Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

Great idea GB. I've looked into defoliation myself and while some swear by it others state that the plant losing it's leaves will be bad for it. I tried a defol on my first grow but that was literally just before the plants almost died so I've been wary of it since. I didn't touch the last grow but I'm still wondering if I could have increased the yield by doing so. I await the outcome in anticipation. Good luck :thumb:

Thanks bro! I'm going to try it and see. I have always defoliated heavily and I think it helps. But hey, I'll give it a go and whatever wins will be what I do till I can get a true large scale side by side done. We will see though for sure. I did try to get as close of a side by side that I am capable of at this time.

Yay- Just noticed I had over 500 likes!!!
Thanks Everyone!:thanks:

Just a couple pics.

OG Kush
Screenshot_2015-08-06-17-24-31.png

Jello cup Purps
Screenshot_2015-08-06-17-23-08.png

Blue dream bud shot in same tent
Screenshot_2015-08-06-17-22-45.png

Doing well there, nice flowers :thumb:

------------------------------

So with all the debate about defoliation I figured I'd do my own side by side. These are both blue dream clones taken the same day, rooted the same day, smaller one wasnt put in the flower tent till 4 days ago so the larger one has about 3 days on it and only one will have defoliation, the other will be left alone to grow as nature intended.
Some are saying one is bigger than the other... yes that is true, but I chose these two plants because they have about the same number of "potential bud sites". To see if defoliation helps, I chose the shorter of the 2 to defoliate. Pics were taken before I marked the cups, but they have been marked now. I'm wanting to see which one stays healthier, produces bigger/fuller buds and grows more vigorous. Not too concerned with weight as neither will be much, but I will take that into consideration also. Both will be fed only maxibloom, and MagiCal, no other additives to keep it as close to fair as possible, and the defoliated plant will get 3 more days to keep it fair. So let's start the side by side.

Curius about how side by side defol will turn out. ;)

Thanks G!
Me too, that's why I'm going to give it a try:thumb:
Hopefully we defoliators:)are right in doing what we do!

Think, believe its right thing to do. :)

:high-five:

---------------------
OG Kush top and side shot of the same bud. Looking like she is packing on some weight!
:drool: :cheer:

Alot of trichs, very frosty, gonna be a good smoke ;)

------------------

Thanks Ganjazz and Kriaze!
Thank you too Evo and H.H.!
I don't think this is the best bud, but it is the one I have been showcasing since the start of flower. I think the quality will be there, just not the quantity I was looking for. I'm going to hit it twice in week 7 with M.O.A.B then start my flushing regimen for another week or two depending on the tricombs. Looking for 50/50 to mostly amber at harvest for this one (hopefully the seeds have developed fully)

Good find catching the big purp's deficiency quickly there GB. I'm sure you'll have that sorted soon enough. A 12 leaved leaf eh? Could this be 3 times the luck of a four leaved clover? I hope so, all the best mate :thumb:

Just a quick pic of the OG Kush. Went ahead and hit her with the M.O.A.B since I was doing the other plants with Kabloom. She is looking good and stinking up my apartment when I open the tent. Brushed my arm against her while I was moving some stuff around and my arm was sticky as hell! So she will definatly be able to produce some great oil. So here she is the Beautiful OG Kush!

Screenshot_2015-08-09-20-13-59.png

On a side note, the dog pulled the Blue Dream male and tore it apart while i was filling jugs. I tried to salvage what was left of it and just put it in a bag to see if the pollen would drop as it dried. Might not be any seeds to the winner of the Jello cup purps if the plants haven't been pollinated already. If that's the case I will send the winner a new glass pipe and a couple other seeds I have on hand at the time. I hope everyone is ok with that...? Sorry, but $hit happens, and we do what we can to adapt and overcome!
GB80

Just a quick pic of the OG Kush. Went ahead and hit her with the M.O.A.B since I was doing the other plants with Kabloom. She is looking good and stinking up my apartment when I open the tent. Brushed my arm against her while I was moving some stuff around and my arm was sticky as hell! So she will definatly be able to produce some great oil. So here she is the Beautiful OG Kush!

Screenshot_2015-08-09-20-13-59.png

On a side note, the dog pulled the Blue Dream male and tore it apart while i was filling jugs. I tried to salvage what was left of it and just put it in a bag to see if the pollen would drop as it dried. Might not be any seeds to the winner of the Jello cup purps if the plants haven't been pollinated already. If that's the case I will send the winner a new glass pipe and a couple other seeds I have on hand at the time. I hope everyone is ok with that...? Sorry, but $hit happens, and we do what we can to adapt and overcome!
GB80

On the bright side your dog knows what to do with the males lol

On the bright side your dog knows what to do with the males lol

Not my dog, watching a neighbors dog while he is deployed.
It would have been cool any other male, but this was my feminized pollen male for breeding seeds so it kinda sucks. I think I might get enough pollen from it to try and get a few seeds, but not like I was hoping for. I really dislike buying seeds, and I hate dealing with other people's clones and the issues associated with them. Sucks that I gave my buddy my mother's and the tent..... oh well

Aw man, sorry to hear that. I'm sending good vibes man, I hope the pollen works out so you can chalk this one up as a success with a good story to go with it.

I hear you about the clones. The ones I was supposed to get I wouldn't allow into my grow room. Guy was an outdoor grower and until I get to the point of a secondary tent, no outdo in my indo :laugh:. I like seeds, I think they are fun but ya, I have trust issues when sending money to an overseas company.

Hey GB I hope you are well over there. It's shitty reading what happened to your plant but I hope you haven't let it get you down. Onwards and upwards mon ami, sending you some good karma over and awaiting your updates. All the best :thumb:

Hey Kriaze, thanks man, I'm doing good. Just been busy. I'll get an update in a couple days. So far I have some tricombs going cloudy so I'm going to start the flush (my version) in a day or two. Give it 2 weeks or so then chop. Really wanting 50/50 cloudy/amber, but I'll settle for cloudy - some amber. Not going to be picky since I'm digging in my 1 month cure stuff now.

Back
Top Bottom