MSquared's - Indoor - Soil - Multi Strain - 1800w - Perpetual

Hey MS :bravo:
I will agree 100%...high brix is working well for you...they are all the picture of health.You are one busy person! :thumb:

Thanks OMM! They are surely running circles around the others I have grown before.
I am busy, but hopefully once I figure out which are girlies then I will have a much better handle on things around the garden. Until then I will have more than enough to do :)
This is going to be a very busy weekend for me with transing, cloning and some good ole LSTing
:peace:

Sooooooooo guess what, I have another UBT question lol
Apparently it doesn't matter if your going to go into flower soon you can still UBT??
Nice plants brotha M............testify!

Never a problem brotha! Short answer Yes you can, but and there always is one but and that is you should give them at least a few days before flipping. I have found that they really do need those few days of recovery time.
Thanks for comments, they are all doing so very well :thumb:

I have not noticed a difference at all. Matter of fact the ladies I have in flower now are all sativa doms (very sative dom) and they loved being topped. I will have a pic update this weekend for you to see.
Just be careful as my Jack's are huge at least 50" form top of the soil. So height did become an issue, but there are so many tops that it is just crazy.
Above all else it certainly increases yield at least with the 10 or strains I have grown thus far, but I only top once and then LST if necessary.

Hi MsMe. I agree with MS. TOPing and FIMing will increase your yield, without doubt. You've seen my bushes. It does keep them shorter, however over all yield will be greater. My 2 cents

Thanks MS & OMM :thanks:

You both have some of the nicest plants on here so I'm taking your advice and I'm planning to top 2 this weekend and try to clone the tops. :bitingnails:

Wish me luck...

Thanks MS & OMM :thanks:

You both have some of the nicest plants on here so I'm taking your advice and I'm planning to top 2 this weekend and try to clone the tops. :bitingnails:

Wish me luck...

Thank you for the kind words! So far from my limited experience of UBTing I have found that leaving 5 nodes is the best and take the top 2 nodes (3 is even better) and using that as your clone top/tip.

You have all the positive luck I can send, but somehow I doubt you will need it :)
We are always around if you have any questions.

Thank you for the kind words! So far from my limited experience of UBTing I have found that leaving 5 nodes is the best and take the top 2 nodes (3 is even better) and using that as your clone top/tip.

You have all the positive luck I can send, but somehow I doubt you will need it :)
We are always around if you have any questions.

I think I'm about ready to give it a try. I think I have some plants ready!

I think I'm about ready to give it a try. I think I have some plants ready!

Go get'em A1 :thumb: You sure do have some ready. I think from the looks of your pics that most if not all are ready for the UBt action :) Good luck but somehow I don't think you will need it. :high-five:

:peace: Brotha!

~ FLR update Pics/Info ~

So these 5 are on Day 37 as of this morning. They are doing well from what I can tell so far. They really like being fed the teas and I will be doing it again tonight. The tallest of them is JH3, I measured her this weekend and she is sitting at a height of 59"! This is a tad tall even for my room and I don't want to have that happen again. I should have known better for putting in sativa doms that tall before flipping... lesson learned :)

Here is JH3 in an 8gal pot - now remember they are Critical + Jack Herer's and were freebies from Herbies (a sponsor). She is massive and filling out just liked I had hoped.
2012-06-04_06-33-50_808.jpg

Here is one of her tops as she has many....
2012-06-04_06-35-17_221.jpg

Next up we have JH2 also in an 8gal pot.
2012-06-04_06-34-03_811.jpg

Here is one of her tops
2012-06-04_06-36-01_263.jpg

Now onto the middle 3 - we have JH1 to the right rear, SSH1 (that's Critical + Super Silver Haze also a freebie from Herbies) in the front and SSH2 in the left rear
2012-06-04_06-34-22_349.jpg

Here is a JH1 top
2012-06-04_06-35-17_221.jpg

This is an SSH1 top
2012-06-04_06-35-30_482.jpg

These are both from SSH2 - I think I might have one of those fast phenos of SSH as I think this plant is finishing pretty fast - let me kow what you guys think
2012-06-04_06-35-40_544.jpg

2012-06-04_06-35-50_448.jpg

That is how Flr looks this morning. I have to feed them tonight, but all in all some of the most healthy plants I have grown thus far :thumb:

