Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

Make a note to yourself to have a talk with PeeJay about paranoia and strains. He's very sensitive, too, and he's found some strains that don't have that edge to them. I think the effect is mostly strain-related, but yes, the Kit also helps smooth out the high.

:thumb:

The sativas that many of us like to grow are off-limits, though. :laugh: Myself? ... gotta have the speedy buzz. :slide:

I have to admit, I don't partake much any more. When I hit 20, I started to get paranoid all the time when I smoked. I just naturally didn't want to feel that way and just stopped. I gift to my friends what I harvest.

Now that I'm older (mid 40's), my body is breaking down from the type of work I do. I'm interested in the medicinal qualities of cannabis that may help me. I've heard that Hi-Brix cannabis doesn't get you all paranoid, so I'm hoping for the best. It would be nice to enjoy it again. My friend made a tincture from a Jock Horror a couple years ago. It worked well for my back pain, but still made me paranoid.
I guess I will keep experimenting with different strains and perhaps edibles to see what (if anything) works for me.

I love to grow the plant though. If all else fails, I'll still grow and gift to my friends.

masonman, may i invite you to this thread? it was started by shiggityflip :)
Black pepper a cure for cannabis related anxiety?

Make a note to yourself to have a talk with PeeJay about paranoia and strains. He's very sensitive, too, and he's found some strains that don't have that edge to them. I think the effect is mostly strain-related, but yes, the Kit also helps smooth out the high.

The sativas that many of us like to grow are off-limits, though. :laugh: Myself? ... gotta have the speedy buzz. :slide:

I dont get speedy..maybe im growing them wrong! :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

Later this evening, I'll search the forums for PeeJay and maybe start making plans for my next strain to grow. The Jock Horror is pretty edgy. One bong hit was too much for me. The only cure I had on hand was alcohol... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Fast Buds - West Coast OG. Free US delivery.

This Is a Fast Buds strain that claims to help with stress and anxiety and claims to not carry over the paranoia effect. Its on our 420 sponsor page. HAZE.IO is the company.. Great place to buy great beans. Alot of Fast Buds line up helps with stress and anxiety. :thumb:

p.s. If ya do order from HAZE.IO anytime near or future tell em STIHL LOGGER sent ya.

Later this evening, I'll search the forums for PeeJay and maybe start making plans for my next strain to grow. The Jock Horror is pretty edgy. One bong hit was too much for me. The only cure I had on hand was alcohol... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I haven't seen him around lately so be patient about a reply to any PM or post ... :Namaste:

OK... Quick and dirty model of the light trap I built into my cabinet

From the front

Light_Trap_1.PNG

From the bottom

Light_Trap_2.PNG

All surfaces of the trap were painted flat black. Works great. With LED on, and spare room completely dark, I cannot even see the slightest glow coming from underneath the cabinet. So, light must not be getting in either.

And now that I look at the model, there is a 2X6 shelf I forgot to draw that prevents light from shining directly down into trap. You can see it in the photos I uploaded earlier though.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for ideas on trapping light.

Aw sweet, we're using the same exhaust fan! I love that thing! Especially the little flaps that spring closed when the fan turns off to keep the environment sealed.

Good call on the variac, I initially tried to use one of those cheapo "speed controller" doohickeys but it caused the fan to emit a very pronounced electrical buzzing noise. When I switched over to the variac, it couldn't possibly be more quiet! Literally no sound but the whoosh of air passing through it. :)

Aw sweet, we're using the same exhaust fan! I love that thing! Especially the little flaps that spring closed when the fan turns off to keep the environment sealed.

Good call on the variac, I initially tried to use one of those cheapo "speed controller" doohickeys but it caused the fan to emit a very pronounced electrical buzzing noise. When I switched over to the variac, it couldn't possibly be more quiet! Literally no sound but the whoosh of air passing through it. :)

Yes, fan is very quiet except for the sound of air rushing through it. Mine didn't seal well around the duct attachments I hooked it to, So I taped the joints. No big deal. I had a very tight area to work with, and everything didn't line up perfectly for the built in gaskets to work properly. Basically, the fan is connected directly to the wall flange, and the filter is connected directly to the fan. I was stressing finding quality fan/filter combo that would fit my specs and my room... lol!

The variac was expensive, but I read a lot of negative reviews on the cheap speed controllers. Some claimed excessive noise and others claimed it damaged the fan itself. The variac is a large hunk of metal, but works great.

Thanks for stopping by... :thumb:

Day 25 Veg

Previous photo update was actually day 24.

Sprayed with Brix about 5 minutes before lights came on at 8PM.

Everything looking well. Not much has changed since I topped her. Guess she's still a little stressed.

Speaking of stress, I mixed my application of Destress wrong the other night. Gave her a spraying of 1ml /oz when it should have been 1/2ml /oz. Good news is it didn't kill her. Actually, I have noticed absolutely no problem with the plant, other than some Destress residue still spotted on the underside of the leafs. The kit appears to be forgiving to the absent minded :loopy:

DSCN004412.JPG
DSCN004312.JPG
DSCN00427.JPG

This has to be the one of the most organized single plant grows I've ever seen. Good job!

Welcome to :420:

Thank you Radogast...

I had almost 2 years to plan for this setup before I was able to pull the trigger. The hardest choice to make was hydro/dwc/aeroponics/soil/hempy buckets, super soil, etc...

That is, until I stumbled upon Doc's kit. I realized then, that quantity wasn't the most important thing to me, considering I have 2 unused spare bedrooms to use as I wish. I want quality. Something I can be proud of. I'll end up giving most of it away anyway. After following Doc's journals for the last year and a half, there is no doubt I'll be pleased with the results. I've seen a few first timers knock it out of the park. If I do half as well as the rest, I'll be pleased.

About the DeStress spots ... ?

I'm not seeing what I expected. If it's just ... how to describe it ... like water spots on dried glass? If it's just that whitish spotting then pay no attention to that - that's nothing.

I'll sometimes actually get gummy brown residue from drops that caught in a crevice or on the end of a down curved leaf tip. But I'm careless about when I spray (often at mid-day, tsk) and some places get hit a little hard, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

About the DeStress spots ... ?

I'm not seeing what I expected. If it's just ... how to describe it ... like water spots on dried glass? If it's just that whitish spotting then pay no attention to that - that's nothing.

I'll sometimes actually get gummy brown residue from drops that caught in a crevice or on the end of a down curved leaf tip. But I'm careless about when I spray (often at mid-day, tsk) and some places get hit a little hard, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gummy brown residue is exactly what I have. My main concern was I mixed it to hot. 1ml /oz instead of 1/2ml /oz. I was afraid it would burn.

I figured it was time for a rain shower anyway. Straight water in my atomizer and I gave her a good bath tonight to get that stuff off.

Something else I noticed... Bottom leaves are starting to yellow from the tips to about a half inch down the leaf. All new growth and upper leaves look beautiful. Is this normal, or should I take a pic and let Doc look at it on the Hi-Brix thread? Other than the Destress being too hot, I'm pretty sure I've followed the directions to the letter.

My experience is limited, but my instincts tell me if the new growth is fine, don't worry to much about the lower leaves.

Anyway, here are a couple pics. Of course, it's really hard to tell what I'm talking about since the flash tends to wash everything out. Hopefully the close up shows a little better the yellowing on the tip of the bottom center leaf.

3-21_2_.JPG
3-21_1_.JPG

Gummy brown residue is exactly what I have. My main concern was I mixed it to hot. 1ml /oz instead of 1/2ml /oz. I was afraid it would burn.

I figured it was time for a rain shower anyway. Straight water in my atomizer and I gave her a good bath tonight to get that stuff off.

Something else I noticed... Bottom leaves are starting to yellow from the tips to about a half inch down the leaf. All new growth and upper leaves look beautiful. Is this normal, or should I take a pic and let Doc look at it on the Hi-Brix thread? Other than the Destress being too hot, I'm pretty sure I've followed the directions to the letter.

My experience is limited, but my instincts tell me if the new growth is fine, don't worry to much about the lower leaves.

Anyway, here are a couple pics. Of course, it's really hard to tell what I'm talking about since the flash tends to wash everything out. Hopefully the close up shows a little better the yellowing on the tip of the bottom center leaf.

3-21_2_.JPG
3-21_1_.JPG

The lower leaves tell me a bit of a story in your case:

They were nitrogen starved for a brief time and then you gave a Transplant watering, which is NH3 nitrogen. You roots are just starting get hooked up with the soil, hence the olive green color of the new growth. Olive green leaves that have a natural sheen and a waxy coating are what we all strive for. It's a sign that the microbes are happy and doing their work.

Give a Growth Energy feeding next time you feed and you'll see the leaves green up a bit more.....but that olive color is what you want in bloom.

So, the lower leaves might green up a bit more. Then again, they might not. They'll get trimmed off either way, eventually.

I think you'll have a very nice harvest on this plant!

Day 28 Veg

Soil dried out and she was just starting to get droopy, so time for water and 1/4 strength Transplant, and Destress.

This time I measured the water she used. It too 12 cups to fill the container that I soak the pot in. After soaking for 5 minutes, I poured some over the top of the pot to make sure she got all she could take. I had just over 9 cups left after draining her. So, I'll round up to 25%

The math says I need to quadruple the amount of "drench" to make sure the soil gets its full dose. Maybe I need to find a smaller container... lol

OK, My big question for today. The kit directions are for 6 plants in 7 gallon pots. I have 1 plant in a 1 gallon pot. Assuming drench at 1oz divided up for 6 plants, I get 5ML per plant in a 7 gallon pot.

Do I still need to divide 5ML by 7 to get the proper dose for a 1 gallon pot? That would be about .7ML for drench and .175 ML for 1/4 strength Transplant. Of course, I would still have to quadruple that for my container size.

Anyway, here are the pics... (sorry the color is off, left the door open to the cabinet and that nasty purple light spilled all over everywhere)

3-23_3_.JPG
3-23_2_.JPG

And I finally found a saucer that would be large enough to hold my 20 gallon fabric pot, yet small enough to fit in the cabinet and be able to bottom feed. I have about a 1/4 inch clearance from saucer to door... lol

3-23_1_.JPG

The quick and memorable rule of thumb I use is 1/2 to 1 unit per gallon of soil.

I use 3-6 ml drench (typically a 4-5 ml "plop") and .3-.6 ml Tea per 6 gallon pot.

You'd use 0.5-1ml and 0.05-0.1ml for your 1 gallon pot.

Back
Top Bottom