MSquared's Organic Soil Indoor 4 Strain Grow - Perpetual

Thanks and no, I typically do it just before lights on. I have been really fortunate to have never had PM (knock-on-wood or my head :) ).
I really feel for anyone who has had it. the milk/water method is something I have used more times than I can count on my veg crops and always works wonders! :thumb:

Yes my cycle is 7pm to 7am - Note to self: Run lights on at night and lights off during the day. It doesn't stink with lights off!!
That is kinda my motto...

Thanks as always for stopping by. Tomorrow is going to be a huge update. There is a lot going on!
:peace:

Right! I didn't think you would be doing that since you obviously know what you are doing, but I thought I would mention it just in case! ;)

Glad to hear that PM is not a big problem for you! Considering how much of the crap we have growing out in the forest ground cover, I am actually doing a pretty good job of keeping it under control! I only run into problems when I run a 12/12 indoors because there are so many hours of darkness where the PM loves to start taking over! ;)

I'm really having to stay on top of that right now with the outdoor plants cause we are getting our cool and MOIST nights and mornings now, so the PM is definitely showing up on many of the north facings sides of the plants. I'm going through a lot of Non-Fat milk I can tell you!

Looking forward to your BIG update! Sounds exciting! :yahoo:

Right! I didn't think you would be doing that since you obviously know what you are doing, but I thought I would mention it just in case! ;)

Glad to hear that PM is not a big problem for you! Considering how much of the crap we have growing out in the forest ground cover, I am actually doing a pretty good job of keeping it under control! I only run into problems when I run a 12/12 indoors because there are so many hours of darkness where the PM loves to start taking over! ;)

I'm really having to stay on top of that right now with the outdoor plants cause we are getting our cool and MOIST nights and mornings now, so the PM is definitely showing up on many of the north facings sides of the plants. I'm going through a lot of Non-Fat milk I can tell you!

Looking forward to your BIG update! Sounds exciting! :yahoo:

OMG by all means PLEASE mention anything/everything!!!
LOL - I pretend to know what I am doing thats why I always keep every detail an Excel workbook for reference.

Do you find PM year round there? if so I am so sorry... its bad enough battling our own environments, but to have PM, gnats, mites, thrips or any other nasty makes it really difficult to say the least.
With our years of veg crop experience (you more so than I) we have come accross most of the critters at some point or another and found really great ways to deal with it other than dumping/spraying chemicals on them :)

Thanks and see you around!

OMG by all means PLEASE mention anything/everything!!!
LOL - I pretend to know what I am doing thats why I always keep every detail an Excel workbook for reference.

Do you find PM year round there? if so I am so sorry... its bad enough battling our own environments, but to have PM, gnats, mites, thrips or any other nasty makes it really difficult to say the least.
With our years of veg crop experience (you more so than I) we have come accross most of the critters at some point or another and found really great ways to deal with it other than dumping/spraying chemicals on them :)

Thanks and see you around!

Cool!

Yep! The stuff is pretty much out there year round. More in the Spring and Fall cause PM HATES water, so the rain and snow we get does a good job of erradicating all the visible signs of the stuff from the natural ground cover back there. But... Just like any fungi, what you see on the leaves is only the "fruit" so to speak. Just like mushrooms... The bulk of the organism is BELOW the surface, and in the case of PM, it is actually INSIDE the plant's tissues. Your plants probably have PM living in them, as do most growers. It is kind of like Herpes for plants! Once they get it, it stays in them forever even if you don't see the fruiting bodies and spores on the leaf surfaces. Only way to get rid of it is to destroy the plant by BURNING it.

Any plant that you have ever treated for PM is infected forever after. The thing is... The mold isn't exactly toxic, but it is best to get rid of it and away from the bud surfaces. It is just preferable to NOT be smoking bud covered with PM, but I have never been able to find any information on whether smoking such bud would be a health hazzard or not. Most likely, the combustion process destroys it, but when it comes to vaping, which I prefer over combustion, there is likely some of it getting vaporized and inhaled.

Fortunately, I have a really good track record so far for keeping it off the buds, and I never use any bud that I feel has gotten the stuff deep into the nug. On the few occcasions where I did find it, I toss those out. I've got tons of bud, so I can afford to be picky! :laughtwo: The dead loss is minimal. Maybe a 1/2 ounce total out of the several POUNDS I end up with at the end of a season.

Now on the other side of the coin... The very same environmental conditions that favor PM, also discourage a lot of the legged pests so many other growers are forced to deal with. Fortunately, I don't have any moth/caterpillar problems up here, nor mites. Only critters I get from time to time are scale insects, brown flies and white flies. Fortunately the scale and white fly have been very light this season which has been great. Not too much of a problem with these on the Cannabis. I have a lot tougher time keeping those things off my Jalapeno pepper plants. Especially the scale! I use an organic Insecticidal Soap to spray directly on the infected portions of the plant.

The brown flies are the worst! They bore a tiny hole in the top of the pepper and lay a single egg in the seed cluster. The larva then hatches and chews through all the seeds and rots the pod from the inside. The pod turns red faster than normal, shrivels up and falls off. When I harvest the peppers, I just have to closely inspect each pod to make sure that it doesn't have a hole in it. If I see a hole, the pod gets tossed since the pepper is not fit for consumption after the larva get done feeding on the seeds inside.

I can only imagine what it must be like having a similar problem with those Tobbacco worms and other moth caterpillars that do basically the same thing to your buds! That would be AWFUL!! I think our climate is too cold for those bugs to thrive, so we have never even seen them on anything we grow up here.

~~ FLR ROOM PICS/INFO UPDATE Part 1~~

Alrighty folks we are on HARVEST countdown!
T - 6 days so Tuesday is CHOP day!
I did a full trich check on the 6 FLR plants in there and most have 5% clear 80% cloudy and 10% amber so they should move to 15 - 20% (which is where I like them) by Tuesday.
I have one that is already 20% amber and will probably put her in the dark tonight. She is by far the smallest of the 6 and she is BCR4 which will get dark time and I will probably trim her on Thursday or Friday (haven't made up my mind yet) depending on frostiness :)
I am so stoked! I just hope I get close to the numbers I want, which is 24z dried and cured.
So on to the PICS!:
This one is a general group shot to start with. The 3 in the middle are only a couple weeks into FLR and are showing, but this update is focusing on the BIG 6!
2011-09-28_07-04-55_883.jpg

So we are going to stay on the Right Side of the FLR Room, this is CC1 and I am hoping to pull anything over 6z with her and I think she has the weight on her so we shall see...
2011-09-28_07-05-20_934.jpg

2011-09-28_07-05-41_446.jpg

This is CC1s cola and she has many, but this one was closest to me when harvest comes I will get much better photos of her.
2011-09-28_07-06-31_548.jpg

So we are going to the Left Side of the FLR Room, this is RB2 and I am hoping to pull anything over 8z with her and I think she has the weight on her so we shall see...
2011-09-28_07-04-29_314.jpg

Here is another view of RB2 - she is a beautiful plan, was so easy to grow and really couldn't hurt her if I tried (I didn't but this was my first grow with the Resin Bombs)
2011-09-28_07-05-54_235.jpg

This is the cola from RB2 - what nice one!
2011-09-28_07-06-19_66.jpg

Well there you have update part 1 and I will do part 2 very shortly so stay tuned!
Thanks everyone!
:peace: and may your colas be dense and PM free!

~~ VEG/CLONESnew PICS/INFO UPDATE Part 2~~

Alrighty folks here we goooo! Veg is growing like crazy period end of statement! I can't believe how fast some of them are growing a true 1" a day sort of thing. The majority of the clones are on day 64 and the younger of this group are on day 48. So when you see the height chart you will be able to tell which are which by their height alone...
I am going to be putting 9 total new ones in FLR next week which are the 5 that have the BL symbol next to their name and I will take the 4 largest from the 4g group.
Here is the height chart for them.
HeightChartClones6.jpg

These are a couple of pics from the bench. I have a split level veg area with a bench and then the floor as 1 the bench is full and 2 the bench is not high enough to get the large ones under the lights so they are on the floor under their own cfl bank.
2011-09-28_07-03-49_218.jpg

2011-09-28_07-04-09_212.jpg

The next couple of pics are from the floor group 5 of which are in the black pots (my large pots) This is a side view
2011-09-28_07-08-17_915.jpg

and this is more of an end view
2011-09-28_07-08-49_494.jpg

This is what I want most of them to look like which is RB2c and she is 25" tall already.
2011-09-28_07-08-38_925.jpg

The next couple are of the clonesnew as I call them now and they are on day 4 of being taken from their mothers which are going into FLR very soon. You will see my new designations for them which their mother is (RB2C) and then I add a number (1) so they become RB2C1 going forward. I think it is just amazing that I already have 3 generations going at once, but the grandmothers in FLR are at the end of their days - awwww don't be sad smoke some weed and :party::party::party:
2011-09-28_07-09-33_632.jpg

2011-09-28_07-09-09_808.jpg

Well that should bring everyone up to speed on my grow thus far. I hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I :green_heart: doing it!

:peace: to all here at 420!

WOW!

RE Update1:

RB2 is looking SWEET! That thing is DENSE as all get out! All of your girls are looking really good! It looks like CC1 is actually showing a bit of a red/purple hue in those colas?

Very nice indeed MS! :thumb:

Update 2:

You have quite the spread going on there with all those multi generational clones! You got enough mason jars for all this bud you are soon going to be swimming in? :laughtwo: :thumb:

WOW!

RB2 is looking SWEET! That thing is DENSE as all get out! All of your girls are looking really good! It looks like CC1 is actually showing a bit of a red/purple hue in those colas?

Very nice indeed MS! :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing your second update! :yahoo:

:thanks: as always my friend!

Thanks for asking that is a really good question!

RB2 is my crown jewel this grow, but CC1 is really amazing as this is the 2nd go around for the Conf Cheese's I love so much and CC1 is the best so far even out of the 1st run. Yes and I don't know if its becausse of a pheno, age, temps or what.
These 2 CC clones in there are like 125 days old today and the first run I saw something that resembled color, but wasn't sure as I pushed that run much faster, defolinated them and had some temp issues. This time I let mother nature tell me when to take the FAN leaves and I kept the temps in the upper 60s to mid high 70s.
the 2nd one is up its about veg/clones

MS, I like your perpetual! Good organization, it's not easy to time everything just right. Nice harvest too!

:thanks: very much and for stopping by.
I really do try to keep everything organized, when it comes to my grow I don't like surpries or issues that I could have prevented before hand so I keep a lot of documentation.

yeah I can't wait for it, I will 1 plant in the next few days and then the other 5 on Tuesday!

:thanks: as always my friend!

Thanks for asking that is a really good question!

RB2 is my crown jewel this grow, but CC1 is really amazing as this is the 2nd go around for the Conf Cheese's I love so much and CC1 is the best so far even out of the 1st run. Yes and I don't know if its becausse of a pheno, age, temps or what.
These 2 CC clones in there are like 125 days old today and the first run I saw something that resembled color, but wasn't sure as I pushed that run much faster, defolinated them and had some temp issues. This time I let mother nature tell me when to take the FAN leaves and I kept the temps in the upper 60s to mid high 70s.
the 2nd one is up its about veg/clones

Cool! My pleasure MS! :)

The hue looks a lot like what I am finally starting to see with my GDP #1. If you recall, #2 turned color at around week 7 but it started with the fan leaves and spread to the buds later. Just the opposite is happening with #1. The tiny bud leaves are getting purple edges on them now, and just a few fan leaves are starting to get that distinctive darkening in the ribs. She hits week 7 this Sunday, so a little ahead of schedule, but I attribute that to our much colder overnights now as compared to late August when #2 hit week 7.

I'll be curious to see if your plant gets any darker in the color department. You could always try lowering the temp during the dark cycle since that really seems to make a difference. Obviously just for curiosity case since the color of the bud has nothing to do with flavor, potency or whatever. Nice bag appeal and is always great for the 420 contests since it seems the purple entries always get the most votes! :laughtwo:

Good morning 420!

As I was looking through my journal I noticed I had put its a 4 strain perpetual grow....

As some of you may have noticed I only have 3 going CC, RB and BCR (I whiped out the gov mule), soooo I thought I would do a little bagseed expierement.

Just this morning I popped 3 healthly looking seeds in a glass of warm water, covered it and put in a dark warmish place.
I will check on them tonight and take some photos to document.

As soon as they sink I will transfer them to paper towels until the tap root is 3/4 to 1" long and then plant them and they will become BS1,2 and 3 (not bull shit people - bag seed :) ).

So now there will some truth to my title otherwise I will have to ask the mods to change it from 4 to multi stain, but lets see how these seeds do first.

Hell you never know what you might get....
I have a lot of bag seeds so I picked 3 healthy ones and I chose 3 becasue murphy's law will always remain in effect. So out of the 3 there will be one casulty and one male which will leave 1 female - I do love the girls hahaha!

So there you have it a title correction for a very gloomy thursday (get better OMM!)

:peace: and :green_heart: to all!

Cool MS! :)

Looking forward to seeing what sprouts from your little endeavor! :thumb:

Thanks GG7!
I will have pictures tomorrow from this little endeavor, we will see how it goes.
I have never used bag seed before so this will be interesting to say the least. I just hope there is at least one viable female from these.

On another note I will have some really great photos of a BCR harvest as well. My BCR4 is ready and has been in the dark for a couple of days now. So this weekend should be interesting and with the large harvest coming up very soon as well, there is a lot going on in my grow space!

Stay tuned folks!

:peace: and LARGE harvests for all!

That's one huge cola. Can't wait to see the dry nugs. How do you usually dry the plant? If you can enter the dry nugs in the NOTM contest.

Thank you very much!
I have harvested the 2 BCR plants this weekend and I have 4 more to go tonight!

I follow an unusual approach to the dry/cure.
This is what I do and it has always worked so well for me.
open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidty
seal em up for 12hrs
open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading on them - I take note at the beging and then again at the end.
open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
seal em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity
so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic.

I hope this helps some and thanks for stopping by!

~~BCR2 and BCR4 HARVEST PICS~~

So I have harvested the 2 BCR plants and they look and smell so yummy, but patience grasshopper, it will take a week before I will even test them and give a smoke report.
so with that said lets move on to the PICS!

I am posting the height chart for them as I am imputing the wet wt. and their final height, which oddly enough they ended up being .5" taller than my last measurement of them.
I will also post this chart with each harvested plant I do. I have the 4 best yet to come tonight.

Here is the height chart for these:
HeightChart5.jpg

Here is BCR4 which I cut on 10/1 - she isn't very big but this strain has very dense nugs and the smell is off the charts
DSC0000422.JPG

Here is one of her finer nugs:
DSC0000720.JPG

Here is BCR2 which was much bigger than her sister, but only produced slightly more weight
DSC0001017.JPG

Here is one of BCR2's finer nugs which weighed a nice 28g wet, but really dense and pretty
DSC0001313.JPG

The bowl in this picture weighs 164g and the total haul was 464, so 300 net wet weight from BCR2
Bowl - o - Nugs anyone??
DSC0001613.JPG

Here is the little dry rack full of buds! the 2 jars in the lower right corner is the 207g wet of BCR4 and the screen and hanging is BCR2
DSC0001810.JPG

DSC0001914.JPG

So as you can see from the chart there was:
BCR4 - 207g wet weight
BCR2 - 300g wet weight
I am hoping to only loose 70%, but wouldn't be heart broken to see up to 80% lost weight from the dry/cure.

so if I loose 80% - these would yeild 101g or 3.75zs

The next 4 coming down today will be much larger! so stay tuned for the other updates today - new look flr room and veg will be coming a little later today.

Thanks as always everyone!

:peace: and large dense nugs for everyone!

Very nice MS! :thumb:

Looking forward to the photos of the BIG harvest! Hope all goes well and I will be watching for that next update! :)

Thanks my friend! I have finished them and it went rather well. I will post all the pics/info tomorrow. I have a ton of photos and information. I am really going to document them as this is my first go at the RB and BCR (which were both free seeds)!
I think from the preliminary smoke they should be pretty good.
Thanks as always from the kind words.

You know this being my 2nd full run and changing almost everything but the lights I think it went pretty well, but I am super stoked for the next round of the CC, RB and BCR clones going in.

:peace: brotha!

~~Harvest Photos/Information Part 1~~

Well folks it is always a good time to be harvesting, I mean who doesn’t :love: a good harvest anytime really. This was the last 4 of this run and it had its ups and downs, but mostly ups :thumb: It took 12 man hours to finish all of these and I loved every minute of it!

As I have said a few times in here, this is the first run for me with this soil composition, pot size and new strains and along with a perpetual so all stages firing at once - D@mn I am tired... :cheesygrinsmiley:. I really do learn so much every time I work in the garden!

So 2 of my 3 strains were new and I really messed them up in the begging. I realized I had forgotten the lime in my soil composition way in the begging when they were in veg and this really messed up my BCRs and RBs, but they battled through and I got some really good bud from them. The second oops was to high of temps which leached my prills into the soil and caused some nute burn as well. I fixed this with a stronger AC unit and flushes, I did not have that problem again. I learned my lesson(s)! and did not make those mistakes again. The 2 conf cheese's didn't seem to mind either screw up and you just can't hurt that strain which is one of the reasons it is my current favorite, not to mention they are huge producers and really great smoke! :morenutes:

So the first one up is Resin Bomb or RB3 as I have named her. she had issues from the begging as I noted above. Here are her stats and her pictures:
She was 30.5" tall at chop time and gave up just a mere 121g wet. I promise they get way better from here!
These are just a few pics of her right before chop.
DSC000328.JPG

DSC0003312.JPG

This is the close-up of her top, a really beautiful strain and you will see later in her sister with definitely some purp in her.
DSC000378.JPG

Next one was my one of my two favorites and she is a confidential cheese or as I called her CC1. She is a big yielder and was 39.5" tall at chop and gave us 458g wet!
I had to really tie her up so she wouldn't fall over, what a beautiful plant she was and her clones should be even better with my routine sorted out! :thumb:
So here she is:
DSC000389.JPG

DSC0003910.JPG

This is a close-up of one of her tops before I chopped her. I really like this photo!
DSC0004212.JPG

Here is one of her primary colas
DSC0004812.JPG

This is one bowl full of her nugs as there were 2, but they start looking the same after a while :) - I know horrible problem to have right?!?
DSC0005210.JPG

So this is a wrap up of 2 of the 4. The next update will be with RB2 and CC2, which both did really well.
I would really love to enter NOTM so if you guys see any of these shots that you think would work let me know!
Thanks as always to everyone that stops by!

:peace: to all and BIG nugs for everyone!

Back
Top Bottom