Irie's Irie Garden

Other companies sell 'food grade' DE, either that or EarthWorks is private labeling it. If you watch the video on their site you will see tons of it. I doubt they have an exclusive on 'food grade' but they deserve the business for all the effort they have put into it. Take a few minutes to read the testimonials.

I plan to use it internally as a cleanser/healer, plus to get rid of bugs/ants around my house and yard, and, to keep as a backup in case my mj gets, pests.

It should be invaluable to anyone who grows in humid climates. I lost some sweet plants that were outside due to mites and PM.

hth

Well, I decided to bring this journal back and get her going again...
I pretty much took the summer off from growing and worked on some breeding projects. I didn't run any AC and kept the garden wattage to a minimum for the summer months... I pretty much ran a 600 watt LED and 1000 watt HID all summer... Well, summer is over so the wattage has slowly been building back up, I am still running my lights on schedule overnight as it allows me to pretty much pick my temps I want... The flower room I can pretty much keep at around 72-75 deg. during lights on and 68 deg during lights off... The vertical 400 is going to go back into the flower room probably next week.... I should be doing pretty much custom and local strains for awhile here....

A skywalker/LA Confidential male getting ready to pop
DSC039581.JPG

This is one of my favorite strains out there. This is one of the three selved seeds that I got from my last batch... Here she is almost a month into veg ( she is in a #5 smart pot) and is built like a brick shit house...
DSC03960.JPG

I removed a few leaves to open up the bottom a bit but she is stacked so tight it is hard to tell..
DSC03961.JPG

One of my 12/12 from seed crosses about a month and a half old, in a #2 smart pot from beginning to end..
DSC039531.JPG

More to come soon.. :Namaste:

Looking great, Be Irie and good to have you back journaling again! :thumb:

When you said, "selved seeds", do you mean the plant hermied and pollinated itself? I'm not familliar with the term.

When I say selved seeds then I am meaning the few seeds a plant will pop out towards the end... I don't consider them hermie seeds, i like to call them selved seeds.. I call them that because of the seeds that I thought were selved, I have had a 100% female ration on the thirty plus I have grown out, and never had one of them hermie.... a hermie plant is totally different then a plant that spits out a few flowers for self preservation, in my book.... Hope this kinda explained it...

Aaaaahhhhhh! You explained it very well! :thanks:
How long do you typically need to keep the plant in flower (for indica or sativa) before they will self-seed like that? I didn't realize this was different than a hermie seed, but sounds like a great way to preserve a strain when you don't have any more seeds to work with! :thumb:

I just did some additional research on this. It appears that the tendency to self-produce seeds late in flower is strain dependent. Also, worthy to note, is the tendency to self-produce seeds is also passed down in the seeds, which are essentially clones (not hermies) in seed form. Thanks for that!

Whew, I am glad you looked it up and didn't make me explain it.. It happens late, sometimes I will get lucky and spot a nanner but they usually bury them deep in a nug.... I keep an eye on all the bottoms of my jars, that's how I usually find them or I will get lucky and find one when breaking it up..Not all will give me a seed either, but a good amount does.. If I find more then five then I will chalk it up to something else going on in the garden.. The biggest problem with keeping or visiting someone that has males is transferring pollen into my flower room.. I am extra careful and will not go into my flower room after dealing with all the males.... My selved seeds are my gems as they are exact replicas of mom.... My seed library is doing pretty good, actually, I think it is more important to me then my herb library.. Speaking of which, me and some friends got into the library a few weekends ago and worked on some sour cream from over a year in storage. Damn, it was some good smoke.....

My Sativa hybrids I usually harvest at the point they start to turn amber, and I don't find many selved seeds in these but my Indica and indy hybrids I harvest from 20-50% amber and these are what I usually get a seed or two from....

What up irie,yo I got 3 reserva privada confidential cheese strains looking just like ur 'brick shit house' bout to finish their 1st week of 12/12. Should I leave em alone,cut off some fans or maybe trim the fan leaves tips in half? They r really really stacked n the shoots r just hiding below the fans in shade......? Btw ur girls are always looking magnificient! Wowzers son!