It is sooo hard waiting for them. Thank god I have veg to keep me occupied - LOL. I will update Veg later today with the addition of my new 2x4x5' mom, clone, dry chamber.
Till then... :peace:

~ Veg update Info/Pics ~

I have been very busy in the veg side this weekend. I finished my mom, clone & dry chamber this weekend and got it into the room. Had to move some stuff around, but I like this setup a lot better. It seems to be the way it should've been along if that makes sense. :) I also transplanted 4 of my big veg girls yesterday. They are all confirmed females so that is good :) They are VK2, RB2 (finally I go another female of this strain as I can't find it anymore), ST1 (we were really concerned this was a male do to its vigorous growth, but she is a girl) which is one of the ones I found in the compost pile and TB3. I think I have a few more ready but can't put anymore in the 8gal pots as I won't have the room in flower.
I will also be transing some of the ones I want to keep as moms into 1gal pots for now and putting them into the new chamber as I move the others into the flower room. For now I am going to keep a JH, SSH, VK, RB, TB and maybe a couple of others. I am not sure as of the mom line up yet.
I also need to take clones of the ones that are going into flower so I don't lose any. I will probably do that tonight, just not sure yet.

Here is the new chamber. I have currently put in 2 of the big pots until I can move them to the flower room. I just don't have enough room on the floor and they should only be in here for a few days. The chamber is 2' deep x 4' wide and 5' tall. I still have to put the velcro on the front to make it sealable. I have one of my small cfl light arrays in there. I have (2) 3500k, (2) 5000k and (2) 6500k bulbs in there. I also have my UBT tops in there. They are doing well and I think I can harden them off starting tonight.
There is ST1 to the left and TB3 to the right. I swear they grew 6 inches overnight after the transplant.
2012-06-04_06-36-33_399.jpg

2012-06-04_06-37-03_308.jpg

Here are 6 in the 4gal pots. It's a jungle down there, but they are all doing well. I think there are IDKs, STs and a TB4 in there.
2012-06-04_06-37-41_778.jpg

Here are the other 2 I transd into 8gal pots. To the left is a TB3 that I LSTd and RB2 to the right which I also LSTd
2012-06-04_06-38-04_157.jpg

Here is a right side bench shot. I have to go through these as I have moms in there and just so many that I may get rid of a few just to make room, but we shall see what I come up with.
Right side
2012-06-04_06-39-29_170.jpg

Left side
2012-06-04_06-39-48_373.jpg

Well that should do it for Veg as well. I think that brings everything up to date so far.

Very nice bro! Everything looks so healthy! :bravo:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Thank you very much Vape! Yeah moving along nicely (as he knocks on wood), I have so much to do still, but just lovin every minute of it! (good song from back in the day - LOL)
Your grow looks amazing as well. You should only have a couple of weeks to go, correct?

:rofl: You get a gold star! LOL Acutally I already gave 5 on your journal :)

:thanks: and yeah that new chamber I built is going to get used :thumb:
I have a couple temporary plants in there until I move them to flr. Then I will put in the moms and keep my clone tray in there as well.
I am also going to use it for drying when that time comes. I have built two shelves to go in there as well for when I am drying. The shelves are framed with 1x2s and have window screen bottoms so that airflow will get through them. I have the front open currently and will probably remain open for the time being, but when I dry I will have to add the air holes one 4" at the top and another on the bottom somwhere.

I was busy last night. Took me over 2 hrs to get done what I needed to last night. I feed the flr girls with tea and drenched my 20 something bench plants with tea as well. That took a while to fully saturate each one of them. I also UBTd a few more and added the tops to my clone tray.
Another one of my veg plants is a confirmed female so that is good news. I now have a for sure 6 that are confirmed female, yeah!!!! :party:

I will be taking a big batch of clones tonight of the veg girls that are going into flower, more from the confirmed females. I also have to move my flower girls around to make room for the new ones going into flower in the next few days! So some really good stuff going on :thumb:

I also need to transplant my moms into 1gal containers from their current 1/2gals their in now. I will probably do that after I move the veg girls into the flower chamber.

what size pots are you finishing your plants in M?

I like the little mom clonecab thing you built. I might need to build one of those soon. My wife is like every closet I go into has got some sort of light or fan in it. I laughed and said stop buying so many damn clothes then you reduce your need for closet space.

Like always your garden is great my friend keep up the good work.

Just went over some previous posts of your that I've saved...

You are an extremely knowledgable human being and I am so honoured to receive advice from you :Namaste:

Honestly, you really blow me away with all the good things you have to offer:circle-of-love:

I am blessed to have "met" you friend:Namaste:

what size pots are you finishing your plants in M?

I like the little mom clonecab thing you built. I might need to build one of those soon. My wife is like every closet I go into has got some sort of light or fan in it. I laughed and said stop buying so many damn clothes then you reduce your need for closet space.

Like always your garden is great my friend keep up the good work.

Thanks for stopping by Shottafire! The large 8gal pots are what I would use all the time if I could, but I also use 4gal pots.
I have to pay more attention to the smaller pots as they dry out faster.
You are actually the one who inspired me to build it. I had posted a question in my journal quite a ways back and asked if I should just buy a tent or build a cab. You answered with build the cab. So I did and it was really cheap to build and to the specs that I wanted :high-five:
Thanks and I am trying :)

Just went over some previous posts of your that I've saved...

You are an extremely knowledgable human being and I am so honoured to receive advice from you :Namaste:
Honestly, you really blow me away with all the good things you have to offer:circle-of-love:

I am blessed to have "met" you friend:Namaste:

Thank you so much :circle-of-love: that warms my heart! Your are as well and don't you forget that!
I usually just go with what works for me from experience and others. :) I also document everything in my grow and I have accumulated quite a lot of data, my own grow bible if you will. Now mind you most of it is based on the equipment and grow style I use, but if someone where to duplicate that then they should be able to get my results. I have amended my grow style a few times over the past few years now and I have to say that this is my favorite by far! This soil comp I can not rave enough about. Every (and I mean every) strain I have has had no problems of any kind and have all flourished in this soil! I of course still believe that your environment is the most important part.

:peace: and can't wait for you to start another grow!

Looking fantastic MSquared.

:thanks: Abe! Always appreciate your stopping by! They are doing well and I hope it continues to do so.
I just have to remember to feed the soil life and they will do all the work for me and the plant

Just an other day at MS's grow......much to do......and growing beauties at the same time :bravo:

:high-five: Thanks OMM much appreciated! After an hour bondage session with the flower ladies I have finally managed to get them under wraps (literally :)). I have moved all of them to the right side of the flower room to make room for the ones I am putting in tonight. I have 6 confirmed females and 4 are in the 8gal pots, the other 2 are in 4gal pots. The plan originally was to put in 12 in the hopes of getting at least 6 females, but now with not quite enough room for that many my number has come down to 8, of the 8 6 confirmed females and one other (tb4) I am pretty sure is a female as well. So if 1 is male so be it, I would be just fine with that.
Thanks as always for stopping by :thumb:

Im glad you decided to build the cab. The tents are great but I feel the cost is unnecessary and you can customize things the way you need it!

Thanks for the response M. Now I need to decide if I should transplant these monsters into 5 gal from the 3gal!

I dont want my yield or quality to suffer because the pots were too small.

Im glad you decided to build the cab. The tents are great but I feel the cost is unnecessary and you can customize things the way you need it!

Thanks for the response M. Now I need to decide if I should transplant these monsters into 5 gal from the 3gal!

I dont want my yield or quality to suffer because the pots were too small.

Hey there. That was exactly my thoughts as well :thumb:

I left a reply to that in your journal and my response was simply yes as long as they are not in flower already.
I hear that and there are quite a few that ponder that question all the time, I know I sure do.

:peace: brotha!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Thank you very much Vape! Yeah moving along nicely (as he knocks on wood), I have so much to do still, but just lovin every minute of it! (good song from back in the day - LOL)
Your grow looks amazing as well. You should only have a couple of weeks to go, correct?

Great song! I just had to fire it up on iTunes...got it playing right now! :rofl:

Thanks bro! Yup, I should be pretty close! June 11th will be 8 weeks, but I'm betting they will go all of 10... I just ordered a digital microscope so I can better monitor their progress, so hopefully I be able to post some trichome pics before long! :)

Back
Top Bottom