KelticBlue's - Indoor - Soil - LED/CFL - Ace Seeds' PCK x Kali China - 2015

Hey Keltic. Looks like the end is approaching very quickly it's always exciting when you get this close to harvest time and your on trich watch. looking great.

WOW! Those are amazing close ups! What do you use? There are so many trichs!!!!! Thats awesome man! I need to check out ACE seeds. I really really like the strain you are running. You said they work with a lot of pure land race strains? I am very interested in some land race projects with some PURE sativas. I will have to check them out!

Hey Now!

It is just a point and shoot Casio. it has a 'super' macro setting. I stick the lens right up to the bud and hope i don't shake too much :yikes:
A casio ex-zr100. The I crop and zoom in.
The reason I went with Ace is their interest in landrace genetics. I have not the room to grow a Sativa, my plant is about 80% indica and 20% Sativa. I would love to grow their Panama or Guatemalan. The nepal jam is what I really wanted to grow. But I am happy with this one. There are several grow doing landrace finishing up now, they seem lovely, if only I had the room.
:welcome:
Thanks for the visit, come back soon

Hey Keltic. Looks like the end is approaching very quickly it's always exciting when you get this close to harvest time and your on trich watch. looking great.

I am gonna give her about 24 hours dark tonight then chop tomorrow afternoon. my first indoor grow season comes to a close.
I need to work out the winter temps and such for the environment, gonna play with a bag seed first before I get back to this strain.
If I can keep it warm enough, I plan on dropping another PCK x KaliChina around first week of December.
Whoot.

Let the good times roll

Well time to get to work chopppinnng dooooownn.
Some more Random shot from the other day in the sun.

I like this one with the bud in the background out of focus...............
CIMG9487.jpg

Here is a similar view

CIMG9488.jpg

For the next two I had the camera on a tripod fixed position. So It is the same photo. The only difference in the second I had my arm over the bud to shade it from the direct sunlight. I am wearing a long sleeve orange shirt. It gives it a interesting tint at this time of year.
First one in sunlight

CIMG9490.jpg

Next one under the Orange arm...............
CIMG9491.jpg

Hey Cy Thanks for stopping by. I been a little sad. I had a learning experience with the drying-curing part of the harvest. I guess I put the first chop into the jar to soon, got a case of mold or powdery mildew all over it. I think I got to it quick enough with some Peroxide wash. I dunno? I have to do better with the rest of the harvest.

Maybe I can do something with it. This is the nugget that got mildew-y
CIMG9521.jpg

Cheers

Thanks Cy, the rest of the plant is in a paper bag and doing well. I am going to dry it out some more. I have apartment maintenance coming on Thursday/tomorrow. So I need to have this stuff in safe keeping by then. it is legal but rule number one is tell no one.

I think I cut off most of the moldy bits at this point on that one bud. it is still shite. At least the weather has cooperated and gotten drier and cooler.

So after the mlideew scare, I am taking care with this bunch. Probably gonna be overdried and gone the other way. That first nug was jucier than I could have guessed. So here it is the result of the chop, freshly chopped and ready to hang for a while.
Letting them hang in the open air for 3 days then 3 days in a brown bag then 2 days in open then back in bag. At this point I think they can hang in the bag for another week. Then I am gonna inspect, closely, very closely.

CIMG9513.jpg
That is a red bic lighter for scale reference in the upper right.
CIMG9502.jpg

Thanks for stopping by Cy. I got the buds in a paper bag sweating it out. I just hope I don't overdo it and dry them too much. I am still a bit shaken over the mildew. All the signs were there before harvest. And now I got mildew on my chamomile plant. I have some serious grow tent cleaning to do. Any and all suggestions gratefully received.

Well I think your buds have quite a bit of moisture. Try taking them out of the paper bag and hang them in the dark. If they're off the stem already, then you could place them on news paper and put them in a dark place for a day of two. If you think it has mold already, put them in the sun for about 5 mins to kill it. For cleaning your tent, I highly suggest making a loctobacillus serum. spraying it on the plants will protect them from these sort of things. Spray it in and around the tent and them micro organisms will set up colonies to fight off the mildew and other potential pests. If you would like to read more about this you can check out the unconventional farmer.com. Somewhere in my journal is a recipe. Its easy to make and doesnt cost much, only a few cups of milk. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom