MSquared's Organic Soil Indoor 4 Strain Grow - Perpetual

~~Picture/Information Veg Room Update~~

Veg is doing really well. I am only concerned with running out of room before I can put the next 6 into FLR which won't be until 11/20 give or take a day or 2.

I have 4 on the shelf in which I have a few more inches to go and they will run out so I have started thinking of what I can do if that does occur. I am thinking I probably have a week or so before I am out of space so I have a little time, I did say little correct.
Here are the pics of the 4 on the shelf.

2011-10-20_06-51-57_143.jpg

2011-10-20_06-54-15_760.jpg

2011-10-20_06-54-25_652.jpg

Now the 6 on the floor are the ones I will be putting into FLR on 11/20. these ladies are doing great, big, bushy and ready to go. To bad that have another month. I have plenty of vertical space from the floor to the ceiling so no worries there.
Here are their pics
2011-10-20_06-50-56_509.jpg

2011-10-20_06-52-06_111.jpg

So I watered them last night. The plants in the smaller 4g pots get 64z of water with a TBL spoon of mol. The 3 in the large black pots get 112z with a TBL of mol. The pictures are from this morning and they seem to have enjoyed their watering. It has been six days since their last watering/feeding. With the temps lower now and lower humidity they just don't seem to drink nearly as much.

I will be posting the FLR room update a little later on so come on back then. :thanks:
Thanks everyone!
:peace:

Looking really nice and healthy MS!

Smart move to reduce your watering schedule based on current conditions in the grow room. Watering and feeding schedules can't be maintained on a rigid schedule. Instead, you need to do what you are doing....Observe them closely day to day and only give them something when it is obvious that they need it.

There is nothing wrong with letting your pots dry out to the point that you even start to see a slight bit of leaf droop from the lack of water. I have found that this builds extra strength and resistence into them for the future, where soil issues and what not at later stages such as flowering can be more easily dealt with if the plants have been raised their entire lives to deal with fluctuations in water supply etc.

Again... Great job so far! :thumb:

Looking really nice and healthy MS!

Smart move to reduce your watering schedule based on current conditions in the grow room. Watering and feeding schedules can't be maintained on a rigid schedule. Instead, you need to do what you are doing....Observe them closely day to day and only give them something when it is obvious that they need it.

There is nothing wrong with letting your pots dry out to the point that you even start to see a slight bit of leaf droop from the lack of water. I have found that this builds extra strength and resistence into them for the future, where soil issues and what not at later stages such as flowering can be more easily dealt with if the plants have been raised their entire lives to deal with fluctuations in water supply etc.

Again... Great job so far! :thumb:

:thanks::thanks::thanks:
That was an OUTSTANDING description of exactly what I was doing!

I agree whole heartily with that exactly. I know a lot of people that seem to always be tinkering with theirs and I don't agree with that. I think if you maintain a stable environment, you will be able to see your plants needs so much better.

You know you seem to have a real articulate way of describing things! :thumb:

:thanks: again!

~~Picture/Information FLR Room Update~~

The FLR room is moving along nicely, with 2 stages of development in there I have to keep a careful eye on them so that I don't miss anything.
So I have 3 (CC1e, RB2b and RB4c) on Day 33 of FLR and the other six (CC1d, CC1f, CC2b, BCR4b, RB2c and RB3b) are on Day 12 of FLR.
All of them are looking really good in there. I watered them all last night as well so they looked really good this morning. I think they were just a bit droopy last night (which is their morning) so I watered.

On to the pictures...
This first one is of a fan leaf from RB4c that I plucked this morning to uncover a large bud site. It is so massive and healthy and I hated snipping it. I would have tucked it but that wasn't an option.
2011-10-20_06-57-44_509.jpg

This one is of RB4c on the left side of FLR - she is 41" tall and looking so beautiful
2011-10-20_06-58-06_853.jpg

This is one of the newer additions to FLR she to is on the left side and she is RB3b - she is currently 22" tall
2011-10-20_06-58-15_111.jpg

Here is CC1f in the middle of the FLR room she is 27"
2011-10-20_07-00-56_142.jpg

The next 2 are of one of the colas on RB4c - LOVE these pictures at this point
2011-10-20_07-01-15_620.jpg

2011-10-20_07-01-23_72.jpg

These next 2 are of RB2b
2011-10-20_07-01-33_962.jpg

2011-10-20_07-01-39_728.jpg

Here is CC1e
2011-10-20_07-02-15_106.jpg

2011-10-20_07-02-22_950.jpg

This brings everyone up to date with my FLR room.

Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention that I ordered a couple of the exhale CO2 bags today. I can't wait to get them in there and I will hopefully notice a difference with them in there.

I have another update to do after this which I will do a little later on. Its of the Clones - 1 set in peat pellets and the others are in my DIY cloner so stay tuned for that.
Thanks.

:peace: and BIG buds!

~~Clone Update~~

alright this is the last update for today. I took clones on 10/18
I took 16 for the peat pellets and prop tray and took 4 for my DIY cloner.

My last 2 runs of clones in the peat pellets went really well. I was able to keep the temps near 80 and same the humidity. This time I have to put a heat pad under the prop tray to keep it just above 70, but humidity is still good at around 85.

The cloner's water temp is mid 60's and they all seem to be doing well.

Peat pellet in a prop tray w/ humidity dome
2011-10-20_07-13-41_323.jpg

2011-10-20_07-14-07_503.jpg

Here are the 4 in the cloner. Please don't laugh I have other vegetation in the cloner to see what happens.
If anyone is curious to what the really pretty purple ones are they are called persian sheilds
2011-10-20_07-16-25_550.jpg

2011-10-20_07-16-36_51.jpg

I will keep updating the clone wars...
Thanks everyone!

:peace: and the clone war begins...

Plants are flowering great. Lots of trichs. The veg plants are also massive, not sure if you'll have enough room for them after switching to GLR. :}

Thanks Twelve! I hear that. That schedule looks very promissing. I think I may have a solution to the space I need which should give me just enough time to get the 6 on the floor into flr and then the bench veg plants onto the floor where there is virtually no limit for height.

:thanks: again.

~~Tuesday Morning Update~~

Hey all! Well things are going along very well so far. The weather is much cooler with lower humidity and that just makes everything just grow so nicely! :thumb:

Veg is also cooking along nicely and just waiting for their chance to get into flower.

I will have pictures and height chart tomorrow.

I am wanting to purchase some new beans soon.
Here is what I have in mind and if anyone has any comments on them that would be great.

here we go:
DNA ReCon Fem
Paradise Ice Cream Fem
TGA Agent Orange
EVA TNT Kush Fem

Just really wondering if anyone has any experience with these.

Thanks All!

MSquared > I have to agree, Winter grow is the best time to do it without having to run a/c all day. It will get so cold that with all the HID lights on the room barely warms up. I love it.

I noticed TGA Subcool does not do feminized seeds so how many will you get to increase the odds of having a female? Oh and where are you getting them at? Have not try those out myself but right now looking to run a few gear from Subcool.

MSquared > I have to agree, Winter grow is the best time to do it without having to run a/c all day. It will get so cold that with all the HID lights on the room barely warms up. I love it.

I noticed TGA Subcool does not do feminized seeds so how many will you get to increase the odds of having a female? Oh and where are you getting them at? Have not try those out myself but right now looking to run a few gear from Subcool.

:thanks: and yeah me too! really love the way lower power bills and much lower overall room temps and humidity.

I like at least 5 - here is the reason
With 5 seeds you plant all 5 - 1 is going to die someway somehow.
That leaves 4 - 1/2 is going to be male, its just the odds of 50/50
That leaves 2 - 1 is going to be stronger than the other which is where you ultimately get your clones from.

That is just from my experience, others may vary.

Sorry folks I forgot the memory card this morning after taking some really beautiful pics.
I will update everything tomorrow or tonight if I have time after work.

So with that said TGIF everyone! I hope everyone has a great weekend and all you new englanders better have your shovels ready for sunday morning, looks like a good one is coming through!

I have measured everyone and I will have the height chart and pics tomorrow or tonight perhaps. Let me just say that everyone and everything is going really well right now.

So thanks and see you around!

Good idea to germinate 5 seeds. If you get say, 4 females from that and 1 dies or is a male, do you keep all 4 or you still select 1 and kill the rest?

Yes, I would keep all 4, but the chances of that are slim.

I HAVE NO POWER! it has been out since saturday!! Trying to find a generator to keep my grow going, but doesn't look good.
I am sooo screwed. Not sure what is going to happen. Their last time in the light was saturday morning at 7am.
I really need some good juju coming my way, thanks.

:peace: and I hope everyone is at least safe after the winter storm!

You never know. The odds have a full spectrum of good/bad luck.

M/F ratio

5/0
4/1
3/2
2/3
1/4
0/5

Hope my math is right I failed Math once.
1 in 6 chance to have 4 females from 5 regular seeds. :} Never know!

Good luck with the power issue. Do you have battery pack or know where to rent one? Use that to light up some CFL just to keep the plants going. Or use many flash lights on them, lol. Long darkness will induce flowering for matured plants. You can still revert back to veg they'll be stressed but it's not the end of the world. Looking forward for some updates!

Yes, I would keep all 4, but the chances of that are slim.

I HAVE NO POWER! it has been out since saturday!! Trying to find a generator to keep my grow going, but doesn't look good.
I am sooo screwed. Not sure what is going to happen. Their last time in the light was saturday morning at 7am.
I really need some good juju coming my way, thanks.

:peace: and I hope everyone is at least safe after the winter storm!

Oh! Man! MS ! :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

That's terrible my friend.:smokin::smokin:

Hope you find a generator or something.

Here's good juju coming your way. :high-five::morenutes:

You never know. The odds have a full spectrum of good/bad luck.

M/F ratio

5/0
4/1
3/2
2/3
1/4
0/5

Hope my math is right I failed Math once.
1 in 6 chance to have 4 females from 5 regular seeds. :} Never know!

Good luck with the power issue. Do you have battery pack or know where to rent one? Use that to light up some CFL just to keep the plants going. Or use many flash lights on them, lol. Long darkness will induce flowering for matured plants. You can still revert back to veg they'll be stressed but it's not the end of the world. Looking forward for some updates!

All I can do is LOL - still out and maybe have it back by sunday... so like 8 days without power... I will post and upload pics once I know the extent of the damage to the girls.
The real problem is I now have 10 more that was in veg and are now surely flowering if they even make it. just not sure how I can flower 19 plants that are an average of 24"

Oh! Man! MS ! :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

That's terrible my friend.:smokin::smokin:

Hope you find a generator or something.

Here's good juju coming your way. :high-five::morenutes:

:thanks: so much! I wish we could find one, but there are ZERO available. We have ordered one, but probably not going to have it in time for this outage, but I will be set for any future outages.
I am trying to save the 3 7week flowering ones with a little natural light but I don't like having to do that for security sakes. I am just so saddened to watch them all day after day in the dark and cold.
I guess the one good thing is they still look good, no wilting or yellowing yet so just maybe the whole collection isn't lost.
I did have some causualities though. I lost all my clones so far, but I should be able to pull some more once the power comes back. I just really don't want to loose my Conf Cheese strain and the seeds are expensive.
so I had 3 at week 7 6 at week 4 and 10 that were in veg and are now flowering I hope. So I am going to retro my veg area to flower...

I just hope it comes back soon...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!
:peace: and power to all!

Hi MS...... still no lights, bummer! If you can get any kind of light on the flowering girls, that would probably save them. Just so they are getting some light. Worth a try at this stage. I sure do hate this for you.

Maybe they will come back on soon. :high-five:

Wow, MSquared, that's so uncool. I wish I could beam you some power. Keep us posted.

Me too my friend. :thanks:

Hi MS...... still no lights, bummer! If you can get any kind of light on the flowering girls, that would probably save them. Just so they are getting some light. Worth a try at this stage. I sure do hate this for you.

Maybe they will come back on soon. :high-five:

Thanks guys, but I have REALLY GOOD news! Power is back finally and they had a good night of light on them finally so I am going to do a 2 part update.
The first is going to be of FLR room, the first 5 pics are of 9 days ago and the 2nd 5 is of this morning after having lights for a day.

I think they are all looking good still, I think the cooler (around 52) temps during no power must have help preserved them.
So here we go.

These first 5 are before no power on week 6 and the others in FLR are on week 3.

JBPO_DSC00104.JPG

JBPO_DSC00105.JPG

JBPO_DSC00107.JPG

JBPO_DSC00108.JPG

JBPO_DSC00111.JPG

These 5 are of 1 night of power back on and are currently on week 7 for 3 of them and the others in FLR are on week 4.

DSC0011712.JPG

DSC0011910.JPG

DSC001218.JPG

DSC001236.JPG

DSC001249.JPG

I didn't loose any and there were not too many yellowing leaves, so I am thinking they will be ok. This may have pushed them back a week but again looking really good.

I am going to do a veg update next with before and after power out.

Thanks
&

~~ VEG Room Picture/Info Update~~

Veg was not a concern during the power outage we sustained for a week, I was more concerned about FLR, but I again think that the lower temps (low 50s) and stable humidity (right at 50%) helped them stay green and even grow just a little. There were some dying leaves, but no real problems that couldn't be corrected with a little time, light and a good feeding.

Here is the height chart
HeightChartClones9.jpg

These next 3 are before power out. I think I took these 3 on 10/29
JBPO_DSC00101.JPG

JBPO_DSC00102.JPG

JBPO_DSC00103.JPG

The next 3 are from 11/7
DSC001289.JPG

2011-11-07_06-44-37_937.jpg

DSC001296.JPG

I think everyone is going to be alright and I am so relieved. I really didn't want to buy more beans of my Conf Cheese, but I should now be able to clone them one more time.
Which I will be doing tonight, yeah fun!

Thanks
&

Back
Top Bottom