LA's Continuing Adventure Feat - Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flow!

Re: LA's Continuing Adventure Feat: Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flo

Hey all :) Im still sat waiting on my courier with my light and nutes! If not today should definitely be tomorrow!!! Aargh!!! I have no patience lol. With plants yes with people not so much :)

Ok some info for the tech heads out there!

Some LED specs :)
Diodes are Epiled & Bridgelux all 3w diodes that consume around 1.8-2w to producee 2.5w output.
The diodes are not driven over 630ma to increase life span.
Epiled use same red dye as Epistar, they purchase from them.

PCB is 1.6mm thick aluminum backed.
Power supplies have aluminum heat sinks, instead of plastic.
25 LED per cluster model allows 1 power supply to 1 cluster = better redundancy.
Lens is Budmaster' s own custom 90 degree spread on each.
Heat sinks are aluminum with copper core.
Fans are 120mm dual bearing.
My model the 1200-XG consumes 740w

Now sorry if anything else is required just holla and ill find out for ya! :)

Re: LA's Continuing Adventure Feat: Budmaster II LED & Oxygen Pot Systems - Ebb & Flo

Ah the waiting game. I too am super impatient. Always checking the tracking number for updates that never seem to come. sigh. Soon.

When I first got my LED I wore sunglasses in the tent for the first couple days, it was SOOO much brighter than my T5 I even had the thought, "Man, I hope it's not too bright" :laughtwo::rofl:

Excited for you friend!

So as we patiently await...

I did some research and now know what the Oxygen Pot Systems photo's are, roughly.

and my second guess was correct....just had too many to be able to express it...:tokin:

A complete intelligent (?) integrated hydroponic ebb and flow system utilising chained single pot ebb and flo containers for quantity and position flexibility, adaptive to increasing number of pots (18, >18, requiring additional resevoir). Nice....:thumb:

I sound like an advertising brochure!

Ok Light, Im gunna be annoying, but Ive been chomping at the bit to talk about this stuff for days...

so you've mentioned the pots, and I've read at the Oxygen Pot Systems site, that each individual ebb and flo pot, has a fabric liner which holds or contains the growing medium.

1. Obviously the benefits include better drainage than a plastic pot, and the fabric liner then provides an air gap between it and the outer (green) plastic pot, is that correct? which therefore provides air flow and therefore oxygen to the roots?

2. How many pots are you planning to utilise?

3. It also looks like there are multiple reed or float switches, or maybe combination of float switch and sensors in the top of the Grow Commander Box - please explain?

Just when you can mate, I understand you're waiting too. Don't worry about me I'll be fine...waiting...(Sniff's , look's at the ground, kicks dirt...):cheesygrinsmiley:

Awesome post :) Tassie!
Yep the pots are designed for maximum flooding capabilities, then when they are drawn empty they pull air into root system for amazing oxygen penetration to the roots!
The command module and floats :) You will just have to wait till I get it lol.
I should be getting some nice pics sent me soon to display the system properly! As Im waiting till just before my move to have it shipped to my existing address! A little more security to have it sent here! As once moved not a soul will know where I live full stop! :) :)

Oh and just the six pot system for me at first! :)

Jimmy6000 welcome my friend!

Wow, that light is a beast!! I'm not a hydro guy but love watching LED grows :) hope you don't mind if I grab some popcorn and a seat and tag along :)

Yep the pots are designed for maximum flooding capabilities, then when they are drawn empty they pull air into root system for amazing oxygen penetration to the roots!

Ok, now I see how the air gets in there, because I was wondering, the drawing or withdrawing of the nutrient solution creates enough vacuum to draw air surrounding the media into the gap....

The command module and floats :) You will just have to wait till I get it lol.

Still hate you....:;):

:oops:

First rule of anything, ask questions don't make assumptions:

Assumption (me): Ok, now I see how the air gets in there, because I was wondering, the drawing or withdrawing of the nutrient solution creates enough vacuum to draw air surrounding the media into the gap....

Question: So Light, just for clarification is the air drawn in through the media into the air gap as the nutrient solution is withdrawn, or the pots valved in some way?

:sorry:

Icemud great to have you along my friend! :) experience is always wanted around here! :)

Tassie :) ok the system has a few pumps, so the nutrient solution is drawn out at such speed that yeah a vacuum puls the oxygen into the medium through the fabric pots! :)
I also have the upgraded total drainage buckets coming with bottom drains rather than the side drain style! Hence the pic of the bottom of pots that I posted! :)
As for other questions lol. Ill do my best but Im a newb to all this! :) thats why its a learn along with me journal, rather than a master class type deal!

:cheesygrinsmiley:Very Much Appreciate All You Are Doing:cheesygrinsmiley:

I know you haven't got the product (ha) as yet...fingers crossed for you for today

Yes, saw the bottom drain, inlet/outlet...thanks

I'm pulling up a chair. This will be interesting. I can't wait to see this new stuff.

Je suis ici mon ami :).
LEDs the way to go i reckon!
Good luck bro! Youre gonna do great :)

Hey all :) :) Best of days to everyone!

Today the post has been!!! The Sun God has bequeathed me a Humongous, massive, tonking! Light of lights! Jesus H christ is it big!!! :)

I must straight away thank my sponsors! Budmaster II LED for the behemoth that is the 1200-XG :) :) Good god she is a nice girl!!!
I am slightly blind as I type this right now! :) Sunglasses are a bloody must!!
Also I got my first batch of nutrients today. I have an ongoing deal with them, so I can get more as and when! :)

Anyway a few pics for your pleasure. Ill do a full detailed photo shoot tomorrow! These are just to wet your whistle! :)
20140219_123036.jpg
20140219_123058.jpg
20140219_123159.jpg
20140219_123212.jpg
20140219_123242.jpg
20140219_123618.jpg
20140219_124217.jpg

Back
Top Bottom