Morty's Photographic Journal Of Dubiousness & Rickity Science - Blue Bud

Finally got confirmation from seedsman. My freebies from the contest win are on the way. I went OG old school. I also stuck to Seedsman seeds rather than other seed companies. Gotta Rep the sponsors.

Seedsman - Skunk #1 x 10
Seedsman - Jack Herer x 5
Freebies Seedsman - Mama Mia x 3

It would be cool to open the pack with some extra freebies but not gonna complain with 18 already free seeds. Thank you Seedsman for being a legit sponsor!
Just now finding this journal, really impressive stuff going on here! I thought you won the IG seedsman contest, not POTM lol! Maybe should inter into that Contest as well? Only requirements are the seeds are from one of the breeders they sell and a bunch of tags... Great stuff UA

Gorgeous looking buds there UA! Glad to hear you are getting some Blueberry flavors coming through!
thanks brother, they are looking great just finishing up slow. Temps are in the high 60s to mid 70s and RH around 40%. These will still be two weeks I think.

Yoo. Liking the blue bud and all the pics urb. You do good work. Ill be hanging about if you mind. :peace:
Welcome to my little journal, thank you for the compliments, thanks for stopping by. Few more weeks and this one will be all wrapped up (oooh a cob pun!)

Just now finding this journal, really impressive stuff going on here! I thought you won the IG seedsman contest, not POTM lol! Maybe should inter into that Contest as well? Only requirements are the seeds are from one of the breeders they sell and a bunch of tags... Great stuff UA
I took a look at the IG contest. Unfortunately this breeder is not part of them so. Maybe next time. Thanks for popping in, appreciate the positivity!

Also want to thank everyone else this last few weeks for all their encouraging words. This hobby I dabble in is truly better having you being a part of it.

Ok the Blue Bud hasn’t been getting as much love so here are two pictures showing it off.

thanks brother, they are looking great just finishing up slow. Temps are in the high 60s to mid 70s and RH around 40%. These will still be two weeks I think.

Welcome to my little journal, thank you for the compliments, thanks for stopping by. Few more weeks and this one will be all wrapped up (oooh a cob pun!)

I took a look at the IG contest. Unfortunately this breeder is not part of them so. Maybe next time. Thanks for popping in, appreciate the positivity!

Also want to thank everyone else this last few weeks for all their encouraging words. This hobby I dabble in is truly better having you being a part of it.

Ok the Blue Bud hasn’t been getting as much love so here are two pictures showing it off.

Oh yer? Goin malawi style isi? Lol love to see how it turns out!

Thanks TMD, had to drag the plant out of the tent into some decent light, but worth it. Got a good look at the trichomes and they are cloudy with almost no amber. The Blue Bud will be two weeks longer than the Gods Blue Warp. Whenever that decides to finish.

Clipped off a small lower larf tester of the GBW that is outside in the sun to dry.

As for the cob, I was going to make 1, from a mix of the strains.

Flowers and pics are stunning. Gonna be a trim party soon! :passitleft:

Thanks Bob! Funny enough the trim will be easy as most of the fan leaves have fallen or died and the colas barely have sugar leaves that will need clipped. A nice change.

I have been pondering some things about my grow methods and resulting plants. For the most part the soil is improving but I am wondering a bit about my geopots. The pruning is excellent and it certainly avoids the whole root bound issue. But I am also not getting those mid sized roots that normally wrap around the pot. I wonder if the lack of these larger transport roots are impacting my plants ability to grow larger flowers.

I am considering growing in plastic buckets this next round to look for differences.

Thanks Bob! Funny enough the trim will be easy as most of the fan leaves have fallen or died and the colas barely have sugar leaves that will need clipped. A nice change.

I have been pondering some things about my grow methods and resulting plants. For the most part the soil is improving but I am wondering a bit about my geopots. The pruning is excellent and it certainly avoids the whole root bound issue. But I am also not getting those mid sized roots that normally wrap around the pot. I wonder if the lack of these larger transport roots are impacting my plants ability to grow larger flowers.

I am considering growing in plastic buckets this next round to look for differences.

You bring up a good point about the root system. I think to grow larger plants in a softy pot you need to go large and think no-till. 20 gal min.. thats my first thought.

Whats the reason a plant grows large/midsized roots? Likely she found a water source I'm thinking.

I water from the btm up, my pots sit in water about 1-2" deep in a tray. It takes about 24-36 hrs for the up-potted plant to find the water with several inches of soil in-between the rootball and the water source.

I should mention that I was selected by HSO to be a tester. One of many. I have a package being sent to me in the mail. All I have to do is document the grow on IG. Post lots of updates. No idea what strain it is or if it’s new or old. I suspect new genetics.

Of course I will be documenting those shenanigans on 420.

Excellent - great company to grow for. I have my first and only seed I ever popped from them and still have cuts going. I've been growing Chemdawg from them I think since 2015. 1 bean and many many plants. Still my favorite all time too.

Your plants look really really great. Love all those colors. Wow...

Glad to see you're letting your fans fall off. I do that. I think it helps the buds get bigger/fatter.

G/L with this final stretch! On course & gonna be a great one. Looks epic really. Great job.

On the 70 some cents... for now. If parliament can get the shit together and make cannabis legal for 7/1 this year, that will pick up the economy. The way its set up for the "hobbyist" grower is perfect really. Everyone gets to make a buck, guaranteed. It's the way it should be.

USA can't get their shit together so expect Canada to get an economic boost. Don't forget there's a shit ton of Americans that live close to the Canadian border.

When we find out they can purchase the good stuff for $12/gm. Things are going to change. I'm hoping.. and investing too, backing up what I say. So far my Canadian Cannabis stocks are up 35% this year already. If things go legal... I'm going to be pissed I didn't invest more.

Problem for me is I'm not Canadian so even tho I own property in Ontario, it's likely I'm not allowed to grow on my own property. Which sucks, part of my property is a peat bog... talk about growing hydroponically.. real deal there.

I unfortunately only started invested in February. After which they dropped. But, I am no dummy, I know they will be going up. 2 of the 3 stocks I have are tied to recreational (1 is pure recreational), and my third stock is in the US and is more of a Cannabis company bank. Things will pick up.

Thanks for the feedback on my girls, they really are looking beautiful, and the buds are so hard I can barely squeeze them.

Can’t wait to see what strain(s) HSO sends me. I know it should be pretty decent gear.

Checking the Gods Blue Warp daily, which means more photos, its the only way I can see the trichomes properly. Still not sure if I should harvest or not. There is quite a bit of amber but still some foxtails / white pistils.

The Blue Bud is pretty awesome. The trichomes are like a crystal shag carpet. This is where I see the quality difference between Blue Bud and GBW. Probably why you see one in their catalogue and not the other. No amber on her but starting to get some color on the colas.

Back
Top Bottom