Mars TSL 2000 or SP 250?

HigherTheHigh

Hello all in about to place an order for my new light but I need help choosing from either of the above mentioned.

I'm growing in a 2x4 specifically for yield on dwc so I'm wondering what people's yield is in similar size spaces and your grams per watt.

Also I did ask Sara about adding maybe 2 sp250's in a 2x4 but one was enough overall but would two of them be really noticeable overall to be efficient enough, I would have no idea of 15oz is possible in a 2x4.

Hiya @higherthehigh I'm by no means a expert and all I have to go by is my experiences with the numerous light fixtures I've used in the short time I've been growing...what I can tell you is I had to turn my single 240w QB down in a 2x4 space, it was too strong for my girls even 30' off the canopy. I think you'd be well served by one SP250 in that space. I got 7.5oz off three plants in my 2x4 last round. I probably could have eeked out a bit more but I think I need to be a better grower to do that, it ain't my lights!

Hello all in about to place an order for my new light but I need help choosing from either of the above mentioned.

Just going off their respective product pages... The SP-250 appears to be a little more efficient, but the TSL-2000 appears to be a little more powerful, and doing the calculations of "expected grams per watt x watts" puts them both in the same general neighborhood.

However... Scroll down and switch to the "Spectrum/PAR" tab. At 12" distance, SP-250 shows 944 PPFD (at the center), the TSL-2000 shows 1,436 - but the latter looks like it's slightly wider, lol, so it might have more at the edges of the footprint, too. The TSW-2000's corrected color temperature is slightly lower (3,610K vs. 3,900K). And (scroll on down) if you compare the PPFD area maps (shown @ 18" distance), the TSL-2000 shows higher at every point.

Get the TSL-2000. IMHO. Again, this opinion was arrived at by studying both product pages, not from personal experience.

Another opinion (although this one isn't so firm, lol) is that the SP series might be better used in a multi-light setup, while the TS series might be best when used singly in spaces that are matched to them. But that's kind of a hunch, not a calculated thing.

Somewhat difference in how it handles "humid environments", off their FAQ:

Is it waterproof?

TS is not water proof, please make sure to clean the light now and then in order to ensure its longer lifespane.

Is it waterproof?

The SP light is IP 65, waterproof. So using in humidity environment is okay.

As I was on the fence personally between the two, and for me was enough to go with the SP, may or may not be an actual difference but as I'm in my shed a tree could fall on the roof and put a hole in it in a rainstorm etc.....That and I liked the idea of the "heat sink" part of the SP too.

i asked about it: the sp 250 and the tsl 2000 covers the same growing area but tsl 2000 is 300w vs sp250 at 245w - both have the extension cords for moving drivers outside of tent? $10 difference - the tsl 2000 is a better light for the extra wattage? or they about the same?

smoke sara responded: they both uses 684pcs of led, same amount, but SP 250 puts the chips more closer, better penetration and using meanwell driver, and thicker heatsink, thus the SP 250 is higher price. TSL 2000 chips wider, so the coverage actually will be a little bigger, and it uses two drivers, so it can be adjust higher wattage than SP 250; While for the PPE, SP 250 is higher than TSL, so you can consider that SP 250 can save a little more energy than TSL 2000.

Hello all, thanks for the interest in the TS and SP lights first, @billy13778 mentioned exactly what I want to say about the difference on the two lights. :D they both will work great, just choose either one you think is more important based on your own situation,
- TS not waterproof, SP is waterproof IP65 :love:
- TS do not have thick heatsink, while SP is thicker, but this doesn't influence the usage of the light, and lifespan of the light as well :love:
- SP 250 has higher PPE,while TSL 2000 higher wattage so overall might be a little higher output. :love:

I like the SP 250 design better, but I love both lights on their performance. Either one will help you get great results. :circle-of-love:

"I would like to take this opportunity to ask a question, is this shipment from Germany to any European country? And if it is shipped from one European country to another, is it subject to customs controls? I ask because in my country you can't even grow a male plant xD and receiving a light with writing (LED GROW LIGHT) on a package that is checked does not make me feel comfortable. @SmokeSara
Cattura.JPG

"I would like to take this opportunity to ask a question, is this shipment from Germany to any European country? And if it is shipped from one European country to another, is it subject to customs controls? I ask because in my country you can't even grow a male plant xD and receiving a light with writing (LED GROW LIGHT) on a package that is checked does not make me feel comfortable. @SmokeSara
Cattura.JPG
Hi Kronik, if you are in the European union, we can ship from our Germany warehouse, because countries between euopean union don't need to pay tax. :yummy: But if you are in other countries like Switzerland or Turkey, these are in Euro, but not in the union, we cannot ship there. Hope my explaination is clear. We do have many other countries shipping experience though, so If you want to make a purchase, you can send us email: info@mars-hydro.com let us know your country, we will check what is the best option for you. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom