Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

I made sure the pots were at LEAST two inches into the perlite. I think most people do it deeper than that with the pots. My containers were small. Then Filled the perlite containers with enough water that the perlite didn't start to float. About 1" below the top of the perlite on my containers. I was using those hospital tubs that you take home with you after surgery etc. Do you know what you will plan to use to hold the perlite and pot in?

There was a trick that someone posted of putting a clear plastic cup in a corner of the container so you can visibly see the water level in the container and know how much you've added. It worked out well, but my containers were a bit small and the cups were getting smushed.
The perlite sucks up the water, and then the plant uses it as needed.

Young plants don't need it as much, as the plant gets bigger you will need to check often. But it was definitely a time saver for me during the winter months with the indoor grow. It was in the basement and coming home from work, going up and down those basement steps every other night at midnight was just not in me to do. :laugh:
Did u use nutes? Or did u use soil that just needed to be watered.

I plan on making my fabric pots..5 gallon
My fella works at a steel plant he is going to take the left over tin from the new roof he just put on and shape a piece to fit the 4x4 tent. So both will be in the same container. He is going to put a spout on it for me so I can empty the water out if it gets stale. I have a senitive nose to that smell.
I was thinking of using OC+. I have not finished reading up on it. So I am not set on that.

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

Man on man where is Angrybird?
I am so upset with these bud worms that I am ready to hook up jumper cables to each plant and give them a hit....bet the worms will come jumping then. Maybe I can take the kids tazer and hit each plant a couple of time...

Not going to do it but wow would that be nice.

The more I research growing inside growing the more I get interested. I am a can't do it half ads type of girl....so just putting a shelf in the bathroom with an led light is not appealing to me. But this looks like it could get expensive. Tents and vents and fans and intake and out take. How did u ever get started and sort out the white noise for what u actually NEED.
Help someone.

Im rockn and rollin with my tent for the first time come learn with me.
Fall caterpillars, Ive got some Safer Caterpillar spray and its helping. Glad Im using it

Finally on my way to the er. I think my worry with my disease is going to the er and nothing is wrong. But four days of pain...something is wrong and that something is my diverticulitis

Healing thoughts and prayers being sent.

:circle-of-love:

yes :circle-of-love: hope you're feeling better soon

Did u use nutes? Or did u use soil that just needed to be watered.

I plan on making my fabric pots..5 gallon
My fella works at a steel plant he is going to take the left over tin from the new roof he just put on and shape a piece to fit the 4x4 tent. So both will be in the same container. He is going to put a spout on it for me so I can empty the water out if it gets stale. I have a senitive nose to that smell.
I was thinking of using OC+. I have not finished reading up on it. So I am not set on that.

I didn't use nutes in the water for the perlite containers. My soil is a home blend that doesn't require nutrients. Sometimes I do have to add Cal/Mag, when I do that I mix it up and pour directly into the plant pot a little at a time so there is not much run off into the perlite.

I'll check around a little and see if people are using nutrients in the water for the perlite. I am not confident on answering that question. :)

I have question about curing.....morphine in my iv...only cuts pain in half but enough to type...
I want to build a box and put it outside for the bud to dry.

Good idea....bad idea....I plan on washing after harvest and don't want new bugs finding it. But my sweetie thinks it can be done. I say no. I need the community to settle this for us.

I didn't use nutes in the water for the perlite containers. My soil is a home blend that doesn't require nutrients. Sometimes I do have to add Cal/Mag, when I do that I mix it up and pour directly into the plant pot a little at a time so there is not much run off into the perlite.

I'll check around a little and see if people are using nutrients in the water for the perlite. I am not confident on answering that question. :)
Can I find ur home blend in ur journal? I would love to be able to build my own soil.

I started a compost bin just for next year's outside grow. I am afraid of inviting bugs in my house. My home is a no fly zone for bugs and I have a Terminix guy that comes when I call plus once a quarter to make sure. Don't cost much for the yearly service and does great for my OCD. Which I finally come to terms with.

I have question about curing.....morphine in my iv...only cuts pain in half but enough to type...
I want to build a box and put it outside for the bud to dry.

Good idea....bad idea....I plan on washing after harvest and don't want new bugs finding it. But my sweetie thinks it can be done. I say no. I need the community to settle this for us.

I would not cure outside in a box or anything else really. Small critters WILL find their way in, look at the trouble I'm having with thrips indoors right now as an example. They got in here from a cutting from outside. You don't want that to happen either, if you have indoor girls. Those things can find their way through the tiniest of crevices. They are almost microscopic in size, and aphids the same when they are young. It would do no real good to wash those buds and then have insects on them during the cure, IMO. Also, you can't control humidity outside like you can indoors. Bud rot is a concern with that.

