Nismo's 2nd Grow - 5 Strains - 3 x 600 Watt HIDs - Topping - LST & Fluxing

re: Nismo's 2nd Grow - 5 Strains - 3 x 600 Watt HIDs - Topping - LST & Fluxing

Well today the girls made the move into their new home. There was a lot of work that was done before that. The exhaust was hung and the fan was mounted on the floor exhausting through an adjacent closet. Original plans were to exhaust out an old dryer duct, but we saw no point of the extra work when the air has been filtered exhausted out of the room.

20160424_131806.jpg

The intake was hooked up to the duct work for the house. So fresh air will constantly be pulled in. We got some foam pads so the pots wouldn't be sitting on the cold concrete. We made an 8' X 8' square with them and they insulate them from the floor quite well. When the previous owner moved out they left a huge shelving unit. I now know why they did, it probably weighs 200+ lbs. So, we decided to use a section of it for a seedling/clone area with our 165w LED from twilight. Currently with 1200 watts pouring down in the room it is 79 degrees with 51% humidity under the lights. Tonight they will get their LST adjusted and a half strength feeding. :morenutes:

20160424_151627.jpg

So far so good with the move. We shall see how good in a couple of days. :thumb:

As a project sometime I would love to get a 15 gallon pot and have a damn tree lol. We also have been looking for another light for flower. For the space we have would love to have a 1000+ watt LED alongside the 600 watt HPS. Don't really want another HID for power consumption and heat reasons. Any ideas my :420: friends?

With your tech skills, I would think you guys would just build an LED light.

you know? I never thought about it until now. I could do it. But with the time and material I would have into it I would probably break even...plus I wouldn't have a warranty lol. I did take a look at the "Perfect Sun 1000" over on the 420 sponsors page and it looks completely badass. Its a little on the high side of price, but the light that it puts out is amazing. So I was thinking a LED that is equivalent to 1200 watt HPS and pulls at least 500-600 watts from the wall. The 1000 watt lights that pull 250 are a joke. So quality and performance is the big thing. Price....just act like it doesn't matter for sake of argument.

We haven't had an update on the girls in a while, well with good pictures anyways, so here we are! They are doing great. There is noticeable growth today from the feed yesterday. Since we adjusted the LST yesterday, there is over an inch more growth in 24 hours. They like their new environment to say the least. Temps range from 66 lights off to 78 with lights on. Humidity was 44% to 62%. We are measuring in 3 different places in the room so it is constant throughout. We have been looking into getting an environment controller to control humidity, temps, and co2. In all honesty though, I would just want it for the co2 since the temps and humidity are great. Enough of this mumbo jumbo, lets get onto the pictures!

Bonnie - OG Kush
20160425_165155.jpg

Hope - Heavyweight fruit punch
20160425_165242.jpg

20160425_165250.jpg

Sparkle - Dinafem Cheese
20160425_165342.jpg

20160425_165354.jpg

Ruth - CKS Super Silver Haze

20160425_165438.jpg

Camille - Pineapple Chunk

20160425_165520.jpg

20160425_165530.jpg

Well that's all I have for the night. Going to take a big pull off of this :bong: and chill for the night, may I suggest you all do the same. Stay classy

Looking good, Solar Storm make a nice LED light if your in the US. Kind also make a 750 watt pull LED if you want to bleach your tops.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

You guys only popped one of the Dinafem OG Kush? I have those seeds and I hear they are easy to grow and they produce!
It was a freebie from a herbies order. Not to worry, with last week's order, we have another one coming :thumb:

Looking good, Solar Storm make a nice LED light if your in the US. Kind also make a 750 watt pull LED if you want to bleach your tops.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420
Thanks I'll have to look into those today. We have 8' tall ceilings so height really isn't an issue. Thanks :thumb:

Awesome grow room build coming. If you want to supplement a big hps light with LED don't get a big one. I would get four 250 watt actual draw lights and place them at all four sides of the HPS. In my grow I am finding that the best buds happen right at the intersection of hps and LED. With LED getting a 1000 doesn't really make sense as LED lights lack the distance penetration or coverage of an hps light. So for LEDs more small beats one big every time.

My lights are 265w actual draw and I paid about a dollar a watt real draw to get them to my front door. If you want to go sponsor lights I would say four of the Marshydro 400 lights would be great to work with your HPS.

New room looks awesome Nismo! I gotta get mine set up. 400 watt hid with 2 mars 900s at the sides :high-five:

Awesome grow room build coming. If you want to supplement a big hps light with LED don't get a big one. I would get four 250 watt actual draw lights and place them at all four sides of the HPS. In my grow I am finding that the best buds happen right at the intersection of hps and LED. With LED getting a 1000 doesn't really make sense as LED lights lack the distance penetration or coverage of an hps light. So for LEDs more small beats one big every time.

My lights are 265w actual draw and I paid about a dollar a watt real draw to get them to my front door. If you want to go sponsor lights I would say four of the Marshydro 400 lights would be great to work with your HPS.
I will have to price those out. That sounds like a better idea. More light coverage as well. Thanks :thumb:

New room looks awesome Nismo! I gotta get mine set up. 400 watt hid with 2 mars 900s at the sides :high-five:
Mars 900 you say....I'm going to price them out on amazon. Then I'll swing over to the Mars page in sponsors and see what kind of deal, if any, I can get. We have about a month or so before flower room will be finished.

Ive found some cheaper on *bay.. I was "gifted" mine.. Homeboy owed some cash dollars. His 4 months to pay were up.. bahahaha

Those would be fine. Cheaper on the bay by 50 bucks
I almost forgot if I have welcomed you or not shiggs so here ya go :passitleft: poor manners on my part, and thanks for the info on the lights. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom