Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

Day 29 Veg

She loved playing in the water yesterday. She's reaching for the light again!

3-34_3_.JPG

Picture perfect !

That is gonna be one seriously productive plant.. I can see her waiting to spring. Keep it up Mason. Id love to try Doc's system one of these days.. Ill just have to do it during the winter when I can "scale down" and make it a more personal grow. :high-five:

That is gonna be one seriously productive plant.. I can see her waiting to spring. Keep it up Mason. Id love to try Doc's system one of these days.. Ill just have to do it during the winter when I can "scale down" and make it a more personal grow. :high-five:

I did an outdoor grow last year. Used Promix, EWC and Happy Frog Fruit and Flower for an amendment and well water. The only thing else I did was spray with neem oil a couple times during flower when I noticed a couple caterpillars. I got a late start and she fell off the deck on to her head once, but produced 8.5oz of some very good smoke.

This plant is amazing compared to last years grow. She loves the kit soil which is still Promix and Earth Worm Castings, but with amendments formulated specifically for Promix and our girls of course.

Here is a link to DocBud's Hi-Brix journal if you haven't already found it.

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Until then, Hope you enjoy watching what an indoor newb and kit soil can do:jawdropper:

Day 33 veg

Well, she was pretty dry, so Growth Energy, Tea and 1/4 strength Transplant.

She's not looking happy. For the last 3 day, it appears as if she stalled. Very little new growth and she's not reaching for the light. She's not stretching at all either. I had the light at 18". I moved it up to about 22" a couple days ago.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I had her top 2 nodes tied down. I removed them when I fed her tonight. At this point, I don't even want to stress her more by spraying with Destress... lol

Hopefully the good feeding tonight will pump some life back in her.

BTW temps holding steady at 67 night, 77 day. Humidity steady at 45-50%. 18/6 light schedule.

She couldn't possibly need to be transplanted already, could she? She only looks half the size of Doc's plants when he does it.

DSCN006314.JPG
DSCN006215.JPG
DSCN0061_2_.JPG
DSCN006016.JPG

Hey mason.....there are more experienced guys who will chime in........are you really letting her dry out between full soaks? I know it was hard for me to learn....or for that matter be patient enough for the pot to completely dry out.....if you haven't been then I can see her being root bound in 33 days.......

As far as the light height.....I would get that sucker up there around 24-30 inches.....in veg they don't need near the light......heck doc vega under t-5......I know I have trouble getting vertical growth when my LEDs were too close........

Like I say just food for thought.....I'm sure others will set her straight.........

Hey mason.....there are more experienced guys who will chime in........are you really letting her dry out between full soaks? I know it was hard for me to learn....or for that matter be patient enough for the pot to completely dry out.....if you haven't been then I can see her being root bound in 33 days.......

As far as the light height.....I would get that sucker up there around 24-30 inches.....in veg they don't need near the light......heck doc vega under t-5......I know I have trouble getting vertical growth when my LEDs were too close........

Like I say just food for thought.....I'm sure others will set her straight.........

The pots are feather light when I water or feed. I've been thinking the light is too close. I don't want her to stretch too much, because I want to put her under a screen, but it looks like leaves piling on top of leaves. Nothing like my outdoor grow. Last year outdoors, it looked like the plants would jump right out of the pot to get to the light. Under this led, I'm lucky to have 1/2" spacing between nodes.

I'm gonna go in the room now and raise the light to 26-28" and see if that helps.

Thanks for helping out... to me you are the more experienced guy!!! I've never grown under LED.

Here are my observations:

1. You need to do the Wet/Dry stuff more.
2. Hang the light at the manufacturer recommended height for veg.
3. Vertical height is stunted due to the LST. It's kinda what you want if you have a super small cabinet, or you want to grow a 4 lb shrubbery. But if you are able to grow just a normal plant it's a bit easier for a new grower to manage.

Oh...could the containers be too warm? What are your day/night temps? They don't look like they're too cold....at least I don't think so....but they do look a tad like plants that got too warm. Is that possible? I just toss that possibility out there. Would only take a day or so of temps over 83 or 84 to do it.

My advice is the postpone or eliminate the LST UNLESS you are severely height restricted. If you're in a tiny cabinet then I'm pretty sure your roots got too warm. If the largest heat sink in the room is a black plastic pot....

Before I ramble on any more let me know if any of this is helpful. Problems are almost always environmental. The kit is pretty consistent and I'm sure you followed directions to a "T."

Day 34 Veg

She's looking a lot better tonight even though it's been only one day. All I changed was discontinued the LST, raised LED to 28". Of course, she had her GE and Tea yesterday. I will be investigating Doc's Suggestions further.

As far as temps, the GR is still holding steady at 77 day, 67 night. Humidity is currently at 43%, little low. We had a couple days last week where daytime highs got up to around 82. Grow room never got above that temp, but maybe it was close enough to cause the stress I was seeing, combined with the light being too close. I installed the AC 4 days ago to be sure I could maintain proper temperatures. Funny, I went from a heater to ac in less than 3 days. Plant has a better environment than I do lol...

Doc said to increase my wet/dry cycles. I thought I was letting it dry completely, but let me ask this to be sure.

1.) For a plant this size, does water/drench every 5-6 days sound right?
2.) Do plants get water and transplant soak between drenches in veg? GE >> Water >> GE >> Water
I seem to remember seeing that a few times in the Hi-Brix tread, buts it's not in the directions. I Soaked in water/transplant once between feedings.

Well, here are the pics.

3-29_3_.JPG
3-29_2_.JPG
3-29_1_.JPG

Originally, we alternated drenches ... Energy ... Water ... Transplant ... Water ... Energy. Then Doc decided that it would be better to give them 1/4 dose of Trans in the Water, so ... Energy ... T/Water ... Transplant ... T/Water ... Energy.

And then somewhere along the line, the Transplant feed in veg was dropped from the instructions. I'm still not sure about that. Throughout veg I still alternate with Transplant. I do believe that they need some Trans in veg. Mine always seem to respond better to a Trans feed than Energy. Once they hit bloom, I usually stick with GE.

The best advice on watering is still to let them wilt. Then you know fer shure. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Got a question...

For those of you that have used smart pots, do you wash or rinse them before first use? I still got some time before transplant, was just curious.

many people wash big pots too.
If they have been used before, I would. New?, no reason.

I treat them like clay or plastic pots.
I wash them when empty and dirty.

many people wash big pots too.
If they have been used before, I would. New?, no reason.

I treat them like clay or plastic pots.
I wash them when empty and dirty.

Thanks guys. Thought it may be similar to cookware that should be washed first to remove any contaminants from the manufacturing process. I was actually setting you up for the follow-up question... how? LOL

Day 38 Veg

Pulled her out of the cabinet to give her a good looking and to spray Brix. She'll be ready for water tomorrow. I suspect she needed it tonight, but I'll push it another day.

She's got a nice stretch to her now that I moved the lights up to 28". I can work with this. Time to start training her again. I really want to put her under the screen.

Couple pics before Brix and LST and one after....

4-2_1_.JPG
4-2_2_.JPG
4-2_4_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom