Nismo's 2nd Grow - 5 Strains - 3 x 600 Watt HIDs - Topping - LST & Fluxing

re: Nismo's 2nd Grow - 5 Strains - 3 x 600 Watt HIDs - Topping - LST & Fluxing

Well we have 3 girls that are doing absolutely great and have taken everything we have thrown at them. Let me tell you the cheese is going to be a huge girl. New tops have started to form on 2 of them. The new pineapple chunk that sprouted is doing great.

Now to the bad. The super silver haze is still growing but very very slow and has showed slight yellowing. The OG Kush on the other hand has just been droopy. Basically no new growth and some slight yellowing. I thought it might have been from the feed so we did a flush of bottled water to get whatevery they didn't like out of the soil. I rotated them around the tent thinking it may be too much wind from the fan. I thought that they may be getting too much light so I put them off to the side so they wouldn't be directly under the most intense of light. Well that really didn't do much. Considering this is our 2nd grow and the first one is going without any issues minus some overwatering in the beginning. We can rule out over watering since the cups were like picking up a feather.

So that brings us to today. We picked up some of Fox Farms Boomerang in hopes of feeding that and getting them back on track. I tried to do some reading on it and what it will do if anything. I am curious if it would help. Well I think some pictures may help so here ya go.

Group shot

20160408_182518.jpg

SSH and OG kush

20160408_182512.jpg

Ideas?

Boomerang is a Ca Mg destress sutff, works great, will push up PH. Microbrew and roots drench are in my closet too. I use MB or RD with every feeding. Great stuff.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Boomerang is a Ca Mg destress sutff, works great, will push up PH. Microbrew and roots drench are in my closet too. I use MB or RD with every feeding. Great stuff.

Cheers

Thanks I think we will give it a go. :thumb:

Heya brother, Im here.. I dont see any real issues. I think you are doing a great job. Usually anything "HAZE" is a pain in the ass to grow. They tend to be very finicky and dont really eat much until flowering starts. Other than that, Id really think about transplanting. You more than likely have cups full of roots. Id go to atleast a 1-1.5 gal. Your smallest solo cup plant ( back center) is the same size as the autos I have running now were when I transplanted them. The cup was laden with spiraling roots. A general idea of root size it they reach out as far as the leaves and the mass under ground "in the basement" is 1/2 of whats in the attic. Id "up cup" and give them some leg room. :thumb:

Heya brother, Im here.. I dont see any real issues. I think you are doing a great job. Usually anything "HAZE" is a pain in the ass to grow. They tend to be very finicky and dont really eat much until flowering starts. Other than that, Id really think about transplanting. You more than likely have cups full of roots. Id go to atleast a 1-1.5 gal. Your smallest solo cup plant ( back center) is the same size as the autos I have running now were when I transplanted them. The cup was laden with spiraling roots. A general idea of root size it they reach out as far as the leaves and the mass under ground "in the basement" is 1/2 of whats in the attic. Id "up cup" and give them some leg room. :thumb:
Thanks! That was actually on the agenda for this weekend. 3 gallon smart pots is what they going to go in. We are going to "adapt" the smart pots to make it easier for transplanting later on. Also, what is your take on compost tea? We have a good amount of compost and worms going to town making castings and tea for us.

Thanks! That was actually on the agenda for this weekend. 3 gallon smart pots is what they going to go in. We are going to "adapt" the smart pots to make it easier for transplanting later on. Also, what is your take on compost tea? We have a good amount of compost and worms going to town making castings and tea for us.

I personally dont have alot of experience with "organic" gardening. i do however implement some worm casting type teas in my outdoor. I use a 5 gallon bucket of rain water or pond water and toss in a small bowl full of wc ( sometimes whats left over from a thing of worms for fishing) and I just let it sit for a few days.. Give it a good stir and dump a half gal in with my regular watering. SweetSue's threads are full of very talented canna cultivators that use alot of things LOS and organic. :thumb: Wish I could help ya more in that aspect brother. I can really only point ya to some others that will be far more helpful than I. lolz :high-five:

I personally dont have alot of experience with "organic" gardening. i do however implement some worm casting type teas in my outdoor. I use a 5 gallon bucket of rain water or pond water and toss in a small bowl full of wc ( sometimes whats left over from a thing of worms for fishing) and I just let it sit for a few days.. Give it a good stir and dump a half gal in with my regular watering. SweetSue's threads are full of very talented canna cultivators that use alot of things LOS and organic. :thumb: Wish I could help ya more in that aspect brother. I can really only point ya to some others that will be far more helpful than I. lolz :high-five:
Thanks for lending a hand. Have a ton to do today. Defoliating in flower and transplanting these little girls. When I sit down to relax later I'll go check out her perpetual and give it a good solid reading. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for lending a hand. Have a ton to do today. Defoliating in flower and transplanting these little girls. When I sit down to relax later I'll go check out her perpetual and give it a good solid reading. Thanks a lot!

Anytime man! Now get doin the damn chores ya slacker! :rofl::rofl::rofl: :high-five:

It was a busy day over in the veg tent as well! These girls are 3 weeks from sprout

We started the day off with altering our 3 gallon smart pots. We sewed some Velcro on to the bag to make transplanting later on loads easier.

20160409_160447.jpg

We mixed up some soil for these fine ladies. It consisted of potting soil, cow manure and compost, bone meal, peat moss, and perlite. Here are all of the girls being transplanted.

20160409_160916.jpg
20160409_161245.jpg
20160409_161553.jpg
20160409_162824.jpg
20160409_163133.jpg

We watered them after the landed into their new homes. The watered was pH'd to 6.5 and ppm was 500 ppm. We used Fox Farms Boomerang, a small dose of CalMag, and some Myco Madness. We shall see if these girls explode with growth now. We also installed an oscillating fan.

20160409_164334.jpg

Temps are in the 70's, RH is in the mid to upper 40's. The ballast is at 450w. The light is currently 15" from the highest point to the bulb.

It was a busy day and it is time to roll one up and relax. Training sessions start tomorrow, you are going to need your rest!:bigtoke::lot-o-toke:

Looks good, nice call on smart pots velcro. Hopefully it will hold when wet. Moreover, what are you using to keep your SP's out of standing water. I've seen people using bamboo sticks cross over each other.

Cheers

Looks good, nice call on smart pots velcro. Hopefully it will hold when wet. Moreover, what are you using to keep your SP's out of standing water. I've seen people using bamboo sticks cross over each other.

Cheers

We didn't have any issues with standing water with our 7 gallon pots in flower right now. I thought about using saucers but that would make them not able to run off. Right now it spills out the bottom and makes a touch of a mess. Then come back an hour later and the bottom of tent is dry. So it socks the water back up so never considered an issue.

Well today was a light training day. Just waiting for the new tops to be established. Going to do a ton more reading on fluxing and proper training. Clones are sitting in the corner in the jiffy container. I cut a hole in the top to control humidity. Currently sitting at 75% in the humidome.

20160410_112408.jpg

:rollit:

Top notch job ya are doin brother! Love the innovation with the smart pots and the organization. My OCD feels nice right now. Oh and the "cats and dogs in space" shirt had me lolin somethin fierce.! :high-five:

Top notch job ya are doin brother! Love the innovation with the smart pots and the organization. My OCD feels nice right now. Oh and the "cats and dogs in space" shirt had me lolin somethin fierce.! :high-five:

Thanks man! I forgot that I was wearing that shirt until I uploaded the pictures. Its amazing the types of shirts that I wear when I know I don't have to leave the house lol. But I am all about being organized. It makes everything easier. If something goes wrong you know when you messed up and what you did.

Oh and we started that half gallon challenge today by putting our first ever auto in the water. Kinda curious on how it is going to go. We have a fun idea for that also. This stuff is kinda fun. :passitleft:

Those plants are looking great! I sure hope you do decide to top or FIM your plants soon. I feel like I waited too long on mine and that made them a little weird but you live and you learn. Can't wait to read about what training techniques you will be using.

Those plants are looking great! I sure hope you do decide to top or FIM your plants soon. I feel like I waited too long on mine and that made them a little weird but you live and you learn. Can't wait to read about what training techniques you will be using.
Oh they have already been topped and some light LST right now. I want to get as many main Colas as we can. The pineapple chunk will be getting the fluxing treatment.

Hey nismo,

When you say you have a 600mh current at 450. Are you referring to it being dimmed down on a digital ballast?
Indeed. Ballast is at 75%. Just thought it would be easier if I did the math

Back
Top Bottom