Lurch's 800W Perpetual Scrog Startup

Your DIY is absolutely brilliant. Been looking through your past grows....grape ape looked like a forest.
This grow looking great too...I'm sensing frosty nugs!
How you liking the ilights so far?

Thank you sir I got a few that would make yours work easier, If your interested.
As to the light, I toyed with the controler but with the next grow being my first REAL LED grow( i used the ones you can now buy for $15 -20) and mid flower I wanted to concentrate on correcting both the nute schedule I have used for 3-4 years , and air intake/exhaust and all related to the environment. Cause at the moment if It all goes south I still got some kind of harvest.
I want to put these lights to the test.
test 1. just the light seedling/clone 8 week veg/?flower to harvest
A. 12/12 from seed till sexed then reveged
2. add the controler
3. add co2
4. Time. they need to last 5+ years to justify the massive price.
:peace:

That grape ape grow was a pain in the ass
the clones came with spider mites .
not enough light
missed res changes
Then a power outage left them in the dark for 3 days. fried my power box.
even with all that not a single seed to be found in 12 oz I think it was.
Did you see The rack it might make a reappearance in the farm later this year under led.

Thank you sir I got a few that would make yours work easier, If your interested.
As to the light, I toyed with the controler but with the next grow being my first REAL LED grow( i used the ones you can now buy for $15 -20) and mid flower I wanted to concentrate on correcting both the nute schedule I have used for 3-4 years , and air intake/exhaust and all related to the environment. Cause at the moment if It all goes south I still got some kind of harvest.
I want to put these lights to the test.
test 1. just the light seedling/clone 8 week veg/?flower to harvest
A. 12/12 from seed till sexed then reveged
2. add the controler
3. add co2
4. Time. they need to last 5+ years to justify the massive price.

Yeah I'm interested!
The controller looks awesome, just from there website and your journal and can see why they cost so much, if they have the life span to match then I think they are totally worth it.
You seem to have a pretty good game plan there, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes!

That grape ape grow was a pain in the ass
the clones came with spider mites .
not enough light
missed res changes
Then a power outage left them in the dark for 3 days. fried my power box.
even with all that not a single seed to be found in 12 oz I think it was.
Did you see The rack it might make a reappearance in the farm later this year under led.

Are the things we do for Mary Jane, people say men are slaves to their women and it's true....just not the women that they think!

wow time has been flyin' past lately!
been wrapped up planning an actual 10x10 room for flower and not sure if I can find space for a proper veg space to match.
18 days since last up date,
day 59
I was reminded why you do not put 2 or 3 plants ,of unknown genetics in the same bucket- plant 1 has about 70%milky 30%amber,should have been flushed starting 10 days ago
while plant 2&3 have just started changing to amber,
I will find my camera for a photo shot later.

I did wonder where all the updates were! Glad to have ya back, look forward to the pictures

OK,
Umm,
Ahh,
Well things keep getting crazier her at Lurch Farms,
Turns out this room is temporary!!!!!!!!!
good for winter growing but not for summer.
The new room was my bed room when I was growing up.
It is the only room in the house that does not have equipment that might require a service repair guy,and does not have a air duct (in or out) but both lines run through the ceiling.
At the coldest point this winter -5f out side the room does not drop past 50, and during the summer
So walls are down plants were moved , 3 lost there lives due to a dog/people traffic accident,giving me 8 1/2 oz of unflushed dried bud,:rolleyes3:surrender::yikes:
and now for the slide show
The 2 survivers
IMG_196215.JPG

The 4 corners of the new room
IMG_195913.JPG
IMG_196015.JPG
IMG_196117.JPG
IMG_195812.JPG

Wow what a ride.
The first hit is the only enjoyable hit,,,,,,,,
The rest of the bowl burns the shit out of your throat, due to not flushing
Most people would count this a failed harvest.
so first we got some 97% isopropyl alcohol and turned 8 1/2 oz = 6.21g of "brain drain" hash oil
and then added the 2oz of tric covered tim and another pound of frozen fan leaves to 60 0z of cocoanut oil for baking and my wife will use some for hand cream.
Very successful harvest in my opinion.
The 2 that were left added another 7 1/2 oz to the stash.
I feel that if I had left the HPS in after adding the leds final weight might have been better , the heat loss caused "FLUFFY" budds.
so that 7.5 oz looked closer to 16oz.
A definite plus to leds is stronger than before high from seeds taken from the same bag of great midds.
The next adventure is under way but I will not be starting the journal until I have my flower room completed, I find weekly updates of veg very boring if the flower room is empty.
Should be ready around may first.
Stay tuned.

nothing wrong with those harvest man,7-8 zips is way better than 0 zips,maybe not what you expected,but still a success

what you got going on with the yellow totes??gonna try a "cap'n style" grow? i HIGHLY recommend it.

All freakin right lurchfarmer

glad to see you going deeper with the dwc now a rdwc- cool deal,,,are you using a live or sterile environment?? i use those same totes and i find the plants seem to dig the Cap'n/heisenberg tea and took out my need for a water chiller

those fan leaves are huge,maybe a little calcium deficiency??

At the moment I run a dangerous game of live for the first 45-50 days of flower,than the week I start flush I remove the res and replace with a sterile bucket addng h2o2 at 1/2 cup a day for 10 days and at top up I change the water
So the deficiency is due to ether light in the bucket or not feeding enough

WHO ever said led growing ladies use less nutes IS FULL OF ROtting plant matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use AN senci nute line and have had 2 strains that could sit in full strength asking for more.
My control bucket is a 15 gal tote
A&N calls for 1/2 cup per 5 gal = 1100ppm at fill up, and 378 ppm at mid week fill ( tap water PPM =324)
At the moment fill=1600 and must wait till thursday morning for the mid week fill
THE RACK IS BACK
LED_RACK_012.jpg

36 seeds were cracked , 16 females

I am still here and growing been putting a lot of time in to this new room.
I have run into a dilemma
My veg space is 2x9'
my flower space is 10x11'
With 3 22" doors to pass through
I was going to run a perpetual harvest schedule until I figured out that scrog training in veg I would not be able to move from veg room through 2 doors (22 wide) in to flower room
It now looks like I would be better off putin all my eggs in one basket and run seed to harvest /dryin the same space, which will turn my hobby into a career.every 5-6 months
Any Ideas

that is a bit of a problem,although i know some growers that don't put the screen on until flower,in that case you would be able to get them through the doors

Again I say who ever said led grown plants use less nutes is full of rotting plant matter
In order to keep deficiencies at bay I now add half dose at mid week top up. Have not add enough to get nute burn yet.
Lets start with I have been beating my ladies up pretty bad,
started flower in RDWC 10 days
first_led_grow_028.jpg

Then to the rack, constant flow,
LED_RACK_012.jpg

few went ebb&flow as a centerpiece to the rack,using the same res, NO PICKS
And then returned to RDWC figured out roc wool and constant flow do no work in my set up.
may_9_015.jpg
may_9_017.jpg
may_9_022.jpg
may_9_023.jpg
may_9_024.jpg
may_9_025.jpg
may_9_026.jpg
may_9_027.jpg
may_9_028.jpg
may_9_029.jpg
may_9_030.jpg
may_9_031.jpg

On to the veg room we have CannaVenture Girl Scout Cookies
may_9_032.jpg
may_9_034.jpg

and Andirondack parkple
may_9_033.jpg
may_9_039.jpg
may_9_040.jpg
may_9_041.jpg

And the blue dream
may_9_035.jpg
may_9_036.jpg
may_9_037.jpg

Thats all for now :peace:

Look At the nodes!!!!! Wow, there are so many and yet their so organised with huge, thick stems!
I have a question, why have you stopped with the h202 being added weekly?
I'm inly asking because I'm currently using it too and I wondered if I should stop.

I'm also thinking about a future that involves RDWC, I don't really have the know how, skills or space to concert my buckets into the system I would like.

Looking great lurch!

Not includng the top node or the bottom 2 there are 15 nodes in 10" of plant.
Personal opinion, T5 fluro start a better plant than led, I think it has something to do with heat or the lack of with led in early veg

"I'm inly asking because I'm currently using it too and I wondered if I should stop."

I stopped later in the flower cycle because I got a new, larger air pump, the increased oxygen in the water from the pump added to the H2O2 caused the plants to burn from being able to take up more nutes than could be processed.
When it comes to rdwc and diy systems the hardest part is finding one that works for you and your room first.
Then finding the parts only to find out you forgot that pumped water needs a larger return and that air lines should be the same length.
It becomes consuming

Back
Top Bottom