Thanks you guys, I have just been screwing around with the home garden once again just trying to have some fun.... I started playing with the 12/12 plants so I could get through a decent amount of plants in fairly quick time. All the 12/12 plants are ones that I am using in a few breeding projects.. I am able to find my males pretty fast ( three males are now being milked) and still see the growth characteristics of the ladies and gentlemen. One clone is taken from each flowering plant in case I find something I really like, then I can keep and breed with it..
I am still using organics, EJ and Roots as my bases and guano teas every once in awhile. A few other things are thrown in to.. I am using a LED for the majority of the 12/12 plants. The veg tent has a 1000 MH in it and will be vegging some big plants to go into flowering....
I love winter, it makes the indoor growing so much more pleasant...
Two of the 12/12 plants started on 9/17 both sativa hybrids..
DSC03978.JPG

DSC03979.JPG

DSC039801.JPG

:Namaste:

A few males almost done collecting pollen from them, and I can't wait to get them outta here..
males1.jpg

The 12/12 plants under the LED
DSC03985.JPG

SATLALED.jpg

SATLALED1.jpg

:peace:

Collected the pollen from three males and the males are finally out of the house... The rest are chugging along, the plants under the LED seem to be taking their time...
LED plant
DSC03996.JPG

DSC040151.JPG

The veg tent Hanis, going to try and plan it so that it will be my Christmas tree this year..
Hanis3.jpg

Ghost Kush clones, taken late in flowering and now back in veg. six of the eight taken survived, I am keeping two and giving four away
DSC040184.JPG

DSC040171.JPG

Hope all you turkeys had a good turkey day.... :cheesygrinsmiley: Not much to report, things are chugging right along... The temps have been perfect, I frikin love winter!!!!
DSC040261.JPG

DSC040391.JPG

Churps Sativa Chernobyl X the Purps
DSC040301.JPG

DSC040401.JPG

DSC04032.JPG

DSC04041.JPG

A Dairy Queen male that I am going to collect pollen from
DSC040421.JPG

Hanis Vegging
DSC040432.JPG

A jack the Ripper. 12/12 from seed when she showed pre flowers I moved her back to veg.
DSC040452.JPG

The Ghost Kush clones starting to show new growth..
DSC04044.JPG

Thanks OMM, it's actually kinda a funny, I have some Big Island love in that soil.. I have been trying out and working with Bio-Char from your little islands of paradise....

On another note I have had a Sativa OG going from last year. I had been debating all summer on whether I was going to keep her around or not... I decided not to keep her because of all the breeding I have been doing and it's tough on plant numbers to keep a mom and her clones around.. She has been in flowering for almost 7 weeks. Four days ago I found a single nanner growing.... Oh fuck yeah, looks like I will have a seed or two of the Sativa OG.. :goof:

Thanks OMM, it's actually kinda a funny, I have some Big Island love in that soil.. I have been trying out and working with Bio-Char from your little islands of paradise....

On another note I have had a Sativa OG going from last year. I had been debating all summer on whether I was going to keep her around or not... I decided not to keep her because of all the breeding I have been doing and it's tough on plant numbers to keep a mom and her clones around.. She has been in flowering for almost 7 weeks. Four days ago I found a single nanner growing.... Oh fuck yeah, looks like I will have a seed or two of the Sativa OG.. :goof:

That's great.....a bit of the islands! :surf:

Congrats on the nanner. Glad you kept her ! Allrighty now! :thumb:

Be IRIE ... So good to see you're still here and growing.
Yup...I crawled back outta the woodwork ! You plants are looking great and I'm excited
about your Sativa OG seed possibilities, good luck with that.
I'm still doing the bag seed thing, but getting better results each grow :) On a 12/12 from seed atm. (my first try) Looking GREAT !!
peace, me :peace:

Thanks guys for the kind words..
The only reason I did 12/12 from seed was to see their growth patterns as quickly as possible.. The 12/12 from seed plants are for breeding purposes.. It's not bad, I could fit a shitload of them under a 1000, to bad plant counts won't allow for that. My sativa hybrids for my breeding projects will be done like that then I will pull a clone from each one, veg and flower the clones out to see how they do with some stress.. My churps got it's beginning from a hermie Purps that pollinated a Sativa Chernobyl female.. All the males are tossed and we will see how the females do, if they try to hermie on me or not... That will decide if I will continue to work with the strain or not...
The house strain Been under a LED it's whole life 3 months old
SatLA.jpg

SATLA2.jpg

SATLA1.jpg

Mob boss- had her since last year and she actually survived the summer.. she has been to hell and back a few times... same with the Sativa OG. Both are 60 days into 12/12
MB
MobBoss1.jpg

Sativa OG
SATOG1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom