Nismo's First Grow - 2 x 600 Watt - CKS Purple Kush - 4x4

You are so right nismo, this is a rare place indeed. Glad you are getting the support network to keep going. And thanks for journaling. It is a big help to other new growers to watch you succeed! Tone of people you don't even know are getting help from what you are doing.

I'm not going to lie to you, its kinda nice to see that in just over 2 months of this journal, there are 5,000 views of the journal. It makes me feel that doing a journal is not a waste of time. It helps with questions and gives support, also not going to lie, it is kind of an ego boost lol. Its reassuring to know that senior growers are giving us a thumbs up on this grow. You wouldn't think that getting the approval of complete strangers would have the affect as it does. So to all of the people that have lent a hand, thank you. We have 6 weeks until the flush I am guessing, so hang in there...it'll be worth it :thanks::allgood::woohoo:

I'm not going to lie to you, its kinda nice to see that in just over 2 months of this journal, there are 5,000 views of the journal. It makes me feel that doing a journal is not a waste of time. It helps with questions and gives support, also not going to lie, it is kind of an ego boost lol. Its reassuring to know that senior growers are giving us a thumbs up on this grow. You wouldn't think that getting the approval of complete strangers would have the affect as it does. So to all of the people that have lent a hand, thank you. We have 6 weeks until the flush I am guessing, so hang in there...it'll be worth it :thanks::allgood::woohoo:

Looking good!

Surprising what positive vibes and support can do. I read other forums and wonder how many people have given up because so much info (mostly useless regurgitation with a negative tone) and no 'atta-boys' were given. The easy part is the growing. The hard part is getting over the angst, sorting through all the info and becoming a relaxed and comfortable horticulturalist.

Looking good Nismo!

Here we go for an update for 2 weeks 3 days into flower

Everything is going great as of yet. These girls are on cruise control. Just keeping a schedule of heavy nutes and then a heavy water. They love what we throw at them. They are a very resilient strain and can handle a lot.

Took some after dark pictures tonight. When I said a few days ago that we got purple, I really didn't realize you couldn't see it in the picture. But now you can!

20160405_174742.jpg

This is Claudia. She has been the star this entire grow. Wish clones would have been taken before flower. Just awesome. Also the picture of the purple top was one of hers

20160405_174754.jpg

Here is a family photo.

20160405_174731.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

:Namaste:

Today was a productive day!

First off, I just bought this house a few months ago and the previous owners let some gardening stuff in the attic of the shed. There was also some soil in my greenhouse. So I went up into the attic of my shed and JACKPOT! Tons of pots ranging in all different sizes. Vermiculite, coco, compost, soil...you name it.

So after finding all of that, I went to the store and picked up a few more things. I moved my fan on to a shelf out side of the tent. Ran duct work from my carbon filter to my light...then to my fan on the outside..then finally ran it into my attic.

20160206_100817.jpg
20160206_100825.jpg
20160206_100853.jpg
20160206_101241.jpg
20160206_141251.jpg
20160206_171835.jpg
20160206_171853.jpg

You may notice that I have 2 smaller pots in there. Well I planted 2 more purple kush. I used a mixture of the vermiculite, coco, and FFOF soil. I don't know if I'm going to keep these or give them to a friend to finish them off. We Shall see. For now I have named them Ethel and Betty. Claudia and Elaine were also watered today. First time in a week. Water was ph'd to 6.7

Also ordered some CaliMagic and a clip on oscillating fan.

It was a good day. On the transplant note, when should I go to the 1 gallon pot? When watering becomes frequent?

Have a good night
I'm curious as to which friend wanted these plants!

Okay just checking because I heard from people on here and on the CKS website under PK strain a guide to the purple is temps around the 50s in the dark period. But thank you for the reply!
Thanks for stopping by and welcome to our grow!

The two older girls are showing more purple than the other 2. The buds are bigger and seem further along. It's going to be a split harvest. 2 of them will go about a week longer I am guessing.

But I have read that in the later weeks of flower you can drop the Temps to bring out more purple and boost resin production. We shall see.

Thanks for stopping by and welcome to our grow!

The two older girls are showing more purple than the other 2. The buds are bigger and seem further along. It's going to be a split harvest. 2 of them will go about a week longer I am guessing.

But I have read that in the later weeks of flower you can drop the Temps to bring out more purple and boost resin production. We shall see.
Let's run a test. Since 2 of the girls are a week behind, keep Temps the same until Claudia and Elaine are harvested. Then with Betty and Ethel, we can drop Temps at night. Whadda you think Nismo?

Everything is going great over here in the flower tent! The girls have been growing amazingly and are growing some awesome buds. Claudia and Elaine got their "week 7" feeding according to the fox farm feeding schedule...but I thought I would kick it up a notch and give them a heavy feeding. I don't know if it was a waste of nutes or if it will do something for them. PPM was 2350!

On another note, this morning our wonderful Watt meter decided somehow it wanted to trip our power strip. I was freaking out since the lights should have come on an hour prior. I don't think I have ever run so fast to the circuit breaker to see if something tripped there. Everything else was still good, so we just unplugged the meter and bam we were back in business. The extra hour of darkness wont hurt anything. The exhaust was off as well and humidity jumped to 75% because of the watering and lack of fan for an hour or so. I think this would fall under the "shit happens" category and we are happy it happened on a Saturday morning while still being here.

Well proceeding onto the positives. Today is the day for defoliation. Stretch should be done and everything under the screen will be removed. Now I have read that you can go totally ape shit on them and remove it all at once. But I have also read conflicting info stating that you want to do it slowly. Any thoughts on this? Here are some pictures from the time lapse from first day of flower to Thursday night.

First day of flower

IONX0001.JPG

2 weeks 5 days of flower

IONX0207.JPG

They have shown significant growth and I do believe that SCRoG has worked better than I could have expected! :cheer:

Glad I had time this morning to stop by your grow Nismo. Your SCROG is looking great. Good job buddy. It's going to be awesome. I love Purple Kush. It has such a strong diesel smell and the buds are very dense. That's why I crossed my Original Grape 48 strain with Purple Kush to create New Grape 48 (not so new anymore).

And by the way, if you' re interested ... I am still selling my 20 top shelf strains (all regular seeds) for only $1 each. My New420Guy Seeds seed bank is going live - worldwide next month. After that, my seeds will be only available online at the worldwide seedbank sites.

I forgot to give you my thoughts on your question. Personally, I would not remove too many leaves at once because the bigger leaves hold nutes that the plant is feeding on, so removing all the leaves at once can have a negative impact on quality. That is not fact, just my personal opinion. I defoliate gradually over a period of a couple of weeks and on into budding.

I forgot to give you my thoughts on your question. Personally, I would not remove too many leaves at once because the bigger leaves hold nutes that the plant is feeding on, so removing all the leaves at once can have a negative impact on quality. That is not fact, just my personal opinion. I defoliate gradually over a period of a couple of weeks and on into budding.
Right on I'll keep that in mind. We will do all of the ones that are facing down and not up to the sky. I wanted to take a couple clones and if they don't take no big deal. Just want to get our feet wet on something that won't matter if it doesn't work. Will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom