Lurch Farms #3 - Hso Sour Diesel #2 - 2 Grape Ape Clones & 4 BagSeed

Good video, Lurch. Ladies looking good. Hope you get the mites sorted easily. I had to deal with teh little devils, too. !$%#@! Hate 'em. You seem not too worried though, so cool. What solution do you use? You mentioned dish soap?

Keep 'em green! They look so beautiful! :peace:

I use the major pain in the back method
Dawn dish detergent, toothbrush and a lot of gentle scrubbing of the leaves and a pipe cleaner for the nodes.
At the moment the only thing I can do is add air circulation .
I believe stretch is almost done
I have removed the screen for trimming.
I can't remember who I seen use this method of super cropping, but I am goin to try it:
Squish each stem in between each node from day 21 to 45. So I don't over stress the ladies
I hope the mite problem is almost over, with trimming the "colonised" fan leaves and the cleaning
The under side of the big lady is amazing how the branches are hard as rocks and do not bend.
:peace:

Prepare to be stinkified when supercropping, hehehehehe. Never knew, till I was on my first grow, roommate hollers from the shower, with no doors open, "Damn, I can smell that in here!" even under the running water, lol. I hadn't considered scrubbing the little buggers off the leaves before, I actually will definitely do that if needed again. I've got Dawn dishsoap, and toothbrushes are cheap. :) :high-five:

cool vid

Have you been able to eradicate mites with this method before? When I struggled with them in the past, I never found a real effective method of eradication. I ended up culling everything and starting over. This was in the 90's though, so perhaps there are better methods to fight them these days.

Subbed. Nice plants I'm running a sour diesel as well and she's twice as tall as all my other plants including Kushs I got from clone and the seedlings that popped same time as her. Anyways I'm tryin to pick up some hydro tips as I wana set up a few buckets soon, so il be tuning In n absorbing all the knowledge..

31 days from flip starting to bulk up and stinkin' like a skunk with it's tail on fire.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
light on temps 75-80, Humidity at 60 so I added the dehu and now a constant 45.
Spider mites are still a daily chore,and with the ladies in flower all I can do is water and a toothbrush and pray that I can hold them back until harvest,at which point I will wash the harvest (Doc bud method) H2o,lemon juice, and baking soda.
My air pump is slowly dieing so I changed the timer on the water pump to run for a 15 minute run every 2 hours and the ladies are loving the extra bing feeding.
I will try to pic/vid update over the weekend

Wow what a roller coaster life is.................On to the grow
My dog ate ................err drank my nutes
application for 2 week early expenditure denied by the money natzy (wife)
The 2 clones were surprisingly 30-40% amber but so covered in mites I took advantage of this time to let them flush out and spent countless hours fine paint brush in hand gently removing webs and mites from buds .
Then proceeded to wash them in a 5 step bath (not sure if this process has a name ) ,
bucket 1- 1/3 cup of peroxide
2- just water
3- 1/2 cup each lemon juice and baking soda
4-and
5-just water
wish i had the cam cause the stuff that fell off was nasty Hair, dried leaves, dust of all kinds but I did not see any mites left on the budds after the wash, I will check the drying every day to see if any happen to migrate out.
The 2 sour-d are still bulking up nicely and the bag seed has been back on nutes for 24.
I am working on a new room. My wife and I are moving as soon as this grow is harvested,
Specs are as follows:
allotted space 8'x8'x6'
a 3'x4' section will have separate access for light tight veg room, leaving a 5'x8' and a 3'x3' floor space for dehu, fans
lights will start out as 2- 400w hps,

The dryed weight 208g :cheer:
Unfortunately the root rot did not allow a good flush so I water cured sacrificing some weight-175g
The bag seed recovered from the flush and receives a 1/2 cup of h202 every day ( the air pump is on its last legs)
Trics are just showing 10-15% amber the final flush will commence Sunday.
Last but not least the sour-d are about a week behind but have become the new home for the mites.
Camera is still MIA

Hey Lurch, subbed! I just watched your video update on page 3 and will read the rest in a few hours. I too will be growing a Flux plant or 2 if I can get this THC Bomb to sprout. Let me know when you get going on your Flux and we can feed off each others experiences to maximize potential.

A camera has been found:cheer:
The baglady
IMG_20131105_090823.jpg
IMG_20131105_090849.jpg

110g removed due to high amber count
IMG_20131105_095426.jpg
IMG_20131105_124420.jpg

And the sour-d
IMG_20131105_090834.jpg

those nugs look tasty! :thumb:

I hate not having a camera cause this grow was a stellar learning experience and a pic is easier to remind me than words, but oh well,,,,,,,,,,,,,

total dry and cure weight for the bag seed 294g , :party:
The sour-d got harvested 2 weeks early due to major spider might damage = 140g :straightface: I wonder why the mites only attaced the sourd and not the bag seed?
1- 400w mh +1 - 400w hps,3'x5' canapy =434g
power usage of the room= 963w,
watts to grams = .45

after an intense cleaning and extremely close trim with tweezers both are a great smooth smoke even though it was early the sour-d is like a switch, 20 mins till lights out, Wife loves it. :party::yahoo:
The bag lady, I am not sure how to describe WAY intense, 6 people on a 3g blunt, we were blasted for 2.5-3 hours with a nice smooth come down. Much better than the bag the seed came from.:circle-of-love:
When I told our friends that this was the same as the upper end midds "KIND" we find around here they looked at me like I had 2 heads and just laughed it off as a "stoner story".
As we are in the process of moving , I will be building a new room and should be running about mid December.
Thanx for following.
KEEP'M GREEN

You have to be careful if you scrub the underneath of the fan leaves you may damage the sensitive surface underneath where the photosynthesis takes place. Light hits the top of the fan leaf but it is the underneath side that is where all the magic happens. the reason for this is...it allows protection kind of like a shield from the outside elements that could damage the leaves so nature makes magic happen on the underside. if the underneath of the fan leaves get dusty and dirty it will clog the pores and the fan leave will be useless. So if you ever thought about cleaning your plants. both the opt and the bottom of the leave should be wiped but the bottom should never be scrubbed or damage could be inevitable. I know this is an old thread.. just thought I throw my too sense in anyways.

Prepare to be stinkified when supercropping, hehehehehe. Never knew, till I was on my first grow, roommate hollers from the shower, with no doors open, "Damn, I can smell that in here!" even under the running water, lol. I hadn't considered scrubbing the little buggers off the leaves before, I actually will definitely do that if needed again. I've got Dawn dishsoap, and toothbrushes are cheap. :) :high-five:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom