Lem's 2014 Outdoor Grow Journal

Very frickin weird. It looks like it got burnt or was cooked in high temp with low humidity.

Lemba, I'm assuming you just cut off the dead part, did ya look into the stem? Coulda been something bored into the stem and maybe you missed the entry hole? Just a thought :passitleft:

Lester, I was so discusted I just cut the dead part off and chucked it. So I did not check out the stalk for bore holes or any thing. No big deal its not like I dont have 100 more to take its place. It just gets to me some times, you put your heart and soul into doing this and stupid things happen. You got to take the good with the bad I guess,It would be nice if it was more good more offten.Ill put plant pics up again in a couple weeks. Thanks for the input.TOAST

This has nothing to do with this perticular grow.I would just like to pass on some knowledge.Now I have no scientific tests or anything to back or prove what Im about to say. But I have grown a crop every year except two sense 1968 and this is something I have observed over the years.It could just be BULLSHIT and Im misunderstanding what is going on but I dont think so.First off there are no female seeds there Fiminized seeds. There not 100% of the time going to be female plants.Just a great majority of the time.They can be males or females or hermaphradites. Now with that said here we go. I believe from years of growing, there are four sexes a plant can be.100% Male, predominately Male hermaphradite, predominately Female hermaphradite,and 100% female.I only have pictures of the predominately Female to show.Notis how the plant looks 100% female, then look closer and youll see little banana looking male pollin pestils,Im guessing thats what there called. They dont resimble the rosette looking balls the hang from the internodes of the Male plant.
blog_pics_060.jpg
blog_pics_056.jpg
Now what I ve observed over the years is Male plant produce all most no resin, predominately Male hermaphradites produce a little more resin then the males,predominately Female hermaphradites produce all most as much resin as the 100% Female does, the only thing is you have to remove flower pestals before they open.Like masterbaiting I use a magnafing glass and tweezers.Once you remove the pestils the plant grows just like a Female so you dont need to trash them. The predominately Males throw so many pollin flowers its not worth messing with them. You can tell them easy because the buds look more like the tops of pineapple for lack of a better discription and the pollin balls open upside down. Other growers ask me why I bother with hermies. Waste not want not.The predominately Females buds make concentrates every bit as good as the 100% females do. So dont through them out, it not that much trouble.I hope this information is valid and theres not something going on that I dont understand , but it wouldnt be the first time I proved my self an Idiot.I hope this helps someone some where TOAST

Had a pair of nanners on my fem's that showed up very late in flower. I tried to capture the pollen, but unfortunately didn't get any.

:peace:

It sounds rediculous but its time to start prepairing for the next round. This morning I got on the hill a little after 6am. I desided to take propagations,(Clones). The 10 Pure Kush plants are doing very well and I like them to be bushy verses Tall
Whats_up_with_that_007.jpg
So I took 4 propagations from each plant
Whats_up_with_that_011.jpg
I use Dip'n'Grow liquid rooting concentrate for root horomone,Clonex cloning solution, and I clone to Rockwool cubes. The Dip'n'Grow is exsolent because you mix it every time and the solution has less chance of becoming contaminated.When you the dry powder horomone,your dipping stem after stem and if one has something wrong with it,it can ruin the rest of the cutting and any cutting you dip at a later date will also be contaminated.The contamination stays in the power.When your done with the Dip'n'Grow you just pour it out and make new stuff next time. I will more than likely take clones from the rest of the plants tomorrow morning. I figure theres another 7 plants I can take 4 clones off of each one for a total of 68. Im allowing for insadental death incase a couple dont make it. Hopefully I will be able to do the same thing one more time and that would be great.Till next time TOAST

Radogast, Ive found the bigger the healthier the better. They root faster and the roots seem to be larger and more of them.So have you had some problems rooting the bigger tops.It seems like the small tops make small thin roots witch are more suseptitable to disease and over watering.I have a few people that will get a clone now and then and I all ways here that my clones take off as some as there planted and the ones they have at the clubs around the SFV are tiny and hard to get going. My friend got 5 clones from a club in north hollywood brought them straight home and put them in the ground,( They were Berry Garcias ) they set there and did very little. After 2 months they still hadnt taken hold.So I went over and took the tops and had them rooted and about 18 ins high and nice and bushy in a month and the original 5 plants never got over 2 feet high while the 5 I cloned went on to be beautiful 6 ft tall bushes. Talk at ya latter.TOAST

Radogast, Ive found the bigger the healthier the better. They root faster and the roots seem to be larger and more of them.So have you had some problems rooting the bigger tops.It seems like the small tops make small thin roots witch are more suseptitable to disease and over watering.I have a few people that will get a clone now and then and I all ways here that my clones take off as some as there planted and the ones they have at the clubs around the SFV are tiny and hard to get going. My friend got 5 clones from a club in north hollywood brought them straight home and put them in the ground,( They were Berry Garcias ) they set there and did very little. After 2 months they still hadnt taken hold.So I went over and took the tops and had them rooted and about 18 ins high and nice and bushy in a month and the original 5 plants never got over 2 feet high while the 5 I cloned went on to be beautiful 6 ft tall bushes. Talk at ya latter.TOAST

Thanks VERY MUCH!
All the non-garden clubs and nurseries and books tell you to limit the size of softwood cuttings.
The nurseries also were telling me nit to stay my seeds until April, meanwhile by May they have 1-3 foot tall tomato and pepper plants for sale.
I don't trust professional plant people much :)

I'm going to follow your lead and do some major cuttings next time I clone.

I assume you use a rooting gel.
Do you use a moisture tent for your cuttings?
:Namaste:
Radogast

Ok Radogast, I hope your ready for this. Heres what your gona need
IMG_034013.JPG
I dont use a tent persay but the same result,I put them in produce bags, blow them full of air and twist tie them shut.Then I put them under a floresent light to root.Room temp is important 70 - 75 degrees or they can cook and when you take them out after rooting you have to spray them every few minutes for 1/2 an hour until they acclumate or they will wilt.My Aurora Ultra and the LA Confidencial I got as clones root in 3 to 5 days so you bag um and dont do any thing until there ready to transplant.On strains that dont clone so easy you have to open the bags and add moisture when they dry out.Check it out if you want go to lembatoast member gallery and on the 12 pic setting pages 100-98 have a step by step on how I clone its a little drifferent then most but the servival rate is like 98% I would have said 99% but I didnt want to come off cocky lol TOAST

Ok Radogast, I hope your ready for this. Heres what your gona need
IMG_034013.JPG
I dont use a tent persay but the same result,I put them in produce bags, blow them full of air and twist tie them shut.Then I put them under a floresent light to root.Room temp is important 70 - 75 degrees or they can cook and when you take them out after rooting you have to spray them every few minutes for 1/2 an hour until they acclumate or they will wilt.My Aurora Ultra and the LA Confidencial I got as clones root in 3 to 5 days so you bag um and dont do any thing until there ready to transplant.On strains that dont clone so easy you have to open the bags and add moisture when they dry out.Check it out if you want go to lembatoast member gallery and on the 12 pic setting pages 100-98 have a step by step on how I clone its a little drifferent then most but the servival rate is like 98% I would have said 99% but I didnt want to come off cocky lol TOAST

Ok. I'll get some LARGE chunks of rockwool and find clear plastic bags. I've done 1 gallon freezer bags on hardwood cuttings that stayed green for 3 months without rooting right. THIS should be easier :)

CHECK IT OUT!!! Remember the Propagations I took last Thursday 6/5/2014 in the AM,
cloned_on_6_5_2014_003.jpg
cloned_on_6_5_2014_005.jpg
cloned_on_6_5_2014_006.jpg
cloned_on_6_5_2014_007.jpg
cloned_on_6_5_2014_008.jpg
cloned_on_6_5_2014_009.jpg
Now there not rooted enough to transplant, so rebag um untill theres alot of big healthy roots stickin out. Remember when they are ready to come out of the bags you have to spray the top and under sides of the leaves frequintly for about a half hour while they acclumate to the difference in hummidity. Those were 3-LA Confidencials and 1-Aurora Ultra. Well thats it for now.TOAST

Nice job on those clones, the biggest clones I've seen so far. Looks like you have had tons of practice/experience cloning that big.

Thanks for the nice pics on how you did it

+ Reps

:peace:

SUPEROOTER AIR POTS - If you havent found them yet - Its Time. I keeped seeing them in pictures on this site,But no one said what they were. So I went on the internet to get some information. After intensive study I purchased a pack of 5-5 gal pots. They came disasembled in a flat box.(assembly required) lol. Incase you dont know what Im reefering to (reefer get it) heres a pic:
Air_Pots_002.jpg
Its like theres a bunch of little Volcanos with holes in the tops all connected togeather. The way they work is the roots grow to the holes, hit the air, and the ends of the root dies and a brand new root starts and works its way to an air hole where the end dies and starts a new root.Thus making the roots grow to the sides instead of in a circle like in normal containers. This makes for a much larger root base. Heres a pic- Both plants - same strain,medium,nutes,lighting,ect. The only difference is ones in a bag and the other in a Air Pot.
Air_Pots_004.jpg
Big difference. An added benafit is they dry out extremly fast.Twice as fast as a normal container.This makes them Exsolent for indoor grows exsepcially. What this allows you to do is flush between feedings.If you go to You Tube and put in How to grow Super Lemon Haze you will find a video from Arjan the creator.There is some of the best feeding instructions Ive ever found. Now they grow in a labratory so some stuff doesnt apply,to me any way. By the time the videos over you will be calling it: Dah Super Lemon Haze lol. Youll get it when you watch the video. I love um, the Air Pots.As a mater of fact I ordered 50 more just before I wrote this. The 5 packs are around $100.00 but worth it. I had to get them on line. The stores by me dont carry them. Get some there awsum.TOAST

Back
Top Bottom