MH 400 Watt DWC Afgooey & Master Kush Grow

One quick update, i went to close the grow room for lights out and noticed day 2 of no nutes the nugs are swelling prettu noticably. I forgot pucs tonight but ill get them in the morning. I only have a few more days. Its sunday night and i was thinking of chopping thursday.. i might go later because i want all amber trics honestly. I have no need to have grown this product this dang gon long just to have a heavy buzz. Afgooey has some great genetics that make this stuff pretty potent and i want to get retarted high. I might give this thing 2 weeks of final phase..more realisticly another week though lol

One quick update, i went to close the grow room for lights out and noticed day 2 of no nutes the nugs are swelling prettu noticably. I forgot pucs tonight but ill get them in the morning. I only have a few more days. Its sunday night and i was thinking of chopping thursday.. i might go later because i want all amber trics honestly. I have no need to have grown this product this dang gon long just to have a heavy buzz. Afgooey has some great genetics that make this stuff pretty potent and i want to get retarted high. I might give this thing 2 weeks of final phase..more realisticly another week though lol

Hell..why not...and when you get ready to chop...give her 24 hours dark...they increase thc during darkness...the light degrades thc..

Hell..why not...and when you get ready to chop...give her 24 hours dark...they increase thc during darkness...the light degrades thc..

For what it's worth, I agree.

have not yet tried myself but i do plan on trying that technique this grow and have seen it elsewer and her it couldnt possibly hurt just dont forget ventilation you dont want bud mold
:peace:

thanx for stoping by my journal dude ! i just read urs from start to finish and all i can say is wow . couple quick questions. ur hps conversion light , that plugs into a MH ballist like mine right ? if so i was considering ordering the same bulbs and its nice to see / read they work good .

your nutes/ growing method , what made you decide to go with your GH selection and DWC ? and just to make sure this is just a pot a res and a air stone with clay pellets and coconut husk ?

hopefully i can be as successful as you with my setup . thanks again ! cant wait to see how much u pull off that beautiful afgooey !

thanx for stoping by my journal dude ! i just read urs from start to finish and all i can say is wow . couple quick questions. ur hps conversion light , that plugs into a MH ballist like mine right ? if so i was considering ordering the same bulbs and its nice to see / read they work good .

your nutes/ growing method , what made you decide to go with your GH selection and DWC ? and just to make sure this is just a pot a res and a air stone with clay pellets and coconut husk ?

hopefully i can be as successful as you with my setup . thanks again ! cant wait to see how much u pull off that beautiful afgooey !

Hey fof. Yes these lights are convertable. I have a metal halide ballast and didnt want to spend too much on another set for hps so i did some research and found this amazing hps bulb that runs on metal halide ballasts.. the trip about hps conversion bulbs are they are shaped to look like mh's

I went with GH because of nasa using it for theor crops. i figured if they trust it so do i, but further reading makes me wish i tried advances nutes. Nasa uses gh for veggies, not weed lol

Thanx for stoppin by bud and takin the time to read through. I appreciate that

how do you feed your plants in a dwc? i am a noob who has only grown in soil but i want to do a 5 gal dwc. i understand how to make one but not sure on how you deliver the nutrients to the plant. Do you pre mix the solution with water in a 5 gallon bucket then drop the plant in? how do you know when all the nutrients have been taken up? im just a little confused on the whole thing if you could give me any pointers that would be great thanks!

how do you feed your plants in a dwc? i am a noob who has only grown in soil but i want to do a 5 gal dwc. i understand how to make one but not sure on how you deliver the nutrients to the plant. Do you pre mix the solution with water in a 5 gallon bucket then drop the plant in? how do you know when all the nutrients have been taken up? im just a little confused on the whole thing if you could give me any pointers that would be great thanks!

Hey ilikebike, its a great question, ive seen so many methods and paranoid people its easy to wonder. Some people add their ph down and then wait them add their nutes straight to their resevoir but 1 nute type at a time. Some people fill the rez with ph'd water and get a small bowl and fill it half way,add the nutes (always add micro first) and stir then pour that bowl in the rez...but how i do it is i fill my rez with 3 3/4 gallons of water, ph it right there then add all my nutes directly to my rez using micro first.

I bought a ppm meter to tell me when i put enough in. say i made my rez 1350 ppm and tomorrow its at 1150 ppm then i know my plants ate 200 points per millionth. I empty my rez each and every weekend at 11:00 and i stay persistant with that. Mold and fungus are common so i change the rez as often as i can

Things around here have been going slow it feels like.tomorrow i start 48 hours dark then i finallt chop her down whoo hoo. going to post pics the day i chop of the growth if any the last week. Ive taken a pic every night or morning of the top ill post them in chronological order in about 2-3 days

y do you give 2 days dark before harvest?

oh and you should do a time lapse video with those photos, or even like a fast slide show that would be neat. just a thought .:peace:

To try to squeeze in as much dark time for trichome development as possible. I hear in bloom stage the plant does more growing in the dark. So ill also post before and after pics from before 48 hours darkness and after. Its my first time so im nor sure if this even works but ill have firat hand experience in 2 days lol
:high-five:

Hey ilikebike, its a great question, ive seen so many methods and paranoid people its easy to wonder. Some people add their ph down and then wait them add their nutes straight to their resevoir but 1 nute type at a time. Some people fill the rez with ph'd water and get a small bowl and fill it half way,add the nutes (always add micro first) and stir then pour that bowl in the rez...but how i do it is i fill my rez with 3 3/4 gallons of water, ph it right there then add all my nutes directly to my rez using micro first.

I bought a ppm meter to tell me when i put enough in. say i made my rez 1350 ppm and tomorrow its at 1150 ppm then i know my plants ate 200 points per millionth. I empty my rez each and every weekend at 11:00 and i stay persistant with that. Mold and fungus are common so i change the rez as often as i can

So then on your next feed you would make up 200 ppm..right...or do you always make up more...how much more???

So then on your next feed you would make up 200 ppm..right...or do you always make up more...how much more???

in my res ill flush every week and add fresh water and nutrients to all three... since i started flower, about midweek each res will be down about 1/2-3/4 gallon, so ill add back the difference in RO water alone at first, phd to 5.5. before and after i add back the water, ill check PPM, then depending on what the plants are lookin like, ill add some nutrient in(not full sched), just what i think theyll need; micro, bloom boost or a little calmag.

i guess if youre asking if you increase, yes you will, but according to your nutrients' feed sched, or by what the girls look like...

but im new to this as well, just passin along what ive tried, it seems to work ok i guess...

Yep, if they drank 1/4 gallon in a day and i have a 3 1/2 gal rez then they drank 1/14th of the dosage in one night so ill add 1/14th the recomended dosage of micro,grow,bloom,bigbud and budcandy. Usually always where i want it to be unless i add a couple extra ML or leave out a few ML

IMAG08721.jpg
IMAG08731.jpg
IMAG08741.jpg
IMAG08751.jpg
IMAG08761.jpg
IMAG08772.jpg
IMAG08781.jpg
IMAG08791.jpg

Back
Top Bottom