Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

I began gentle training on two of the kids this morning. I won't be using those green ties long. I'm going with a different method as soon as I get an order here.
I am not suggesting anyone else start LST on their kids yet. This is just what I have chosen to do. Some people might find this way too early.

On to a question. I've been watching two of the girls since the day of up-potting before they went into the larger pots. This off color on the leaves is new to me. Anyone know what's up with that? I've corrected plants for nutes in the past, but I've not seen this particular discoloration before in such a pattern. Edit: I have not given any nutrients to the plants yet. Just rainwater as I normally do.

I began gentle training on two of the kids this morning. I won't be using those green ties long. I'm going with a different method as soon as I get an order here.

On to a question. I've been watching two of the girls since the day of up-potting before they went into the larger pots. This off color on the leaves is new to me. Anyone know what's up with that? I've corrected plants for nutes in the past, but I've not seen this particular discoloration before in such a pattern. Edit: I have not given any nutrients to the plants yet. Just rainwater as I normally do.

Looks like magnesium Def.. I know some plants can randomly show these signs genetically but looks like quite a bit.

Damn if I can find my PH tester! It's here, I used it last grow. Grrrr....
So, in anticipation of the question on PH, the litmus test shows the water with the addition of cal/mag at a PH of 6 or slightly above that.
Can't wait for the pond to be clear of ice. I don't have any problems with the pond water.
Drill a hole down then drop a pump in 😂 or cut a block out a thaw it inside 😂 a dude would have the chainsaw out already 🤦‍♂️
#whygirlslivelonger 😂

I had a look for you
😊

Drill a hole down then drop a pump in 😂 or cut a block out a thaw it inside 😂 a dude would have the chainsaw out already 🤦‍♂️
#whygirlslivelonger 😂

I had a look for you
😊
yeah, I have an ice auger. And several chain saws, LOL Good news is all of the snow we got the other day appears to be falling off the trees and warmer temps are rolling in on Monday. I hate to poke the bear, but we actually have sunshine right now. :laughtwo: The pond ought to be clear enough for the ducks again in a couple days, and I can truck up some water.
Then I have to wait it for to come to room temp before trying to water the kids. Don't want to freeze their little feet into cold shock. :battingeyelashes:

I'm not getting that link to work. It keeps coming up with a page error.
Yeah I tried to edit it as it didn't work. Then went to quote the post but can't quote it 🤦‍♂️

Post 13 last paragraph could possibly be your answer 👍

Yeah I tried to edit it as it didn't work. Then went to quote the post but can't quote it 🤦‍♂️

Post 13 last paragraph could possibly be your answer 👍
Yup
Thanks so much. It pretty much verifies what I found online too. That explains why I had to give extra cal/mag in my last grow too. It just wasn't as early as this.
No problem, I have a gallon of that stuff. LOL

First thing I'm going to do when the ground is warm and snow is long gone is to mix up my own soil blend like I used to.

{{WARNING: OFF TOPIC RANT}}
Now....how about a story? The worst Amazon delivery ever. Grab a cuppa....

I ordered some things on the zon yesterday afternoon with the promise of get it between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m. next day with qualifying items. Yeah, I qualified. They lied, and after the order was paid for it said by 11:00 a.m. Whatever....they do that a lot. LOL

We had snow a couple days ago, here it totaled just about 4". That is not a lot of snow for these parts. No need for driveway to be plowed, normal vehicles could get through it with no trouble.

At 8-ish I see headlights coming up the main drive that turns into mine. As soon as it turned into my drive, it stopped. Went backward, stopped, repeat, repeat. Same place, just the car moving a little here and there.
I see a woman exit the car and walk halfway up my driveway and place my package on a fence haphazardly. There was a basket ten feet in front of her at the front of the garage door, which would serve no other purpose than a place for a package out of the snow. Whatever.....
She walks back down to the vehicle and I see her walking around it and flailing her arms for a few minutes.
Yup, they got stuck. In 4" of snow.
I got bundled up and walked down to them. Here was this compact low profile car, the bumpers barely 3" above a normal road, and someone inside was spinning the front wheels like crazy, digging deeper and deeper into my driveway.
Nothing was said to me other than the dude getting out of the car and stating his tires are "bald as hell". I could see clearly there was no tread on those front tires. There was nothing on them to grab anything. Sit n spin, dig a hole.

I asked why he would attempt to use that vehicle for deliveries in snowy conditions if he clearly cannot get through it with that car. No answer.
I explained that the more he spun those wheels the larger the holes he is making in my driveway and to stop doing that and let the three of us try to push it backward. I could not have gotten my truck around them to pull them out of the rut, there was no room.
He gets in the car, and we tell him to put it in neutral and let us push the car out of the holes. The women...the women are doing the labor here.
We start to push, he guns the tires. It was not in neutral, it was in drive. WTF?
I told her to get in the car and get him the "F" out of there before he ran over one of us. As soon as she got in, she put it in neutral and we were able to rock it forward enough to get some runners from their floor carpet under the back of the front tires.
Voila, she got in and gently backed up and out of the holes.

They both got in the car and left without a word of thanks or kiss my arse or anything.
So, now I have two 6" deep 2 feet long large holes in my driveway that cannot be avoided because it's only one vehicle width down there.
I literally limped back to the house because my sciatic nerve was done for and my left leg did not want to work, due to pushing that damn vehicle. I don't have a short driveway, it's back in the woods and a long walk down there.

Amazon got a helluvan earful on the phone, and I told them to escalate this complaint to pay for the damage to my driveway and whatever else comes up because of this. I'm waiting on their email. Those two people had no business doing deliveries with that vehicle in these conditions.

Interesting, there is another order coming anytime, and I can't wait to see what the next driver does.
My neighbor offered to come down and try to back blade the mess down to avoid anyone else getting stuck in the newly formed ruts. We'll see what happens.

{{RANT OVER}}

Back
Top Bottom