Mcloadie's Second Grow Journal

Now I remember which post I read about the grow app! I wanted to make sure Mc received the credit. Incredibly awesome idea. A few local friends that are also major computer nuts started brainstorming. The higher they got the ideas became crazy!

It makes it difficult to compare your progress to that of other growers in respect to time in flower ect., when different methods are employed. My main plants have been in flower 17 days if you dont count the time they took to show sex....I'm like " OH WOW!", but, when I say they've been in flower since the flip, the numbers go to 22 days, I'm like ya that's OK. There is still a little confusion, especially to newer growers. A standard grow report form would be cool, we could click on it and see exactly when the lights were flipped, when the plants showed sex ect.. My cuts are showing sex when I take them, so do I count the time when the plants they were taken from showed sex? If I should, I have plants that have been in flower for over 6 months! My mothers were taken from plants showing sex also, so if you count all that time too....you see what I mean? It's virtually impossible to get accurate times when everyone could be using different methods, comparing equipment, ect.. I am glad that science isn't like that, it would be a cluster f--ck! This conundrum reminds me of the way scientist date geological and fossil evidence, they date rocks by the fossils that are present in them, and they date fossils by the rock that they are present in. This is called circular reasoning, a method that scientist do not even except, however, this is the data that is used in many scientific studies, mostly by the community that purports evolution as truth, even though there is not one piece of evidence that proves anything has ever evolved. I am a firm believer in science... it confirms the facts of creation. BTW, plants that go into a 12/12 environment already showing sex don't finish any faster than plants that aren't, but they may have larger buds....more room for study.

I agree McL. About the issue of counting flowering days differently. I'm a strong advocate of counting from the day of flip. Everything else is variable, but we all initiate flowering the same way (let's leaves autos out of the discussion), by lowering the photoperiod to at least 12 hours of darkness. That ALWAYS happens, so it's really the only common reference we can all use to make comparisons. Even with that, the comparisons are not great because there are so many variables in environment and growing styles. Trying to count from the day flowers appear seems a bit foolish to me. A plant can show pistils while in 24/0 light. It's simply a sign of maturity. Obviously I can't count from that day! How do you determine the day a plant "shows" when there are a dozen or more plants? Are you going to keep track of 12 different dates for them?

Sorry about that McL. This topic always elicits a little diatribe from me. :blalol:
/e climbs off the soapbox and puts it back into the closet.

I agree McL. About the issue of counting flowering days differently. I'm a strong advocate of counting from the day of flip. Everything else is variable, but we all initiate flowering the same way (let's leaves autos out of the discussion), by lowering the photoperiod to at least 12 hours of darkness. That ALWAYS happens, so it's really the only common reference we can all use to make comparisons. Even with that, the comparisons are not great because there are so many variables in environment and growing styles. Trying to count from the day flowers appear seems a bit foolish to me. A plant can show pistils while in 24/0 light. It's simply a sign of maturity. Obviously I can't count from that day! How do you determine the day a plant "shows" when there are a dozen or more plants? Are you going to keep track of 12 different dates for them?

Sorry about that McL. This topic always elicits a little diatribe from me. :blalol:
/e climbs off the soapbox and puts it back into the closet.

Me too, almost as much as people referring to the cannabis as "dope".

pot, grass, weed, tea, reefer, ganja, Mary Jane, kief, scratch, herb, diggity dank they all work for me:) oh and light of life:circle-of-love:

I call it medicine alot now haha,

LOL...I'm glad you do! I DO NOT take big pharmas medicine...period...I'm 53 years old, I chunked all the govt. poison, grew me some medicine, and I'm all the better for it! I had about 20 ailments according to them, I've been smoking since I was 6, arthritis riddled body...LOL....I feel good mostly, and when I don't I roll me up some medicine and BAM!, I'm ok again! What idiot would think that they could lie to a whole world of people and they would beleive? The proverbial cat is out of the F'n bag, and he aint goin back in with his skin!

lol i just moved out of parents so now i can medicate in my home and all day if i want lol, so i can medicate the only thing i might take is some over the counter tylonal or somthing for a cold. Pain? F that i got green!

lol i just moved out of parents so now i can medicate in my home and all day if i want lol, so i can medicate the only thing i might take is some over the counter tylonal or somthing for a cold. Pain? F that i got green!

Ok, check this out; I broke my back in two places when I was 18 years old, I dealt with reinjury and pain all my working life. I got a kidney stone at one point and in the course of reading my xrays the doctor said; " my god! you have a kidney stone alright, but man your back is f'd up!, do you have pain ". I told him the pain was constant and I did my best...period. Well, he said he would prescribe some pain meds and maybe that would help. 30 turned in to 50, 50 to 80,,,all the way to 180 norcos a month! Needless to say, I didn't feel pain, or anything else for that matter! At some point I learned that eventually the meds would take my liver out...at least. I still had things to do, I didn't smoke weed for quite a few years due to my line of work, but had still been around the crops the whole time! My physical condition worsened to the point I could no longer work, so the weed was an option. In addition to the killing of my liver I developed sleeping disorders, restless leg syndrome, mood swings (from the depression meds), and a host of other shit you just can't put your finger on. I got my card, weaned myself off the narcotics, and started living again. ALL my conditions are gone, except for the pain, the cannabis dosen't take the pain away.........it's just not so important anymore........it dosen't bother me the way it used to. So there you have it, that's why I won't be stopped, I reject the lies, and I aim to share my story AND the potential of the cannabis. IDC what the man says, I will continue in whatever configuration I'm in, they can kill my body, but that would just be releasing my spirit to go home and be with Daddy!

I live with diabetic neuropathy in my left leg. My old dr called it severe nerve damage.
MJ dosent kill all the pain but I can manage a lot better if I smoke. I have to sit or lay almost 24/7
w/o MJ. So I know this is medicine and not dope. Sorry I vented MC but I know what pain is
Not being able to grow my own medicine and take fn big pharm meds sucks ass.

I live with diabetic neuropathy in my left leg. My old dr called it severe nerve damage.
MJ dosent kill all the pain but I can manage a lot better if I smoke. I have to sit or lay almost 24/7
w/o MJ. So I know this is medicine and not dope. Sorry I vented MC but I know what pain is
Not being able to grow my own medicine and take fn big pharm meds sucks ass.

Oh no, vent all you want my brother, you're unable to grow yur own? If not atm, is there any way we can devise a system that you could operate? I am willing to do anything I can to assist you in making that happen. I am qualified.

Trust me I write these so called leaders weekly.
I called the rep in my district a bible thumper in
one of my mailings and asked why not legalize it.
Its God medicine. She dont write back anymore. lol
But I keep on putting the pressure on them.

One of the apostles once asked Jesus what was the greatest commandment, He said the greatest commandment was that we love one another, and that all the other commandments were based on the greatest one.......These people who claim to love God and either deny, or support people that deny us our rights as human beings DO NOT know MY GOD, and are simply religious!

Back
Top Bottom