Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

I agree that the 900 isn't ideal in a 4x4. But my thoughts in buying the 900 was to see if it would produce the same quantity and quality as a 400 hps. I might run it like Kriaze was saying, led in summer and hps in winter. I will wait till this grow is finished though to make my final decision about the light. Might even try it in this 2x2 mars tent and see how good it does there. I don't know yet. When I get more space though, I guarantee that I will post a journal with a side by side comparison of the Mars2 900 and 400w hps and let people decide for themselves if it is worth the cost to upgrade right now.

I do appreciate all the feedback! Thank you
GB80

I went from cfl to led so, yeah. I think strain and genetics play a large role in this also.

I can say that I get really good resin production. my pineapple chunk gave a few of my friends the " I aint never smoked no chit like this before" effect.

maybe a side by side is in order, eh? just for shits and giggles?

Thanks guys!
I'm going to let them finish under the led so I know for sure what it can do. With this size of og kush, under hps I should have pulled about 60-80 grams. Under this led I don't think it will break 40 grams. Who knows... the smoke may blow me away???
To be honest, I'm really tempted to put my 2 400 watt hps in there to "help" it along. But I'm resisting the urge and trying to let it do its thing.
There will be a side by side journal... eventually. I am in an apartment right now and when my wife gets back home we will be looking into buying a house where I will be able to grow how I want.
I have tons of grow equipment I've been hording up to use when I get myself a nice big shed:)

Genetics definitely play a role. My next grow should be interesting, as they will all be my home bred strains and ibl Blue Dream.

I wish it could be like that, but it has to be out of view of the public in a locked area(technically). I will be trying a greenhouse grow or maybe an outdoor grow if I get a place with no neighbors. Guess we shall see.

Update- no pics today
OG Kush is looking good, definatly getting some smell and frosting up a bit. Bud boosters have been fed and it seems to be doing what it was supposed to. Buds are swelling a tad. Really getting a good sweet bubblegum smell when I spread her apart. Not sure why as she never smelled that way before. Maybe the LED? Not a big fan of bubblegum flavors but the smell is... intoxicating! I'm really digging this smell!
Pictures to come in a day or two.
Stay medicated!
GB80

Pic time. Lights out because I think the clean light from the flash is a lot better of a pic than the LED light. As you can see the buds are starting to develop. A little behind for almost a full 4 weeks but they are there none the less. They swelled a bit with their first shot of Kabloom. I figure they are about a week behind (size wise) then again, it could just be the size of the plant itself. This is one of the smallest plants with this much bud that I've ever grown. Any who, here is the pic. Comments welcome.

Screenshot_2015-07-30-12-41-54.png

Here is a group shot of the 4x4 tent. I have a lot of small plants in small containers because I am using whats in there to produce feminized seeds. The now male Blue Dream will be put in front of the fan in a couple days and hopefully pollinate everything in the tent. I don't want to buy seeds online so this way I can pick and choose what I want to grow... as long as it's a Blue Dream cross.... :)
So what's in the tent is og kush, Blue Dream, skunk, cheese, citrix, the purps, fire alien og, and a unknown super sativa. Hoping to pollinate the sativa before she hermies on me. If I find any bananas she will be culled as I don't want her pollen in any other plant. So anyway, here is the pic. Wasn't able to get everything in the shot but you get the idea:) Comments welcome
GB80

Screenshot_2015-07-30-12-58-52.png

Hey GB, the pics look a lot better than when taken under LED. I see what you're saying regarding the plants looking behind, there doesn't seem to be an abundance of snow there either, or is it a case of that I can't see it in the photograph but it's all there? I'm only checking in on the iPad atm so it could just be my eyes deceiving me, will have a closer look on the PC later. The plants are looking healthy though, and whether they're behind or not they do look good :) I hope you're well and I will check back in later, all the best :thumb:

Hey Kriaze, it is frosting up a bit.. nothing to brag about for sure. That pic was crap, but all I have is my phone so I don't expect my pics to be the quality of yours:) Maybe after a while I will get around to buying a decent camera again.
She is pretty healthy for sure. No deficiencies since when she was just a clone. I think I got the nute schedule down to avoid most problems. The only thing I'm pissed about is when I brought the skunk in, I also brought in fungus gnats. However, I did just get all the freebies from SNS off their website, and I am going to be on a gnat murdering mission in a few days!
I hope this pic shows the frosting a bit better. Can't really tell how clear it will show up for everyone else but it looks ok from here.
Thanks for stopping in! Truly appreciated

Screenshot_2015-07-30-18-28-51.png

For those in the jello cup deal, here is a pic update for you. She is 8 and a half inches tall and about 5 inches wide from the widest points. I believe (don't quote me) she is in her 3rd week of flower coming close to week 4. I will hit her with some M.O.A.B in week 6 and finish her off with full power and Terpinator in weeks 7 and 8. Might try flushing her "the right way" this time to see if she tastes any better than the other purps. Anyways. Here she is in all her jello cup and pop tart glory!
Screenshot_2015-07-30-21-45-05.png

Knowing that the plant is 8 inches high and seeing it in the jello cup really puts the size of that pot into perspective. I'm not well up on American measures (6oz etc) and it came as a bit of a shock to see how tiny it is. GB...YER MAD! lol. Looks amazing for such a small pot, you sir know how to make a grow fun :) Shame about the WW, any ideas what the problem was there or was it a case of bad luck? All the best :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words Kriaze! I do like to have fun with my ladies, that's for sure!
I don't really know what happened to the auto widow. I think it was the coco because it was the same container i was using for the Candied Alien that turned male. I didn't flush it out before my buddy put the seed in so I believe it was just too hot for it and burned it before it had a chance. Sometimes it just dosent go the way you want it to, and that's ok. Just gotta keep on truckin'

Mussh - lol... hope she gets there. She should start putting on some weight in the next week. I will do what I can to get the most out of her!

So with all the debate about defoliation I figured I'd do my own side by side. These are both blue dream clones taken the same day, rooted the same day, smaller one wasnt put in the flower tent till 4 days ago so the larger one has about 3 days on it and only one will have defoliation, the other will be left alone to grow as nature intended.
Some are saying one is bigger than the other... yes that is true, but I chose these two plants because they have about the same number of "potential bud sites". To see if defoliation helps, I chose the shorter of the 2 to defoliate. Pics were taken before I marked the cups, but they have been marked now. I'm wanting to see which one stays healthier, produces bigger/fuller buds and grows more vigorous. Not too concerned with weight as neither will be much, but I will take that into consideration also. Both will be fed only maxibloom, and MagiCal, no other additives to keep it as close to fair as possible, and the defoliated plant will get 3 more days to keep it fair. So let's start the side by side.

Screenshot_2015-08-05-19-48-37.png
Screenshot_2015-08-05-19-48-31.png

Back
Top Bottom