Brown paper bag first for a few days, indoors in a controlled environment, in my opinion...is the best way. I have just started with the paper bag method on the last coupe of harvests and I really love it. When they are dry enough that the stems "snap" when bent, put them in jars and proceed with the curing. Burping and all that.

Okay everyone, hit me! :laugh:

Can I find ur home blend in ur journal? I would love to be able to build my own soil.

I started a compost bin just for next year's outside grow. I am afraid of inviting bugs in my house. My home is a no fly zone for bugs and I have a Terminix guy that comes when I call plus once a quarter to make sure. Don't cost much for the yearly service and does great for my OCD. Which I finally come to terms with.

I have a special blend of what we call "PeeJay soil". Mine is done from ingredients I have available on my own property, so it wouldn't really work for the average grower to make a soil blend. I'm going to send Dennise over here with the main recipe for the soil, and that should get you started pretty darned good on what to use.

:thumb:

Sorry about your illness lilred. Ive got Scleroderma in my stomach and the Doc has me taking Magnesium to help digestion. It might help you too??
I havent progressed to making my own soil. I use FF Ocean Forest.
I wouldent cure outside with all that humidity you have. Find a place indoors. I hang for 7 days and paper bag for 7 days then jars.
I grew up with a Lil Red! Her names Jean D. Is this you!!!
I hope you feel better.
Namaste

I would not cure outside in a box or anything else really. Small critters WILL find their way in, look at the trouble I'm having with thrips indoors right now as an example. They got in here from a cutting from outside. You don't want that to happen either, if you have indoor girls. Those things can find their way through the tiniest of crevices. They are almost microscopic in size, and aphids the same when they are young. It would do no real good to wash those buds and then have insects on them during the cure, IMO. Also, you can't control humidity outside like you can indoors. Bud rot is a concern with that.

Brown paper bag first for a few days, indoors in a controlled environment, in my opinion...is the best way. I have just started with the paper bag method on the last coupe of harvests and I really love it. When they are dry enough that the stems "snap" when bent, put them in jars and proceed with the curing. Burping and all that.

Okay everyone, hit me! :laugh:
I have been looking everywhere for the small rh meters that go in the jar. Where do I find them in bulk.

Sorry about your illness lilred. Ive got Scleroderma in my stomach and the Doc has me taking Magnesium to help digestion. It might help you too??
I havent progressed to making my own soil. I use FF Ocean Forest.
I wouldent cure outside with all that humidity you have. Find a place indoors. I hang for 7 days and paper bag for 7 days then jars.
I grew up with a Lil Red! Her names Jean D. Is this you!!!
I hope you feel better.
Namaste
Nope not me....I was thinking of hanging in the bathroom in the adult cave since we don't use that shower.
So hang first...then paperbag...then jar.

The hospital said no infection....just gas....she gave me meds for constipation. I am not stopped up bowels are loose. Not sure about dx. So I called my dr and asked her to review the labs and cay scan. Hopefully she can tell me what is wrong or back to the er tomorrow

I have been looking everywhere for the small rh meters that go in the jar. Where do I find them in bulk.

Are you talking about actual meters, or the Boveda packs that go into the jars with the buds to add/remove humidity as needed?
Boveda packs aren't exactly cheap, but you can recharge them and keep using them.
Check Cramazon or Fleabay for some deals on those, if that's what you mean.

Otherwise, the humidity/temp monitors can be bought at any nursery or Lowes, Home depot etc. Some pharmacies even carry them.

And, btw....aren't you supposed to be resting??? :circle-of-love:

Are you talking about actual meters, or the Boveda packs that go into the jars with the buds to add/remove humidity as needed?
Boveda packs aren't exactly cheap, but you can recharge them and keep using them.
Check Cramazon or Fleabay for some deals on those, if that's what you mean.

Otherwise, the humidity/temp monitors can be bought at any nursery or Lowes, Home depot etc. Some pharmacies even carry them.

And, btw....aren't you supposed to be resting??? :circle-of-love:
I was looking for the small rh meters. It looks like they cost about 4.00 each....is that a good price?

Do u put meters in ur jars?

I am in the car riding home.

I was looking for the small rh meters. It looks like they cost about 4.00 each....is that a good price?

Do u put meters in ur jars?

I am in the car riding home.

No, I don't put meters in the jars. I just keep the Boveda packs in them now. There is a Humidity/temp monitor in the pantry where I dry/cure my buds to get an idea what the RH is in general.

Glad you're headed home.

Ahhh...you mean the little hygrometers like wally world sells? It seems to be a good price, kind of average I guess. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom