Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

kind words dude, :thanks:...I still got one plant to harvest yet (today) and the thread will continue on, it is a perpetual grow so I hope you will continue to look in...:goodluck: with your build.
:peacetwo:bp

Champ..you're my idol!! I'm subscribed. While I won't do a perpetual grow, yet, I will implement the same strategy you're using as it will work perfectly for my setup.

Getting my box ready now, taking pics and will post as soon as I'm fully assembled and germinated.

Going White Widow and Train Wreck for my first grow..I wonder if this is a good mix?? The characteristics look similar for indoor growing..MORE RESEARCH!!

:yahoo:

So I chopped plant number 2 today (from the left side of the cabinet previously), at 63 days and after around 40 hours of dark. She has been hanging up under the shelf all day and will get trimmed etc 2mro...today i was just too busy and i figured lettin her hang for a day wouldnt do any harm...
So I took some (6)of the cfls from the veg room into the flower chamber, added another tray to double the floor space and finally got the 4 girls (which will be grow number 4 in this perpetual series, grow 2 was just harvested, grow 3 has 4 weeks more to go).. into day one of flower.
DSC_07631.jpg
DSC_07721.jpg

I only hope they dont stretch so much, cos there isnt really anywhere for em to stretch to...It wasnt my intention to let em get so big during veg and I ddoubt I will again with this setup...anyway the veg cabinet now looks like this...
DSC_0777.jpg

and heres the mum already wanting to give some kids up...
DSC_07741.jpg
DSC_0783.jpg

and as its saturday, regular update day, heres a couple of buds from the girls in the sides, these are now at 35 days...
DSC_07672.jpg
DSC_07681.jpg

Stats for grow 2 plant 2 harvest pt.1 2mro :ganjamon:

Good looking pic man!!!
Ur garden just looks alive,lol...healthy/happy forest of plants:)
They all look great,buds are looking nice also!

Nice of you to say so j4s2u0, Cant tell you how much fun im having..had a damn busy few days tho...im checkin by your next grow...that box u made is pretty cool man...i like your ingenuity dude...

Here is my diy (I know it looks like i bought it :)) drying cabinet. Its made from the box that contained one of the box racks that make up the sides of my flower chamber...(the boxes are what I drilled holes in and planted the 3 girls in that are currently in the side spaces)...onto the drying box...

I got the basic idea from :reading420magazine: of course...
here is the drying cabinet closed up, showing 2 doors in front
DSC_07143.jpg

Both doors open , empty cabinet
DSC_07254.jpg

Top door open, access to 2 top hanging lines
DSC_07156.jpg

Bottom door open, access to bottom hanging line, 2 shelfs and bottom shelf/tray
DSC_07165.jpg

2 shelves and bottom shelf tray, shelvs made from 2 layers of mosquito net stretched between wire frames, bottom shelf is foil lined cardboard with mosquito net sides
DSC_07274.jpg

Position of bottom shelf, net is level with air intake holes in cabinet sides
DSC_07244.jpg
DSC_07223.jpg

Top of drying cabinet, closed
DSC_07183.jpg

Top of drying cabinet, open..mosquito netting in place
DSC_07195.jpg

View from inside cabinet with top open
DSC_07206.jpg

The doors and top hold shut with velcro, all edges are reinforced with duct tape. The cabinet sits directly under my carbon filter and exhaust fan in the grow cabinet, so with the top open the airflow will go through the bottom of the drying cabinet, upwards and direct odours straight through the filter.
I know its rough lookin, but its just a prototype :) im use the same deign but some difrent material than cardboard next time

Ill post a pic of it full and in position in a day or so :slide:

Absolutely utilitarian design my friend!! A great little invention you have there, ought to work pretty good!! Although, instead of poking holes in the bottom I might have added more mosquito netting, maybe give a little better airflow, more bug, spore resistant....

I been takin i a bit easy today so my second girl is still under the shelf. She was cut yesterday, which was at 63 days, and she spent 24 hours just hanging upside down as a whole plant.Today I cut all the main branches and trimmed most of the fan leaves...i left a few around the main colas as they seem to protect them....So heres a few pics...no weights yet tho...
Seconds before getting her head cut off...
DSC_07582.jpg

all branches off main stem and 1st trim...
DSC_07551.jpg

the best lookin branch...
DSC_07542.jpg

and some popcorn quick dried (paper bag on top of ballast 8 hours), somethin for the wkend :lot-o-toke:
DSC_07571.jpg

already it smokes very smooth, subtle sweet taste, nice relaxing body high... certainly no complaints from me so far :ganjamon:
I do second trim on 2nd plant 2mro and get some preliminary total grow weights..
:thanks: for all the great comments and feedback from you all

So..first Happy Holidays to all those on holiday:)

I finally finished the second part of my harvest. The 2nd plant never made it to the drying box but stayed under the shelf for a week. I then did a bit trimming and now she is curing in mason jars...
1st girl has been in bags now for 5 days i think, after being in the drying box, she goes into jars today....so first up some buds from the 2nd plant (originally the left side of the cabinet during flower)...
DSC_07641.jpg
DSC_07831.jpg
DSC_07771.jpg
DSC_07801.jpg
DSC_07722.jpg
DSC_07673.jpg
DSC_07701.jpg
DSC_07682.jpg
DSC_0769.jpg
DSC_07871.jpg

So with 22.5g popcorn and good quality trim the final weight of manicured buds from plant 1 harvested at 60 days is...106g
DSC_0756.jpg

and with 24g popocorn and good quality trim, the final weight of manicured buds from plant 2 harvested at 63 days is...103g
DSC_07632.jpg

So from my 2 plants, each in 3 liter airpots (grow 2) I got 209g amazing bud and 46.5g quality popcorn and trim. My first grow (1 plant in 6 liter airpot) gave me 57g plus some popcorn...needless to say I am happy with my progress:Rasta:
Its a fantastic smoke already, I filled my first blunt wrap yesterday and WOW, smooth as silk, wonderful body stone but not dead in the head... I gotta say I think its pretty darn good:lot-o-toke: ...got another wrap on the go today and new DJ Hero 2 on xbox to keep me amused, and I m gonna attempt to make some cannabutter with my trim....as for grow 4, well after 1 week of flower the 4 girls are lookin like this...
DSC_0792.jpg

I have 3 in the sides (grow 3) theyre at 6 weeks, so 2-3 weeks left for them, I'll get some pics of them through the week, its not so easy gettin in with hthe camera at the moment:slide:

So thats all for now...thanks to those still following along and for your comments...I hope you all havin fun on holiday

thats an awesome set up with great results.

i was wondering if one strong light source for the bottom cabinet would cut down on the veg time?

or do the cfls discourage stretch and rather slow down growth so the nodes are packed?

or it doesnt matter what the light source is because the amount of veg time is dependant on your super LSTing that takes time no matter what?

What’s up Bassplayer
Your pictures are the best! I love the new toy. I going to follow along and see if I cant work out a perpetual garden system of my own.
~tintest
:nicethread:

thats an awesome set up with great results.

i was wondering if one strong light source for the bottom cabinet would cut down on the veg time?

or do the cfls discourage stretch and rather slow down growth so the nodes are packed?

or it doesnt matter what the light source is because the amount of veg time is dependant on your super LSTing that takes time no matter what?

Hey thinkerr, the only reason these last ones got so much veg time was cos I simply ran out of space in the flower room. I dont know what if any difrence the light source would make, but initially my grow was to be all cfls...I was then turned on to the idea of hps for flower and due too the low temps of cfl figured they would be more space efficient for veg than a single light source with heat issues if allowed too close to plants...I could be wrong tho..glad you like the results so far:thanks::peacetwo:bp

What's up Bassplayer
Your pictures are the best! I love the new toy. I going to follow along and see if I cant work out a perpetual garden system of my own.
~tintest
:nicethread:

Thanks for stoppin by tintest...I hope you are able to get success with your garden, hope i can be of some help to ya...:welcome::peacetwo:bp

Hey BP,

You got some super cool tech toys to mess around with there and boy do they sure work wonders for the pics (once you get the hang of them of course). Your pics almost bring tears to my eyes to see such beatiful looking trichomes up close with such detail, not to mention the number of other critters and the pet cat. It really is something to be able to see nature in all her glory, right down to the microscopic level.

Oh yah and great job on te DIY man, I always love seeing people build their own set ups and have them turn out serious yields of such quality. I am also really liking the DIY CO2 system and may improvise on something similar in the future.

Also I was gonna ask how you like using the biobizz line up and how it works for you? It seems like when I was reading through your journal you never talked about flushing and still came out with a smooth smoking product. I am just kind of curious because I use thebiobizz line as well, but cant imagine not flushing for the last 2 weeks still as usual. I dont know I just love being able to take as big ahit as you want and not have the slightest urge to cough and instead only taste nuggetty goodness!

Well just wanted to stop by aand ttell you what a great job youre doing here man. Keep up the good work and continue growin your own.

flo

Hey I remember you now! I'm guilty of looking in and not commenting, I didn't need too! What a haul of great buds...and more to come! You DIY is really good. I'm jealous! :ganjamon: You've got meds for those slipped disk now.
Been ill for month or so, so never looked in again until now.
Your planning and execution were/are perfect. Congratulations! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom