Lem's 2014 Outdoor Grow Journal

Lester, How D.Yes I live in SoCal. Up until this past winter there was a 30 ft palm where this planter is. It took about a month to take it out, I did it with an Axe and a hand saw.(kicked my ass). I had to remove it because it was pushing the side of the pond to my waterfall in. Heres some pics.
The_Planter_010.jpg
The_Planter_012.jpg
The_Planter_015.jpg
Theres a 5 horse pump in the cave that pumps the water to the top of the stairs, where it cascades down to the top pool and over the waterfall into the bottom pond. When I have water in it, Im conserving water do to the draught. As far as moths and bud worms go what I do is, before I plant I spray Malathion on the surrounding shrubs and bushes to kill any insects. But not where I plant. I went to the drug store and got a pair of 300 strenth magnafire glasses and good tweezers and I serch my plants on a regular bases.Real High Tec. Also I got one of those Head Lights at Walmart the kind with both red and white light, the red light is exelent for spoting the worms at night, it lights them up. So I just watch the plants on a daily bases and kill um when I see um. If you got any more questions just ask . Your friend TOAST

Awesome pictures, love the rocks and the way they are laid. It looks like you have any and all worm issues addressed. You got the tweezers & mulit-colored headlamps, Lester has the ice pick and the quickest sandals in the west. That would be interesting to see both of you in combat together.

:cheer:

When we last left TOAST 11 of his plants on the hill started flowering.He made a desided to dig up said plants and put them in his grow room to finish flowering, but only had room for 8 of the plants. (The suspence builds) And now back to the story. So I ended up digging up the other 3 plants and made a place for them in the now extremly crowded grow room. Here's a pic of the Hill after replanting.
The_Planter_024.jpg

And now pictures of the plants on the hill and the planter. These are 2 Jack Herer-
The_Planter_017.jpg
, 2 Aurora Ultra-
The_Planter_018.jpg
, This is the Super Lemon Haze-
The_Planter_019.jpg
, I took a 6 ft bamboo plant stake and black markered it every ft and put it in the ground 1 ft. So the top of the stick is 5 feet this should give you an idea how tall they are-
The_Planter_020.jpg
, This is the Pure Kush,
The_Planter_022.jpg
, Here there is LA Confidencial, Sour Deisel, Granddaddy Purple, Wayne's OG and one Super Lemond Haze
The_Planter_026.jpg
, and last but not least The Planter , I started bending other branches to fill in where I broke the two branches off from trying to get them to bend to far to fast, Its comming along-
The_Planter_028.jpg
Well my friends thats it for now. Burn one for me. TOAST

That is one sweet grow!

:peace:

No kidding what everyone has said. NICE

These plants look happy, now it's time to relax :)

Hey my friends, I was going though some old pictures and ran across this photo and started laughing realy hard. I hope it is as entertaining to you as it is to me.Back ground story: This is my friend Chony. I have found through out the years, that people will come to your house,and by the time they leave there telling you any time you need help trimming count me in. I mean how many times have you heard that. Most of the time, you call them,and they dont show up.At least thats been my experance.So any way I called Chony and low and behold he shows up with bells on.We set up my Ping Pong table,dumped like 14 jars of bud out and preceded to do the final trim.After a while Chony runs across a bud about 6 in long and bent in the middle.He holds it under his nose, and says "Hey you want a Dirty Sanchez" and we both cracked up.And then he says to me,its to bad we cant make a whole beard out of bud.I replyed with why cant we. And heres the finished product, I hope you enjoy.Until next time.TOAST
buds_084.jpg

All right my friends see if you can tell me WTF's going on. I put my girls to sleep at 8 pm last night and when I woke them up at 9:45 am ( A little something I learned from DJ Short ), I found this: She went in looking like this
Whats_up_with_that_002.jpg
and came out looking like this
Whats_up_with_that_003.jpg
Look how theres absolutely nothing wrong with the bottom branches
Whats_up_with_that_004.jpg
What do you think happend. This plant was not one that I dug up and brought down from the hill. Ive never seen this before.Ive seen a branch or two get burned from a hot spot in the soil but thats not whats going on here. Any Ideas. TOAST

Back
Top Bottom