Not Wanting To Be Single Friends, And At First They Do Not Appreciate It, Then When They Meet THAT ONE, It Is Usually By Happenstance, You Know, Flying Wing Man With A Friend On A Double Date, And Either You End Up Starstruck By The Date For You, Or It Turns Out That The Girl Your Friend Took Out With You, Was Much More Interested In You(NOW I WOULD NEVER STEAL FROM A FRIEND LIKE THIS, UNLESS I TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TOO, AS THEIR ATTEMPT WAS AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE WITH THE GIRL THAT WAS THEIRS ON A DOUBLE DATE) Which Usually First Time They Dated, So It Should Not Be Considered A Loss By Them, But A Learning Experience. Unfortunately Some People Become Obsessed, Even When The Girl They Wish To Be With, Makes It Plain She Has No Interest, Yet Still He Persists. There Is Both Good And Bad Obsession. Good Obsession Is When, Even Though You Know She Has No Interest In You, You Can Still Just Admire From Afar, Dangerous Obsession Is When A Person Stalks An Individual, Refuses To Take NO For An Answer, And Seems To Always Show Up At The Same Places You Do/She-He Does, These Freaks Are Dangerous, And If You Have Another Male Intercede On Your Behalf By Saying To The Stalker, "BACK OFF, Or You Deal With Me!!!", And Even This Does Not Work Always, A Restraining Order Can Be Issued, But That Does Not Mean He'll Leave Well Enough Alone!!! All I Can Say Is Be Careful, Who You Choose To Date. Thank You, Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!! P.S. How The Heck Did I Go Off On This Tangent About Obsession, SORRY!!!

DRCANNABI, I Have Not Seen Gold, Really Nice Gold Herb, From Mexico, Usually Almost Entirely Seedless, As They Know To Cull All The Males, But Even I, As I Used To Grow Outdoors(IT NOW REALLY IS, USED TO, MAKES ME SAD!!!), Would Still Get The Unavoidable Seed Here And There, What Kind Of Gold Are You Speaking Of??? Acapulcan Gold,Maui Gold,Colombian Gold, Gold Thai(REAL THAI WEED, I HAVE NOT SEEN SINCE THE LATE 80's, LIKE 1987 TO BE EXACT), Is There A Picture Of This Herb, I Love Gold Herb, But The True Land Race Sativas That They Get It From Are Disappearing, Or Have Mostly. But Real Colombian Gold, Or Acapulcan Or Oaxcan, Is So Rare, Please Share A Picture Of It To Me, Please:high-five:!!! And Tell Me What Type It Is, If You Know, God I Love Gold Herb, Some Of The Best Herb I Ever Smoked!!! Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!!

BobBrown, Or Bob, Thank You For Your Words, Yarrow Is Actually My Wife Of Almost 22 Years, But SHE Is My Best Friend As Well, But I Think Of Her As My Wife, Than As My Best Friend, Which She Is Also, So Many People, Get Frantic When Searching For A Mate, That They Forget That When It Is Meant To Happen, It Will, You Do Not Have To Search For It, It Comes To You. I Have Tried To Explain This To My Not Wanting To Be Single Friends, And At First They Do Not Appreciate It, Then When They Meet THAT ONE, It Is Usually By Happenstance, You Know, Flying Wing Man With A Friend On A Double Date, And Either You End Up Starstruck By The Date For You, Or It Turns Out That The Girl Your Friend Took Out With You, Was Much More Interested In You(NOW I WOULD NEVER STEAL FROM A FRIEND LIKE THIS, UNLESS I TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TOO, AS THEIR ATTEMPT WAS AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE WITH THE GIRL THAT WAS THEIRS ON A DOUBLE DATE) Which Usually First Time They Dated, So It Should Not Be Considered A Loss By Them, But A Learning Experience. Unfortunately Some People Become Obsessed, Even When The Girl They Wish To Be With, Makes It Plain She Has No Interest, Yet Still He Persists. There Is Both Good And Bad Obsession. Good Obsession Is When, Even Though You Know She Has No Interest In You, You Can Still Just Admire From Afar, Dangerous Obsession Is When A Person Stalks An Individual, Refuses To Take NO For An Answer, And Seems To Always Show Up At The Same Places You Do/She-He Does, These Freaks Are Dangerous, And If You Have Another Male Intercede On Your Behalf By Saying To The Stalker, "BACK OFF, Or You Deal With Me!!!", And Even This Does Not Work Always, A Restraining Order Can Be Issued, But That Does Not Mean He'll Leave Well Enough Alone!!! All I Can Say Is Be Careful, Who You Choose To Date. Thank You, Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!! P.S. How The Heck Did I Go Off On This Tangent About Obsession, SORRY!!!

This made me laugh James. I knew a year before I met my husband that I'd meet him soon. No idea who he was or where he was or when I'd meet him. So for a year I looked everywhere, and couldn't find him. In frustration I gave up, told myself it was a pipe dream born out of the desperate need to be with my soulmate. Within a week a friend invited me to a party and Dale was there. He fell for me that night. It took me a couple weeks longer, but when I recognized who he was in my life it was like coming home.

Here I am, 35 years later and he's passed. Once again the universe let me know that I have a soulmate out there. Now I have to reign back the tendency to go looking for him. You'd think I'd have learned that lesson the first time. You'd be wrong in that assumption. I'm almost to the point of letting it go and being content to wait. My complicating factor is that I'm not wired like the average bear, and whomever this man is, wherever he is, I'm feeling his presence, making it that much harder not to look around for him.

I know it'll happen when the time is right. I just want that time to be right now, or maybe yesterday. :laughtwo:

DRCANNABI, I Have Not Seen Gold, Really Nice Gold Herb, From Mexico, Usually Almost Entirely Seedless, As They Know To Cull All The Males, But Even I, As I Used To Grow Outdoors(IT NOW REALLY IS, USED TO, MAKES ME SAD!!!), Would Still Get The Unavoidable Seed Here And There, What Kind Of Gold Are You Speaking Of??? Acapulcan Gold,Maui Gold,Colombian Gold, Gold Thai(REAL THAI WEED, I HAVE NOT SEEN SINCE THE LATE 80's, LIKE 1987 TO BE EXACT), Is There A Picture Of This Herb, I Love Gold Herb, But The True Land Race Sativas That They Get It From Are Disappearing, Or Have Mostly. But Real Colombian Gold, Or Acapulcan Or Oaxcan, Is So Rare, Please Share A Picture Of It To Me, Please:high-five:!!! And Tell Me What Type It Is, If You Know, God I Love Gold Herb, Some Of The Best Herb I Ever Smoked!!! Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!!

James, he was talking about these clones of Heirloom's. It's the silver he used. They interacted and made the plants gold.

DSCN118011.JPG

DSCN118110.JPG

Hi James, you and Sue are both right. I was talking about the pics on heirloom's thread and the Columbian gold that used to frequent the Pacific north west in the 70s and 80s. Around 82 we started seeing what we called green bud and skunk. My fondest weed memories were when I first started smoking and Columbian gold was available for 15 bucks a quarter. My best friend and I would go in on a bag and roll joints. One time there was an odd number of joints and we got in a fist fight over the extra joint. I saw him a couple years ago and we laughed so hard. We were both saying, why didn't we just smoke that extra joint lol! :rofl:

I wish I had pictures to share of the Columbian gold and the rare thai stick but in those days I never thought to document anything. The only memories are in my head. :Namaste:

:passitleft: 40 this year :rofl::rofl: I only know that cause I was born 75, lol...

:passitleft:

LOL, 40 last year.:rofl:

I have until the end of the year. I should be all harvested by my B-day, though I may still be trimming SLH (hopefully!!) then.

You're both babes. I'm old enough to have given birth to either of you. :laughtwo: My oldest is coming up on 36. Huh, I just realized I don't really miss the little shit anymore. How sad for both of us. Ah well, life marches on, doesn't it?

No pic update:

All but one Tangerine Dream have opened and are now in #1 fabric pots. On a heat mat set to 70*F, lol. Expect cotyledons in the next day or two.

Whenever I choose my seeds to germinate, I always choose the saddest looking ones out of the bunch first to get them out of the way. The one TD was a bit smaller than the rest, and much darker. I won't drop another for another day or three.

:thumb:

I've only ever seen one picture of a plant from the 70's (in person, I was born '76).
40 this year I only know that cause I was born 75, lol...

You young whipper snappers! I'll be 66 in 12 days :thedoubletake: And Grizz 2016 minus 1975 equals 41, sorry to break the news to you :rofl:

Columbian gold that used to frequent the Pacific north west in the 70s and 80s. My fondest weed
memories were when I first started smoking and Columbian gold was available for 15 bucks a quarter. My best friend and I would go in on a bag and roll joints. One time there was an odd number of joints and we got in a fist fight over the extra joint.
I wish I had pictures to share of the Columbian gold and the rare thai stick but in those days I never thought to document anything. The only memories are in my head. :Namaste:

DC, I remember a batch that was so gold it looked like it had been spray painted. It probably was, with agent orange :thedoubletake::rofl: Really NOT funny! Your government "protecting" its citizens!? We formed a little co-op back then, we'd gather up the cash, get the amount we wanted, split it up, everybody benefited equally. Those were the days?! NOT! But great memories non the less. I remember my first Thai stick, Hawaiian, Humboldt, and Panama Red like it was yesterday :cheesygrinsmiley:
As far as pictures, unless you had a Polaroid or developed your own pictures, photos were very rare. Things certainly have come a LONG way :cheesygrinsmiley:
HOZ

I remember my high school buddy went to Hawaii for spring break and brought back some Kuaii Electric and Maui Wowey. That was some of the best sativa I ever had. The dispensaries that sell it today don't have the real thing. It's not even close.

I listen to these conversations in awe. I'm 62, but I grew up in the repressed atmosphere of fundamental Christianity, so I didn't start smoking until I was 22, and then it was sporadic, to be kind. So I have no background other than small quantities purchased at exhorbitant prices that were of unknown strain or origin. The intent was to get high at the end of the day without dipping into food money. You guys fascinate me.

I'm so spoiled since being here. It's hard to believe how much it's changed. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Well Sue My Dear, His Plants Still Look Darn Healthy, I Must Say, Changing Their Sexes, Or Reversing It Is Something I Let Time In The Garden Do, As My Herb Gets Harvested, I Save Some Of The Lower Branches On Plants I Really Liked, Or Needed, To Replenish My Seed Stock. If You Let These Lower Branches Go, And I Am Not Meaning That You Pick Them Down To Nubs To Do This, To Get A Little, We Have To Give A Little, Meaning Take Your Four Last Bottom Branches, And Let Everything On Them Live, Once The Light Gets Down To Around 10.5 To 10 Hours A Day, The Lower Branches(FROM ALL STRAINS), Will Start Putting Out Male Flowers, Nice Banana Clusters, That Look Like A... Well You Know What They Look Like, Anyways, Collect These Flowers From The Plant, Keep Them Labeled, And Before Putting Away Make Sure They Are Dry ENOUGH, To Stash Away, I Like To Keep Mine In Tupperware Containers, But Hey That's Me!!! You Can Store Them, Just Make Sure You Choose Something Airtight, And Keep Them In A COOL DRY Place. This Way You Will Not Have To Mess With Different Chemicals, And The Plant Does It For Herself, As The Will Is So Strong In Them To Propagate And Keep The Species Going, They'll Turn Themselves Into Males For You, I Believe They Do It To Perhaps Pollinate Any Last Buddage On The Lower Branches, But We Remove Them, And Make Sure That They Have Been Preserved To Pollinate For The Next Season. It Sounds Strange, But I Promise It Works. But Sometimes By The Time That Happens To Your Plants, You Are Fairly Well Burnt By The Whole Seasons Work Already, And Hey, You Can Do It In The Spring. Problem Being More Seeds Must Be Used, If Your Plants Changed Sex On You By Getting Old, But Still Kept VERY Healthy, They Transform, And Give Us Pollen That Will Only Make Females, Pretty Cool Huh??? And Sue, As You Already Know, There Is A Man Out There Waiting For You, Heck He Might Not Even Be Waiting For You, As He Too Is Oblivious Of What Is Going To Transpire Over The Next Year To Him. Love Creates Wonderful Things, Really Wonderful Things, And Those Of Us BLESSED To Have That Certain Person In Our Lives, Cherish Them To The Utmost, As I Know You Did With Dale, And I Do With Yarrow. The Hospital Is A Very Sad Place To Go To, I Really Feel Uncomfortable In One, Yarrow Unfortunately Has To Be There 24-7 Now, She Will NOT Be Coming Home, We Have Been Told It Is A Matter Of Days At The Most. Her Family Is Calling Their Trip To Hawaii Finished And Coming Home Tomorrow, I Think My Yarrow Is Waiting To See Her Sister And Her Mother One Last Time, Before She Really Lets Go, If She Has The Strength, And I Have Seen Her In Such Bad Shape Before, 86lbs, Then Another Time She Got Down To 90lbs, She Is 5ft8inches Tall, So Looked Like She Just Got Out Of Treblinka, Sobibor, Or Auschwitz, And She Survived, But This Is Her Renal System Failing, The Same Way Our Last Dog, Sugar-Bear Died, At 12Years 7Months Aged, Old For A Dog Of Her Breed, Most Dogs Really. But This Time Round For Old Man Death, Feels Like My Baby Is Not Coming Home, And I Have Believed This Before(SHAME ON ME!!!), And She Rallied And Made It, But Not This Time, I Think. Sorry For Talking Or Making Your Eyes Work Overtime, I Wish I Could Still Make Paragraphs, It Makes It Look Like Some Non-Educated Fool Wrote It, Really Upsets Me I Must Admit. Thank You My Dear, Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!! LOL:high-five:!!!

Well Sue My Dear, His Plants Still Look Darn Healthy, I Must Say, Changing Their Sexes, Or Reversing It Is Something I Let Time In The Garden Do, As My Herb Gets Harvested, I Save Some Of The Lower Branches On Plants I Really Liked, Or Needed, To Replenish My Seed Stock. If You Let These Lower Branches Go, And I Am Not Meaning That You Pick Them Down To Nubs To Do This, To Get A Little, We Have To Give A Little, Meaning Take Your Four Last Bottom Branches, And Let Everything On Them Live, Once The Light Gets Down To Around 10.5 To 10 Hours A Day, The Lower Branches(FROM ALL STRAINS), Will Start Putting Out Male Flowers, Nice Banana Clusters, That Look Like A... Well You Know What They Look Like, Anyways, Collect These Flowers From The Plant, Keep Them Labeled, And Before Putting Away Make Sure They Are Dry ENOUGH, To Stash Away, I Like To Keep Mine In Tupperware Containers, But Hey That's Me!!! You Can Store Them, Just Make Sure You Choose Something Airtight, And Keep Them In A COOL DRY Place. This Way You Will Not Have To Mess With Different Chemicals, And The Plant Does It For Herself, As The Will Is So Strong In Them To Propagate And Keep The Species Going, They'll Turn Themselves Into Males For You, I Believe They Do It To Perhaps Pollinate Any Last Buddage On The Lower Branches, But We Remove Them, And Make Sure That They Have Been Preserved To Pollinate For The Next Season. It Sounds Strange, But I Promise It Works. But Sometimes By The Time That Happens To Your Plants, You Are Fairly Well Burnt By The Whole Seasons Work Already, And Hey, You Can Do It In The Spring. Problem Being More Seeds Must Be Used, If Your Plants Changed Sex On You By Getting Old, But Still Kept VERY Healthy, They Transform, And Give Us Pollen That Will Only Make Females, Pretty Cool Huh??? And Sue, As You Already Know, There Is A Man Out There Waiting For You, Heck He Might Not Even Be Waiting For You, As He Too Is Oblivious Of What Is Going To Transpire Over The Next Year To Him. Love Creates Wonderful Things, Really Wonderful Things, And Those Of Us BLESSED To Have That Certain Person In Our Lives, Cherish Them To The Utmost, As I Know You Did With Dale, And I Do With Yarrow. The Hospital Is A Very Sad Place To Go To, I Really Feel Uncomfortable In One, Yarrow Unfortunately Has To Be There 24-7 Now, She Will NOT Be Coming Home, We Have Been Told It Is A Matter Of Days At The Most. Her Family Is Calling Their Trip To Hawaii Finished And Coming Home Tomorrow, I Think My Yarrow Is Waiting To See Her Sister And Her Mother One Last Time, Before She Really Lets Go, If She Has The Strength, And I Have Seen Her In Such Bad Shape Before, 86lbs, Then Another Time She Got Down To 90lbs, She Is 5ft8inches Tall, So Looked Like She Just Got Out Of Treblinka, Sobibor, Or Auschwitz, And She Survived, But This Is Her Renal System Failing, The Same Way Our Last Dog, Sugar-Bear Died, At 12Years 7Months Aged, Old For A Dog Of Her Breed, Most Dogs Really. But This Time Round For Old Man Death, Feels Like My Baby Is Not Coming Home, And I Have Believed This Before(SHAME ON ME!!!), And She Rallied And Made It, But Not This Time, I Think. Sorry For Talking Or Making Your Eyes Work Overtime, I Wish I Could Still Make Paragraphs, It Makes It Look Like Some Non-Educated Fool Wrote It, Really Upsets Me I Must Admit. Thank You My Dear, Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!! LOL:high-five:!!!

Back
Top Bottom